Globelink International Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Globelink International Travel Insurance
Read Globelink International Travel Insurance Reviews

About Globelink International Travel Insurance:

Travel insurance for travellers & holidaymakers living in the UK & EU countries. We are a part of the Know before you go campaign, initiated by the FCO, participating in different events and trying to make travellers' lives safer, warning them about troubles and giving travelling advice.

info@globelink.co.uk

Alpi House, Suite 2, East Wing, 2nd Floor, Miles Gray Road

Tell us how Globelink International Travel Insurance made you happy
My second time using this company and find website and information excellent. Being able to rule out specific medical conditions at a very reasonable premium is why I chose this company. Very good.
Thank you for choosing Globelink Travel Insurance and we are happy you find our product suits your needs, any reason why the 2 stars? Travel safe and worry-free!
I was delighted to find a good price for a policy which covered my existing conditions as standard .I was much less pleased to be quoted £14 each for 2 very minor subsequent conditions with only 6 weeks left on the policy. These occurred after the booking of a holiday. My bank insurance advised me that for them this meant they would be covered free of charge and anyway regarded as insignificant conditions. The medical line for Globelink grilled me at length and put me to the trouble of checking the date my holiday was booked .Immaterial as they wanted to charge irrespective. If these charges were pro rata for a year in my estimate I would have had to pay about £300 to cover a tiny patch of dermatitis the size of a fingernail and asymptomatic diverticulosis only detected by a routine test. Needless to say I have not renewed for this year.
Thank you for your feedback on the recent medical screening for any newly diagnosed pre-existing medical conditions outside the normal terms of the policy and wish you many more enjoyable trips in the future.
I had to ring the Medical Screening people and found this most unhelpful. The questions were obviously a standard set and mostly were irrelevant to my condition and on that basis a most unfair decision was made. An unacceptable situation. Why didn't I go elsewhere? good question - mostly couldn't be bothered. But certainly NOT because I think globelink is great...
We have worked hard to have most common and well controlled medical conditions covered as standard on all of our policies, on our No Screen list, but others that are outside that list will need a call to screening to see if additional cover can be added (if required) to these terms, we hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
The initial contact and emails about various things were answered promptly. Since trying to make a claim however, things have gone awry. I emailed and received an email asking for a lot of information so that I would receive the correct claim form. When I returned from holiday I filled all the necessary information in and sent the email. I have since emailed again to chase up a response but sadly still no response to this email either. I have allowed time to cover the bank holiday weekend but surely 6 days should be should to receive at the very least a reply of some sort!
Dear Mrs. Moore,
We have forwarded your comments to Rightpath Claims today and asked for an update of any claims/emails you have sent them, we will keep you posted on their response via email, if you have any other questions do pop us an email to globelink@globelink.co.uk
I have arrived at my destination without my luggage. I have filed a claim. It has been several days since. All I have received from you is a confirmation email. Nobody has called or written or reached out to tell me what to expect, what I can or should do, and certainly, nobody from your end has provided any sort of support whatsoever. Thus far this entire situation is unnecessarily aggravated by my insurance company's lack of interest in what is happening. I have told you my luggage is missing. And that my medication is inside it. And that my personal on-board supply runs out on Friday. And that I have no clothes except for what I was wearing when I left home on the day of travel. Maybe this is normal in your industry. If so, then I apologise. Somehow I thought it was different. Thank you
Dear Mr Goriainoff,

