MoneyMaxim Reviews

Suite 8, Market House
Market Place
Wokingham
RG40 1AP

Tell us how MoneyMaxim made you happy
Really difficult to obtain information and results were not straightforward
Andrew MacGregor Thank you for taking my telephone call. It was a real shame that you couldn't specifically recall the problems that you encountered as mentioned in your review. As we discussed, if you do recall these again at any time, then please feel free to call us and we would love the opportunity to look into this further. We do very much hope to be of further assistance to you in the future. Wishing you the very best for now. Kind regards, David David Neal Head of Customer Services Moneymaxim 01183 218197 option 3
The website was fine but when I went through to the insurer carhirexcess.con the online payment function was not working and when I phoned through the price offered was much higher. As a result I went to Holidayextras and got a great deal at the original cost.
How frustrating - this should not have happened. As with many companies at present, Carhireexcess have had occasional issues as the world moves to stricter payment protocols for card payments including 3DS (where a code is sent to your phone so your payment can be processed). However even if any issues occur they can 'set' any payment as a Moneymaxim introduction, and therefore get you the discounted price our users qualify for. Carhireexcess have asked us to apologise to you for the inconvenience you suffered - and are ensuring that all their team are fully aware of the correct procedure to follow. Fortunately, this is a very very rare occurrence - and therefore very unlikely to repeat itself, but if you did face another such incident please do let us know at the time and we would have had it fixed in a jiffy.
Absolutely terrible fill in all your details then give you the wrong information then send you to another website to do it all over again Disaster
Dear Barry, Thank you for your review below. We are very disappointed to hear of your experience. We would really appreciate the opportunity to hear from you as to what actually happened when running your quote on our site, and then when clicking the buy now button, to Worldwide Insure. Not knowing your full requirements as such, I have tried to run a quote similar to yours, to see if I could replicate or identify any problems, but as yet, I haven’t been able to find anything. Can I ask you kindly, to give us a quick call here (at Moneymaxim) at your convenience, so that we can then try to replicate the points that you have kindly raised. We wouldn’t you or any of our customer’s to experience any problems on our site, but we will not be able to rectify anything, unless we can actually pin point the exact problem ourselves or unless somebody else brings this to our attention. We would really appreciate your assistance with this, and do very much hope to hear from you. Wishing you the very best for now. Kind regards, David David Neal Head of Customer Services
When I got through to accepting the various terms the system wouldn’t let me tick them so I was unable to proceed with the purchase.
Hi and thanks for the feedback We can see that you ran the quote on our site fine, and then clicked out to the Insurer Big Blue - where we assume the issue occurred. We have tried to replicate the issue you faced but it all seemed to work fine when we tried it. Possibly there was a momentary connectivity issue when you tried it, but we have written to you to offer our assistance and hope you managed to find a suitable alternative policy. If you ever face a similar issue again please do not hesitate to call us during office hours, or use our online chat facility and we will be delighted to sort out the problem.
Took payment for a policy that I never received.
Anonymous Please feel free to contact us with immediately and we will happily look into this for you. The first thing I would suggest when you purchase a policy online is to always check your junk mail, trash, spam filters, just in case it popped in there. If not, by contacting the insurer, they will be able to check from there end, the application you would have completed on their site, the purchase and also to do a trace on your payment. Again, very happy to assist you with this. David Neal Head of Customer Services
It simply does nothing but harvest my data with absolutely no security or privacy - a very poor service.
Hi, Thanks for your review - and we have tried to contact you to understand your comments. We are confused by them as we are passionate about protecting our users data, use the latest online security methods, and provide what 98% of users say is a service that they would use again and recommend to their friends. We would love therefore to understand the story behind your comments. Hopefully we can speak shortly, Mark Bower Managing Director
Got a quote but was not able to purchase, when clicking the button it done nothing. Just as useless at the hire company that took the money and then told me there was no availability.
Hi and thanks for your review. We cannot understand this - as we tested and retested your quote and it all worked fine. We can, as we noted in the email we sent to you offering help, only surmise that it was either a momentary issue on the insurers site, or an internet connectivity issue. We are sorry that you were frustrated on this occasion - but please do try again in the future - we are certain it will work perfectly next time.
I bought a zero excess insurance and the had to pay 75 excess as the country was a class 3 country (which was buried in the policy document but not during the sales process.) I feel mislead - it would have been cheaper and easier to buy the insurance offered by the car rental company.
