GoodSync Software Reviews

of reviewers recommend GoodSync Software
Read GoodSync Software Reviews

3701 Pender Dr Suite 400

Tell us how GoodSync Software made you happy
The user interface is one of the worst I've ever used. Buttons that are supposed to work simply don't. Customer service mindlessly repeats the same fixes repeatedly if you ask for help, and eventually says things like "it should work" and "I don't know how to help". If your WebDAV credentials change be prepared to recreate your sync jobs. When it's running it does the job seamlessly, but it often fails for no reason with no indication in the logs, then mysteriously starts working again a few days later.
We're very sorry to hear of your frustration and we certainly want to assist. We are unable to locate any existing support tickets using your name, but if you can please submit one using the link below, we'll ensure your technical issues are addressed ASAP. Again, we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have experienced and we look forward to assisting. https://www.goodsync.com/php/gsss/main?lang=en
I can't get access to the license I purchased. Tech support says that I have it installed on a computer somewhere and cannot put it on a different one. I haven't changed computers, and all three of my computers (2 laptops, 1 desktop) give me the error that another computer has the license. Tech support is not helpful. Product was not intuitive when I installed it. I fought with it for a few hours to get it to work, and then went through the same thing a few months later when I tried to use it again. Now I have spent the afternoon only to find that my license is (for whatever reason) unusable. I just downloaded AllwaySync (for free) and hope it will meet my needs.
Hi Christi - we are very sorry to hear of the frustration you've felt and we certainly want to help you place your license on the proper machine. We have escalated your existing support ticket to our Technical Support Manager, so the issue can be addressed ASAP.
Takes a very long time to index large directories. Promoted as free upgrade to version 10 after purchasing V9, but program stopped working on license issues. Tried to revert to V9 and still says license issues. Complained to customer support, no response. I don't recommend this company or product...at all.
Hi Jeff - thank you for reaching out. We see that you submitted a ticket in March and received a reply on the same day. If your licensing issues are unresolved, however, please reply to your existing ticket and we will gladly assist.
Hi Jeff - we're sorry to hear of your V10 /V9 frustrations and we certainly want to get you squared away ASAP. We were unable to locate an existing support ticket in our system, but we've passed your feedback along to our Technical Support Team and a representative will be contacting you to assist.
No CS response to support query for 15 days.
Hi David - we sincerely apologize for the delay on our end. We have located your ticket and it has been escalated. Please expect a response shortly. Thank you.
Hi David - we sincerely apologize for the delay on our end. We've escalated your ticket and have passed your feedback along to the Technical Support Team Manager.
scheduling tasks is too complicated...and seemed more problematic than older version (9)
Please contact our technical support team at your convenience and a representative will assist with any task complications you may be experiencing. https://www.goodsync.com/php/gsss/admin/?lang=en. Thank you!
Recently upon opening the software, I received a popup to install the newest upgrade. Fantastic, I thought, and allowed the download and installation. Now the program will not accept my original order number, instead telling me that I need to purchase this new version. I would have never installed the upgrade if I had known that as the original program worked fine for what I needed.
Hi Howard - thank you for reaching out. It appears as though one of our representatives was able to upgrade your license. If this is incorrect, please contact us at www.goodsync.com/support and we will gladly assist.
It often mireads files as being duplicates but are not. Very dangerous program if you assume it makes the correct decision.
Hi Arlyn - thank you for taking the time to provide a review. If you can please contact our technical support team, at your convenience, they'll be more than happy to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve any issues you have regarding misread files. www.goodsync.com/support.
To wonky and has failed backups
I am 84 years old and don't have a clue how to use the program.
Hi Gerald - Please do not hesitate to contact our technical support team as they'll be happy to address any specific questions you may have regarding GoodSync. www.goodsync.com/support. In addition, please feel free to consult the links below. https://www.goodsync.com/tutorial https://www.goodsync.com/manual
I love the early versions of GS because I want to control what I do and not use the automatic features. The newer versions have added complexity that I do not want and I find them difficult to use. I also think backup should go from left to right, but the new version seems to have it go right to left. I won't purchase another version.
Poor for the reason I bought it! I bought it to sync my PC with my Windows mobile device (mtp). It simply gets stuck and does not sync.
Thank you for reaching out. At your convenience, please contact our technical support team as they'll be more than happy to assist with any syncing issues you may be experiencing. www.goodsync.com/support.
Earlier versions of GoodSync that I used (with earlier versions of Windows) worked perfectly for me; I used only the Backup-on-logoff feature. With the new GoodSync (on Windows 10, 64-bit) the Backup-on-logoff feature no longer works, and I have to do it manually -- which I often forget. This hasn't been a problem recently, because I have written very little (I back up my works external drives), but will become a serious problem when I return to the "production line". Can someone suggest an alternative software?
Because many FTP / SFTP integration is very poor. Many bugs on scheduling. Where expected to run, sometimes fails. The support is poor too. There is a bugs that hangs the app on ftps syncs, where goodsync explorer run correctly. We purchase GoodSync but we cant use for professional use.
Hi Alessandro - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We'll have a technical representative contact you in order to see if we can resolve any of the issues you're experiencing.
Couldn't install the software and after connecting to support they say that will returned but thay didn't we tiered from calling to support , and the product disappoints not doing the job he been purchase for it. Sorry for unhappy but i feel frod .
Hi Zach - thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We've passed it along to our support team and a representative will contact you within 24 hours.
Old Need more updates
I need a backup solution that will mirror from one laptop to another, and to NAS storage. Goodsync would work occasionally, but not will enough to bet the farm on.
Hello GoodSync team, While your actual project I loved, I faced with an issue on not being able to use it on the other machines :) I was on long 3 months business trip and I could not deactivate my pc version and add GoodSync to laptop. I have another laptop now, I would buy your product once again, but I can't since I know I will most likely will change my workspace once again in a near future. Since you are an IT company, I think you could think of feature of deactivating license on one workplace just so you can add it on another. So yea I purchased GoodSync, but didn't get to use it that much. Kind regards, Vitas Kanaporis
Hi Vitas - thank you for taking the time to supply your feedback. When traveling for a period of time where you need to use GoodSync on your laptop rather than your desktop, you can certainly switch the license between machines. To do so, simply install and activate GoodSync on your laptop. This will automatically deactivate it on your desktop. When returning to your desktop, you may be prompted to reset your activations. If this happens, reset and you can then resume use on your desktop. If for any reason you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support team at www.goodsync.com/support.
GoodSync Software is rated 4.23 based on 371 reviews