Rattle and Drum Reviews

Based on 3,249 reviews
5 out of 5
Read Rattle and Drum Reviews

About Rattle and Drum:

Rattle & Drum Music is an independent musical instrument retailer based in Derby, UK. Established in the nineties as a drum and percussion specialist, we are now one of the country’s leading independent musical instrument stores, keeping it simple and specialising in the key ingredients of all great music - guitar, bass and drums! We stock the very best brands in the business, with hundreds of acoustic, bass and electric guitars, a vast range of amps, pedals and accessories and we have one of the best drum and percussion showrooms in the UK.

martin@rattleanddrum.com

77-81 Osmaston Road
Derby
DE1 2JH

Tell us how Rattle and Drum made you happy
Communication was good, but sadly a simple guitar strap took two and a half weeks to arrive. To be fair they had issues with their supplier, but I hadn't noticed they do sell things that they don't physically have in the shop.
Hi Neville, I'm sorry your guitar strap took longer than expected to arrive. We do sell items sourced directly from the supplier's warehouse as there are far more choices than we could possibly keep here however, we do try and make this as transparent as possible on the product page. We give as accurate as possible lead time and state where the stock is (in-store or supplier warehouse). In this case though the strap took a couple of days longer than the stated 14 working days so I do apologise that this was the case. The last couple of weeks have seen a few delays from the EU suppliers but this seems to be going back to normal now. Kind Regards Martin
Absolutely awful communication! Ordered my items online only to be called the following day to be told that one of the items was out of stock. I was told all be in by the middle of the week and as a result, with me by the weekend. Absolutely fine, no problem. The following week, still no delivery, still no update. Was then passed around the houses trying to find out what was going on with my order. Finally get an idea of what’s happening to be told that nobody knows where it is! After finding it I’m told that it’s been put on a next day post service to ‘maybe’ arrive with me on a Saturday. Finally out for delivery on Monday, the driver then decides to refuse deliver despite me updating the details to allow a safe place to be used. Over two weeks for the products to arrive and with absolutely no communication from the company is absolutely not acceptable. I’m still waiting for that phone call too Ed…
There was a delay in delivery that was actioned after i contacted them. They confirmed an issue at their end and apologised.
Sadly we waited over three weeks for flix sticks arrive. Yes it was over Christmas but there failed to be communication initiated by rattle and drum to explain the delay; eventually we had some positive communication which they followed up on as promised and my son is very happy with the product.
Delivery very good.
Total cock-up on my order mostly involving the retailer, distributor and courier. That said Rattle were honest when I got past their stock responses. They took ownership and made good as soon as possible. I will happily use them again.
The lemon oil I ordered at first never arrived I had to contact rattle and drum to get satisfaction although I paid the extra postage.
really disappointed in the item i purchased, described as universal clutch. It's clearly not universal as it doesn't fit one of the largest manufacturers of drum kit - Pearl, their hi-hat stand. The first response to my query was poor, with the advisor not acknowledging the issue. A further intervention from a colleague confirmed it was a known issue!! Helpfully they provided an alternative, and I asked for a pre-paid return...nothing back from them so far.
Product arrived later than stated but forgivable under current global circumstances. However, considering it was reasonably fragile, i.e. made of fibreglass and prone to breaking under pressure, it wasn't really packaged suitably. Luckily it wasn't broken on arrival!
Great price but poor communication via social media outlets. I bought drum skin after over a week i finally got a reply saying order was wrong and that waiting for a new skin to arrive before being sent out. Finally got skin sent out after couple more days. I won't be using these guys again
Hi Thomas, I can only apologise for the error, not a great reflection of our generally excellent service. Unfortunately we got an item on the order wrong and had to re-order it, this took a few days to sort out. Admittedly we couldn't have sorted it any quicker but it would have been better for us not to make the mistake in the first place. Kind Regards Martin
Good prices however my order took 11 days in total from date of order to receipt In this day and age faster delivery is something I value as a customer.
Many thanks for your review. we always look in to any negative feedback to see if we can improve our service. Our only current issue is with the reliability of stock coming from the EU, one order may take 5 days the next 3 weeks! In this case we stipulated a lead time of 14 days for delivery which is normally more than adequate. Unfortunately the shipment took over 2 weeks to get through customs. Sadly there is now way to predict or track these delays and hopefully with time the situation will improve, the 14 days we quoted for this supplier is our best guess at an average. If we put 30 days no one would buy the items and most of them would arrive within 7 days, all we can do is keep a close watch and apologise to people such as yourselves when it doesn't work out.
