HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend HomeOwners Alliance
Telephone
"Home Owners Alliance membership is worth every penny. I have called the helpline and they have always answered my phone or called me back always gave me correct advice . Have me guidance on dealing with estate agents . Making and offer and has wonderful resources for anyone who wants to own a home . They are a true blessing to First Time Buyer."
"Extremely helpful with in depth explanations and more importantly solutions to your issues..."
"Wonderful. I'm so glad I joined HOA. Practical advice and great support. Invaluable."
"I am very happy with the help that I received from HomeOwners Alliance. In particular I would like to thank very much for NAOMI and KATHERINE! Thanks to their help I finally live in my own home. I will recommend your services with all my heart for all who will need help with the purchase of a house in uk. BIG THANK YOU!!!! I am 100% satisfied and give you 10 stars feedback for service and help from you!!!"
"Called for advice and left a message as no advisor was available at the time. got a call back within 30 minutes. Spoke with a very nice lady called Sara, who was extremely informative on a range of topics and followed up with links to more in depth information on the subjects discussed. I felt I could ask anything related to house buying without being rushed or pushed into any particular direction. it was good honest sensible advice. On current form the membership is definitely worth it."
"I have found HOA invaluable, - they are so supportive and knowledgeable. Moving house is in no doubt a stressful process, it can be overwhelming as to where to find professional and impartial advise. Being a member has given me the confidence to call or email any query. The website is great full of useful and up to date guides and so are the regular email newsletters."
"Initially the conveyancing request was not forwarded onto the solicitor due to a system fault."
"I found the HA service very helpful when I was experiencing a very difficult house sale. They offered good advice and kept in touch. I'd recommend membership if you are a homeowner."
"Amazing service, I felt very supported during all stages of buying my first home!"
"I joined HOA following exchange on a shared ownership property. I unfortunately ran into some issues with completing on the property and have been so glad to have the knowledge and support of HOA advisors. Buying a property can be pretty daunting, especially when things don't run smoothly! But having HOA on my side, has made all the difference. I'd definitely recommend the service to anyone considering buying!"
"Fantastic written resources - from the simplest of step-by-step guides to how to buy a house to more involved pieces on land tenure. However, the best part of belonging to HoA is the personalised advice and support. The staff are very knowledgeable and informed, making even tricky parts of the house buying process navigable. Very grateful for their assistance!"
"Very efficient service providing a wide range of advice. Thanks"
"I found the advice very helpful in helping me to arrive at a decision whilst dealing with Estate Agents when putting my property on the market. The Advisors were also extremely supportive."
"I had been feeling awfully anxious and a little overwhelmed about the whole idea of buying a place. I had frankly been lied to and given the 'hard sell'...so it was with great relief that I spoke to someone at HOA - she called me and spent time talking me through various options that would suit me and my pocket...I got the information I needed to make informed choices - and that feels really powerful."
"Homeowners Alliance is a great tool for anyone buying or selling a property. I have found information on the website really helpful whilst both buying and selling properties, and the advice offered over the phone has answered my many questions as well."
"People on the helpline - very helpful, knowledgeable and I don't have to wait so long. Solicitors and Conveyancers search - although it offers 10% discount for members, this is not much different to other solicitor finder websites, (a) it is not clear how these solicitors are rated (users' reviews are not available and you can see only ratings), (b) it doesn't give you the space for further questions directly to the solicitors/ conveyancers' firm who will potentially deal with you. Choosing a solicitor is one of most important (& expensive) parts of the buying/selling process and it's not only money but you will want to hire someone capable and establish a good relationship with them. So everything virtual won't give you much feel of who they are since many of them said more or less similar things on the web. It is different to finding quotes for car / house insurance or the best utility tariff. I tried one of the solicitor orgs to get a quote and received an immediate quote after filling info in the web-form & received a number of emails including WELCOME PACK from HOA as if I've already decided to purchase their services ! So I will have to make it clear that I am still looking.."
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions, we do appreciate you taking time to let us know about your experience. We’re working hard to deliver more reviews and ratings information around the conveyancers' quotes, but we know we’re not quite there yet!
We’ll also try to make it clearer that receiving our Welcome Pack is more about providing useful information to help people make a decision than assuming people have decided to instruct - thanks for pointing it out. We are thinking a change of title would help here.
You are also spot on writing that choosing a solicitor is one of the most important parts of the buying/selling process, and we're hoping our tool is a useful place for anyone to start their journey in finding the right conveyancer for them, but do of course recommend doing some supporting research by looking at independent review sites to help shortlist a few conveyancers.

Once shortlisted, we do have a guide in which we have written a few questions to ask when speaking to your conveyancers - https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-homeowners/i-am-buying/should-i-do-my-conveyancing-online/ - I hope they help!

Kind regards,

Paula
"Good information and advice on web site. Reasonable price for the year membership."
"I get a real sense of personal service from Homeowners Alliance. I always feel they understand what I need and are very thorough and helpful with all my queries."
"Independent advice from someone not needing to keep estate agents or solicitors happy."
"By providing the answers and support when dealing with leasehold issues"
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.82 based on 22 reviews