Jackson Woodturners Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Jackson Woodturners

enquiries@jacksonwoodturners.co.uk

Rutland Road, Corner of Rutland Street

How would you rate Jackson Woodturners ?

"Delivered quickly but they sent faulty products. No answer from customer service, just an answer machine which they seem to switch on before the office actually closes. Who knows how long I'll have to wait to get replacement parts now. A day off work wasted. Unhappy"
"If an item is not held in stock then it should say so on the website along with an estimate of how long it takes Jackson Woodburners to receive the item and then deliver it. This would help when customers are planning delivery date & time and arranging workmen to fit the item."
Mike Heyes
Verified Buyer
"Not got them yet, still waiting"
Robert Dipple
Verified Buyer
"Order correct and delivered on time. Only disappointment came when unpacking, wood arrived really well packaged so unable to check for damage whilst impatient delivery driver waited! On un packing several pieces were dented, no corresponding dents in packaging so can only assume it was dispatched like that. Disappointing as stair parts are really visible ."
Gary Burge
Verified Buyer
"I have just recently bought some white painted base rail and handrail with infills plus 30 stopped chamfered spindles at 32 mm x 32 mm which we were hoping to use on a customers job as we didnt have time to machine them ourselves. Unfortunately when the boxes were unwrapped it was clear that the handrail and baserail i had ordered to be white was in fact cream, and the infills that came with each were proud of the groove in the rail itself they were also different thicknesses and widths and none of them were remotely tight in the groove. the handrails, baserail and spindles there selves also had a lot of machined break out on, which had just been sprayed over with no attempt to sand out the offending patches.Needless to say when it was all together it was shocking, and it looked as though our apprentice had done the machining and having no clue as to what any machine did. Not Happy. I have ordered oak handrail and base rail before and have had to sand every length to ensure i get the finish i require and my customers expect, i will think twice about ordering anything from you again."
Hello Gary,

We are very sorry to here that you were not happy with our products. If you had contacted us, we would have been happy to exchange anything that you were unhappy with.

We do find it strange that you did install the parts, that you knowingly thought were sub-standard, without contacting us to report these issue? As our product listings state, our White Primed products are in fact primed only and designed to be painted over by our customers.

As a company, we pride ourselves on being an honest and approachable, with the best quality products. If any customer feels that our products are sub-standard, we will happily replace them.

