i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

georgie.smith@i-to-i.com

Suite 2
Chantry House

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
Jeff was a fantastic lecturer/facilitator but I feel a bit short changed as the second day ended by 4pm. We did not get to go through course books and there were a few of us that had said on the first day we would like some information on teaching on-line which didn't happen so I would like that still to be explained to me.
Hi there,

Thank you for your review and concerns.

We've been alerted that this course did not run as scheduled and are taking action to ensure everyone receives any information that may have been missed out.

I'm sorry the course didn't run as planned, please contact on us 0113 2054602 if you have not yet hear from us.

good course simple easy
Thank you for your review!

Jill
Emily are the best hey. I struggled alot but she was always available to assist me. Thank you Emily for always assisting me, even when I was stressing and going off and wanted to give up. You always encouraged me. Keep up the good work. You deserve a medal.
Hi Lezell.

Thank you for you for review!

Great to hear you received the support from our in house academic team when it was required!

TEFL Support Team
When trying to get me to do the course the i-to-i team was very helpful and hands on, things changed when I started and actually needed the teams assistance I would call and leave messages but no one would get back to me...Im done with the course now and I am now discovering that I was mislead to thinking you pay a once off fee for the entire course but that is not the case I have to pay an additional fee I had not budgeted for to get MY certificate...I mean does that even make sense? as if that was not enough the cherry on top has to be how the consultant promised to help me get a job once the course is completed but to my surprise that was all a big FAT lie.
Hi Zungu,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for speaking to me today in regards to your TEFL certificate.

Glad to hear you have now received your e-certificate for your qualification. As we discussed all hard copy certificates are sent via courier service to ensure delivery.

This can be ordered at any time and you may find that most jobs can be applied for with your e-certificate. However, if do need to order a hard copy certificate it can be ordered at time online or over the phone.

Spectacular
Thank you for your review!

TEFL Support Team
They left me stranded! I am supposedly in the process of a 1 year trip in China. From the start, i to i messed me around. They told me (all in writing, so I have proof) that my DBS would be valid for China. I then found out that it isn't (and they won't pay for another one). Granted, they do say that any visa fees are payable by the applicant, but I had in writing that I wouldn't need to pay this. It doesn't end there. I found out that there were lots of documents that need notarising. In some countries e.g. USA, you can get this done for free at your bank. However, UK is not one of these countries. After that, there were quite a few other fees that we weren't told about. i to i need to make it clear exactly what fees need paying, and the (approximate) cost of these. On top of that, the visa process for China is so complicated that I ended up paying an agency another £50 just to help me do it. All this, while trying to hold down a job (I graduated a while ago and was already working) It doesn't end there. i to i didn't tell me that actually, it's another agency that they just pass on your details to, an agency called Immerqi, based in Beijing. They were just as hopeless and it felt like I was being bounced around. I haven't even got to the worst part yet. I know that the Coronavirus in China is not i to i or Immerqi's fault, but the way they handled it is shocking. I was told (again, in email, so I have written evidence) that even though the FCO advises against all travel to China unless essential that "it's fine to go back and that's just a precaution." When even if it's safe to go back, there's very little in the way of transportation, possible food shortages (nothing is open) and I could find it hard to leave China or be quarantined on my arrival to the UK, if things suddenly got worse. During the winter holidays (they don't have Christmas in China) I decided to go to Australia, thinking that it would be a good opportunity and not a massively long flight, plus no jet lag. When I was in Australia the situation in China suddenly got worse, and I had to make a snap decision what to do. I was in Perth at the time and managed to call a friend in Sydney who (I am currently) staying with. But sooner or later I will have to go back to the UK (all these extra flights and living costs at my own expense, I might add). I never had any contact from anyone asking if I was OK, what my plans were etc. When I started work at the school, nobody got in touch to ask how everything was going. This is their JOB. Basically, we found out that foreign teachers at our school get paid 12000RMB monthly. BUT the agents all take different amounts. Immerqi take 4000RMB of that, making my salary 8000RMB. This is what I was promised, but it's slightly misleading not to tell someone that actually, someone else will be taking one third of your pay, while you do the work. Talking to others at the school, they were taking home 10-11K, meaning the agents were only taking 1-2K. I think someone was paying 2.5K, taking home 9.5K. So we are all doing the same job but some (me) getting paid a lot less than others. We still don't know what is happening with the virus but at some point I will either need to go back to China and collect my stuff from the apartment (I have important documents there) or have it shipped over. I am going to post this on other TEFL review sites as well. Never will I ever use i to i again!
Hi Howard,
Firstly, I’m really sorry that the coronavirus has impacted your teaching position in China. The situation in China is changing on a daily basis and we would always recommend following the British FCO advice (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/china) which is currently advising all British citizens not to travel to China and leave China if they are able to do so. We are not sure how long it will take for things to change but indications are it could be some time.
The ImmerQi team are the experts in China but if you are unsure what to do next and need advice from us then please contact us on 1300 88 42 70 (local Australian number) or customersupport@i-to-i.com. We will do our very best to help you.

