Skylightblinds Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Skylightblinds Direct
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Skylightblinds Direct Reviews

About Skylightblinds Direct:

Here at Skylightblinds Direct we are the EXPERTS IN OUR FIELD.

Having manufactured blinds for 10 years and selling blinds online for over 15 years we have honed all of our resources into becoming the go to company, the “Experts” in everything Skylight Blinds related. Our dedicated factory manufactures our own brand blinds so suit all window makes and models. These include VELUX ®, Keylite ®, Dakstra ®, Fakro ® and Roto ® blinds to name but a few.

WE MOVE WITH THE TIMES! As technology and window fashions have changed so have we and we also now cater for windows with White frames and also hard to reach windows that require motorised solar powered roof blinds. Not to mention our new motorised horizontal skylight blinds that fit large expanses of glass such as Lantern windows.

Our blinds are made right here in the UK. Our dedicated factory manufactures up to 1000 skylight blinds per day and adhers to the strictest testing and quality control.

FREE 3 YEAR GUARANTEE! Every blind on our site comes with a fully comprehensive 3 year guarantee so you can shop with peace of mind.

FREE SAMPLES, as many as you require! If you are unsure of the colour or texture of the blind why not take advantage of our free service?

Tell us how Skylightblinds Direct made you happy
Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 20th November 2021
Andrew
Donna
Easy to order the right one, once you know the model number of your window. Quick delivery. 4 screws and you’re done. Perfect fit. A tiny bit of faff to centralise the handle, but once that’s done, it’s almost finished.
Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 20th November 2021
Thanks so much for your feedback. The blind looks fab!
Excellent service received - very pleased with the product
Outstanding service from our very first inquiry to ordering, delivery and aftercare when we managed to confuse the remote control! Naomi and her team were super quick to respond to every query, sooo helpful and service with a smile! If only every company we deal with had the same attitude. Oh as for the skylight blind... that is epic too!
Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 16th November 2021
Thank you so much Donna. Your blind looks fantastic and we are so happy that you are happy! We love how you put LED lights in your recess too. So much fun!
Excellent service
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you are happy. Please come back soon.
Quality products at a sensible price, backed up by exemplary customer service. We had a minor problem which was dealt with quickly and efficiently by a really supportive team for whom nothing was too much trouble. Really delighted with the finished result!
Thanks so much for your lovely review. I am so glad we were able to sort out the problem!
The service provided was great. I didn't know what blind I needed but I sent them a picture of my window and the sizes and they helped me find out what blind it was and gave me a direct link to buying the blind. You can order samples from them as well for free, this helped me as I was unsure what colour I wanted. My minor complaint would be that the blind was slightly more expensive than I thought, but it does the job and is good quality so it's not a big issue.
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review
Really pleased with my rooflight blind which has greatly improved the insulation in winter and reduced noise when rainfall is heavy on the glass. I found the kit easy to assemble and to fit. Advice and assistance from Skylight Blinds was efficient and thorough.
As requested I have attached photographs and a video of the blind as fitted. The blind covers the whole of the lantern area and was very easy to construct following the easy to understand instructions. The blind is powered by a rechargeable battery which is replenished by a small solar panel. The blind motor and solar panel fit at one end of the blind and are completely hidden by the blind framework. The blind can be controlled by the supplied remote control and works very easily. The batteries remain well charged in the summer months and we have only had to top up the charge from the mains adaptor once at the end of the winter period. The blind was required as the length aspect of the lantern faces East and the sun shines through it for most of the day. At times it was very hot and bright and at times it was impossible to see anything on the television screen. Since fitting the blind the glare and heat from the sun has become completely manageable and during the winter months although the lantern is fully double glazed it definitely helps to keep the heat in the room. In conclusion I would say that the blind is very well made and easy to fit by a couple of people with reasonable DIY skills. I would definitely recommend this blind from your company not only for the quality but also for the very reasonable price. Yours sincerely Graham Ross
Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 11th October 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 11th October 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 11th October 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 11th October 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 11th October 2021
Thank you so much I am so glad you are happy and thank you also for the wonderful photos and videos. If you need any further help we are here to help.
Very pleased with our blackout lantern blinds with mains powered motors, especially when we need to block the sun for comfort and protecting our furniture. The pre drilled angles were really spot for correct installation. Detailed instructions provided and videos available on line helped our electricians with fitting them in place.
Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 7th October 2021 Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 7th October 2021
Thank you for your review I am so glad you love your LanternLITE roof lantern blind. Glad your electricians found our instructions easy to read. We are happy the blind is doing its job and blocking the sun and protecting your furniture. Please let us know if you have any problems, questions and we are always happy to help.
We have been considering purchasing a lantern blind for a while now. But we’re a little hesitant as the costs from suppliers fitted were high. We got a quote from Skylightblinds that was very competitive. We had to wait a while before we ordered as it was a large purchase. We followed all of the directions and videos to measure up our blind and sent everything in. During the gap between quotes and order the company did keep in touch but we’re not intrusive which was good. The lady in sales was fabulous and we felt the communication was brilliant. Also they send you videos and written instructions so that you don’t feel too out of your depth. We also received a video of our blind working before it was sent out. Delivery was arranged as a day to suit us. The blind is great, well made and was fitted in about 90mins. It did take three of us at one point but largely was a two person job ( our lantern if very large ) Great customer service and good value for money would recommend to future customers.
What a lovely review. I am so glad you are happy with your purchase!
Excellent service before and after purchase
For a while I’ve been trying to find replacement blinds for two roof windows. Found skylight blinds and managed to source the correct blind with the expert site advice and help from themselves. I have just fitted one of the blinds and this took me 20 mins. Fantastic fit and doesn’t let any light through at all. I bought roto blackout blinds and I am so happy with them. Just follow the instructions and make sure you do get the blind equally set before fitting side runners and you won’t have an issue. They took about a week to arrive so no time at all and fantastic value. Top site and company for your blind purchase.
We ordered the honey comb lantern roof blind. It's just been installed and looks good, so cannot comment on the long term quality at this stage. The ordering process was easy, and it did arrive as estimated, albeit 6 weeks from ordering. The main issue was that the installation was not easy. I hired a professional handyman and even he struggled. It took him about 6 hrs to install it, and on occasions, he needed mine and my wife's help, so I am amazed that this product can be installed relatively easy by someone with a bit of DIY skills, which is what the sales person told me. Also the different and inconsistent set of instructions did not help. However, my handyman did say that now he has installed one, he should be able to do the next one in less than half the time.
Thank you for your feedback. You are right. Our Honeycomb fitting instructions need a bit of work. Sorry about that. I am so glad you like the product and it arrived within the estimated dispatch time. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to be in touch.
Staff very helpful when ordering the blind. Good customer service and quick delivery.
We purchased two skylight blinds, had lots of choice and very easy to order, having just moved to the property and inherited these windows. We where directed online to how to find our blind size. I must say it was very gd info. The blinds arrived in time stated. Very pleased with the colour and the ease of putting them up. Hardest part was finding a ladder to reach. It took 20mins each and all finished. They work brilliantly and will certainly buy from here again hence 5*
Excellent service, great quality blinds
Ordered skylight blinds for non velux windows. Very easy to identify the correct size even though the windows were over 15 years old ! Arrived promptly easy to follow instructions . Very pleased with them, well worth the money
100% would not recommend, can't believe how bad the product is, came bashed. Their method of putting these up is sticky tape to hold it which does not work and damaged my window because of this. Shocking
Thank you for your feedback. As per the instructions the sticky tape is to enable you to go hands free when installing the blind. There are holes in the product that you then need to use to screw the blind into the window or it will fall down (like it did). Sorry about the misunderstanding.
After much deliberation in costs and solutions to resolve our issues with a large 3.5m x 2.5m glass lantern, we chose to order a diy Lantern Lite blind from Skylightblinds. We are very pleased with the product they supplied, both in quality and service. We had a couple of technical glitches which were overcome by excellent support and fast delivery replacements . A fair level of engineering competence is needed for an installation of this size and we needed 3 people to lift and final fix. I have confidence in recommending this company and product. We have only had the blind up a couple of weeks so no knowledge of its winter thermal barrier performance but it certainly works as a sun shade.
Skylightblinds Direct 5 star review on 12th August 2021
Thanks so much for sharing It looks very impressive thank you for also saying you would recommend us. That means alot to us and we do pride ourselves on our after sales support. Please let us know if you need any help in the future.
Ordering was very easy. Received after 2 weeks. Fitted perfectly with just 4 simple screws - looks great and works very well.
Skylightblinds Direct is rated 4.76 based on 241 reviews