Globelink International Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Globelink International Travel Insurance
Read Globelink International Travel Insurance Reviews

About Globelink International Travel Insurance:

Travel insurance for travellers & holidaymakers living in the UK & EU countries. We are a part of the Know before you go campaign, initiated by the FCO, participating in different events and trying to make travellers' lives safer, warning them about troubles and giving travelling advice.

info@globelink.co.uk

Alpi House, Suite 2, East Wing, 2nd Floor, Miles Gray Road

Tell us how Globelink International Travel Insurance made you happy
Well I have to say it’s uselles... I am saying that because I was recently in hospital really infected and in bad condition. I payed with my own money when you should pay directly while i am in hospital. And I provided with all the info I have but you will still not give me my mmoney nay back. I will definitely not recommend this company
Globelink use a 24-Hour Medical Assistance Team to call for help and assistance with medical treatment needed while travelling, for low cost medical claims such as local doctor’s treatment you may pay and reclaim the costs via the claims handlers online. If you are still having problem do pop us an email via the link - https://www.globelink.co.uk/contact-us.html
I have not received any documents relating to my holiday Insurance commencing 3rd November to St Lucia. regards Problem solved amicably, thank you.
Thank you for informing us regarding a problem you faced, Ms. Roxburgh. Your documents were resent to you again via email. We hope you have safe and pleasant trip.
Globelink got my age wrong in the certificate twice. The first time I thought I made a mistake and input the wrong date but then the second time it still put the age 26 rather 27 in the certificate. I need this document for a visa application and obviously can not go with the wrong details. I will not be using this service again and ideally would like a refund for two incorrect certificates.
Thanks for the feedback.
Your Insurance Certificate will state your Age as at the date of Issue. So your age as it is today. It looks like the age on your Certificate is correct given the date of birth you provided. If you prefer, we can provide a full refund on one or both Certificates within 14 days of purchase (provided you haven’t travelled yet). Please email us on globelink@globelink.co.uk with your name, address and date of birth and let us know what your preference is and we will sort it.
Thanks, Globelink Team.
All I wanted was a QUOTE for travel insurance for myself and my partner who had a pre-existing medical condition. But you wouldn't allow me to get just a simple quote because you had to get him to talk on the phone even though I know all of the details of his condition. He works long days and is unable to be on the phone at work. Ridiculous.
Due to the recent changes in the use of personal data and data protection the medical screening team will need to speak to person the medical screening is for to confirm authorisation so that the caller can answer the medical questions on their behalf or go through the screening directly with the customer personally.
difficult to use website, and then asking for a review before the trip
Thank you for your feedback. We ask for Reviews on the purchase experience so we can improve the website for customers. Email us at globelink@globelink.co.uk to tell us more on what you found difficult, as this is unusual feedback for us.
It would be good to have a travel insurance policy?
We have a record of you purchasing a policy on the 30th July 2018 which is why you have been asked to submit your review on the service you received.
I made a claim 3 month ago , then Globlink ask me additional documents, i sended them month ago ..... themn i write 2 emails ...no answers :((( ... of course - no payment !!!! Just ignore me !!!
This s not the usual service provided by our Claims Handler. Please email us on globelink@globelink.co.uk and confirm who you have contacted. In the meantime we have assumed that this is ‘Rightpath Claims’ and we have asked them to contact you urgently to resolve your claim. Kind regards, Globelink Travel Team.
Woman on the phone so rude and patronising. Completely put me off Globe Link. Sounded like she'd had a bad day and was taking it out on the customers. Cheer up, love!
Thank you for your feedback which is very helpful to us. We are sorry you feel the person you spoke to was below par on your call but we hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Your claims handler, Rightpath is trying everything possible to deny a valid claim of ours. Their claims reference is Z069390. We paid the premium to you for this insurance, so either intervene with your claims handler and resolve this matter, OR, we will institute proceedings against yourselves in 14 days time (ie on 3rd May 2017) for selling fraudulent insurance policies!
Under the strict rules set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) we are not able to handle or influence claims, as these are handled directly by the Claim Handlers, appointed by the Underwriters on our behalf, however, we wish to assist as far as we are able and have requested that Rightpath review your claim as swiftly as possible.
The lady who answered the phone when I called seeking advice regarding buying a policy could not have been more rude and unprofessional. She seemed to want to be somewhere else, gave me completely the wrong information and dismissed me as if I was irrelevant. Clearly she is in the wrong job and should look elsewhere. I ended up being transferred to the underwriter who could not have been more helpful and professional. He took time to explain things, clarified that the lady who answered the phone was completely wrong, apologised for how I had been treated by her and made me realise that if I had believed her then I would have been in a very difficult situation. The 1* is because the underwriter does not work for Globelink.
