SG Petch Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend SG Petch

Tell us how SG Petch made you happy

customer service
Andrew Newman
"This is our 5 car purchase from S G Petch , by buying ourselves, or recommending friends , the reason for this is their after sales service is second to none"
Claire Anderson
"WOW and such an amazing service by myself and my sister previously before. I will definitely be back and recommend anyone and Tony is an absolute credit to your team and such a lovely gentlemen."
Linda King
"Josh Lane, who I dealt with was excellent. He was helpful, not pushy but answered all my questions clearly and fairly. My car was ready on time, beautifully valeted and a pleasure to drive away in. We have now had 5 cars from this garage and have been pleased each time. Keep up the good work. And Happy 😊 Christmas 🎄"
"I recently purchased a used Mazda MX5 from S G Petch, Darlington. The service provided by Ryan Robert5son was excellent. He took me through the part-exchange, transfer of personalised registration and associated documentation processes and it was an easy and pleasant experience."
"Hurrendous garage , told lie after lie and sold us faulty cars , they are keen to sell you cars but the after sales is hurrendous . Driving around in a car that should of failed mot ( and have video proof ) this has been going on since September last year and purchased 2 cars that have been returned to garage . Please do not use this garage unless you want lots of lies and distress ."
"Worst garage we have ever dealt with , purchased two cars within 7 months and both were faulty. One shouldn’t have even passed mot and we were driving it illegally. Lost 4and half grand on these cars . Will never use SG Petch at Darlington again ."
"Initial contact and pre sale, we the wife and I were very happy with all aspects of buying a new 69 reg car. The sales person met and bettered all of the criteria We required from finance to vehicle type and specs. A refundable deposit was given by us. However we cancelled the purchase About 7-8 days before the end of February 2019. We requested the refund of the deposit and expected it to be in the bank in about a week. To date 18/03/19 no refund even after numerous calls,emails & on line chat sessions and assurances it would be dealt with, the reality ZILCH and no one to one contact from Petch. The moral of this story they will bend over backwards to get you to buy,cancel and your no longer worthy of any courtesy or of being contacted. Obviously we are not recommending Petch of Durham to family and friends and to those of you who read this review. There was not a virtually impossible choice of “How easy was it to get a refund” so highlighted the Very Hard Our next step looks as though it will have to be us contacting a solicitor for getting our deposit back and seek compensation as well as legal costs."
"Amazing service with Lewis from start to finish, 100% recommend him at SG Petch (Durham branch)."
(Nissan Durham) - Posted 6 days ago
"Very good service"
(Darlington) - Posted 1 week ago
"Enjoyed my first week with the excellent new Mazda CX5 car purchased from SG Petch Darlington. The advice and the sales approach received from Ryan Robertson was excellent from first contact in showroom through test drive and final delivery. Highly recommend the car and the dealer and particularly the service provided by Ryan."
"good service, happy with it all"
(York) - Posted 1 week ago
"We bought a used KIA Sportage from Darlington. Marc McLaughlan was a great help in finding the right car for us and even though there were some slight hiccups (possibly due to our excitement and hurry to get in the car) these were taken care of very well. I would highly recommend!"
"We were incredibly lucky to approach Ray Yates when we didn’t know what we should do about a new family car. Ray’s expertise and patience was incredible and he helped us find a car that was perfect. Even allowing our baby and family dog to come with just me and my wife on a test drive. At no point where we pressured into any decisions and the after care we’ve experienced is second to none. Thank you Ray and all those we dealt with at SG Petch Durham."
"I recently had the pleasure of purchasing a pre-loved car through SG Petch. I was unsure of buying a car at distance without having first seen it in person. My communications with Reg Thompson allayed my initial cautiousness. Reg offered to send me a video tour of the car I was interested in and we spoke a couple of times on the phone either side of my receiving the video. Reg was open to all my questions and answered them honestly. I went on to purchase the car and my expectations were met when I travelled to York to collect the car. I would recommend SG Petch Used Cars."
(York) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"My wife and I ‘picked-up’ our new Mazda CX-5 on the 1st of March! We are both extremely happy with the car and have given the car a thorough test whilst on holiday in the Scottish Highlands. Our sales representative Ryan Robertson has been helpful from our first meeting and is a credit to the SG Petch Dealership."
"Picked up my 64 plate Kia Sorento from SG Petch at Darlington today. Dealt with Mike Jordinson who couldn’t have been more helpful. Very pleased with the car it’s an absolute pleasure to drive and Kia have vastly improved this car compared to our previous Sorento which was 3 years older."
"My experience of going to choose a car SGPetch Darlington was very good. Mike Jordinson and others were helpful and informative...as they were with me 3years ago. I recommend this company. Alan."
(Darlington) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"5 things incorrect with our car . Eg no owners manual , no aerial , Rear shockers had to be replaced , no SD card For sat nav , and rear parking sensors had to be replaced . This was on a one year old car . At Darlington S G Petch"
(Darlington) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Everything was fine until it came time to sign documents and waited 40 minutes to sign them. Then the figure were incorrect and needed to go back through to resign. Ray sales guy was extremely friendly and helpful."
(Durham) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"From beginning to end, the whole experience was flawless and I would recommend to anyone. Communication was excellent and the process was painless and stress free, from test drive to picking my car up. Can not fault them at all"
(Durham) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"We have purchased our last few cars from your company and have always found the staff very friendly, especially Gareth, who has dealt with most of our purchases. He is very helpful, explains everything clearly and is so easy to talk to. We have never had any complaints."
(Middlesbrough) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"friendly place, pleasant staff. the salesman that I dealt with (Indie) was very polite and helpful with customer satisfaction at heart."
(Middlesbrough) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"i don’t have too much to say regarding the actual car itself; bar the USB port, everything works as it should. Sadly the administration side of things has been frustrating to say the least. The entire service history of the vehicle has been mislaid and little seems to have been done to locate it. I have contacted yourselves several times and even mentioned it when dropping off the car (to get the USB port looked at, which still isn’t working) but no one seems to want to put any effort into finding it. The other (and possibly greater) gripe we have is that the log book has been sent to the wrong address and therefore also has an incorrect address on it. The implications of this error could have been quite serious (as an official document relating to ownership of the vehicle). As mentioned, the product you sold us is great and everyone I have spoken to at the garage has been friendly and professional but it’s such a shame that a few errors and lack of care after the sale have let us down."
SG Petch is rated 4.76 based on 2,317 reviews