Oakcity Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Oakcity
Telephone
"Excellent quality furniture and great customer service."
Julie Richardson
"The plus side is constant communication from the company so you are always aware of when the item is going to turn up. The driver was polite and pleasant and the furniture seems of decent quality. My issue is that it is delivered packaged up and I had to sign to say I had received in good condition. Firstly I am getting on a bit and had hoped to have it placed in situ as your advertising hints - 'ready to go' without wrestling with cardboard and tape and secondly I would not have seen any faults before accepting. Maybe give the delivery man a bit more time to deliver properly?"
Penny King-Cox
"Good quality. Value for money. Excellent customer service."
"Nabraska sideboard purchased and its lovely. Can't fault the product. However your chosen delivery sevice is appalling. You guarenteed me delivery within 48 hours and l actually received it 8 days later. There is an email address to change delivery. I told them l wasnt going to be there and they said when will l be?... l said Friday morning and all was agreed. Well they came in the afternoon instead and gave me a 2 hour slot time so l missed it but was left a calling card with a time on it that was 2 hours after the given slot anyway. I rang again on that evening to say l missed it can you re-deliver and he said he couldn't come until Thursday!! So l explained again l am not there to which he replied ok then Tuesday!! I waited in all day this time and didnt rely on said time slot. And finally got my order! This has put me off ordering from you again."
We're so happy to read that your sideboard is lovely.
However, we are devastated to read that our courier has let us down on this occasion.

We use several different couriers and would hate for you to be put off buying from us again due to this experience. We do use a variety of different couriers and would recommend if you do wish to purchase from us again we use a different courier to the one we used for you last time and hope that we can improve your experience purchasing from us.

We do wholeheartedly apologise that your experience with us wasn't 100% positive but we will review your comments and the courier we use and will investigate what happened with delivering your order so that future customers do not experience the same as you.

Regards Amanda at Oak City.
"Oak City were badly let down by their courier. XPD took over 70 hours to deliver this item after dispatch by Oakcity. Dispatch was within 8 working hours of order. an excellent service. The reason I gave them a good review rather than very good is that unfortunately they are responsible for the courier they use. Response to emails was excellent."
We are absolutely devastated to read that we have been let down by one of our couriers.

We actually use several different courier companies and will be investigating with XDP all complaints as we do not want to use any company that reflects badly on our business.

We are sorry to read that we have been let down by our chosen courier at this time but pleased to read that your comments regarding our communication with you were excellent.

If you would like to shop with us again, we would welcome you to try again with one of our other chosen couriers and hope that we can improve our service to you further.

Regards Amanda at Oak City
"Excellent quality furniture and great customer service."
Good morning Julie, we are sorry to read that you were disappointed that the item wasn't as 'ready to go' as you had hoped.
We will look into our wording on the website, as we described items that are ready to go, as those that do not need assembling and are not flat packed items and therefore once out of the box are 'ready to go'

Thank you for the 4-star review and for complimenting us on our communication and we will work with our couriers to allow customers more time to view items before the courier leaves.

Many thanks for your review, regards Amanda at Oak City
"Good quality. Value for money. Excellent customer service."
"I purchased two dvd/cds units,they came very well packed and good quality and they look great in my living room,would definitely recommend and definitely use them again."
Oakcity is rated 4.33 based on 6 reviews