Rattle and Drum Reviews

of reviewers recommend Rattle and Drum
Read Rattle and Drum Reviews

About Rattle and Drum:

Rattle & Drum Music is an independent musical instrument retailer based in Derby, UK. Established in the nineties as a drum and percussion specialist, we are now one of the country’s leading independent musical instrument stores, keeping it simple and specialising in the key ingredients of all great music - guitar, bass and drums! We stock the very best brands in the business, with hundreds of acoustic, bass and electric guitars, a vast range of amps, pedals and accessories and we have one of the best drum and percussion showrooms in the UK.

martin@rattleanddrum.com

77-81 Osmaston Road
Derby
DE1 2JH

Tell us how Rattle and Drum made you happy
Good prices however my order took 11 days in total from date of order to receipt In this day and age faster delivery is something I value as a customer.
Bought as a present for May so can’t comment yet
I’ve ordered from Rattle and Drum before and not had any issues so I can only assume that this time it was a one off!! There were issues with delivery which meant that I had to chase the product and the status of the order. I did receive a response to my email chase which was great, and the goods arrived about 10 days after order. No major issues but not the best of experiences this time around.
Paid for next day delivery got a text saying between 9:34-10:34 missed called at 9:38 heard no knock at the door ordered on Friday to have in time for a gig on Saturday package didn't get redelivered till Monday
Hi, I completely understand how frustrating that is and I'm sorry you've had that experience. However I'm not sure we could have done anything about this incident. We sent the item on the next day, express service that you paid for in good faith and you had the notifications to say the item was indeed due to be delivered. I don't think it's really very fair to leave a negative review for us, which can affect how people view our business, for something we can't influence. What's more, if you did miss a knock on the door, DPD delivered at the next earliest opportunity without extra charge which in my eyes is exactly what they should have done.
Very disappointed when I received this order. The product arrived in a box that was falling apart. I bought it as a Christmas present and now I am unable to give it as it looks tatty.
The item supplied was just as described but the eBay Ad stated that they would despatch the item on the same day for orders placed before 3 pm. This was not true for me and despite paying for my order at 2 pm on a Wednesday I received the item on Monday the following week. This was annoying because I chose to buy from this seller just because I had planned to use the item for my work over the weekend, which was impossible. I know this was down to the despatch being made late rather than Royal Mail delivering slow because the seller did NOT despatch until a whole day later (I have the eBay emails to prove it).
Fast delivery and good prices, or at least I thought. I was planning on placing another order with them shortly after I received my first order and I had picked out items to put in my cart, but needed to go to the bank the following day to top up my account. Upon my return I had found that overnight, the prices of the items I was going to buy had significantly increased, for no discernible reason. If you wish to buy from them please shop around first and if you do find them to be cheaper then buy IMMEDIATELY. I don't particularly appreciate constantly fluctuating prices, and I find that for a UK store to have prices of items that don't end in 0 or .99 to be slightly suspicious...
Hi James, I understand your frustration on this as it annoys me too. The issue we have is that to remain competitive we run a re-pricer that compares our price to our competitors on Google shopping and adjusts as necessary. The unusual pence values and fluctuation are an inevitable consequence of that. Most prices are relatively stable but the switch you purchased did dip then rebound quickly in price. It was very much a case that you got an unusually low price on the one you had rather than us putting the price up on the second one you wanted. Kind Regards Martin
Day late on delivery. Goods excellent.
Prices. Competitive. Good. . Website average. Needed the skins in a hurry as recording some film trailer tracks last minute. I have a disability and don’t drive so rely on online purchasing VS driving to the store. Was trying to find a company that had competitively priced products as well as postage and shipping. I was given a 10% discount if I Sign up for the emails and ordered through them. The code unfortunately didn’t work. Customer service. I bought a mic and stand through amazon at the same time that was dispatched and arrived earlier. I paid extra with rattle and drum for express delivery. Once I called on the phone to get things moving, the staff were incredibly polite and helpful and received tracking and dispatch info shortly after. Grateful for their help and assistance. An overall good and positive experience. Thank you very much. P.S I was going to submit as anonymous but unable to do, now trying to submit as myself but there’s lots of messing around with social media accounts such as Instagram. Why is that? It’s not necessary.
The drum sticks I ordered arrived in good time, but I was surprised to find a pair still intact in the padded envelope as one end was torn open. The wood tips of the sticks had caused the tear, if someone had taken a fancy to them I would have paid for an empty parcel. Lucky.
Thanks for your review, we are glad to hear your sticks arrived in good time and as ordered. We send out thousands of sticks a week in the same type of packaging and rarely have issues but please be assured that in the unlikely event of something going missing we would always replace the item at our expense. Kind Regards Rattle & Drum
Dispatch was a little slow but other than that no complaints.
Hi. I paid extra for express delivery as I am as working drummer and needed the item. It seemed to me that it wasn't dispatched for several days after the order was placed. This is disappointing. I don't want to give a negative rating as we need decent specialist drum stores and your price was good. I would advise not offering an express delivery service at premium price if you can't actually provide it.
Hi Murry, I completely agree and apologise for the postage error. As can be seen from our feedback, we really strive to get these sorts of things right every time but things can occasionally go a little wrong. In this case it looks like the wrong delivery service was used by our despatch team. In this case we should have refunded your express charge, please let us know if this hasn't arrived in your account.
Very good, a bit pricey compared to local competition.
Quality products. Good customer service.
Quick delivery which I am very happy about. When the drum head arrived however, there was no extra packaging around the box, so the box got quite damaged in transit, which In turn seems to have damaged the drum head (snare side) so a fragile head anyway. Although saying that, I will be shopping here again.
Hi, so sorry to hear that your head was damaged in transit. Clearly it should have been in another box. I'm happy to replace it for you. Just contact the store and let us know your order number and we'll sort the right size.
I was disappointed as I received item without original package
insufficient postage applied to item which resulted it being downgraded to second class so took a week to arrive - shame
Hi Julia, we take customer service very seriously and I'm very to sorry to hear about what happened in your situation. As I'm sure you can imagine we send out hundreds of items a week and inevitably the occasional package gets the wrong postage amount on it as many items straddle the various postage bands. However, the way our mail system works is that if an item is deemed to be underpaid by the Royal Mail it should still be delivered First Class to you the customer, and we get charged an additional fee at our end. An additional cost for us but the customer is unaffected and receives the item as expected. Your case is only the second time we have had an item turn up late having been wrongly assigned by the Post Office to Second Class and unfortunately I can't give a good explanation for why this has happened, it certainly isn't how it should work! Regardless, we are very sorry the delivery was slow to reach you and completely understand your frustration. Ineveitably with hundreds of orders a week occasionaly things go wrong but we will always try to make amends if possible and I have emailed you in regards to this. Kind Regards Matt Director Rattle & Drum Ltd
Rattle and Drum is rated 4.90 based on 2,655 reviews