Lilley Tile and Stone Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lilley Tile and Stone
Read Lilley Tile and Stone Reviews

stu@lilleytileandstone.co.uk

After calling a lot of other tile suppliers I found the most helpful advice, politeness, knowledge & excellent customer service from you. Apologies for not remembering his name, mobile ends 1721! He sent me WhatsApp pics of alternative choices to think about as the bright coloured grout I really wanted wasn’t available in UK. I went with his alternative suggestion in the end. Excellent c.service really isn’t easy to find these days. Thank you. All the other tile shops could learn a thing or two from you 👍
transition strip arrived not very well protected in plastic wrapper and was badly scratched about 300mm at end,lucky I did not require the full length so it was not a problem this time,otherwise all ok.
Sam,

Thanks for your comments and apologies for the problem you had with your delivery. I have passed this information onto our dispatch guys for review.

Ray
Lilley Web Support
Prompt delivery, but transport costs seem to high
Nigel, firstly many thanks for taking the time to do a review. Unlike our competitors we do not increase product prices to hide, (Amortise) the cost of carriage, packing and insurance. This makes our product prices extremely competitive, but for lower value orders we understand that this can seem quite expensive, although on most occasions we will still work out cheaper.
Required Brass Tile edging found it easily as described. Tried to buy but could not get to check out. When I did, I was being charged for 6 and couldn't edit order. Gave up even with conversation with salesman. Could not get back to brass edging via Tilley Web site but did succeed via Safari. Was able to buy 4th time round with excellent help from staff and rapid delivery. Thought the Web site very clunky.
Keith,

sorry you had a less than ideal experience on our site! If it's ok i'll contact you directly to see how we can improve in the future.

Ray

Lilley Web Support
The amount of packaging around the two small products I bought was ridiculous. Two binbags of polystyrene chips are now going Into landfill.
Item delivered was not up to the standard expected: when collection arranged, item was not picked up and had to be re-arranged. Office staff, however, as helpful as they could be in the circumstances.
I like your products , but when I use other suppliers I would go with them first because their prices are similar to yours but they don't charge £9.99 delivery Thanks
You actually did not make me happy. First of all I had to register to make a purchase. I do not like manipulation. Next, when I received the product, it was bashed open despite packaging. I wrote to you about it and received no answer. I do not think you genuinely interested what I think, but I haver graded you as acceptable because, sadly, this is common quality of service online.
Peter, firstly we are sorry that you did not have a great experience with us on this occasion. Online registration is the way our site has worked for many years as originally it was a requirement by one of our suppliers. It is not our intention to manipulate customers, its just a way of storing your details so we can update you on your order. It also allows you to login and check your order status and history so you can print VAT invoices etc. Also, as our customer base was originally trade it allowed, and still does allow storage of multiple delivery addresses. This required an account. This has obviously changed in the last few years as we now sell to a wide variety of customers, and understanding this we have a new site coming out shortly which will allow guest checkout (No account required, free or otherwise) We also do not see damaged goods as acceptable. Deliveries leave our store in pristine condition and are boxed to protect the product as much as we can. Unfortunately on a few occasions, deliveries can be damaged in transit. All we ask is that should this ever happen you take a photo and email it to us with your issues. We will rectify the issue as quick as we can. I would request that you email me on ray@lilleytileandstone.co.uk with a copy of your last email and I will look into this immediately for you, and find out why you have not received a response. Finally, we are extremely interested in your issues and are very open about it. Which is why we use review sites so your comments, good or bad can be heard, so we can learn and improve our services. I hope this answers some of your comments. In the meantime please forward me details of your letter/email.

