Rattle and Drum Reviews

Based on 3,249 reviews
5 out of 5
Read Rattle and Drum Reviews

About Rattle and Drum:

Rattle & Drum Music is an independent musical instrument retailer based in Derby, UK. Established in the nineties as a drum and percussion specialist, we are now one of the country’s leading independent musical instrument stores, keeping it simple and specialising in the key ingredients of all great music - guitar, bass and drums! We stock the very best brands in the business, with hundreds of acoustic, bass and electric guitars, a vast range of amps, pedals and accessories and we have one of the best drum and percussion showrooms in the UK.

martin@rattleanddrum.com

77-81 Osmaston Road
Derby
DE1 2JH

Tell us how Rattle and Drum made you happy
Really thin t shirt material, very disappointed. Looks like a knock off copy, was wholly dissatisfied with the service - turned up a week and half late as well.
Many thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the shirt, I can assure you that we only source these from the manufacturer though, so if you're not happy with the quality it's definitely not because they're 'knock offs' but because the manufacturers are not using particularly good material. In terms of the lead time though, this was advertised as a 14 day delivery time as they are sent from the manufacturers warehouse to us, this was very clearly stated on the product page.
I still haven't received my items. It's been going on too long
Hi Dariusz, I completely understand that it's frustrating when things don't go to plan, but as stated in our emails: You purchased the item late Friday last week, we posted in on Monday (the first possible opportunity,) the earliest it would have arrived is Wednesday. You emailed to say it hadn't arrived this Friday, it's is a little late but, considering the Royal Mail are still struggling with staffing levels and high demand, I don't think it unreasonable to wait and see if it turns up after the weekend. If it doesn't we will then sort someting out. I don't think it's fair or reasonable to publicly complain and write a negative review when we have done our bit quickly and responded to all you emails in good faith. At no point have we ignored you or refused to help you. Regards Martin
Have been waiting a week for 6 x Snare Drum Cords and still nothing a week later, HELP!!! M*
I wouldn't want to put any transaction information on here so no screen shot but you ordered your snare cords on the 1st Jan and they were posted on the 3rd Jan (the first possible opportunity to post them) and they show as delivered!? If you order on a bank holiday they're not going to get posted until the Royal Mail opens again.
Ordered on the 15th, didn't ship until 22nd. If products are out of stock, some sort of explanation would be appreciated, rather than total silence while you wait for the customer to chase it up with you.
Hi Matt, I'm sorry your item was delayed, we are trying to be as transparent as we can while working within the confines of a Shopify website. The item that delayed the shipment does clearly state 'delivered from supplier in 3-5 days', however even then it was a couple of days later than that. Buying a combination of things from shop stock and supplier stock is something we are trying to improve as this seems to be the only area we get negative feedback from. I hope you were happy with the items when you finally got them . Kind Regards Martin
Waited over three weeks to receive an online order. There was no communication or explanation with me about this until prompted, and after my initial prompted communication received no further personal communication. No apologies or goodwill gestures were given despite the huge delay to the order. I have not had good experiences with Rattle & Drum in the past, and have heard first-hand many other terrible tales of very poor customer service. Thought I'd give them another shot, but will think twice about it in the future.
Very poorly packaged and the box (if you could call it that was 4 pieces of cardboard and 2 pieces of tape) any small items would have definitely lost in transite this was a big let down for me..from a great price from rattle and drums own website.
Hi Paul, All I can do is apologise for this. We are normally excellent at packaging as our great review record would attest to and I can only assume they rushed this. The items you purchased were drum heads and so no danger of small items escaping though this doesn't excuse poor packaging in general. The team have been notified of this review and we'll do our best to ensure items don't go out poorly packaged in the future.
I ordered with the promise of within seven days, they took two months and quite a few messages with the same reply, they took my order not even knowing if they could deliver, I was refused a reply when I finally had enough and asked a refund. It was only a few quid but I don't like being deceived especially for something I could have gotten elsewhere. Very disappointed and they won't even care.
I sympathise with you completely, there have been a few items that are sourced from the EU where our usual ETA of 7 days ended up being weeks, although 95% of items were within the 7 days. The issue we had was that there was no way of telling which items would come quickly and which would be delayed at the border. It is unfortunate that your item was held up but I can honestly say that at no point were you mislead or ignored. We were transparent in our emails that we just couldn't be sure when the item would arrive but hoped it wouldn't be long. We refunded the express delivery (of course) and we offered a refund on the item if you became tired of waiting. I don't want to even attempt the absolve ourselves of blame here, it has been very difficult to manage the last few weeks with Brexit and a pandemic with 50% staff levels and a closed shop and I'm sure there are things we could and should have done better but care we most certainly do!!
They sent me damaged item and claimed everything was ok and gave irrelevant advice.
Cant write a review as I am still waiting on my item
Hi Thelma, This item was ordered on the 29th August (Saturday) Sent to you via Royal Mail on the 1st which was the earliest opportunity via Royal Mail 2nd Class. We are in England and you are in Northern Ireland. It does seem a little harsh to leave us a 1 star review having waited only 4 days for it to arrive and not even contacting us once to see where it was!?
Poor communication, was not informed that the product I had bought would take 2 weeks to turn up compared to the 4 days I was told via email. Poor customer service when I sent an email wondering where my parcel was and again was mislead by what was told through a short and blunt response.
Reality hit and miss, overall not great.
