HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

6 - 12 Hours
Read HomeOwners Alliance Reviews
yes is helpful
Trying to understand
Gave me an idea what to claim for
Yes thank except I signed to sell my property and I was told I would not have to pay for photography but now after the 8 weeks termination is up some 20 weeks later they have asked for the money for the photography because they put a tick in the box “this payment will be Added to the overall Sansone &George bill payable in completion if your property is withdrawn for whatever reason the £200.00 will be payable
Do I have to pay this account
From 17/7/2019 until the 29/11/2019 there was on 2 viewers I feel that they did not perform well in selling my property
Can you please give me your thoughts on the subject
Thankyou I appreciate your input

Good luck, Naomi
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It means a great deal to us to receive feedback. If the charge is clearly set out in the contract you signed it may be difficult to legally refute it. You could raise a complaint against the agent but you will need to set out what grounds - for instance the charge was not clearly stated in the contract. Please take a look at our additional guidance on disputes with estate agents and how to raise complaint to the property ombudsman. https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-homeowners/property-ombudsman/ https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-homeowners/i-am-selling/how-to-resolve-disputes-with-estate-agents-a-guide-for-sellers/
I recently heard about the scheme, I found the website useful.
There should be a massive warning when dealing with Estate Agents. HOA have been extremely helpful during a difficult time, wish I’d read their site before I sold my house.
Absolute nonsense! I purchased the homebuyers insurance and I have since made a claim but the claim has been rejected.
Basically I found a property, offer accepted, sold my property, all legal work, surveys, searches complete and then my buyer dropped out at the last minute so the property which I was purchasing went straight back on the market as the owner said they would not wait for me to find a new buyer.
I was so relieved that I had insurance in place as I had spent over £1300 and it states you are covered if the seller withdraws the property and it’s out of your control.
However the company have refused to pay as apparently my buyer withdrawing and my seller returning the property to the market is all in my control. What an absolute con! I would certainly not bother with a home buyers insurance in the future because it looks like they will bend and twist the policy to suit them so you will NEVER get a payout! HONESTLY DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY! TOTAL CON!
Emma, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the product. We investigated your complaint and we are surprised that you posted your dissatisfaction before lodging a complaint with the insurance provider. The insurance provider have not heard from you and you still have the right to appeal the decision.

Your claim was rejected because the property was still available to purchase and the policy does not cover a breakdown in the chain. The vendor put the property back on the market because your buyer could no longer proceed with the purchase of your property. At the time of the claim the property was still available for you to purchase.

Although the policy will not cover a break down in the chain under you, it will cover a break in the chain above subject to the claim meeting the insured events on the policy – whereby the vendor withdraws the property from sale.

You are welcome to appeal the claim decision if you feel it is unjustified and or if additional evidence is produced demonstrating that an insured event on the policy was triggered, the claims team will happily reconsider their decision.
Such a useful site!
The contract review service is excellent.
They try to give you 'advice' on subjects you haven't even mentioned but can't help you on the matters you've contacted them for. Their advice can be poor. They batten down ideas you have about your problem.
Janet - we are very sorry to hear you weren't happy with your recent interaction with our members' helpline; one of our team will give you a call back to discuss how we can help further. We do note that you also provided us with a five star review back in June 2019. Our helpline team has regularly talked to you about your property - please do let us know on the phone as well if you are not happy with the service provided. Rest assured, we will always do our best to give our members impartial suggestions on next steps in their property journey including, in the current time, considering the implications of the coronavirus pandemic.
Extremely useful!
I found the HomeOwners Alliance website to be a mine of useful information which was really helpful as I haven't moved house for 20 years. Subsequently I paid the subscription and am reaping the benefit of a review of an estate agent's contract and direct advice on issues over the telephone.
Thank you to the Home Owner's Alliance and in particular to Naomi for supporting us through the house buying process every step of the way. The HOA has been an invaluable resource and I have already recommended it to friends. The communication via email has been very detailed and helped us feel more confident with communications and decisions throughout our first time purchase. I hope that anyone who seeks relevant support (from the HOA) can readily find it. I have no hesitation in highly recommending you.
The Home Owners Alliance has been our best discovery during the process of house hunting online!

I put in a call to this organisation, wondering whether someone would be able to speak to me urgently when we were suddenly serious about offering on a property, & then again when the survey brought up serious concerns. I was really impressed when I was able to speak with knowledgeable team members - first Naomi, & then Sara - straight away on each occasion. To my amazement, they gave me time to outline our dilemmas in detail, answered each of our questions and directed us to both their own & other online resources - invaluable tools, out there in the public domain & freely available to anyone in the know.

Naomi and Sara were both friendly & encouraging, their perspectives incisive and professional and their remarks concise and enlightening. They assessed & then summarized succinctly for us the situations we had been finding overwhelming, giving us confidence to carry on with our own research.

Thank you, Home Owners' Association! Offering detailed advice for sellers, owners and buyers, a list of local professionals and this brilliant telephone consultation service, at a mere £45 a year membership is an absolute snip.
Very quick and detailed response to our enquiry which helped greatly in choosing an estate agent
Access to legal advice has been invaluable.
Quick , knowledgeable very helpful response with regard to checking estate agents contract. My call was unhurried with all my questions answered with very full explanation.
We have been very impressed with the support we have received from HomeOwnersAlliance. As first time buyers the advice we have received from the orrganisation has been invaluable. They were quick to reply to our queries and gave important insight. We feel much more confident knowing that we have the support of experts we can rely on.
Gave me very sensible advice on a query about an estate agency contract. Replied the same morning, which was very impressive.
Friendly, helpful and quick to respond to queries
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.82 based on 114 reviews