GardenSite Reviews

of reviewers recommend GardenSite
Read GardenSite Reviews

About GardenSite:

Established in 1999, GardenSite has been selling thousands of gardening products online for over 18 years, and the family-owned business has been within the garden industry since 1952 - Assuring you that their expert advice, customer service and product knowledge is trustworthy and valuable. That's why so many customers choose to buy from GardenSite each and every day and why you'll find real and honest reviews right here on their Reviews.co.uk profile page.

The online garden centre boasts thousands of home and garden products ranging from garden sheds, greenhouses, pond pumps and supplies, fish and aquariums, garden furniture and structures, barbecues, outdoor lighting and much more. So whatever you need for your garden, GardenSite will most certainly stock it!

customercare@gardensite.co.uk

Tell us how GardenSite made you happy
Absolutely shocking service and after sales. Had a faulty product for less than 2 hours, nightmare to get them to believe you, let alone return quickly. Advised it the product is found working, we would have to pay to get returned. What a surprise, we were advised, it was working and in order to get the uv returned, we would have to pay. We only had their word, that nothing was done to the product, whilst in their care. It definitely was NOT working, when we had it.

We will not buy anything from them again and I would advise, to shop elsewhere. This Company has quite a number of very unhappy customers.
Order No. 333579: 3 weeks after paying £420 for a Shed: they cancelled my offer. Offered refund, and 5% discount off option to re-purchase alternative 7x7 wooden shed (RRP £529).
Asked for the alternative, as a replacement at no extra cost (Consumer Rights Act 2015).
Rather than supply at cost, David Coton (Partner) refused. "We have Thousands of Customers: I can`t keep them all happy".
When I asked if he was familiar with Trading Standards and County Court options; for me to pursue a resolution to his Company breaking their Sales Contract: "I can give you the Guys name at TS, and I`ve had CCJ`s before".
Greedy, Flippant, Ignorant, Unsympathetic and Criminal. AVOID!!
Greedy, Flippant, Ignorant, Unsympathetic and Criminal. AVOID!!
Greenhouse delivered missing 2 sets of key parts. Useless service from Gardensite. Uncaring and unresponsive.
Awful customer service. Bought a greenhouse which was delivered with key parts missing. Response is you will just have to wait until denmark sends replacement parts. They just dont care. Avoid this company!
rubbish company not to be trusted do not purchase anything from these people they do not reply to phone calls or emails after they have hold of your money avoid at all costs
do not use this company they do not operate as they would like you to believe they do not reply to phone calls or emails after they have taken your money avoid at all costs they are not to be trusted
No communication, state on there web site three day dilivery, don't answer the phone, don't respond to emails, if you carnt supply item then don't advertise it, having to go through pay pal now to get refund, never buy from this company again
Super disappointed. Ordered a statue and it came in good time. The delivery man wouldn't drive down to the house but did reluctantly agree to take it off it's pallet so I just had to carry it in the wooden box, more awkward than heavy but the delivery man could have been more helpful as I was on my own. He was actually going to drop the pallet off on the side of the road and leave me with it.
When I unpacked it I noticed a mark in the statue that was on the front and so obvious when looking at it. I emailed Gardensite immediately as their customer service lines were unreachable and now I have emailed twice since the 15/5 and although I get an automatice confirmation email of receipt I have heard nothing from them how they are going to resolve the issue. I doubt I will ever hear from them so now I have a statue with a mark in it, won't be able to use them ever again and left thinking I should escalate through the mastercard provider I used. I wouldn't use this supply.
This company is a joke. Ordered a garden statue over a month ago, with a delivery date as a birthday present. The £319 taken instantly from my bank account but despite repeated emails and telephone calls (With lame recorded response on the other end) not a single acknowledge of my communication. I'm now in the process of seeking a refund and will update my experience on this site. #rubbish
The installation instructions are utterly abysmal. For example, the introduction mentions "plastic concrete pipes of about 800mm which are placed in a non-freezing depth for the fastening of the corner and/or middle anchors" - I guess they may mean "plastic OR concrete" but 800mm seems an extraordinary depth considering the length of the anchors. Also there is no mention of the required diameter of these pipes. Most of the "instructions" are simple diagrams that often only hint at the required sequence of construction. Fortunately, you can find helpful videos on YouTube but Halls don't tell you about them.
shocking customer service ordered a shed and decking 2nd April was given the delivery date 8th may ok I suppose due to covid 19 outbreak but didn't turn up no communication next day only shed arrived and told decking didn't get loaded onto van but delivery driver said the decking was out of stock I contacted them they said it would be delivered 11th nothing came no communication yet again then was told out of stock demanded the return of my money paid for decking now the 14th heard nothing more and still waiting for my money I'm seeking legal advice now to seek more advice on this terrible experience seems a case of false advertising and falsely holding my money stay well clear this is worst experience I've ever received by a mile and they dont seem bothered just blame others all.the time
RUBBISH ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. Service and product.
On the 2nd of April 2020 I ordered a Yardmaster pent shed. After taking delivery after 2 weeks (as COVID 19 was an issue I didn't mind) I began to erect the shed. The roof section was first and it didn't line up so I had to fiddle about with it and after drilling numerous extra holes I managed to sort the roof. Then the rest of it didn;t go to plan as it should have. I managed to make it all fit but not perfectly as the sliding doors don't close fully. I had to drill countless more holes to make it fit especially along the bottom long edge at the back.I also had to get my tin snips the modify 2 rails before I could put the sliding doors on! The instructions were the worst I have ever seen bearing in mind I have done this sort of home DIY for over 30 years. I contacted Gardensite and was promised a call back to help, it did not happen. I contacted Yardmaster and left a voicemail with their promise of a return call, nothing happened. This is the worst service I have ever had! Don't bother and go elsewhere!
Arrived sooner than I thought. Quick responses to my emails. Looks brilliant in my back yard. Very pleased.
Excellent service and advice ordered automatic vent for greenhouse and arrived very quick the people were very helpful would recommend using them very helpful
Very pleased with new Hyundai Self Propelled Electric Start Mower ordered late on 23rd June Delivered Noon on 25th, easy to assemble, put battery on charge, cut lawn same evening, started easy and excellent finish. Sales No GL40343866. Terry S.
Garden Site should be Avoided at all costs unless of course, you want to have the same terrible experience as myself.
Customer Service AFTER purchase is the worst I have ever experienced.
They do not read messages or comply with Statutory Rights or Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
I received a Halls Metal Greenhouse that after only a few minutes after opening needed the metal drilling and sawing in many places. It was not fit for retail sale and should never be sold.
Garden Site Customer Service was incredibly evasive and only offered a refund IF I had not opened the package AND paid £120 carriage to return. APAULLING CUSTOMER SERVICE and illegal.
Luckily my bank supported me after seeing my photographs and I got a full refund from the bank, but I had to pay £82.13 to return!
So your Choice whether or not to buy from Garden Site!
Dear Stephen Price,