Customer Support Team
I have recently taken the i-to-i TEFL 120 Hour online course, and would recommend it to anyone seeking an informative, flexible and holistic approach to obtaining accreditation and learning the background necessary to begin teaching ESL.
Thank you for your review and recommendation!

TEFL Support Team
I’ve just completed an online Level 5 180 hour TEFL course with i-to-i TEFL. It’s a well presented, easy to follow course with many signposts to different resources. I’m currently living in Spain and had found a job before completing the course. The practical advice and the assignments have helped me to think at greater depth and develop my teaching skills for people learning another language. Thank you i-to-i TEFL, I will continue using your company for my future further development.
Hi Zoe,

Thanks for your lovely feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the course, I wish you all the best with your TEFL career!

Thanks,
Customer Support Team
DO NOT DO AN INTERNSHIP WITH I TO I TEFL. DO NOT TRUST I TO I TEFL. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO I TO I TEFL. I was warned from people who worked in Thailand as TEFL teachers that these internships were scammy and that if you go over there, you'd probably find a job. But as I haven't finished my college course yet, I don't have a Bachelor's degree which is a necessary requirement for a proper paying TEFL job in Asia and so I decided to book the Thailand internship as I'm desperate to see whether I would like to teach as a future career. I booked my internship last June in 2019 and I called them every month, asking if I could book my flight and they told me they needed to wait for "minimum numbers" for the trip just to be sure it would go ahead. Fast forward to January 2020 and I call them and they tell me I still can't book my flight as minimum numbers weren't reached. And I reminded them that flights were going up every single day and it was clear they didn't give a damn if we spent a fortune on flights. I then asked, "So what happens if minimum numbers aren't reached and I've already booked my flight?" And one of the I to I staff responded saying "Well... you could just.. go on a holiday?" And my jaw absolutely dropped. I was FURIOUS. They don't give ANY guarantee that you're actually going on the internship. They say it's highly unlikely that it won't happen but the person I was talking to on the phone literally admitted to me I was gambling with my money if I booked my flight then. So it was either gamble my money and book a flight without their go ahead OR wait till their go ahead (which would probably have been April or May seeing as it took 8 months just to get 8 people to book) and have spent probably nearing two grand for a flight, as flights in January were already around 1200. So I decided to get a refund and I cried when I heard how much I was getting back. I PAID 717 EURO. I GOT BACK 238 EURO. I got to keep my 120 hour TEFL course but because of their return policy where you only get half of what you paid, minus the course after a few days of buying the internship, I got back a FRACTION OF WHAT I PAID. I PAID 717 EURO FOR A SCAM. AN ABSOLUTE SCAM WHERE THERE'S NO GUARANTEE OR SECURITY WITH YOUR MONEY. They don't care at all about the people doing the internship. It's actually hilarious in hindsight how I fell for it. They get you to work for free in a town four hours away from Bangkok,and the working hours were Monday-Friday, 8-4pm. So around 8 hours of unpaid work so you get this "experience". They prey on those who have no Bachelor Degrees by promising them a sort of cultural, teaching experience but really, they're just getting you to do free work and giving the kids of the town a teacher without proper qualifications. It's a scam on all sides. They take all your money, give the kids an inexperienced teacher and both parties are left feeling used. IT'S A SCAM. I wish I had listened to those TEFL teachers in Thailand and my gut instinct. I to I TEFL took more than half of my money. They didn't care whether I gambled my money on flights because they were trying to save their own asses in case the internship didn't go ahead. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY'RE JUST AFTER YOUR MONEY. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE KIDS EITHER, THEY'RE JUST LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY ON ALL SIDES, IT'S NOT ABOUT TEACHING OR EXPERIENCE, THEY'RE AFTER YOUR MONEY. I will never forget that staff member who told me to just "go on a holiday" with a flight that would have cost me over a grand. HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU OFFER NO SECURITY OR GUARANTEE OR PEACE OF MIND WITH YOUR SERVICE. DO NOT BUY THEIR INTERNSHIP. THERE IS A REASON WHY ONLY 8 PEOPLE HAD BOOKED THE INTERNSHIP IN THE SPACE OF 8 MONTHS. IT'S A SCAM. DON'T GIVE I TO I YOUR MONEY. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER
Firstly, I can see that our communications to you have not been to the level I would expect. We did not advise you clearly that the trip you booked onto needed minimum numbers in order for it to run and that should have been covered before you booked the trip. Because you booked the trip a year before it as due to run this would have been particularly important as the vast majority of people book closer to the travel date. As you booked in June 2019 and were not due to travel until June 2020 it was likely that it could take some time before we confirmed the internship.