We are very sorry to hear of your lost luggage. We assume you contacted the claims handler Rightpath. Please email/message us privately so we can continue assisting you, however - to provide immediate support: the Comprehensive policy covers up to £150 for emergency replacement of clothing/medication/toiletries if your baggage is temporarily lost in transit on the outward journey and not returned to you within 12 hours, (keep receipts to claim), as long as you get written confirmation from the airline confirming the number of hours delay. Please ensure you completed a ‘Property Irregularity Report’ with the Airline - this is essential to help them trace your luggage and return it to you at your location as soon as possible.
Kind regards, Globelink Travel team.
i do not have a contract and i can pay with paypall
Dear Mariam,
Online purchases are paid using Worldpay, a secure payment system which accepts most Credit or Debit cards and PayPal, we can see that you did purchase a travel insurance policy with us on 13/05/2017, if you have any questions or queries on this policy please email us at globelink@globelink.co.uk and we will be happy to help.
I asked a question on renewal of my policy and I'm still waiting.
Dear Mr Cummings, we received your email during the Easter Bank holiday break, your endorsement has now been issued and sent back to you via email.
Bare minimum! Globelink offer the bare minimum in terms of service. I missed a flight in Dubai because a taxi driver drove me to the wrong airport...the others I travelled with all had their new flight tickets reimbursed. I didn't because Globelink insisted I present a signed letter by the taxi company confirming they screwed up...as you can imagine, I wasn't able to get the taxi company to agree to sign a letter and admit fault. Will not use ever again.
Thank you for your comments, unfortunately, the circumstances of a claim do have to be substantiated before reimbursement can be made.
I got an email from your company where they told me that my travel insurance will cover from 21.2.17 until 23.5.17. I bought it on the phone. When I got certificate, they where 21.2-21.5.17. Where is missing 2 days? Regards Raimo Myllykangas raimo.myllykangas @hotmail.com
Dear Raimo, I can see a note was added to your policy to cover you until your return home on 23/05/2017, we hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
How I can submit a review when you can only ever tell if an insurance you chosen is any good when you come to claim!!!!!!!!! That's when you know if it's useful!
Dear Miss Burke,
We appreciate any feedback from our customers to improve all aspects of our service, including Globelink website, online quotation system and customers’ support. We hope you have a safe trip.
The big problem is your buying process. Clicking on the buy link I go from your very nicely designed site to a page that looks like it's been hacked asking for my money. Then I'm transferred to a completely different domain where I have to put in my password for the credit card. I checked this new domain online but despite the very questionable layout and look and domain name it's a legitimate site; however many people will surely think it's some kind of middle-man hack and their card details are being harvested. I nearly did.
Dear Mr. Sutton,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our website is secure as you will see the HTTPS lock symbol on the browser, however, for customers added security we do not take the payment, this is handled by a company called Worldpay who are a secure server set up internationally to take online payments, by card or via PayPal and they will immediately email you a payment receipt to confirm your transaction, that way any payment details not accessible either by ourselves or anyone else at any time.
Said I was going on a six day trip to the UK. But when the policy came through it said it was for 10 days. When I telephoned to complain I was told that the minimum policy was for 10 days. Not happy because I was not told this at the time of taking out the policy. If I had been told this I would have obtained other quotations from elsewhere. Additionally the person to whom I complained appeared totally disinterested. Not happy or impressed.
We offer quotations based on your travel dates and all policies must cover your entire round trip, our Economy and Regular polices are for up to 5 days then up to 10 days per trip, with comprehensive starting up to 8 day per trip, you do have the 14 days cooling off period if you are not happy with the policy you may contact us and we will cancel the cover and issue you with a refund of your premium paid.
Buying the insurance was easy and the price was good, when I needed treatment in the USA getting the treatment was not easy because we had to contact someone called Mayday this process was very difficult i.e phone kept ringing no one answered it. Eventually I did get treatment and gave the details to the hospital as we were instructed by Mayday. Now before I go any further the insurance policy says "contact the 24 hour emergency assistance service do not try to find your own solution" I was lying unconscious on the floor bleeding from a head wound and my wife was phoning your emergency number and getting no response, this not acceptable. Eventually I had my treatment and was sent back to the hotel. This treatment was on the 18/05/2015. When we arrived home after the holiday my wife filled in various forms on the internet and was informed the claim ($724-00) would be paid. In the December of 2015 we received a letter from the hospital stating the claim had not been paid and that they would be pursuing us for the money. We contacted the claims department and they said we had to fill all the forms in again which they sent through the post this time we complied with this and thought that would be the end of it. Two months later we had another threatening letter asking for the money, I phoned Reactive Claims (February) and they assured me the claim would be paid in a few days. I received another letter from the hospital and I phoned Reactive Claims on 23rd March and was told the bill had been paid. Received more threatening letters from the hospital phoned Reactive Claims on 18th August (spoke to Amber) and was told the bill was paid on the 5th August. So I was told the bill was being paid in February, that it was already paid on the 23rd March and then was told it was paid on the 5th of August, do Reactive Claims really know what they are doing. My wife and I should not have this amount of hassle over a claim.
Dear Mr. Rands, thank you for the feedback which we do value and we are so sorry to hear of your injury and subsequent difficulties. Mayday provide a 24 hour service and are successfully contacted by thousands of customers each year, we will check why you had issues calling them. Regarding the hospital bills, unfortunately it is a notoriously unpleasant trait of US hospitals to persistently chase and threaten patients for bill payment. This can happen even after bills are paid due to poor communication with their automated credit control systems. We agree with you that you should expect a hassle-free claims service - which is what our Medical Assistance and Claims Handlers usually provide - and we are sorry that this didn’t happen for you on this occasion. Please don’t hesitate to contact us further if you wish on info@globelink.co.uk / +44 (0)1353 699082
as an existing customer it was very difficult to renew with a different coverage from last year
Dear Mr. Earle,
We are sorry to know you found the renewal process difficult and we are always happy to help you with a quick call to the office where the staff are happy to talk you through any questions or queries for online purchases or direct purchases.
I'm waiting for all documents for my holiday insurance to arrive. If you send it by e mail I'll down load them. Jean Bennett
Dear Mrs. Bennett,
The full Travel insurance documents are sent to you by email immediately after the purchase. If you are still having problems with the email please contact us and we can check your details and if needed arrange the documents to be sent by another method.
it was put on my policy that I have had a malignancy which is not true. I now have a note on the system to say its not true but really should have been issued with a new policy
Dear Mrs. Cerf,
We are sorry you experienced such inconvenience. The issue was dealt with in the best way we could.
Tried to renew the policy online but having gone through all the questions it did not sibmit. No reason was given so I don't know if I missed something or timed out or what. Ended up having to ring UK.
Mr. Dent, our Globelink staff are always happy to help. Thank you for your feedback.
Although the insurance covered most of my treated medical conditions some of your statements are ambiguous or misleading. Your staff when I phoned to get a clearer honest opinion admitted they were NOT qualified to give an answer. Hypertension and elevated Cholesterol levels when treated in many cases resort to normal levels (like mine) even on the lowest dose of medication. Your information does not cover this scenario and there is no one qualified to advise. Alan V Latimer BSc., M.I.B.M.S (Haem) Biomedical Scientist (retired)
Thank you, Mr. Latimer, your true opinion is very important to us. Oh, how we wish we could cover everyone at normal terms, however, the Underwriters choose to offer Medical Screening for clients who have Pre-Existing medical conditions on an individual basis which the majority of our clients have found to be beneficial.
Globelink International Travel Insurance is rated 4.52 based on 1,205 reviews