HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend HomeOwners Alliance
"I had been feeling awfully anxious and a little overwhelmed about the whole idea of buying a place. I had frankly been lied to and given the 'hard sell'...so it was with great relief that I spoke to someone at HOA - she called me and spent time talking me through various options that would suit me and my pocket...I got the information I needed to make informed choices - and that feels really powerful."
"Homeowners Alliance is a great tool for anyone buying or selling a property. I have found information on the website really helpful whilst both buying and selling properties, and the advice offered over the phone has answered my many questions as well."
"People on the helpline - very helpful, knowledgeable and I don't have to wait so long. Solicitors and Conveyancers search - although it offers 10% discount for members, this is not much different to other solicitor finder websites, (a) it is not clear how these solicitors are rated (users' reviews are not available and you can see only ratings), (b) it doesn't give you the space for further questions directly to the solicitors/ conveyancers' firm who will potentially deal with you. Choosing a solicitor is one of most important (& expensive) parts of the buying/selling process and it's not only money but you will want to hire someone capable and establish a good relationship with them. So everything virtual won't give you much feel of who they are since many of them said more or less similar things on the web. It is different to finding quotes for car / house insurance or the best utility tariff. I tried one of the solicitor orgs to get a quote and received an immediate quote after filling info in the web-form & received a number of emails including WELCOME PACK from HOA as if I've already decided to purchase their services ! So I will have to make it clear that I am still looking.."
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions, we do appreciate you taking time to let us know about your experience. We’re working hard to deliver more reviews and ratings information around the conveyancers' quotes, but we know we’re not quite there yet!
We’ll also try to make it clearer that receiving our Welcome Pack is more about providing useful information to help people make a decision than assuming people have decided to instruct - thanks for pointing it out. We are thinking a change of title would help here.
You are also spot on writing that choosing a solicitor is one of the most important parts of the buying/selling process, and we're hoping our tool is a useful place for anyone to start their journey in finding the right conveyancer for them, but do of course recommend doing some supporting research by looking at independent review sites to help shortlist a few conveyancers.

Once shortlisted, we do have a guide in which we have written a few questions to ask when speaking to your conveyancers - https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-homeowners/i-am-buying/should-i-do-my-conveyancing-online/ - I hope they help!

Kind regards,

Paula
"Good information and advice on web site. Reasonable price for the year membership."
"I get a real sense of personal service from Homeowners Alliance. I always feel they understand what I need and are very thorough and helpful with all my queries."
"Independent advice from someone not needing to keep estate agents or solicitors happy."
"By providing the answers and support when dealing with leasehold issues"
"I had big worries and they just melted them away. Their valuation was spot on. Their staff are the very best so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Can’t praise HOA enough."
"Not only a great way to save time and money in selecting options for estate agents and solicitors, HOA also becomes a sort of advisor you can turn to throughout the lengthy and nerve wracking process of selling your home. I recommend!"
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.67 based on 9 reviews