Lilley Tile and Stone Reviews

Oliver Budd
More Photos & Videos
Lilley Tile and Stone 5 star review on 18th December 2019
More Photos & Videos
Delivery is now over a week late
Postage was fast but was charged at double what they actually pay, I hold a DPD account and it does not cost 12 pounds a package ( smaller than a shoebox and as light as a bag of sugar). I checked out with my mobile phone so I did not see the full amount they charged until I checked my online banking. Felt some what a little cheated. I do not know if it's a deliberately hid but there needs to be a different rate for small items
Felt that there was profiteering going on here as told flat £12 delivery fee was only option. My very small item came by next day delivery which wasn’t at all necessary.
Unfortunately one bag of grout had split open but I believe this was done by delivery firm as they had taped up the box again? But grout everywhere as you can imagine!! So one bag no good
Web site a little difficult to use regarding schluter products. Also you were over £10 dearer on schluter kerdi board than tilefix so overall not the best experience
Sorry to hear that David. I will contact you privately so we can get a few more details on your website experience. Delivery charges are a set amount and not ammortised in our prices like our competitors so ultimately you pay a cheaper price.
Usually very good but last order only half of it turned up spoke to staff on the phone said they would sort it but I haven’t heard anything yet
Scott, apologies for the delay in responding to your review. Could you please let me know if this query is still outstanding? Our guys are normally pretty good on these things.
Immediately after placing an order for two products, I realised that I only need one, so I sent an email to the customer service to cancel one of the products. My request was ignored and I never got a response from them.
Stela,

Very sorry to hear that. Can you forward me the copy of the email and I will talk to our Sales guys straight away for you.

Ray
Lilley Web Support
Products ordered not yet received
Sean,

Can you please urgently confirm receipt of your goods? They are made to order but should have been with you by now!

The item arrived bent.
Keir,

could you please advise the store directly with photos of the damage and they will sort this out immediately for you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will speak to the courier concerning this.
Hi
I ordered 2 items but they were delivered on two different days even though I paid extra for delivery also the second item was delivered damaged the lid had burst causing the mapei primer to leak into packaging. Not happy
Andrew, extremely sorry to hear that. Could you please make sure a picture of the product is sent through to the store with your order number and I will make sure we take urgent action on this.

Andrew,

Just checked with store. Order was placed on 2 wkg day delivery Tuesday 23rd at 17:31pm and all goods were delivered within 2 wkg days albeit separately. We would still like to address the damaged delivery issue though so would be grateful for an image showing the damage so we can talk to our couriers and fix the issue.
Order despatched promptly however 5kg pack of grout arrived with bottom of bag split (see photos). A right pain to clear up and transfer grout to plastic container.
Peter,

We're really sorry to hear about this. I'll refer this straight back to the store just in case you haven't already so we can sort something out for you. We will also be having words with the courier. Could you please let me know your original order number so I can get onto it straight away? You can email me on ray@lilleytileandstone.co.uk

Apologies once again.

Ray

Customer Web Support
Your delivery cost is extortionate. The only reason i ordered from you was because i had to get a specialist colour grout knowone stocks.
James, I'm not sure what delivery you paid for, but as we explain on our website we do not amortize our carriage charges in the product price so the price you see for our standard carriage (£9.99) includes everything to do with delivery cost of packaging, documentation, actual cost of delivery etc. Also, on standard deliveries we charge no more than this, it is a fixed fee no matter how much you purchase. This does cause an issue when you are buying small quantities of grout/tools etc (Which we are currently looking at) but when you start buying pallets and larger quantities you will find we are still a lot cheaper than the competition. We do stock a lot of specialized product that our competitors do not, but we don't increase our carriage charge to penalize our customers.
Poor delivery service. Requested delivery before 2pm if possible which wasn't even passed on to the hauliers. Rang and asked Lilley Tile & Stone at 1pm where it was, they said they can't chase deliveries until 3pm and the hauliers deliver until 6pm. Who stays on site until 6pm!?! Driver rang at 3pm saying he'd be an hour, i had already left site so he suggested delivery the next day instead, first drop at 7.30 - 8am ish. Lilley Tile & Stone then ring me and say that way would cost an additional £60 which the drivers apparently don't tell you so can they go ahead with delivery today after all. Yes ok so I go back to site from 4pm until 6.30pm and no delivery arrives. Next day comes and the delivery finally arrives at 9.20am. Total waste of my time for about a £15 saving over buying in the local Jewson who deliver the next working day free of charge. Have used these in the past but doubt I will again now thanks to a shambles of a delivery.
Luke, we can only apologize again for the problems you encountered on this order. I am aware of this particular situation and we are reviewing our systems internally for possible improvements. As per your discussions with the store we have reimbursed you the cost of the 2 day delivery. And although the actual delivery was effectively only one day late, we still do not find this acceptable and appreciate the problems this can cause when planning jobs on site. In general, if the order is placed before midday on a working day, that day is considered day 1. So an order placed on Friday before 12 should have been with you by Tuesday.

Item missed from order.
David. We have just finished checking your order and it would appear a sealant applicator pad went missing whilst on route. After you informed us we shipped a new one straight away. The order was also delivered a day earlier than promised. We would be extremely grateful if you could re-review your comments based on this.

Lilley Tile and Stone Customer Support
very disappointed with the delivery,with parcel force,
One of the coloured grout bags arrived open with a great deal of it missing, it didn't even look torn, but cut, as if it had been cut across when opening a bag. Wrote to them to no avail. Won't be using them again.
Yaiza , we replied to you on 10th December via email requesting an image of the damaged product which we would have been happy to replace. Please check your junk email folder just in case. In the meantime please contact us directly if you still wish to persue replacement product.
Can't really comment as still have not received the items
I think we might need to amend our review request timing! I will amend our system but please feel free to update your review once your goods have been received. Many Thanks.
Haven't received my order yet!!
I have already made a comment against another customer review who also received the review request before their goods. We will be amending the review timing shortly.
The mastic was one year old and can only be kept for a further 6 months.
was very disappointed,with the delivery,after paid £9,put my works address,not only parcel wasn't delivered not even a card,just text telling me parcel was left at martlesham post office,had to waste 1and half hour in the morning to pick it up,very very disappointed.
Lilley Tile and Stone is rated 4.72 based on 903 reviews