Ray Cannon
Lilley Web Support
Only recived one of three orders
Price competitive and order arrived very promptly. However, aside from a payment receipt from Paypal, we received no other confirmation that the order had been processed and despatched, and certainly no indication of the day it was due to arrive. Given that this was a whole pallet delivery that had to be signed for, this was far from ideal. The first indication that we had it was being delivered was when the courier phoned me on my mobile at work to say he was outside the house with a pallet full of goods. My husband was also out - fortunately a neighbour was in and kindly signed for it for us. It was not the best packed pallet we have received in the course of our building work. Given that it had to be left outside in the rain until my husband could get home, the plastic wrapping was not as sturdy as it might have been, especially for a pallet full of water sensitive materials in paper bags. Two of the bags of Elastorapid were found to be torn through both layers when my husband unloaded the pallet into the house and had to be handled with great care to avoid spillage. It seems strange that it was possible to send this request for a review a day before the delivery and yet no mention could be made of the fact that the order had been despatched and was due the next day!
Donna,
We apologise that the packaging was not to an acceptable standard and are investigating with Mapei now. On this occasion we had ordered the goods directly from Mapei to be delivered to yourselves as our available stock at that time was lower than your order quantity, so we did not see the condition before it reached you. This is not an excuse however, and it is still our responsibility to resolve so we are talking to Mapei now about what went wrong in this case. Please note that any deliveries received damaged will be replaced as a matter of urgency but we do need a photo of the damage to support our case with the courier. We also need you to contact us directly upon receipt of your delivery, should you have a problem with your order so we can correct any issues you may have as soon as possible and keep your inconvenience down to a minimum.
Reference communication of shipment: I am checking this through our system now to find out why you didn't received the shipment email. It would be extremely helpful if you could check your spam folder just in case it got caught in there and email ray@lilleytileandstone.co.uk if you do find it. Sometimes spam filters don't like automated emails and they block them. Once again our apologies for your experience on this particular order.
I've paid £35 for a next day delivery, which did not arrive next day, the reason being that on your website is not specified during the checkout the cut-off time for this type of orders. More transparency would be much appreciated in the future.
We apologise that you did not receive your goods when you needed them. There is a notice in checkout which warns of a 12 midday cut off time. This is listed under "Important Delivery Information" . However, we will review it's positioning on our up-coming system update to try and make it more noticeable.
Unfortunately the delivery came a day early and not as per the details received. You said "your order number 11090 has now been shipped. Your tracking information is: 10th Feb Delivery 8am-6pm and can be tracked shortly". Somebody was in but not capable of getting the stuff into the dry. 6 bags of latex got damp and two quite wet. They were outside for an hour between delivery and me rushing home to recover them. The person at home (70 yr old lady) did manage to put some polythene over the top as the packaging was not going to be enough to keep a down pour off. I never received a text or phone call before delivery - which the paper work the delivery driver left clearly had typed on it to do and listed my number. I think the courier has let you down by delivering a day early.
Wrong tiles were sent the first time but the correct tiles arrived the next day. The tiles were as expected.
We're a bit confused as we don't supply tiles through our online store at this time. Could you please recheck your Lilley Tile and Stone order and the review. Many Thanks.
Good price and dispatch time. Shame they sent the parcel to the invoice address not the delivery address. This may have been a problem with their interface with Paypal though.
Fantastic product at a reasonable price. In the other hand the delivery charge of £10 is a bit excessive for the poor service that Parcelforce has given to us. They don't give any time span for the delivery. We end up driving 25 miles and collecting the parcel from their depot after two weeks since the purchase took place.
Only issue was delivery charges. £10 deliver on a £40 order. Come on!
It would be very helpful if you would have an option on your website where you could put the customer's details. As in my case after I've placed the last order and I've put the name of our customer on the order, we are receiving emails with his name on our server instead of our company name. Also I wasn't able to change the details on the order once I've place it on your system.
The 20kg bag of Mapei Marble and Stone adhesive had been secured at one corner with staples and sealing tape, suggesting that the bag had been burst then resealed before dispatch. It will be some weeks before I am able to use this product because the tiles I have ordered elsewhere are currently out of stock. The contents feel fine just now but I will monitor their condition closely and report any deterioration that may occur while I am waiting for the tiles to be delivered.
Thanks for your comments George. Mapei Bags of adhesive have a folded seal on the base of the bag ...as an extra precaution to make sure that the purchase arrives safely we put a staple through the flap and seal so that nothing is spilt in transit. The product is brand new and can be used up to 12 months from the manufacturing date on the side of the bag.
Lilley Tile and Stone is rated 4.72 based on 728 reviews