Bought as a present for May so can’t comment yet
I’ve ordered from Rattle and Drum before and not had any issues so I can only assume that this time it was a one off!! There were issues with delivery which meant that I had to chase the product and the status of the order. I did receive a response to my email chase which was great, and the goods arrived about 10 days after order. No major issues but not the best of experiences this time around.
Paid for next day delivery got a text saying between 9:34-10:34 missed called at 9:38 heard no knock at the door ordered on Friday to have in time for a gig on Saturday package didn't get redelivered till Monday
Hi, I completely understand how frustrating that is and I'm sorry you've had that experience. However I'm not sure we could have done anything about this incident. We sent the item on the next day, express service that you paid for in good faith and you had the notifications to say the item was indeed due to be delivered. I don't think it's really very fair to leave a negative review for us, which can affect how people view our business, for something we can't influence. What's more, if you did miss a knock on the door, DPD delivered at the next earliest opportunity without extra charge which in my eyes is exactly what they should have done.
Very disappointed when I received this order. The product arrived in a box that was falling apart. I bought it as a Christmas present and now I am unable to give it as it looks tatty.
The item supplied was just as described but the eBay Ad stated that they would despatch the item on the same day for orders placed before 3 pm. This was not true for me and despite paying for my order at 2 pm on a Wednesday I received the item on Monday the following week. This was annoying because I chose to buy from this seller just because I had planned to use the item for my work over the weekend, which was impossible. I know this was down to the despatch being made late rather than Royal Mail delivering slow because the seller did NOT despatch until a whole day later (I have the eBay emails to prove it).
Fast delivery and good prices, or at least I thought. I was planning on placing another order with them shortly after I received my first order and I had picked out items to put in my cart, but needed to go to the bank the following day to top up my account. Upon my return I had found that overnight, the prices of the items I was going to buy had significantly increased, for no discernible reason. If you wish to buy from them please shop around first and if you do find them to be cheaper then buy IMMEDIATELY. I don't particularly appreciate constantly fluctuating prices, and I find that for a UK store to have prices of items that don't end in 0 or .99 to be slightly suspicious...
Hi James, I understand your frustration on this as it annoys me too. The issue we have is that to remain competitive we run a re-pricer that compares our price to our competitors on Google shopping and adjusts as necessary. The unusual pence values and fluctuation are an inevitable consequence of that. Most prices are relatively stable but the switch you purchased did dip then rebound quickly in price. It was very much a case that you got an unusually low price on the one you had rather than us putting the price up on the second one you wanted. Kind Regards Martin
Day late on delivery. Goods excellent.
Prices. Competitive. Good. . Website average. Needed the skins in a hurry as recording some film trailer tracks last minute. I have a disability and don’t drive so rely on online purchasing VS driving to the store. Was trying to find a company that had competitively priced products as well as postage and shipping. I was given a 10% discount if I Sign up for the emails and ordered through them. The code unfortunately didn’t work. Customer service. I bought a mic and stand through amazon at the same time that was dispatched and arrived earlier. I paid extra with rattle and drum for express delivery. Once I called on the phone to get things moving, the staff were incredibly polite and helpful and received tracking and dispatch info shortly after. Grateful for their help and assistance. An overall good and positive experience. Thank you very much. P.S I was going to submit as anonymous but unable to do, now trying to submit as myself but there’s lots of messing around with social media accounts such as Instagram. Why is that? It’s not necessary.
The drum sticks I ordered arrived in good time, but I was surprised to find a pair still intact in the padded envelope as one end was torn open. The wood tips of the sticks had caused the tear, if someone had taken a fancy to them I would have paid for an empty parcel. Lucky.
Thanks for your review, we are glad to hear your sticks arrived in good time and as ordered. We send out thousands of sticks a week in the same type of packaging and rarely have issues but please be assured that in the unlikely event of something going missing we would always replace the item at our expense. Kind Regards Rattle & Drum
Rattle and Drum is rated 4.90 based on 3,249 reviews