Newlenses.co.uk Reviews

NewLenses.co.uk.
PO Box 393
Broxbourne
EN11 1GU

Tell us how Newlenses.co.uk made you happy

"Very quick service, lovely glasses, will definitely be using again!"
J
"Ordered a pair of IWM Titanium rimless specs. Incredible quality especially considering the price of £49.99. Also, I have a tricky prescription and it was executed spot on. Waited exactly two weeks since the unusual prescription, but totally worth it. Thank you kindly and looking to order another pair! Love it"
"Very happy with my new bi-focal sunglasses in my old Calvin Klein frames. Newlenses pulled out all stops to have them ready for my holidays."
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I decided to have my (spare) specs re-glazed with my recent prescription online and the reason I picked New Lenses was due to the fact that their website looks very professional and the prescription page is very easy to fill in. I made sure I checked it at least 6 times before submitting! I waited just over a week for them (including the weekend) as they were varifocals but I couldn't be happier. I could tell - just by looking at them out of the packaging, that the lenses were high quality, very clear to look through with the added bonus they go DARKER than my previous lenses from a High Street opticians (one of the big two). They also block out harmful UV rays..the list is a mile long of the features I have on these lenses..for less money. I shall recommend New Lenses to Mum as I know she would benefit from the higher quality lenses, especially outdoors. I am so grateful and proud that the lenses are made right here in the UK. Thank you so much!"
"Fantastic, efficient service. Glasses were like brand new and new lenses wonderful. Will definitely use in the future, highly recommend!"
"Fast delivery, good quality of lenses thinner than expected and most important, reasonable price cheaper than high street retailers."
"I'm very pleased with every aspect of purchasing my new lenses with Newlenses.co.uk and would thoroughly recommend them. Never again will I get ripped off at an optician!"
"This is the third time I have used Newlenses.co.uk, and once again cannot fault the quality or price ,and Andy who was really helpful from sales ."
"Pathetic service. Be warned! Took double the length of time quoted over the phone to me. They lost my frames, and lied about being reasoning behind this, blaming the postal service. Not impressed. Everytime I contacted the company to find out information about where my frames were, they couldn't tell me anything, only what was on their 'screen'. I was not offered any compensation for the companies incompetence, despite talking to the director of the company himself. Miserable experience, grim customer service."
Hi George. Thank you for your review, however we do have to defend against statements which are untrue. We categorically did not lose your frames, Royal Mail had a 1 day delay in sending them to us. We do not lie to customers, it is not in anyone's interests to do so. We gave you continuous updates on the expected timeline for your glasses, and the reason why they were taking a bit longer than usual, due to the complex nature of the lenses you had chosen. We did not get any request for "compensation", but I hope you agree that the new lenses are excellent quality and value at £30. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with again in the future.
"Very unhappy with the customer care of this company! If you can refrain to use this company! I Placed my order for re/glazing my old frames. Order has been received on 16.4 and since then I call the company several times when to expect my orders because of Easter holidays. I have been told that all orders will be delivered within two weeks and most of them even earlier than that - apparently within week. My prescription (the cyl) is strong, so after Easter brake I called them again and ask if the order will be delivered to me by my planed holiday which is actually booked in two weeks (since Easter). The representative told me, that it will be definitely with me by that time. This week (a week after Easter) I called again where is my order and when it will be delivered. I have been told by very arrogant gentlemen, literally that the order will arrive when it will arrive. And that what I actually want... Some other representative of this company send me email and explain there, that it takes while to order my new lenses as the prescription is very strong and they need to manufacture it. So because they have not been able estimated delivery day I will need someone to drive me when I am going away, as I can not drive without my glasses! They totally mess up with my plans! What is the really sad about this experience, that there hasn't been used even once word sorry or apologies or even just simple try to accommodate my needs. Just strongly advice everyone stay away from this company if you need your glasses soon! And after this whole experience I wouldn't recommend it even as a long waiting solution for re-glazing."