Hi Elaine, Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Whilst most polices do not have have an excess there are a few that do - normally to keep the cost of the policy down where claims are found to be higher than normal and unfortunately this was the case bearing in mind your country of residence. We do state this in the details section of each policy together with all the other benefits and limitations that apply. Obviously you missed this - and we have written to you to see if you can think how we can display this better. We also understand your point though that for short hires that the excess protection offered by the hire company could be cheaper having taken the excess payable – although that may have restrictions too – however as we do not have the details of a user’s particular rental arrangements it would be impossible for us to assess the pros and cons fully. To help those who think this might be an issue our sister company, Clarify Car Hire, offer no excess car hire, using the policies delivered directly from the rental firms, often at a discounted rate – if you run a quote through them, using the filter to specify that you want a no excess deal you will be able to compare the overall cost to using a standalone excess policy I am sorry that you have not found the experience as a positive as you - or we would have wished - but we do welcome any ideas you might have as to how we can improve the situation. Mark Bower Managing Director
Went through entering details. And payment went through,but no confirmation.
Hi Csaba Thanks for your review. As explained in my email the issue appears to be on the site of the company you tried to buy your policy from rather than our service. We have sent you on the contact details of the company you used and also suggested other ways you can check if the payment went through or not. We have also offered further assistance if you are still facing any issues, but as we have not heard back from you we can only assume that you have resolved the issue. It is extremely rare that our users have issues in purchasing policies, but the sad fact is that issues do occur when making payments online from time to time - if you do still need our help please do come back to us.
None of the advertised prices were available, so I would say it is just a false advertising site at best!
Hi and thanks for your review, After you left you comments we did send you details so you could find the the policy you requested at the price we quoted - but accept that the journey through the website you are passed to could be clearer. They are aware of the issue and we are hopeful that we will be able to drop our users directly into the policy they have selected, which would make it much easier. In the meantime we have the dilemma of whether or not we should show a policy which may meet your requirements just so we prevent some users getting lost along the way. We have decided that we should show as many policies as possible - but do understand your frustration in this instance. We are 100% certain that all prices are available though - its a promise we very much stand by!
Quote was £24.73 by the time I had got to the end it had jumped to £44.99 should be called Money scammer.com....but no doubt there will be some exceptional excuses as to why this happened but it does NOT say this on your page, I wonder why?
Hi Mr Rumsey, That price of £24.73 is 100% correct - and has been purchased by many users. Whilst the initial price of the insurance policy is, as you say £44.99, the price will reduce to £24.73 as there are two reductions which will come into force before you buy the policy. Firstly there is discount if you do not require to use you policy in the country you reside in (which you told us you didn't) and another one for choosing the £250 excess highlighted in the policy description. We did email you and provided a series of screenshots to explain this - and would be delighted to assist you either by email or over the phone, but we totally stand by the price quoted and its availability.
I don't like being sent emails from companies I don't want, please don't hassle me again and remove my data from your database thank you.
Just for reassurance the only emails we send, unless someone has explicitly signed up to our newsletter, are details of the quotation requested and potentially a review request. Other than that users will never hear from us again unless they want to. We do try to make it as clear as possible when we say during the quote process that: We only use this information to: Email you a copy of your results. Let your chosen insurer pre-fill your application. Insurers can't use any data supplied for any other purpose, including marketing. Follow up on any servicing queries and request your feedback regarding the services provided Reviews are really important to us - as they help us both improve our service and fix issues users are having - as a result of feedback we have added a new filter this month to help those wanting a policy which covers them even if FCO advises against travel, and in the past 24 hours have resolved two problems users had encountered in either understanding their results or issues with insurers. There is also a benefit in us retaining quote details - today for instance we have been able to assist a user currently on holiday who has mislaid their policy and needs to urgently talk to their insurer. Through the quote details we have been able to help them, without retaining that information we cannot. Nevertheless we are also very happy to remove users details if they wish us to (which we have here) - or to help users to run a quote without using their details at all - just give us a call and we will assist over the phone.
Extremely poor - in fact zero - customer service available.
Thank you for your review, We have emailed you directly with regards to your feedback and would be happy to talk further with you, in relation to your experience with MoneyMaxim and the customer service that is available with us. I look forward to hearing from you, and assisting with any future car hire or insurance requirements you may have! Ross Customer Service Specialist
You asked for residential address details then recommended Chew Insurance. I chose your recommendation and completed the transaction. Only when I read the detailed policy wording did I find that policyholders nust be a UK resident. I therefore had to cancel the insurance and look elsewhere, not on your site. A complete waste of time.
Hi Geoffrey, Thank you for your review – which allowed us to look at the policies we displayed when you ran your quotes with us. As discussed in our subsequent correspondence it appears the confusion occurred as one of the quotes you ran was for a UK resident visiting Portugal rather than the other way round. This showed the CHEW policy because it would have covered that scenario. We have rechecked all the results we display and are pleased to confirm that all would have met covered the situation requested in the request made. Hopefully that at least explains the unfortunate situation you found yourself in, but we are pleased you have been able to cancel the policy and make alternative arrangements.
