Lilley Tile and Stone Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lilley Tile and Stone
Read Lilley Tile and Stone Reviews

stu@lilleytileandstone.co.uk

Pallet completely overweight. Lifter was bending from the very start. The older delivery man, struggled at one point I was gonna phone an ambulance! He phoned his boss for help? No chance. I’m not surprised he was sore, he’d to lift them off 1 box at a time and tossed them onto the grass. When my husband arrived home he carried the pavers in, 1 at a time. Resulting in him hurting his leg. We discovered 4 were broken, at £50 a square meter, this is no joke!!!! We’ve emailed u twice, no response! I shall be going thru PayPal to get a partial refund! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! 5th rate company!!!
Ordered edging strip and chose courier delivery, as needed fairly quickly. Items did not turn up on day they should have. Contacted Lilley and was told delivery could be up until 1830 that evening. You use Tufnells who, apparently don’t have parcel tracking. Items did not turn up. Next morning called again. Was told you would contact Tufnells and get back to me. I expressed my disappointment at paying £24 delivery and not being able to track the delivery. Waited almost 2 hours and still no call. Called back and was told you had emailed Tufnells and were waiting for a reply. Why couldn’t you call Tufnells? When I complained about this £24 service I was told you would reimburse for a standard delivery. Of course this hasn’t happened. Totally shocking way to treat customers. Although the product is first class, your customer service is third rate at best. I don’t suppose anything will come of this review and I really don’t expect it to. I will do what I always do when receiving poor service. I’ll take my money somewhere else.
I'm still waiting for my order 3 weeks later?
Absolutely appalling service, do yourself a big favour and spend your hard earned money with a business that deserves your custom, this one doesn't.
Bought some brass tile trim, once opened to find they were badly damaged scratched and bent, they wouldn’t replace and got fobbed off from them, they said they will send me some brass cleaner which never turned up
Shane, i'm sorry you didn't feel we served you well on this order. Due to the nature of our product we always ask that product is checked on receipt for any damage and give 48hrs to report damage. At the discretion of the store and with mitigating circumstances we can be flexible on this but your complaint was made 22 days after receipt which we felt was well beyond that. The nature of the brass trim you received means that there can be some variations in the straightness but this does straighten out during fitting even if damaged during transport or storage thereafter. As for the scratches, a brass cleaner was definately dispatched from our store to you. I'd be grateful if you could confirm receipt otherwise we would be happy to send out another free of charge. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further support.
I haven’t received the goods yet !!
Hi Graham,

Your delivery was placed on 24th October with a 3-5 wkg day delivery which at the absolute latest gives us until 31st October. I would hope you would receive them earlier but either way would be grateful if you could revise your review once you receive your order.

placed order on a standard delivery 3-5 days
on the 3 day received a call from delivery driver asking to confirm our post code as he was in London with our order and we stay in Scotland
phoned yourselves to find out why
was told that you would look into this and phone me back still waiting for the call
Andy, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. I have forwarded this comment onto our sales team. Could you please confirm if you have now received your delivery? Let me know on my direct email ray@lilleytileandstone.co.uk

Andy,

As previously confirmed our sales team did respond to your query the day you made it and your goods were delivered on time to yourself. We would be grateful if you could amend your review to reflect this.

Lilley Web Support
Well I’ve been asked to write a review with no idea of whether or when my order might arrive. Easy enough to order but then I received no less than 4 emails 3 of which were cancelling delivery. I emailed them to ask was happening but no response.

Basically it’s a cheek to ask me for a review before I even know what is happening. Perhaps this one star review will wake them up
Dave,

yes we do monitor our reviews :) . Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Emails were from DPD who had put your delivery on the wrong service, cancelled and then put on the correct service. DPD should now have confirmed a new tracking number with details of expected delivery. Review requests are sent out automatically after a period of time when we expect that you would have already received your goods so we're sorry if this made things worse. Please let us know if we can help any further on this. Store email is stu@lilleytileandstone.co.uk.

Ray,
Lilley Web Support
They split my delivery so half of it was late and had a tiler waiting.. i has to buy more from a local supplier and I am
now left with materials I have to return to L and S at my expense. Watch the delivery options.. not great and won’t use them again
Very sorry to hear about this. I am working with the team now to get the details and understand what went wrong. Can you please confirm when you received the deliveries? email me directly - ray@lilleytileandstone.co.uk with date and times and I oversee the complaint.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Lilley Web Support
Poor advice. Poor customer service.
We're sorry that our services did not meet your expectations. We would be grateful if you could contact us with any issues you had so we may address them directly. At this stage your post is anonymous and we do not know what advice or customer service you are referring to.

Lilley Web Support
Wish there was zero star rating. CON company! 'Glowing' reviews I imagine must be from their friends, not actual customers.

Placed order and paid almost £90 extra for delivery this morning - even rang them yesterday to check delivery still on schedule.

Waited in all morning and most of the afternoon - delivery never arrived. They did not give me tracking number - in desperation I rang round trying to find delivery company.

Tried calling and emailing them repeatedly - no answer or reply. Then their phone line was engaged - so they must have been there, just didn't care about me, a paying customer. No courtesy to call me with update.

