Go Girl Reviews

of reviewers recommend Go Girl
Own Driver, Postal Service
customer service

Tell us how Go Girl made you happy
When I got an insurance quote from Go Girl for my car that was much less than other quotes I was a little sceptical, but my Yorkshire blood overruled my thought processes and the idea of saving money won through, so I purchased the policy (Policy No: HIPY14PC01). Big mistake!!!! On the first day of the policy I downloaded my insurance documents from their portal and realised I had made a mistake and some how excluded commuting from the cover. No idea how that happened, but clearly it did and I had to call them to rectify the issue as I need my car to travel to work. While the support person was very helpful, I was charged £20 for the extra cover - fair enough, but then an additional £25 for amending my policy. I asked if they might be able to wave the policy seeing as I purchased the policy yesterday and I was half a day into it, but they refused and I therefore got hit with an additional £45 fee. Yes, it was my mistake, but if Go Girl want me as a future customer they should have waved the admin fee, so at the end of this policy I will not be renewing. My wife also has her car insured with Go Girl, so that will also not be renewed. Question to Go Girl? Was the admin fee of £25 really worth the loss of two insurance policies? The rip-off fees are clearly why Go Girl is able to charge lower premiums than others. I would urge anyone considering using Go Girl to check the policy charges, especially those for cancelling your policy! I considered doing this, but this was also a £45 fee! So much for a cooling off period!
Hi Paul, Thank you for leaving a review and supplying your policy reference number. We are sorry to hear of the issue raised and will take a look. A member of the team will be in touch in due course. Many thanks.
Direct debit didnt went through. Not my bank fault. So I recieved an email that payment didn't went through. So I rang them to ask whats happen, answer was they not sure, so anyway when I told I want to pay. They told I will be charged for late payment it was 4 days late and it was 26£ or something. So be aware of hidden fees!
Hi Ray, sorry to hear this. In order for us to investigate and locate the correct policy please can you send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk? Many thanks.
If I could give zero stars I would. They rip you off big time. Tried to cancel after 6 days of setting up the policy which wasn’t meant to start for another 7 days after that and said there was a cancellation fee. By Law everyone gets a 14 day cooling off period and my policy hadn’t even started so I hadn’t even been covered by them. I was still covered by another company and you can’t be covered by two policies. Firstly wanted to charge me £45 and when I questioned it reduced it to £25. Why the sudden change. ripping off some people more than others. I am also going to Citizen advice as I think it’s unfair paying for something I haven’t used and cancelling with enough notice before it even started. Will be staying clear of this company in the future and warning others of how your treated.
Hi Jordan, We are sorry to see this review. Please can you send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk and we will investigate? Thanks in advance.
Before I begin, if I could give zero stars, I would. Difficult to deal with right from the off, been with them 4 years, so I would expect some kind of appreciation when dealing with Go Girl. Just bought a new car, and merely wanted to change the car details on the policy. The new car is 7 years newer, yet wanted to charge me £521 for the privelage. Absolute clowns. They'll try and charge you for absolutely anything with regards to your policy. Never took payments on agreed date, then threatened cancellation, despite it being their error. "Give your car insurance a makeover"? Erm, no frigging thank you. Policy cancelled with immediate affect, very very disappointed. Take heed, and go elsewhere.
Hi John, Sorry to see this review and to hear of the issues you have mentioned. Thank you for your custom over the past 4 years. Please can we trouble you to send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk in order for us to locate the policy record and investigate accordingly. Many thanks.
Discrimination this like, if I say I identify as a woman do I get insurance?
Hi There, sorry to see this review but pleased be advised we do not discriminate and insure both men and women. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to email us at gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk. Many thanks.
Dont bother! Had the worst experience with this company! Glad the year is now up, wont be using them ever again, and there customer service and manners is disgusting!
Hi There, we are sorry to see this review and would like to investigate what has occurred here. Please can you send us some more information along with your policy number to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk? Thanks in advance.
Rip off company. Tried to cancel after 5 weeks and wanted 28% of premium paid and £25 admin fee. No leeway, no sympathy, just reverted to T's & C's Avoid at all costs
Hi Mark, Sorry to see this review. We have also received this review via a different site and have responded. Please send a policy number to gorilfeedback@sabre.co.uk in order for us to locate the correct policy and investigate. Thanks in advance.
Be aware of this insurance company I i wish I had an option so I could give them zero star.
Hi there, sorry to see this. If you would like to drop us an email to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk with your details then we would be happy to look into any issues that you have to raise.
I have just been told buy Go Girl because a delay in receiving my new log from the DVLA that Go girl has cancelled my car insurance and deducted £400.00 from my premium of £2000.oo which I paid in full. looks like I have been conned by Go girl who now don't want the copy of my log book. I am going to issue a county court summons to recover my money from Go Girl, I would suggest they are not a good insurance company and I would not recommend this company at all to anyone looking for car insurance, they are a scam company.
Hi Mike,
We are very sorry to see your review. Please could you send us an email to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk with your policy number, so we can investigate this.
Kind Regards
Hi Mike, We are sorry to see this review and to hear of the issues you've raised. Please can you send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk and we will investigate this. Thanks in advance.