Very poor service.
Richard Potts Following on from your review, I've just sent you a personal email in the hope that we can pick up the phone to each other, to discuss your recent review. We would really appreciate the opportunity to find out exactly what this "Very Poor Service” was. For example, when purchasing the policy, dealing with the Excess Insurer directly, or making claim, etc.? By speaking to you, we will then do our very best to investigate this and help you further as well, if we can possibly can. We do really appreciate feedback, especially if will can then act on it in assisting our Customer at that time, or improving something for our wider Customer Audience either through our website or via our Insurance suppliers / associates. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience and I really do hope to get the opportunity to establish what this "Very Poor Service" actually relates to. Looking forward to speaking to you soon. Kind regards, David David Neal Head of Customer Services Moneymaxim Telephone Number 0800 520 0699 option 3
When we picked up the car we were told that the insurance we had taken was insufficient and had to pay another £225
Anonymous Having just checked your original searches on our site and assuming the fact that you are hiring your car in the country that you searched on, this should not be the case!!! I'm going to send you a personal email now and you are very welcome to contact me immediately. Please feel free to call me to discuss your car hire agreement with us, we will then explain to you exactly what to say to the Car Hire Company. By speaking to us, this will then assist you further when speaking to the Car Hire Company in question, and this should assist you in getting a full refund. We look forward to being of a further assistance to you. Kind regards David Neal Head of Customer Services 0800 520 0699 option 3 Or 0118 321 8197 option 3
the software didn't work
Wilfred Rees Thank you for your review below. I've asked our technical team here at Moneymaxim to look into the quotes that you have run via our site and we have identified the insurers that you kindly clicked out to from our site. From our internal investigations all appears to be working and we are are not aware of any problems that may have been encountered by the insurers you clicked through to at those times. I'm going to send you a personal email with my details on, where I hope that we then maybe able to arrange just a few minutes of your time over the telephone and this will hopefully assist us in clearly establishing the problems that you encountered. I do very much hope to hear from you and to be of an further assistance to you of course. Wishing you the very best for now. David Neal Head of Customer Services Telephone Number 0800 520 0699 option 3
System appeared good, but neither of the links to the sites I wanted to use (insurahirecar and questor) worked - I had to go into their sites separately. I couldn’t replicate insurahirecar quote, so have no comfort that your site accurate.
Hi Jeremy, Many thanks for your review - its really appreciated. We have identified the specific issue that caused you an issue - basically because the dates you requested were over 6 months in the future the company you visited do not allow policies to be bought so far ahead - and then sent you to a page which did not really help explain the situation. We have not only fixed this for the company you tried to use, but also have updated our system so we can offer those wanting to buy well into the future a reminder email when policies can be bought. I am really sorry for the inconvenience you faced, but thank you for your alert which has meant we can improve our service for all future users. Kind regards, Mark Bower Managing Director
Looked good at first but having got a list of quotes, no matter what offer I tried to follow up on, I immediately got a session timed out error from the target web site. Your web site is clearly not hooking up to the target web sites properly
Anonymous I've just sent you a personal email in the hope that we will then be able to contact you in order to investigate this further. Having looked at your quote internally, we can see you clicked out to one of the providers on our site. Have run your quote from this end and having checked as to whether there were any reported issues at the time of your quote, we haven't been able to find any issues at all in regards to this. Hopefully, by speaking to you, we can look into this further and we would really appreciate the opportunity to do so. The company that you were enquiring to, I'm very pleased to say, that their policy when being bought on our site is actually discounted when purchasing online from our site to theirs, so we would really like to help you to achieve this, if you haven't purchased already!!! If you are ever experiencing any problems when running a quote, then please feel free to contact us by our telephone (0800 520 0699 option 3). Our Customer Services Team, we will always be happy to run this type of quote for you over the telephone and this will also assist us in getting to the bottom immediately of any problems that you may be experiencing from your end. Thank you so much for your review, but we do very much hope to hear from you, so we can then re trace and hopefully establish, the problem you occurred. David Neal Head of Customer Services
Web site hung endlessly. Once I selected and paid for a product with leisure guard I received no notification. Troubleshooting through this website merely gave contact details for the provider. It took 18 waiting minutes to reach them by phone to chase for documents to be provided.
Mark, Thank you for your review, It does seem that this is more a review of your experience with Leisure Guard (your chosen excess insurance supplier) as opposed to your experience with MoneyMaxim and the service we provide, I have emailed you directly regarding this to hopefully discuss this further, and hear about your experience with us. We look forward to hearing from you, Ross Customer Service Specialist
MoneyMaxim is rated 4.74 based on 5,312 reviews