Regards

Tha Jackson Woodturners Team
Maurice Bowler
Verified Buyer
"Jackson Woodturners are very good, material/items absolutely fine, bit dusty obviously on the shelf a while, but no problem, but you were let down by delivery. As I paid for delivery on Tuesday, with my wife staying in all day, I was very annoyed that delivery didn't take place until the Wednesday without any contact on the Tuesday to inform of the delay, and without any explanation on delivery."
Steven Houghton
Verified Buyer
"Good products (4 newel caps) that fit well onto my posts. No issue with the product but £15 delivery for 4 small squares of wood is steep."
Micahla Jackson-Smith
Verified Buyer
"We ordered hemlock bannister parts for stairs and landing - came to just over £400. Price was good but wasn't impressed with the service. As when I enquired if the delivery driver could ring ahead their response email merely repeated the first email and stating delivery could be anytime between 8am - 6pm. They literally repeated it word for word and then added I could pay more money for a smaller delivery slot! I found the tone of their email unfriendly and unreasonable given many fit deliver for free when you order over a certain amount and give you a courtesy call before delivery. The hemlock was OK but I wish they would have said that it's veneered. We ordered stop chamfered newel posts and the cut of the design cuts through the veneer. Not impressed also the handrail is joined - I assumed (possibly wrongly) that it would be one piece of wood. would I recommend this company - depends on the house, if you just want something to do the job and your not that fussy about the quality of service then they're fine."
Malcolm Ayling
Verified Buyer
"I had to use the company because they were the only company I could find that sold the product I wanted. however I did so reluctantly because of their extortionate postage rates, I was charged £18 including vat for postage for an item weighing 500 grams. post office rates for up to 1kg are £3.85. I needed the product and they had it, and I knew what their postage charge are, but I still feel ripped off."
Ivan Yotov
Verified Buyer
"Excellent products and service, but to pay £18 delivery change for a £49 products it is a rip-off. I've even tried to ask them only to pack, so my courier will collect NOT POSSIBLE was told. Will I shop again may be yes if the delivery issue is sorted... IGY"
Deborah Britton-Twort
Verified Buyer
"The products seem excellent, but are as yet unfitted. The advice my husband got was great. The delivery service totally let it down! Paid for 8-12pm delivery, was around 3pm which totally messed up my other plans for the day!"
Gregor McDonald
Verified Buyer
"Very happy with the service you provided . Material arrived earlier than I thought , well packaged , so no damages and the price was good , keep up the good work , many thanks Gregor McDonald, Glasgow"
Ben Robinson
Verified Buyer
"Very disappointing and very poor experience with Jackson wood turners. Order wasn't delivered when suppose to be. Waiting in all day for no reason. Customer service team was very unhelpful and very rude when I spoke to them about my order. Spoke to me as if I was stupid. They didn't even seem bothered my order didn't arrive when it was meant to. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone who want a overall good service."
Anthony Wood
Verified Buyer
"Although the item turned up very quickly, it was damaged. I contacted them by email within moments of it arriving to inform them and I have not even had an acknowledgement. This was 3 days ago. Very disappointed"
Martyn Booth
Verified Buyer
"the stair part i ordered were all delivered in a fast time which was nice and the were all there which was a bonus, the fixing where a waste of time as you carnt get a 13mm spanner into a 25mm to tighten the nut its just impossible, i wasted a day trying to use those rubbish fixings (would be better if you hadn't provided them to be honest.) bought some zip bolt fixings that worked 1000% easier, None of the part really fit together, i did a lot of blending and sanding, as one part was wider than the next. The base rail infil fits very poorly ( gappy) some of it was too thick. they rounded all the corners over on all the spindles which means that there is now loads of holes around each corner where it goes in base rail not sure what to do with that. their base rail had 41mm groove but the spindles where 42mm, now that just silly i had to sand each one with a belt sander to get them to fit ! i personally won't be using them again"
Hari Bains
Verified Buyer
"Was nitially told that my order could not be delivered for atleast a week as the spindles would take sometime to get in. The lady on the phone was most unhelpful and refused to split the order or to get those items in stock to me first. So I took various items out and placed the order with another supplier. The spindles arrived within a few days - so you lost a significant amount of the order! Received damaged items, phoned straight away and was asked to email photographs; did so immediately and no response at all, so far."
Tony Pestana Builders Limited
Verified Buyer
"placed order on Tuesday for Thursday delivery waited all day but the delivery did not turn up and we had received no call or no update on delivery either. Called the company Friday morning to talk to a very rude lady who said the driver had torn the ticket and did not know where to deliver the goods and that only today it has been returned to us and we can only deliver on Monday or cancel the order and process refund. note that this order is now being fulfilled after almost a week and the company was absolutely not apologetic but it felt like it was the norm. I would be skeptical to place any further orders unless I was willing to wait a week for delivery. the driver could have easily called the company taken the delivery address and completed the work making it easy for the client and company. i think it was never sent out and this lame excuse was just cooked up."
Dave Chapman
Verified Buyer
"Did not have all goods in stock should have said this prior to ordering"
Steve Maxted
Verified Buyer
"The order for white oak stair components went through smoothly, as did delivery at a decent. price. Experience spoiled by poor after sales service. Despite phone calls, then an email to sales, saying I need some oak buttons to finish the newel posts (as I did not realise they were not included), I have not had a response. I dealt with Luke who was helpful with advice pre order, but had not followed up my request for buttons (said he would ring back). No response from email to sales either. Products are good but after service is an important part of buying specialist goods."
PETER GOULDING
Verified Buyer
"Rang and had a good conversation answering my queries. Material then arrived a couple of days later. Really helpful & quick. PG"
Jackson Woodturners is rated 2.33 based on 40 reviews