Hilarious to be asked to write a review just as the very company I've just spent £1300 with refuses to give me access to the documents!!! Data protection gone mad. I set up the account. I am the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle and I paid for the policy. The system doesnt then send you a link to activate your online portal and when you phone customer services they cant give you access as its my daughter as the named driver. Crap system admin
Hi There, Sorry to see this review. Please email us at gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk along with the policy number and we will try to assist. Many thanks.
Unfortunately Go Girl may able to remove this from Public sight. If not, everyone who thinks of insuring cars through this company needs to aware its unethical, immoral and totally unjustifiable practice of charging in excess of £50 for the removal of a named driver from a policy. I guess it achieves the right result for the company, as it simply isn't worth it from the individual's point of you. The only negative that company should consider is how this approach further tarnishes an already "shady" industry.
Hi Chris, we are sorry to see your review. Please could we trouble you to send us an email to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk with your policy number, so we can look into this.
Kind Regards.
Go girl! Go and get another insurance ... When I searched the internet for Go Girl's reputation I had no idea what they could do with their client. It was an attractive price for my insurance and had a reasonable reputation with Google, so I trusted and insured my car. I put all the pertinent information (I have a driver's license from another country for 17 years, 14 consecutive years insurance without claim) and so far so good. But after paying the first installment, came the surprise. A 25% increase in price for not accepting to be insurance from another country (they knew when they approved the budget by Comparethemarket, nothing was omitted!) And now when taking my full driver's license, they will do a new I add to my insurance. (again they knew I didn't have a UK Driver License) and yet they made the cheapest offer! Summary: The price will be good at first, but once you get it done and no longer have the patience and time to research another insurer, they will beat it and make your insurance the most expensive. Go girl! Go and get another insurance from another company.
Hi Samuel, We are sorry to hear of the issues you've mentioned and would like to investigate this. In order for us to locate the policy please can you send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk? Many thanks.
had a good year of insurance, was in process of purchasing my renewal, got a email for an additional fee which would be cheaper for me to cancel and go elsewhere, when asked what this fee was, never understood and stated this after the phone call and asked for more information via email and the customer service completely ignored I asked this. Currently waiting for a refund which I was told would take 3 working days, here I am on the 5th working day
Hi There, We are sorry to see this review and would like to investigate this further. Please can you send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk? Thanks in advance.
I phoned today to change the policy I took out 2 days ago because my daughter, who was on my policy as an additional driver, had passed her test. Despite the fact that I was completely removing a learner driver from my policy you charged me an extra £50! Less risk equals more cost with Go Girl obviously! Shameful!
Hi Catherine, sorry to see this review. Please can you send a policy reference to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk and we will take a look. Many thanks.
Abysmal and unfriendly customer services, no customer focus at all, just want your money. Was charged for accidentally cancelling the wrong direct debit (I cancelled new policy by mistake rather than old) but made the payment by card just 1 day later and reinstated the direct debit. First offence and genuine mistake but customer services inflexible, unfriendly (bordering on rude) and unhelpful. Complaints process much the same. I hate to think of the experience should you actually need to claim. AVOID THIS DREADFUL COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
Hi Karen, We are sorry to see this review and would like to investigate this further. Please can you send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk? Many thanks.
I called to cancel my policy a month before it was due for renewal and received an email from the company to confirm they had received instruction not to renew my policy. Subsequently a payment was taken from my bank account for a new policy. I called go girl to ask why this had happened and ask for the money to be returned to my account. They accepted that they had received the instruction NOT to renew my policy and put it down to human error, I was then told it would take roughly a week for the money to be returned to me. A week later and I still have not received a refund of the money that should not have been taken from my account. Again I called the contact centre and this time was told that there should have been a request put in for a refund which hadn't happened and it would now take up to a further 7 days for a refund to be processed and in my account. I am extremely dissatisfied with this service and it has left me feeling like I have been stolen from and my requests (although have been dealt with by trained customer service people) have been totally ignored and I am still left out of pocket. They have told me that any bank charges incurred will be reimbursed but this to me should be a given as I would not have incurred these if it weren't for their errors. Would not reccomend this company purely for the errors they have made, this would concern me greatly now if I had to actually make a claim.
Hi Emma, Sorry to hear of the issues you have mentioned in the review. Please can we trouble you to send a policy number or vehicle registration to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk in order for us to locate the policy record and investigate. Many thanks.
Just got a quote for £16,000 a year. Avoid!
Hi There, thanks for the review and apologies to hear we've not been competitive for you. Please can you email a quote reference to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk?. Thanks in advance.
We had to use the insurance after my son suffered a prang. They were terrible at updating us, we had to phone them every time. We heard from the car hire company that the car had been written off. It remains to be seen if they deal with the financial side with more professionalism. I would not recommend them
Hi There, Thank you for leaving us a review and apologies to hear of the experience you have had so far. In order for us to investigate and feedback to the relevant department please can you send a policy number or claims reference to gogirlfeedback@sabre.co.uk? Many thanks.
DREADFUL MONEY STEALING UNFAIR CROOKS