We run the Thailand Internship with minimum numbers of 10 people and shortly after you made the decision to cancel your place those numbers were reached and the trip is now confirmed. We have been running this trip for nearly 8 years and the trips have always gone ahead with around 30 people on it so we could have done more to reassure you.

However, we do need to reach the minimum numbers in order for our partners to be able to run the trip (this is standard practice in the travel industry) and we therefore advise our customers not to book their flights until it has been confirmed. If a customer does want to book flights then they do so at their own risk. However, the response you received from us about taking a holiday was unprofessional and for that I apologise.

In addition to this I have also reviewed our terms and conditions to confirm that if minimum numbers are not reached a full refund will be given as that was not clear.

Because we haven't given you the high level of service I would expect we are processing a full refund to you. We are not a scam and have had many very happy customers on the Thailand Internship. If you do decide you would like to travel with us now the trip is confirmed we would be very happy to have you.

Jo Bearcroft
Customer & Operations Director
Really excellent course!! Learning was easy and fun, but also challenges the student to think and learn
Hi Lee,

Thanks for your lovely review, I'm glad you enjoyed the course and I wish you all the best with your TEFL career!! :)

Customer Support Team
Very impressed with the course and really enjoyed it.
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed the course and I wish you the best of luck with your TEFL career :)

Very Good!
Hi Thembi,

Customer Support Team
Hello Everyone, I just passed my level 5, 180 hour TEFL course. It was so much fun and I think I have found what I would love to do - TEACHING! Thank you to all the i-to-i tutors that helped me with my course. Everybody is so nice and willing to help.

Customer Support Team
Very good 120 hour online course. The course is progressive and naturally leads to feeling ready for taking your first lesson. Concise but at the same gives plenty to think about and plenty of outside links. I recommend.

Customer Support Team
I really enjoyed completing my 120 hour course through i-to-i TEFL. The material is well presented, and contains relevant information that contributed towards my excitement and confidence to teach abroad.
Hi Tanya,

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. It's great to hear that the course has prepared you and you are excited to teach abroad.

Customer Support Team
Excellent feedback from tutors. Speedy response, even over the festive season with all the public holidays and shorter working hours

Customer Support Team
The course is comprehensive and there's a lot of support. The 20 hour attendance was an eye opener and after it I understood a whole lot more. M R Gomes Xavier

Customer Support Team
the people at i-to-i are really professional, profient and very helpful. they treat their institution like a business and it really shows. they provide excellent service, good advice and are always ready and happy to assist. the course has alot of content as well as very helpful resources and tips. the end of course tests are really helpful in ensuring that the work in understood as well as instilled. the tutor is really efficient, understanding and very helpful. she gave me wonderful tips to improve my work and ensure that I pass the course with flying colours thank you i-to-i for giving me a wonderful learning experience ..
Hi Khanyi,

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. It's great to hear you have enjoyed the course and the support you have received.

Good luck with your TEFL career!

Customer Support Team
It was a very good course, the online tutors were helpful, even on some of the feedback there were spelling mistakes!! I completed the course with confident and feel like a better teacher now. Thank you!
Thanks for the review Emma!

TEFL Support Team
I have recently finished my Level 5 180 hours. The course was extremely straightforward and understandable. I received such great feedback from my tutors which I have used in each assignment to ensure that I give it my all. My level 5 Teaching One-to-One & Online Course (60 hours) and the assignment if a bit different from the others.however, they are very simple to follow and straightforward to follow. My next Level 5 Teaching Business English Course (60 hours) is waiting for me, I am very excited and ultimately I am 100% impressed with the feedback, lessons, and support from i-to-i. I would definitely recommend this course to others! Goodluck!
Thank you Dylan for your review!

We're delighted to hear are enjoying the course and you have found the tutor useful.

Good luck with your next course and TEFL career

i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.61 based on 3,379 reviews