We are sorry to hear that your initial query wasn’t handled to your satisfaction and will, of course, follow up on your comments but are pleased to hear that the Underwriter of the policy who you were passed over to was able to clarify your specific insurance needs and that you continued to purchase the insurance through Globelink.
Insurance is great until you need to claim Global link outsource their claims management to a company called Reactive Claims. Reactive claims are presumably incentivised by paying out the absolute minimum % on any claim they manage. In my one experience with them they deliberately/unethically/fraudulently misinterpreted the policy/ lied to me/ tried to outsmart me and generally did everything they could to avoid paying a valid claim. Eventually, after three iterations and me threatening legal action, we went from a proposed settlement of 15% of my claim to 85% but this was incredibly, incredibly, frustrating. People wonder why there is no confidence in the insurance system
Under the strict FCA rules to which we, and all other Insurers adhere to, we are not authorised to directly handle our customers Claims, the policy Underwriters, ANV Lloyds Syndicate 1861 have appointed FCA Regulated Claims handlers to deal directly with customers on our behalf either for 24 Medical Emergency Assistance or any other form of Claims Assistance, we are so sorry in this instance your claim was not handled within the high level of service we expect for our customers. If you would like to email us personally we can take your points up directly with the claims handers themselves – globelink@globelink.co.uk
No confirmation of being insured . No documentation on line. Oh sorry confirmation that our money was taken out! Nice.
Dear Mr. Moreno,
Your travel insurance documents are available after you make a purchase via the website and they are immediately sent to the email address you used. In case you haven’t received them, please call our office and we’ll gladly re-send them to you.
I asked a question to confirm weather snorkling was covered in the policy rather than going through all the small print. She laughed out allowed, not what I expected or customer serviced I expected.
I am sorry your enquiry was not handled to your satisfaction, I hope that you were supplied with the details of the large list of Adventurer activities that are covered as standard on all Globelink policies and guided to the section in the Policy Wording that provides you with a full and detailed list of what is covered which does include Snorkelling.
A friend had recommended Globelink for ex-pat insurance so I checked the website and it seemed to meet our needs for cover. However I had a query about the extra 'valuables' cover and when I rang to enquire about it my call was answered by a woman who showed a complete lack of interest in helping me with my query. I came away with the impression that I was just being a 'nuisance', to the extent that I decided to look for alternative policies. As it was I decided eventually to take out a policy with you as I could find no easier alternative.
Dear Mrs. Langlois, We are sorry you feel we did not help satisfactorily to your query, but we do hope you enjoy many trips covered by your Globelink Annual Travel Insurance policy for the next 12 months.
Tried to telephone and had a message service stating office closed for Bank holiday which was Monday 2nd May BUT I was 'phoning on 8th May. Not impressed
Dear Mrs Stephenson,
We are sorry that we had not changed the weekend answer phone message from the previous bank holiday hours, this was immediately rectified and we apologise for the error.
The real test of travel insurance is what happens when you make a claim. On past experience, Globelnk, like all other companies, I suspect, do everything they can to avoid paying out. And marks lost for asking for a review before the policy even starts. (You did ask...)
Dear Mrs. Lynas, As you have been a Globelink customer continually for the past 5 years you would be able to offer a comprehensive review of our product and service, I cannot trace any details of you making a claim again any of your Travel Insurance policies with us but I do hope that if you do our Claims Team do not live up to your expectations !! We wish many more safe trips in the future.
Could not renew my policy online much to my disappointment. There was an error occurring where I would select the 18-50 age bracket at step 1, then at step 4 I would enter my DOB being 1986, the error being these don't match - what garbage. Hence I sent in a help request from your website - no contact for 3 days until I finally managed to ring through myself. The first number provided on the website is garbage and the answering machine dialogue sounds like they lady is not that interested in your service. FYI the hours provided aren't extensive. I rang the second phone number which was recommended in the voice mail. This worked. I managed to renew my policy, however the lady on the phone couldn't get rid of me fast enough, and in the process the policy I wanted was not actually the one I received.
Dear Mr. Walsgott,
We sorry to hear you were not happy with the insurance renewal process, the office is not currently open at weekends however, the website is available 24 hours and is usually able to provide a travel insurance policy immediately and claims contact details if needed.

I can see from our records only one email from yourself received on a Monday at 19.46 asking for a call on your mobile number, this was made to you on Tuesday morning, your policy was purchased from your subsequent return call to the office and was issued based upon the same details and trip duration as your current Annual Multi trip policy as summarised on your earlier renewal letter. Upon receipt of the Travel Insurance documentation we do ask every client to check the details are correct and make sure you are happy with your purchase, when you notified us via email you wanted a change in your new travel insurance policy, this implemented immediately and was cancelled and re-issued with your new travel plans with 2 hours of receipt of the initial email request.
Globelink International Travel Insurance is rated 4.52 based on 1,205 reviews