Regency for Expats Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Regency for Expats

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Regency for Expats?

+44 20 3129 1544

info@regencyforexpats.com

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy

"Not as simple to claim as to buy the policy. Trust me pls get them to write everything in black and white and do not deal with them over the phone. Will not renew next year and will never recomment it to anyone."
"My health is very personal to me, so I will remain anonymous, but I wanted to make my thoughts public to thank to the claims team who helped me through the worst situation anyone can imagine. The service and the phone calls with Mary in particular were helpful and even comforting. Thank you all, especially Mary and Louis. :)"
"Was recommended Regency by a friend; thus far I have only good things to say about them. Very friendly people working there, quick turn around of queries and very easy to use."
"They refused to pay my dental claim for some fillings after someone initially mis-coded it as orthodontal work. This led to a long back-and-forth between me and them. Nobody would answer my emails. When I called in, I was told that the claims team would contact me. That never happened. I had a lawsuit filed against me from my dentist's office because I hadn't paid my bill... because Regency wouldn't pay my claim. So I've been paying it myself to avoid going to prison in a country that I'm not even from, AND continued to pay premiums to an insurance company that wouldn't pay my claim. Now my credit here is kind of ruined. So yeah... I highly discourage anyone from purchasing insurance from Regency. (Although I technically purchased the insurance from Principle Assurance, then it was acquired by Regency.) This is the worst experience I have ever had with an insurance company, and I'm from America. So that says a lot."
"Great value for money, good service, always very attentive and settle claims efficiently. Have made a few claims and am pleased with the way they dealt with them"
"Very Good. Have used Principle for a few years for health insurance for me and family. Have made claims easily and they have paid all my claims quickly. Staff are professional and helpful. Have recommended Principle to other expats I know and will continue to do so"
"Good value, good service. Cover is comprehensive in comparison to what I am used to, and they pay claims faster"
"Pay all my claims within 2 days and have firendly and helpful staff"
"I am extremely satisfied with the professional mannerisms displayed by the staff at Principal Assurance. I hope that I never have need to rely upon their cover but I can relax without having to stress about what may happen should something go wrong. The professionalism displayed thus far has set my mind at ease that if and when a serious matters arises I will be entirely looked after and can focus on what is important rather than how I will pay for everything."
"Excellent and timely service"
"Not sure yet, claim process seems very complicated"
"Jai toujour adorez, parceque tu est toujour derière moi ,tu me suporte je te suporte et la vie continue, ons enfous pas male des canares boiteux. Merci."
"From the get go I knew I had a problem. They ask for my wife's passport. She is Thai, we live in Thailand, and the hospital and Dr. are in Thailand. We have outpatient care only. She had visited the doctor because of 2 lumps and pain in her neck. The Dr. drained fluid and sent it in for testing. A week later during the followup visit The doctor stated that her thyroid glands must be removed. Made an appointment for 10 days later and presented her Regency medical card. Regency wanted her medical records so the hospital sent them. All 122 pages were sent along with the hospital costs. This is not a preexisting condition. Regency responded with a very confusing statement saying since the hospital had only private rooms that the coverage would be at 80%. Not knowing if that was for just the room or the entire bill the hospital and myself contacted Regency for clarification. They responded by saying the case was sent to the claims underwriters again and that we would here back within the hour. 2 days went by so I contacted the complaints address and was assured that we would get a response within 1 day. We did not. The surgery date was fast approaching so I made several calls to a very nice spokes person. She told me the 80 % was covering the entire bill not just the room. I told her that was not what my policy stated and was unacceptable. I stated that I wanted a guarantee payment to the hospital ASAP as surgery was in less than 12 hours. she refereed the claim back to the assessment team. The team sent a follow up message stating that because the hospital only offered single occupancy rooms that the claim would be denied. But since that wanted to assist, they would cover the hospital bill at 60%. Quote----- "Dear Team: This case has been forwarded for further review for the plan only covers hospitalization wherein the type of room occupied is Semi-Private room only, however, your facility could not accommodate this as you do not have the said room type. When this is the case there usually is no coverage however, Regency would like to assist its’ clients and are willing to cover up to 60% of the total cost. Our apologies if the initial advise was given in error but this is the final advise from the underwriters that if the Guaranty of Payment will be issued it will only be under these terms. Hope you understand. Thank you. Kind Regards, Claims Handling" ----- End Quote The hospital staff has never experienced such a fiasco and neither have I. Although there is a complaints department I suspect they all stick together like glue and will not alter the decision.... Very very bad customer service.... Deplorable action. I will do everything I can to expose Regency as the most corrupt insurance company serving the expat community."
"Merci Regency, jespere que quant on à confience à une sosiété, ons peut tous lui confier, je veut vous confier mon numero de conpte à cose de notre busnesse. J'atant votre réponsse par messagerie. Je vous ador. Merci."
"Merci Regency, Quans t'on à confience a une sosiété, l'on peut lui confié toutes les responssabiliter: je te confie mon numero de mon compte, esque s'est possible.Réponder moi d'abor par messagerie, je t'ador.Merci."
"Hollo brother& sister so much,iam more greeting to us too & living in kampala &from fort portal as let me deaf young man as I hope so that we may be able to support for me."
"Is gog, j'ador beaucoup assurance Regency Expacts. Sa me rassure d'avoir confience sur tout ce que je peut entreprendre. Et ci par asar vous trouvez 1 piraterie ou 1Bamdi gaille man sur mon Chemain d'e-mail, bloqué le automaticment. On est enssenble.Merci. je vous aimes ford."
"Most people think criminals are out there selling's drugs, committing acts of violence, raping and killing people. I'll tell you right now the real criminals wear suits, they are in our courts on both sides of the bench and the are most definitely in the insurance industry. Every department are crooked gutless and heartless killers. They do it without raising their voice, but make sure they definitely raise their companies bottom line. The brokers, the claims department and everyone involved are cold blooded killers. Regency for expats denied me emergency surgery on a dangerous kidney infection because they say I had a preexisting condition. I had presented at the hospital seeking pain relief as i had run out of my pain killers for a sore back from a 10 year old back injury. I had no intention of claiming the pain killers and the time of the doctors to write me this script. However the doctors very thorough and done an ultrasound and found out that I had kidney stones and infection. They called the insurance company and they say that because i presented with a sore back i must have known i had a kidney stone and won't pay out. They would not listen to me about anything. This is the clincher though, when i took out the policy i was asked my date of birth, the country i wanted cover in and my credit card number. They took payment instantly and said i'm now covered. The next day i received an email with confirmation that im now covered. NEVER ONCE DID THEY EVEN ASK IF I HAD PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS, THEY DIDN'T EVEN EVEN TELL ME THAT IF I HAD PRE EXISTING THAT I WOULD VOID MY INSURANCE. NOW THAT MAY SEEM COMMON KNOWLEDGE TO MOST BUT IT WASNT TO ME AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I WASNT MADE AWARE OF THIS FACT, AND DID NOT SIGN THAT I KNEW THIS. REALISTICALLY I COULD HAVE BEEN IN A HOSPICE WITH TERMINAL CANCER AND TAKEN THIS POLICY OUT, THEN WITHOUT TELLING A SINGLE LIE I COULD HAVE LEGALLY MADE A CLAIM. THEN AFTER CHARGING MY CARD, GIVING ME A CERTIFICATE STATING MY POLICY HAS NOW STARTED."
"Easy to claim, Regency replied same day and paid it the next day. Astonishingly great service. Defo a reccomend."
"Superb service and very quick also"
Regency for Expats is rated 4.33 based on 126 reviews