Astonished! They were quick enough to take my money now 'disappeared' - they must be laughing all the way to the bank!

Order at your peril! I now have to start lengthy complaints procedure, contact my bank etc regarding refund.

Biggest sadness is I lose 3 days of bank holiday as I don't have product - not that they care!!!!
Kate, first of all I don't understand why you would think we are a con company. Things don't always go according to plan and although I am unaware of your particular complaint at the stage, I can also assure you that all reviews (Good and Bad) are posted here and they are from real people such as yourself. Most, it would appear have a good experience with us which is why a majority of our reviews speak for themselves. We pride ourselves in the support we give our customers, technical or otherwise and are always disappointed when we cannot meet your expectations. I will look into your situation personally and find out what went wrong. I do understand the anger in your review, especially when you have planned for something over the bank holiday which you could not achieve due to issues beyond your control, but i still find a majority of your review inaccurate. I will report back to you directly with my findings once we have worked out what went wrong.
Kate, I have just confirmed that your goods were despatched on time but the hauliers did not deliver as promised despite their reassurances. The store owner is working on this now for you and is fully aware of your situation. I apologise for the problems you have had on this order, and expect the matter to be resolved as a matter of urgency.
I was charged £35 postage for parcel force. When I received my item 6 days later I took it to the post office who told me parcel force could send it for £14.19 including £50 insurance.
Bryan, we did double check this and can confirm the cost is a lot more than £14.19 for us to ship from the store to your location which is not on the UK mainland. Should you have any further queries on this please do not hesitate to contact me on ray@lilleytileandstone.co.uk.

Lilley Web Support
Never received the parcel yet. I got a problem with my client
We ordered some chocolate coloured grout when it came it was the wrong colour. We returned it got a refund but no apology???? . I wouldn't recommend using them. Rubbish service.
Andy

Naturally we apologise for any incovenience caused due to any error on our part. I would however be extremely grateful if you could confirm your order number and email address that you used to place the order so i can investigate your complaint in more detail. The link/review you appear to have used for some reason doesn't correspond to an order that was placed on our system. I can then pursue the matter further. In the meantime once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Web Support
Iam in U.S so far my card has been over charged then deposited back in and not been charged for real total . Now I have not heard anything on my order . Don't know if I even have a order anymore. Will have my tiles from other company and no red grout. Web site is very poor as far as keeping up with your progress of your order.
We apologise for your experience in this case. The varying exchange rate caused an overcharge on the original order which was refunded immediately with your entire payment. We did inform you by email straight away of the problem, but please check your spam folder just in case the email did not come through. I will examine the way export/exchange rate orders are handled in the future and see what we can do to make the experience simpler. If you should require any further assistance or wish to re-order then please let us know by email and we will ensure that is goes through correctly. Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Wrong items delivered, ordered white but received grey? Paid for overnight delivery as needed materials for a job so had to use them. Not what my customer asked for but managed to persuade them to use.
Delivery was attempted but nobody was in (nobody rang to inform us of when delivery would be). My wife received a phone call to her that the order now has to be collected and the details would be sent to me by email (no card was left regarding order). I have received no email (checked spam, etc) and now have know way of contacting delivery company, I hope to receive a phone call from you given this review ASAP. Shockingly bad service, I cannot review products as I don't have them but will be sure to inform the social network community not to use Lilley Tile and Stone but hope to have to good news soon i.e. the stuff I ordered!
Nathan, we're very sorry that you've had a bad experience on this occasion. We continue to run tests with gmail/hotmail etc as spam filters and blocks can be over zealous at times. This is a constant battle with some companies due to the email traffic through our site but both gmail and hotmail currently remain clear for blocks. However, we are still running ongoing tests with gmail to ensure notification mails are received successfully. All orders placed via the website, and all new accounts, automatically send out a confirmation email, so if this is not received by the customer we will normally be notified, and contact the customer directly. Also customers who wish to interrogate their order status can login to the website and view their account/order details there.
Blue grout just washes off rubbish
Kay, we're sorry you've had an issue. Can you send us more details about the issue you have and we'll check it out straight away for you.
Everything was Peachy until yuo gave my name, contact details and purchase history to a third party. I don't know or care who reviews.co.uk are but please ensure they remove all my details from their server and that they never contact me again.
Thanks
Reviews.co.uk are a Google approved and vetted company who handle the reviews for the sales made against our website which is designed to give our customers and potential customers assurance that they are using a reputable company. The process is automatic and instigated directly from our website. We have a secure and specific account with them which links in all orders and guarantees real reviews and ensures full security of your information of which the only thing we store on their server is the email address, name and order number . This email address is effectively an extension of our own site and is not accessable by any other users and is not shared with ANY other company as per their privacy policy of which I have attached a link here http://www.reviews.co.uk/front/privacypolicy . We apologise if this process has caused you any concerns over your privacy but assure you that through our own website and reviews.co.uk your information is not and will NEVER be shared with any other business.
Lilley Tile and Stone is rated 4.72 based on 968 reviews