HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

of reviewers recommend HomeOwners Alliance
6 - 12 Hours
Read HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

About HomeOwners Alliance:

The HomeOwners Alliance champions the interests of Britain’s homeowners and aspiring homeowners, providing unbiased and practical advice as well as services you can trust whether you are buying, selling or owning your home.

033 0088 2051

2 Stephen Street

Tell us how HomeOwners Alliance made you happy
Seems as a Freehold property owner I have no rights to complain about being fleeced by Gateway Property Management Ltd of Southend-on Sea. If I was a Leaseholder I would have rights!!!!
I was disturbed multiple times while trying to read one (1) article. I still haven't finished.
could barely read anything as all the time a stupid popup appears
I am new to your website so no comments as yet!
We do not approve of the incompetence of the Solicitors you put us in contact with. Who do we complain to?
Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that the service you have received is disappointing, we have emailed you to find out more about the issue and will look to raise a complaint on your behalf/get someone to look into it for you
Absolute nonsense! I purchased the homebuyers insurance and I have since made a claim but the claim has been rejected. Basically I found a property, offer accepted, sold my property, all legal work, surveys, searches complete and then my buyer dropped out at the last minute so the property which I was purchasing went straight back on the market as the owner said they would not wait for me to find a new buyer. I was so relieved that I had insurance in place as I had spent over £1300 and it states you are covered if the seller withdraws the property and it’s out of your control. However the company have refused to pay as apparently my buyer withdrawing and my seller returning the property to the market is all in my control. What an absolute con! I would certainly not bother with a home buyers insurance in the future because it looks like they will bend and twist the policy to suit them so you will NEVER get a payout! HONESTLY DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY! TOTAL CON!
Emma, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the product. We investigated your complaint and we are surprised that you posted your dissatisfaction before lodging a complaint with the insurance provider. The insurance provider have not heard from you and you still have the right to appeal the decision. Your claim was rejected because the property was still available to purchase and the policy does not cover a breakdown in the chain. The vendor put the property back on the market because your buyer could no longer proceed with the purchase of your property. At the time of the claim the property was still available for you to purchase. Although the policy will not cover a break down in the chain under you, it will cover a break in the chain above subject to the claim meeting the insured events on the policy – whereby the vendor withdraws the property from sale. You are welcome to appeal the claim decision if you feel it is unjustified and or if additional evidence is produced demonstrating that an insured event on the policy was triggered, the claims team will happily reconsider their decision.
They try to give you 'advice' on subjects you haven't even mentioned but can't help you on the matters you've contacted them for. Their advice can be poor. They batten down ideas you have about your problem.
Janet - we are very sorry to hear you weren't happy with your recent interaction with our members' helpline; one of our team will give you a call back to discuss how we can help further. We do note that you also provided us with a five star review back in June 2019. Our helpline team has regularly talked to you about your property - please do let us know on the phone as well if you are not happy with the service provided. Rest assured, we will always do our best to give our members impartial suggestions on next steps in their property journey including, in the current time, considering the implications of the coronavirus pandemic.
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.67 based on 346 reviews