HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

of reviewers recommend HomeOwners Alliance
6 - 12 Hours
Read HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

About HomeOwners Alliance:

The HomeOwners Alliance champions the interests of Britain’s homeowners and aspiring homeowners, providing unbiased and practical advice as well as services you can trust whether you are buying, selling or owning your home.

033 0088 2051

2 Stephen Street

Tell us how HomeOwners Alliance made you happy
yes, but hopefully I will be in a better position to write a review once I have been contacted by an assessor
It is a useful website for bits of information but sadly seems to be becoming a page for articles and space for people to come and tell their tales of woe. I came to check out the fleecehold situation. Given the time this has been going on, it seems to be going nowhere.
need more information whom to contact for so many other help for elderly.
not really & try to use...
Yes quite useful
My contact merely confirmed a lot of what I already knew
People on the helpline - very helpful, knowledgeable and I don't have to wait so long. Solicitors and Conveyancers search - although it offers 10% discount for members, this is not much different to other solicitor finder websites, (a) it is not clear how these solicitors are rated (users' reviews are not available and you can see only ratings), (b) it doesn't give you the space for further questions directly to the solicitors/ conveyancers' firm who will potentially deal with you. Choosing a solicitor is one of most important (& expensive) parts of the buying/selling process and it's not only money but you will want to hire someone capable and establish a good relationship with them. So everything virtual won't give you much feel of who they are since many of them said more or less similar things on the web. It is different to finding quotes for car / house insurance or the best utility tariff. I tried one of the solicitor orgs to get a quote and received an immediate quote after filling info in the web-form & received a number of emails including WELCOME PACK from HOA as if I've already decided to purchase their services ! So I will have to make it clear that I am still looking..
Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions, we do appreciate you taking time to let us know about your experience. We’re working hard to deliver more reviews and ratings information around the conveyancers' quotes, but we know we’re not quite there yet! We’ll also try to make it clearer that receiving our Welcome Pack is more about providing useful information to help people make a decision than assuming people have decided to instruct - thanks for pointing it out. We are thinking a change of title would help here. You are also spot on writing that choosing a solicitor is one of the most important parts of the buying/selling process, and we're hoping our tool is a useful place for anyone to start their journey in finding the right conveyancer for them, but do of course recommend doing some supporting research by looking at independent review sites to help shortlist a few conveyancers. Once shortlisted, we do have a guide in which we have written a few questions to ask when speaking to your conveyancers - https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-homeowners/i-am-buying/should-i-do-my-conveyancing-online/ - I hope they help! Kind regards, Paula
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.66 based on 364 reviews