NCASS Training Reviews

of reviewers recommend NCASS Training
Read NCASS Training Reviews

Tell us how NCASS Training made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
The actual training is OK, but try emailing anyone here and all emails are blocked. The certificates issued look amateurish and the photos so distorted (even when sent to their specifications) that I swing between laughing and being pretty annoyed (as I will not put this certificate up with such a poor photo). So - training OK, follow up certificate - go elsewhere if that's what you need.
The actual course covered everything very well - just what I was looking for. BUT at the end it said "certificate processing" but nothing happened. And I thought that "Course Notes" would give me a summary of main points but screen went blank. If I could access course notes and get a certificate would get 5 stars.
Slides get stuck too often and the course needs proof reading as some sections of the course mini tests dont read correctly and sections of the actual test are poorly and incorrectly worded.
I found the slide presentation very clunky, it did not give the option to move on when you had read the information and subsequently was much more time consuming than necessary.
The course was described as 11 to 12 hours. This was completed by me in about 15 hours over the course of a couple of weeks. The woman narrating the course has a very annoying tone. I can read the content quicker than her speaking it and this leads to much frustration as I have to wait for her to "catch up" before I can press the "proceed" button. A lot of the time I've found I've had to log out and back in again as the content was stuck on one slide, this happens a lot with every module on the course. Course doesn't work well on an iPad either. How do I access my certificate????
The course itself was very detailed and I learnt a lot, however everytime I finished a module it would crash meaning I had to start the module again, it was infuriating!! For the amount of money I paid I would expect the site to work properly.
OK content; however, there are so many spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors that it is distracting, in both the content and the test.
The course covers a lot of material and is generally clearly presented, albeit not in a terribly engaging manner. Some elements though are not so well structured and leap around a bit which can be confusing. I also think there were a couple of areas where it could have given more of an explanation rather than just presenting something which didn't seem to make much sense. It has left me with questions. You'll also find a number of typos and a couple of contradictions where the voice over says completely the opposite to the slide eg complete and incomplete - which is it? Otherwise, fine - does what it says on the tin!
Takes far to long for each slide to move to the next. I’m not the fastest reader but I was constantly waiting for the next slide which seemed to take forever. There should be an audio option so it is read out to the person doing the corse. We have a fairly new iMac but the screen froze a few times and the button to unfreeze it didn’t work most of the time, so I had to log out and back it to get it started again. There should also be a direct link on the online training to access the training corse you are doing. I got half way though the corse one day and struggled the next day to load up the corse as I couldn’t find it.
A very informative course but sadly let down by several things. There is a great deal of repetition in the information, and although I understand it is to drum home the message, it actually makes for a monotone and monotonous experience. HPA no longer exists, it's called PHE Public Health England these days. I know because I work there. Ideally, there might be a brief set of revision notes because although I'm capable of making my own, with 14 hours and approximately 600 pages to take in, many people, particularly not native English speakers may well find the course difficult. Update: I received a call from NCASS to enquire about this review. I appreciate the call and hopefully gave a more detailed explanation for the score. Once the changes have been looked at and the course updated to reflect out of date information, I will happily review my score. The lady I spoke to was very understanding, but at present, I feel my review justified. One thing I didn't particularly like about the call was being asked if I would be interested in further purchases. This was not relevant to the subject of the call.
Some of the select questions wouldn’t allow me to select so the spaces ended up blank so it was an automatic fail on that question. Also I received 20 times questions after module 2 I presume this was meant for the end of module 8 as I was answering questions on topics I hadn’t answered.
Bit slow to explain everything, would be nice to skip the talking because it can be read faster than it being told to you.
good experience
Half one module didn't register as being completed and the speed of speech is slower than I read so frustrating to complete at your own pace.
Way too long for a 20 question test. I personally think it effected my score due to me forgetting most of what was said at the beginning but I’m happy I passed first time. Thanks NCASS.
Training was good but quite a few bugs in th website while completing the course. I went through the course and it got stuck on module 6 it let me carry on all the way through but when I went to complete the 20 questions at the end it took me back to module 6 again.
Boring boring boring. Thow in some situational training and then you'd be up there!
although comprehensive, the slow talking woman is one if the most irritating things about it
It's a slow process and need to have a bit more speed for those who read faster
The training itself is great, but the website is completly awful. All the time gets stuck between modules and need to re-read modules constantly becsuse it won't load further. The training that is given is great, but overall I am unhappy with the website. On a 3 hours training it takes extra 30minutes to get this done.
NCASS Training is rated 4.61 based on 1,986 reviews