Hi Peter, We really take our customer service very seriously as can be seen from our overall score. Please could you give us more detail so we can act on any comments you may have. We are always keen to eliminate any areas causing issues. Kind Regards. Martin.
I recently bought a cajon online with Rattle and Drum. It took 15 days to be delivered instead of the two or three specified. I was not informed of any of the problems Rattle and Drum were experiencing with the delivery company. I had to phone them a number of times. At the end the cajon did not arrive on time for my son's birthday. Utterly disappointed
It is rare that we get negative reviews, it even less common for them to be justified but on this occasion our customer was let down by us. We did have a genuine issue with our 3rd party warehouse and this turned an advertised 4 to 5 delivery as advertised into over 10 working days. While we were unable to influence this we could have certainly done more to communicate the error. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kind Regard. Martin
Didnt send all of the parts I ordered and then wouldnt refund the return of the incomplete order. terrible customer service
This is not an accurate or fair review. The customer ordered a Fender part and emailed us to say some screws were missing from the packet. They then sent us a picture of the item that had been clearly opened and then re-stapled. Regardless of this we sent out replacement screws for the customer, who then said he no longer needed the item and wanted to return it. We said this was no problem at all but the customer felt we should pay for this, we did not agree. At all times we have been courteous, polite and helpful.
"rude guy in shop, told me I wasn’t allowed to take a guitar down from the wall myself. Should’ve been a special moment buying a 1st fender for my son. And then one person ruins it. 1st time I’ve seen that In 30 yrs of guitar shops
Hi I'm very sorry if you felt anyone here was rude to you, that is not something we would ever want to happen and I can only apologise. We absolutely welcome anybody to try any guitar they are thinking of purchasing. However, we do request that we get the guitars down from the wall for you (there are numerous signs around the shop), this is simply to prevent them from picking up damage out of respect for their ultimate owners. This is fairly standard practice in most music shops, though we obviously haven't communicated it well to you in this instance and we're sorry about that. Please let me know if I can be of any further help at all. Kind Regards Matt Director Rattle & Drum Ltd
Sent them an email requesting a change of address before item was dispatched, they claim not to have received it.
Hi This was an eBay purchase paid for via PayPal. PayPal's policy for buyer protection is that orders must be shipped to your registered PayPal address. We received no contact from you via eBay or any of our advertised contact addresses or numbers but even if we had we would not have been able to change the address in this instance. Regardless, I am of course sorry that you are in any way unhappy with our service, we work very hard to try to make our customers happy. Kind Regards Matt Director Rattle & Drum Ltd
In all my 40years of being a musician I've never ever been to a music shop that doesn't let you try the instruments!!!!!????
I'm sorry that you feel in any way disappointed by us; as you have posted anonymously and given no detail I can't comment on the specifics but this is not an accurate or fair representation of our in-store policy. We actively encourage anyone interested in purchasing any instrument to try it (and to compare it with others) in our shop before buying, we believe it is an essential part of getting the right gear for you, nobody can judge better than you can with your own ears, eyes and hands! However, like all music shops we do have to limit people just wanting to have a quick play with no interest in buying in order to protect the instruments from damage out of respect for their eventual owners. It is not in any way about discouraging people from trying anything out while trying to make a purchasing decision, which we absolutely welcome. If you would like to discuss your exact circumstances with me I'll be more than happy to help, our email address is online@rattleanddrum.com Matt Pearson Director Rattle & Drum Ltd
Recieved my package all wet through and it had been thrown over my gate left for any stranger to get their hands on. When I complained about this the customer service was awful and failed miserably to resolve the issue. I will NEVER order from 'rattle and drum' again and will make sure noone I know does either!
This is in no way a fair representation of the facts. This customer contacted us with a fairly friendly email to inform us that he had received his package in good time and was very happy with the product. However, he also let us know that he had asked the third-party courier to leave the package in a specific place in his garden and the courier left it in a different more exposed place. We immediately responded to apologise, agreed that the courier shouldn't have done so, checked that the item had arrived in good condition and assured him that we would contact the courier to complain. The customer then sent us an increasingly angry number of emails alluding to compensation on the basis that the item could have theoretically been stolen or damaged. Our communication with this customer has been prompt, courteous and amicable at all times, unlike his emails to us. We stand by our products and take customer service extremely seriously as our reviews on this site attest, in addition to 20,000 100% positive reputation on eBay. Had the item been stolen or arrived damaged we would of course have immediately replaced it. We also offered to accept the item back for a full refund if the customer was unhappy with any part of our service or the product. We processed the customer's order promptly, it arrived on time, the item was not damaged and the customer was happy with the item. In return the customer has left us a 1 star review because he could not force any money out of us to compensate for a theoretical problem with his order that did not occur. This customer certainly will not buy from us again as he has now been banned.
I ordered Fender strap locks as per the picture on their website but they sent different types. They will do as I can't be bothered to send them back.
This was the first communication we received with regards to a problem with this order which was clearly an error we made when picking the order. In response we contacted the customer directly to resolve the issue and offered to collect the incorrect item and replace it or to provide a discount on the item received. The matter was resolved amicably to the customer's satisfaction.
Rattle and Drum is rated 4.90 based on 3,249 reviews