HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

of reviewers recommend HomeOwners Alliance
6 - 12 Hours
Read HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

About HomeOwners Alliance:

The HomeOwners Alliance champions the interests of Britain’s homeowners and aspiring homeowners, providing unbiased and practical advice as well as services you can trust whether you are buying, selling or owning your home.

033 0088 2051

2 Stephen Street

Tell us how HomeOwners Alliance made you happy
very informative and usefull information for people living in flats
loads of useful information on this site
Very clear explanations. (Hope a park home is classified as a mobile home)
lots of clear information
This is a great site, full of answers to so many questions you don't even know you should ask. Amazing for anyone interested in or in a property, whether owned or not. Thank you to everyone who has contributed this font of knowledge!
I find it quite incredible that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get an answer to a SIMPLE QUESTION like: "What might I EXPECT, ON AVERAGE to pay per month for a loan of £10,000 over 5 or 10 years, in today's world" without disclosing ALL of my Personal Details! That is a VERY SIMPLE question for anyone with any idea of financial affairs to ask - YET, there is NO ANSWER out there to that!!! I do HAVE TO ASK what on earth do all you Lenders HAVE TO HIDE? All this business of "what can you afford per week or per month?" - that is NONSENSE! That allows you to charge PHENOMENAL Interest Rates (c. 39% p.a.?) and if the person feels they can afford it, AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT IN TIME, they accept! In my day we talked Interest Rates like 3 - 5% over Base - or in terms of a Personal Loan, a Flat Rate of say 10%. That way EVERYONE knew exactly where they stood - and they were either accepted or declined based on my knowledge of the person and my measure of their resourcefulness in over-coming adversity! Let's be UP FRONT and say: here is what you should EXPECT to have to pay but only an accurate figure can be given once we have carried out OUR assessment on your ability to pay! That way, the un-initiated will start to understand how to manage their Financial affairs in a responsible manner! I was in Finance on the front line for 37+ years and integrity in all of our dealings was paramount - up until the early mid 90's when SHEER GREED on the part of virtually EVERY Financial Institution overtook ALL SENSIBILTY - and we ALL KNOW where that led us - 2008???!!! Why has that lesson not been learned? GREED???
Hello, I came across your site purely by accident and was disturbed to read a number of problems your members seemed to be having with their architects. In response, I would suggest that both members and users searching for architects go to at least three different architects if not more. Many offer a free initial consultation so use this well, get them to visit your home or site, ask as many questions as you need and get a feel for how the architect and yourself could/would work together. Communication is key in any relationship and especially one so important as having major work done to your home - it's personal. Check out what previous work the architect has done, they should be able to show you examples. You are completely entitled to seek out references from previous clients and or contractors or other professional consultants. Finally, before signing on the dotted line, you should receive a written outline of the work the architect is proposing to carry out for you, generally called a scope of works or it maybe part of their appointment letter/documents and this should detail the stages of work they are pricing for and the work they propose to produce for you. If anything isn't clear go back to them and seek clarification. Communication + Transparency Keep both of these going and even disagreements can be nipped in the bud before developing into full blown disputes. Good luck and enjoy your build. Mike Marshall Senior Architect Berrys Oxford
Yes very useful,will be taking your advise over many issues.
It's really useful having so much information about all aspects of buying/selling disputes etc in one place.
Clearest explanation of IHT I have found
I have seen a lot of overinflated house prices during my house selling and buying experience which started at the end of May this year and am currently stuck waiting for a buyer's bank valuation on my home over 8 days now, before I can move on with a survey on the property I want to buy. I was worried my house would not match the agents estimate and have seen generalised prices on Zoopla way above the asking price I settled for. So I used the Home Owners Alliance Tool which is spot on the asking price, absolutely spot on! So that gives me confidence whilst waiting to see if the valuer drops the asking price on mine significantly or not. I thank you for this resource Home Owners Alliance your online valuation tool was spot on for my home.
Instant home valuation is completely out of the ball park provided by agents, Zoopla, and the market.
Yes, I did find the website information helpful, as I was looking for a specific issue. The website did address this issue/concern and had a reasonable suggestion to help.
Very useful, very infomative, well designed. Thank you
It was useful in guiding me to other sources that could help resolve my dispute with my survey and builder
Yes, was able to find the information required very quickly
Really information website, helped us with a lot of things to consider while buying a new build property.
encouragement
yes, Very good, well done.
I was enquiring about the length of a lease on flats and what is the recommended minimum length to think about before a purchase. There was information on this site about the change of law for leaseholders.
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.62 based on 446 reviews