HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

Based on 619 reviews
6 - 12 Hours
Read HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

About HomeOwners Alliance:

The HomeOwners Alliance champions the interests of Britain’s homeowners and aspiring homeowners, providing unbiased and practical advice as well as services you can trust whether you are buying, selling or owning your home.

033 0088 2051

2 Stephen Street

Tell us how HomeOwners Alliance made you happy
The range of anticipated prices you quote is absolutely ridiculous and consequently calls into question the value of any other information
The website contains lots of useful information. But when trying to make a claim it turns out the information is at best misleading and at worst deliberately deceptive. I cannot recommend anyone ever takes out this insurance when a clear problem found by my surveyor is not good enough to make a claim.
We are sorry that the homebuyers protection you bought via our website did not provide the cover you expected. You are right that if you decide to withdraw from a purchase after a negative survey, this is not an event covered by the insurance. The events covered by the policy are detailed within the Insurance Product Information Document as well as in your policy document both of which are accessible on the website prior and after coveage has been purchased. However, we have updated our FAQs regarding bad surveys to avoid any confusion in the future.
I find it quite incredible that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get an answer to a SIMPLE QUESTION like: "What might I EXPECT, ON AVERAGE to pay per month for a loan of £10,000 over 5 or 10 years, in today's world" without disclosing ALL of my Personal Details! That is a VERY SIMPLE question for anyone with any idea of financial affairs to ask - YET, there is NO ANSWER out there to that!!! I do HAVE TO ASK what on earth do all you Lenders HAVE TO HIDE? All this business of "what can you afford per week or per month?" - that is NONSENSE! That allows you to charge PHENOMENAL Interest Rates (c. 39% p.a.?) and if the person feels they can afford it, AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT IN TIME, they accept! In my day we talked Interest Rates like 3 - 5% over Base - or in terms of a Personal Loan, a Flat Rate of say 10%. That way EVERYONE knew exactly where they stood - and they were either accepted or declined based on my knowledge of the person and my measure of their resourcefulness in over-coming adversity! Let's be UP FRONT and say: here is what you should EXPECT to have to pay but only an accurate figure can be given once we have carried out OUR assessment on your ability to pay! That way, the un-initiated will start to understand how to manage their Financial affairs in a responsible manner! I was in Finance on the front line for 37+ years and integrity in all of our dealings was paramount - up until the early mid 90's when SHEER GREED on the part of virtually EVERY Financial Institution overtook ALL SENSIBILTY - and we ALL KNOW where that led us - 2008???!!! Why has that lesson not been learned? GREED???
Instant home valuation is completely out of the ball park provided by agents, Zoopla, and the market.
Thanks for finally writing about >Review HomeOwners Alliance - REVIEWS.io
I was looking for some information to help with a house purchase and the website asked me for my email address and phone number in order to proceed. BUT, then I got a call from and estate agent, who told me that my details are passed on to 'partners'. So this just collects your details and you are spammed.
I'm sorry to hear this. I assume that you may have used our Find an Estate Agent service. We believe it is clear in our permissions which we actively seek from our users that they may be contacted by a maximum of two agents - one national and one local . We will look to review the wording to make it clearer.
no-hoa is yet another organisation amongst many that pretends that it acts in homeowners interests but exists to facilitate in the pocket lining of those whoe already have had there pockets lined ..No mention of flats ,fire certificates and the whole EWS scandal affecting 100,000s flat owners,pffff
usual nonzsense with bloody popups
Seems as a Freehold property owner I have no rights to complain about being fleeced by Gateway Property Management Ltd of Southend-on Sea. If I was a Leaseholder I would have rights!!!!
I was disturbed multiple times while trying to read one (1) article. I still haven't finished.
could barely read anything as all the time a stupid popup appears
I am new to your website so no comments as yet!
We do not approve of the incompetence of the Solicitors you put us in contact with. Who do we complain to?
Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that the service you have received is disappointing, we have emailed you to find out more about the issue and will look to raise a complaint on your behalf/get someone to look into it for you
Absolute nonsense! I purchased the homebuyers insurance and I have since made a claim but the claim has been rejected. Basically I found a property, offer accepted, sold my property, all legal work, surveys, searches complete and then my buyer dropped out at the last minute so the property which I was purchasing went straight back on the market as the owner said they would not wait for me to find a new buyer. I was so relieved that I had insurance in place as I had spent over £1300 and it states you are covered if the seller withdraws the property and it’s out of your control. However the company have refused to pay as apparently my buyer withdrawing and my seller returning the property to the market is all in my control. What an absolute con! I would certainly not bother with a home buyers insurance in the future because it looks like they will bend and twist the policy to suit them so you will NEVER get a payout! HONESTLY DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY! TOTAL CON!
Emma, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the product. We investigated your complaint and we are surprised that you posted your dissatisfaction before lodging a complaint with the insurance provider. The insurance provider have not heard from you and you still have the right to appeal the decision. Your claim was rejected because the property was still available to purchase and the policy does not cover a breakdown in the chain. The vendor put the property back on the market because your buyer could no longer proceed with the purchase of your property. At the time of the claim the property was still available for you to purchase. Although the policy will not cover a break down in the chain under you, it will cover a break in the chain above subject to the claim meeting the insured events on the policy – whereby the vendor withdraws the property from sale. You are welcome to appeal the claim decision if you feel it is unjustified and or if additional evidence is produced demonstrating that an insured event on the policy was triggered, the claims team will happily reconsider their decision.
They try to give you 'advice' on subjects you haven't even mentioned but can't help you on the matters you've contacted them for. Their advice can be poor. They batten down ideas you have about your problem.
Janet - we are very sorry to hear you weren't happy with your recent interaction with our members' helpline; one of our team will give you a call back to discuss how we can help further. We do note that you also provided us with a five star review back in June 2019. Our helpline team has regularly talked to you about your property - please do let us know on the phone as well if you are not happy with the service provided. Rest assured, we will always do our best to give our members impartial suggestions on next steps in their property journey including, in the current time, considering the implications of the coronavirus pandemic.
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.65 based on 619 reviews