Thank you for your one-star review on Reviews.co.uk and other review websites.

As explained, the Halls Metal Greenhouse does require drilling to secure the building to a hardstanding base area, and this is clear in the manufacturer instructions which are also published pre-purchase on the product page.

We attempted to help you by giving installation advice and explaining how to secure the greenhouse down, but it was clear that you were unable to install the product to the manufacturer's instructions.

We work within the law and make clear within our returns policy that the cost of a return will be deducted from any refund unless you are able to return the goods at your own costs. This is what you opted to do, and as this was a bulky, heavy item (a Greenhouse), the costs are a lot higher than for a small parcel. At the time of detailing these costs and working with you to give you all available options, you opened a "Paypal" dispute which we resolved and issued a full refund following your return.

As a 60+ year old family business, we always try to provide a high level of customer service. I am sorry to read you were appalled by the service you received, having invested further it is of my opinion you were appalled by the return cost, and a cost we do not profit from.

Our reviews remain Genuine from Genuine customers and for other customers reading this review and our others you certainly always have a choice, I hope GardenSite will be your choice and the right choice. We are here 7 days a week should anyone wish to discuss your requirements further.

Kind regards
David Coton / Partner
This was tricky to fit and needed two of us to do it, and adjustment took time. However, now that it is in place the greenhouse window opener works brilliantly.
Good service, fairly quick delivery. The delivery chap was extremely helpful and took the shed through to where I was going to build it.
The shed was typical flat pack and, as such, I had to raid my screw collection to complete the build, not enough in the packet.
Good solid shed once built though, quite happy with the result.
They listened to my requirement , double checked sizes etc and delivered when promised . Excellent customer service. Thankyou
GardenSite is rated 4.02 based on 139 reviews