Hi Lubomir, thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm extremely sorry that you felt you had a bad experience. Please allow us put our side of the story for completeness. As you know, you decided to change your order half way through to high index lenses with a blue tint and MAR coatings. The order change introduced a delay as we had already started on the lenses. Additionally, please be aware that a 50% blue tint together with high index lenses and coatings is a complex lens as there are many stages to the manufacture, so this takes 7-10 days approx., and we had the Easter break inbetween so the lab was closed for the long weekend. I do apologise that our customer service helpline gave inconsistent answers and we shall certainly be investigating this to ensure that doesn't happen again. Despite what you might think, we do truly strive to give the best customer service (and best products) and most of the time we achieve that, however sometimes things don't go quite as smoothly as it should. I'm genuinely sorry again that you aren't happy, do please get in touch if there is anything we can do to help you in the future. Kind regards, Adam
"Very impressed with the service and love my new glasses. the whole process was quick, easy and the glasses are great value. will definitely use them again."
"Very helpful staff. They sorted a problem over delivery to their factory and kept me informed. Good service, but took more prompting on my part than I would have expected. Overall, the result was excellent. The timing thing was probably a one off."
"Order n. #300000414 - Glasses are ok and shipped very fast. The lenses have been assembled correctly and without scratches. -1 star because, perhaps, international shipping should use a tracking service. I waited about 10 days without knowing where the package was. However, the store was willing to send another pair of glasses if they didn't arrive. Replies to emails were not very fast, but still acceptable, within 48 hours."
"A Tad difficult to get hold of via sales e-mail to get a repeat prescription, but once I tried the support e-mail all went fab, got my repeat prescription in only a few days. Great value and great glasses"
"Very quick delivery. I ordered 2 pairs same frames but with different coatings, but there was nothing in the cases to say which were which. Hence 4 stars."
"Sent 'old lenses and frame' via post - within 10 days got new lenses, made and fitted and delivered. Have had 4 lens changes done and always good service and product."
"Excellent service plus good quality at a very good price."
"Delivered as promised - old glasses made new for a fraction of the cost of the highstreet robbers! Thanks"
"excellent service and good value for money, will definitely recommend"
"I sent my frames off to Newlenses using a tracked postal service. Fortunately, I'm glad I did as the tracking revealed they tried to deliver but no one available to sign for them. After scrolling through the terms and conditions of Newlenses, I found in very small print, a contact telephone number. I phoned and was told due to staff sickness on that day, no one was available to receive my frames. However, they did go out of their way to retrieve them from the local post office and assured me I would have them sent back very soon fitted with my lenses. Sure enough, they arrived promptly and in a nice new glasses case which I didn't have before. The lenses are perfect and included a new set of nose bridge plates with a cleaning cloth. Very pleased with the price and quality. Just wish their contact telephone number was more easily displayed."
"Did all that was needed in a timely way and the outcome was all I expected."
"Ordered 3 pairs of tinted lenses (Reglaze). Firstly i noticed that the tints weren't as expected (On one i ordered a 'Lightest' Yellow tint for computer work which turned out basically the same colour as canary melons..... far, far too dark). Secondly, and dangerously, i ordered and paid for anti-reflective and UV protection coatings on all three glasses... Not one of these lenses received any coatings... which is actually quite dangerous with dark tinted lenses or sunglasses as the pupil dilates and allows in more UV light, which must be filtered or risk serious eye damage now and in future. As of now i'm in contact with NewLenses customer care which is proving to be stressful, dismissive and anxiety provoking. Consider the two stars for good delivery and speedy service. Yet, not a good experience at all and a birthday present delayed at least, ruined at most. I'm holding out hope that NewLenses can regain my broken trust."
"used for the first time the turnaround was quick. This time a lot slower. However it does what it says on the package so this time good not very good"
"Good communication. However glasses were returned with arms loose so they now slide down my nose. They were a perfect fit before I sent them off so I now have to get them tightened potentially at additional cost."
Newlenses.co.uk is rated 4.73 based on 807 reviews