GoodSync Software Reviews

of reviewers recommend GoodSync Software
Read GoodSync Software Reviews

3701 Pender Dr Suite 400

Tell us how GoodSync Software made you happy
We use Goodsync for server os. A 2way sync between our fileserver and Google drive for business. It's not working, the analyze takes hours, and Goodsync support responds very slow. Goodsync support cannot provide the correct settings to make the sync job to Google work correct. According to Google support, Goodsync is not using the Google API. The is problem registered more than 1.5 month ago.... Keep this in mind before buying from Siber systems, Goodsync
This software used to be good, but slowly they were pushing towards a "software as a service" model including breaking local logins on their GoodSync server. Fortunately I had an older version so I could keep using them. Finally, with v11 they fully stopped selling their software and now only rent it. I guess I'll hold on to my v10 licenses as long as possible until I find something else.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. This is the absolutely the worst file back up or syncing software I've ever encountered. I have paid for two licenses and can't use either. They show up in my account but I can't activate them. When I try it tells me I don't have any available licenses. I contact support and they give me the most convoluted response possible and refuse to call me to help.
Not impressed with the new licencing strategy. Suck you in with a perpetual licence for V10, then as of V11 smash you with an annual subscription based model I see this as a greed strategy. This is a pain for me as I am a personal user with 2 licences (1 windows, 1 Linux) and I cannot now upgrade to V11 or find the downloads for V10 for Linux. I wouldn't recommend this software anymore due to the face it's gone to Annual Licencing.
After many years using GoodSync it is now time to part company - this new FORCED subscription only licensing model for individuals is not for me. A lot of companies are jumping over to subscription licensing, but I refuse to use a subscription based model. I am more than willing to PAY for a license when I want to upgrade. You need to over BOTH models, otherwise you will be cutting off a lot of loyal customers, that like myself will not use subscription. So looks like i will be looking for an alternative solution.... a real shame as i application is very good. Whoever thought of exclusively changing the licensing model to subscription only should be fired.
Probably one of the worst companies I deal with. Their licencing arrangements are very confusing. If you contact their customer services they are rude, arrogant and unhelpful. If you enjoy this then this is the company for you. Its unfortunate that their software is very good but be very clear they look down their nose at "non-techy"people in a way I have never encountered before.
I have to concur with many users here. I'm a long time, multiple license holder. Since the licensing model has suddenly changed to an annual license this product has become unaffordable. Add to that the attitude of the developer when approached re. bugs and suggestions means version 10 is definitely the last one for me.
Superb functionality and reliability. But arbitrary changes to the licensing model for personal users changing the licence from perpetual to annually expiring make this unaffordable. The way that these changes were made is more typical of a company whose business model embraces sharp practice. It is probably illegal but I don't have the resources to challenge it in court and I guess the company is betting on that. Shame on Goodsync. I will no longer be recommending the product.
Suddendly the software which I bought for good (no monthly or yearly fee or anything re-occuring) stopped working asking for an upgrade that is supposed to cost 299 USD. I did not do or ask for any upgrades. I tjust didt it automatically. What a joke!!! I have sent an email to support but I do not have high hopes that I will get an answer. SO FORGET THIS LICENSE MODEL IS A SCAM.
In agreement with the gist of most of the reviews I scanned here, not interested in upgrading to a subscription payment model, akin to a mafia protection racket!, also I had problems as of approx 4 months ago where the product would sieze up after the computer was placed in sleep mode, support came back with all sorts of rubbish other than assume I might have found a bug and deal with it, began to think they purposedly stuffed the product to force an upgrade to ver11 and their money grubbing subscription model, whereas I rolled my installations back to the last installer I had saved, V10.9.0.7, and that works fine fo me so that's where I am staying till I find a replacement strategy
I've been buying this software for several years now. Now, for private users, only expiring licenses are available (After one year). Perpetual licenses are now ONLY available for the Business version, at a MASSIVE price hike! I was very satisfied with Goodsync - but a subscription modell for Software is a No-Go for me.
Very poor customer service. After paying renewal (I've been using GoodSync and RoboForm for years) still can not log in to get activation code and no way to call is listed. They don't even bother to send you an email acknowledging your payment or link to support. Just very poorly thought out an non-responsive. Quality product, but crappy service. I wish I could give them a sub-zero score.
After several years of satisfied service, the program suddenly stopped working. After repeated appeals to support and patient expectation for about half a year for finding the solution for my problem, I finally got a reply from the support that this is my problem with my Windows operating system. So I left with not working sync program on my own. Such an awful support person I didn't face before, and I hope I will not suffer it anymore. I also think I will have to give up on this program and will try to find another syncing program or use FreeFileSync, as somebody mentioned before.
After years of using WDSync to WDMycloud backing up multiple different folders locally to different folders on the local cloud I'm now told this is the successor I have to use. Only it isn't because I can't backup disparate folders locally to disparate folders on the cloud, they have to be under the same file structure, which is not what I want. e.g. my folders locally to my folders on my NAS, and my music locally to public music on the NAS, can't do it!
After several years of satisfied service, the program suddenly stopped working and said I needed to log in to activate my license. After repeated emails to support I finally got a reply to log in, my account was active. I could not log in and after more emails to support I think I will have to give up on this program and purchase another syncing program or use FreeFileSync which seems to work faster anyway. (by Ken Foster)
it works very badly, after I bought the license, I do not recommend, steal it from the net!
Worst backup software. It is very confusing. It deleted my folder on disk and made my situation horrible condition.
Bought license on 10.18.2016. Installed on only one PC. Now I change hard disk and the activation license is refused. This licence was never, never communicated to anyone else and never, never installed on another PC.
NOT Fair free download! Because no warning text TRIAL 30 DAY!!!!
GoodSync is an excellent software and I have been using it for many years A couple of years ago I got GoodSync for Synology, and it was free. I installed it and it was running perfectly for cloud backup from a PC and my NAS Since the last GoodSync up on my PC I have been told that I had to updgrade my GoodSync on NAS as well. I discovered too late that I had to pay for it. Unfair, but no problem, GS is good enough. I purchased it. But now to enter the code, I need to be an expert issuing command line on my NAS !!! and with absolutely NO assistance. This is quite incredible and unacceptable !!!!!!
Hi Jean-Pierre - We definitely want to help! We have sent the steps via a private message. Additionally, we will be adding them to our Help Center. Moving forward, should you require additional assistance, please let us know. Thank you.
GoodSync Software is rated 4.23 based on 371 reviews