Keengardener Reviews

Keengardener 5 star review on 12th May 2021
W Dagger
Keengardener 5 star review on 11th May 2021
K Knight
The construction of the shed is flimsy. The delivery is frustrating.
Order was fulfilled but box not strapped up properly and hopefully nothing is missing.
Order two things . Website said it would be 7 to 10 days , after two weeks rang them up . Told me was waiting on one part off the order . Three and half weeks later I received.both items . No communication from them . It was a tool £700 . Which luckily I didn’t need at the time . Just aswell as I couldn’t off bought another one ..
I did not complete my order and for some reason the website completed the order and debited my card this is a bit worrying as to what happened. i only realised this when the item i was going to order turned up at my door not good as i did not have an email confirmation of the order. I only found out when half a tonne of concrete turned up on my drive
The heater is great and has heated my small green house My only concern is, that the fule tank I have, is faulty and is not sealed air tight at the top when I filled up it leaked every where I will be returning this item
ordering and delivery were good but the product itself wa a nightmare to construct and 2 weeks after delivery its still in not finished
Instructions are not very clear and very flimsy to build.
Flimsy plastic shed difficult to erect and there was a large bolt missing.
Ordered a Palram 8x6" Resin Shed, arrived promptly. However, when we came to build the shed, one of the main parts for the door were missing. I couldn't leave the shed unbuilt and built it up to that stage. I contact Keengardener to advise of the problem and expected the part to be shipped on the Monday. It took a whole week to locate the part at Palram, and was advised they do not do Saturday deliveries. I chased again, and was told it has definitely been despatched and would be delivered within 24-48 hours. So I am now still waiting on this delivery and have requested the courier/tracking details so I can chase it up myself (will await the reply from KG). If the missing part was sorted straight away and delivered the following day I would highly recommend KG, if my issue can be resolved by 13th April then I will still be a happy customer, if not then I would not recommend.
My hosepipe from Keen gardener was very poor quality. It severely kinked straight away and after 3 days I stopped using it and threw it away. Wouldn't recommend.
Ordered items shown as in stock, had to wait 16 days for delivery but was contacted by phone to be informed of the delay and confirm I was happy with that. Items arrived via courier not on a pallet as per order confirmation, as a result the heavy fence panels had sustained damage on the corners. Informed company and they apologised !!.
Quality of product poor many of thin parts broken Main problem one of gas strut mountings damaged so could not be used needs replacing
The item received was described as a repair connector for a Karcher pressure washer hose, but it wasn’t. It was just a standard garden hose connector.
I purchased a hose reel and, from the description, I thought it included the hose but it did not and I consider that misleading.
Product not very well made and broke first time it was used.
We are unsure of the accuracy of your review and whether this was intended for ourselves, looking up your order number it shows an order for a Kamado Joe - Classic Joe III - Ceramic Barbecue with Cart which is still pending and has not been despatched to you as we have still not received payment for your order based on your chosen payment method. If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The experience has been fought with issues from beginning to end. The website only half took my payment, yet keen gardener issues me an invoice, even though there was never going to be a delivery of a green house. The customers services were friendly but ineffective,and actually lied about a price increase in the green house, encouraging me to place my order now or I would be charged more. the greenhouse is still listed at the price I paid, The green house took way more than the 7 days stated on the website. The delivery company, partially delivered the greenhouse and then contacted me at 9:00 am the next day, when I was at work, telling me that they would be delivering between 7 am and 6 pm that day, and giving me no option to change the delivery time. So the frame was left in a box on my drive way. On unpacking the green house many of the plastic components were broken. Only upside is that the green house or the part that I have been able to construct so far seems to be good.
Nightmare so far, cant speak about the quality yet....Ordered easy enough but wrong kit turned up which happens, annoying but one of those things. I was told the correct kit would be dropped off and replacement delivered a few days later....no, picked up alright but no replacement. I then had to call to find out where the correct item was (no courtesy call, had to find out myself). Was told not in stock and expected sometime this week. Its supposed to be delivered Monday 13th, we will see. 3..... weeks and counting In no way reflection of product itself as I still have not seen it! SO hope wait is worth it.........
The delivery date was changed on the morning of the delivery, which did affect our working week.
The wooden recycling storage box is very sturdily made and of good quality timber. However, when ordering the item, I was asked to enter details of where to put it should there be no-one at home so I did this and was therefore expecting delivery within 4-7 working days, as mentioned in the order confirmation. What I was not expecting was for anyone to be trying to telephone me to arrange a delivery time and day, as this was not mentioned on the order page (it just states that the item is normally delivered by the supplier within 4-7 working days) and so after 12 days I rang to find out if my order was being processed, to be told that someone had tried to ring me to arrange the delivery. I did have an unrecognised number on my phone, but in these days of nuisance calls I do not answer numbers I'm not familiar with and also, I was not expecting anyone to be calling to arrange for the box to be delivered, as I had already given details of where to put the item, and no message had been left so I had no idea who had rung. The Keengardener assistant told me she would contact the delivery team to ask them to ring me to sort this out. A gentleman then rang to explain that because the delivery team had not been able to contact me (I had only had the one missed call from a mobile number with no message), the item had had to go to the 'depot' for a 'palette delivery'. He then gave me a telephone number for me to ring to arrange delivery by the courier company, so I rang the courier company, who advised me that they too had also tried to contact me (there had been a call from an STD coded number that I had not been able to answer, but once again no message was left as to who was ringing or why and of course I had not been expecting a call anyway). The lady booked me in for two days time and the box was delivered on a palette, with all the component parts of the recycling storage box laid on it and covered in polythene, though not fully, so the rain had soaked some of the timber. When I ordered the item I had expected it to be delivered flat packed within 4-7 working days and left behind the garage, as per the special instruction that was requested by the website, but did not at any time expect that anyone would be trying to ring me to arrange the delivery. Just a suggestion, but perhaps for ease of future deliveries to other customers, it would be best if the Keengardener delivery drivers left messages when ringing so that the customers would know who had rung and why, in order to make the arrangements, thus avoiding the need for the item to have to go to a separate depot and other drivers then having to make more phone calls to arrange delivery? Thank you.
The greenhouse heater work fine but even on a setting of 0.5 the 13kg propane gas bottle only lasted 1 week. At £29.99 a go that’s expensive heating, and it wasn’t particularly cold outside either. Upon set-up I set the temp dial at 0.5 and it turned off at a greenhouse temperature of 54.6 degrees. Got another gas bottle now and setting it at zero to see what happens. Just to confirm, the heater was set at 300mm above floor level and the temperature probe set at shelf level.
Keengardener is rated 4.76 based on 4,445 reviews