GardenSite Reviews

of reviewers recommend GardenSite
Over 7 Days
Read GardenSite Reviews

About GardenSite:

Established in 1999, GardenSite has been selling thousands of gardening products online for over 18 years, and the family-owned business has been within the garden industry since 1952 - Assuring you that their expert advice, customer service and product knowledge is trustworthy and valuable. That's why so many customers choose to buy from GardenSite each and every day and why you'll find real and honest reviews right here on their Reviews.co.uk profile page.

The online garden centre boasts thousands of home and garden products ranging from garden sheds, greenhouses, pond pumps and supplies, fish and aquariums, garden furniture and structures, barbecues, outdoor lighting and much more. So whatever you need for your garden, GardenSite will most certainly stock it!

customercare@gardensite.co.uk

Tell us how GardenSite made you happy
we bought the garden metal shed and it not of good quality, the company charges £90 for return the item , there is no one listen like citizen advice bureau that action need to be taken why they cahrge so much ,does it make sense as other comapnies charges only £30 max , very bad company to deal , worst experience of life.
Bought the Charles Tylor Dorset 3 seater seat swing. Despite covid and material shortages it was still delivered within the stated time. Very happy with the swing, robust and looks good. Assembly took about half an hour, although we only realised it was done when we saw the delivery van drive away! Bought from The Garden Site as they gave the most detailed descriptions of any site selling this as well as the best prices. Good all round experience and quality garden furniture, would happily be our first choice if buying again.
Delivery company used is just dreadful. Ordered garden furniture on 25th April finally received in August after a lot of emails. The delivery company had incorrect phone number for their first attempt, but correct three numbers for their following three attempts. We received NO phone calls, there is someone at the property at all times! When they eventually delivered it was on the day before they said they would, at six in the evening. Quality of the furniture is not brilliant, table is NOT square as advertised, it is rectangle and is warped. Bolts used are too long so look untidy. It is advertised as being hand made, but screws have been over screwed into wood by a machine causing splintered wood! Needed a fair bit of sanding down around the edges. Very disappointed as by the time we received the set we could have bought it a lot cheaper! You know when you reach the point that you can't even be bothered to complain.......
Good service, arrived in reasonable time, look great in the garden.
GardenSite 5 star review on 29th July 2021
We have ordered an Elite Greenhouse online through Gardensite. We chose this company because it’s website was more useful when compared with competitors. We contacted the customer helpline to enquire about delivery of the greenhouse (it’s a very long 30 weeks lead time) and our enquiry was handled very politely, however, with little additional information other than to expect to hear something as we get towards the end of the 30 week period. At the time of writing we have about 4 weeks to go…still no further information so far from the manufacturer or from Gardensite.
Didn’t know I had used your company.
We bought a 145 gallon raised pond. It arrived on time and was straightforward to put together. The liner is well made, although is a little difficult to keep on one or two of the retaining points, particularly when full of water. Overall we are pretty pleased with the pond and customer service was good. We would be happy to buy from them again.
So i have had a terrible experience with these people including the customer service that believes you loose your consumer rights quoting their ridiculous terms and conditions. They sent me some really poorly made Yardmaster garages that had a whole load of manufacturing issues then refuse to pay return delivery as if i should be out of pocket for their awful products. I am now starting the process of small claims court to recover my costs including the one garage we erected that needed all sorts of additions to work. For starters the holes for the screws were either too small making it impossible to get the screw to penetrate or too big making it not grip. The entire garage is like a baked bean tin. In short DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY and certainly do not buy a Yardmaster single garage or you will regret it like me. I wouldn't even give this 1 star but no option for 0 stars LOL
Yard master shed ordered on 6 to 8 weeks delivery with installation. Shed arrived 4 weeks ago! Still awaiting installation ( installer turned up without prior notification whilst we were out, rearranged for this weekend, but subsequently cancelled due to a health issue ). Totally unacceptable service, avoid this company
Ordered a green house in early February with a delivery date of up to 15 weeks. Phoned today for update and once I had given my order number the lady was able to tell me my name. So far so good. I was then put on hold and a few minutes later told I would receive a call regarding this. 5 mins later I get an email telling me that my order had been lost in the system??? Funny that they could tell me who I was from the order number I gave?? The order number you put in email is not the one I gave you? Have plants growing to coincide with a 15 week max delivery. See you have used this excuse several times before. For a long established company your methods and excuses are very poor. Would not advise anyone to use you
The worst experience I have had as a paying customer. I ordered 2 seperate things through Garden site and both came with their own set of problems. Both deliveries came early which would have been great if this was communicated with me. I was told that I would be called to arrange delivery but wasn’t and therefore had to leave work to get the base and shed on 2 seperate occasions. The shed arrived 10 weeks early with no communication to let me know! I lost money both in pay and taxi fare to get there. The shed is absolutely awfully made with one side of the roof rectangular and the other a parallelogram. There was a split in the wood which they had sealed over. It has been made really, really terribly. There were no instructions on how to build, nor nails, tacs and screws which should have come with it. I was trying to sort this with the company for a couple of months and received the worst customer service with them not taking responsibility for the lack of communication. They ignored what I was saying, ignored emails and were outright rude. I would never recommend this website or the affiliated and would say if you want something well made don’t go here, if you want to receive communication don’t go here and if you expect any form of customer service when it goes wrong- in no way go here!
Ordered Bosmere garden furniture covers and after 6 months use through the winter I can say they are excellent quality. Would buy again.
Managed to put my 8 by 8 greenhouse up myself. The Instructions should have been clearer. The glazing stated as being 4mm was 6mm and the strips to join them were too small. I was informed the panels have always been 6mm. The kit for auto roof opener was not straight forward and I had to re-drill some holes. The panels that had been cut had swarf trapped inside.I am pleased with the Greenhouse and it feels solid.
Absolutely shocking service and after sales. Had a faulty product for less than 2 hours, nightmare to get them to believe you, let alone return quickly. Advised it the product is found working, we would have to pay to get returned. What a surprise, we were advised, it was working and in order to get the uv returned, we would have to pay. We only had their word, that nothing was done to the product, whilst in their care. It definitely was NOT working, when we had it. We will not buy anything from them again and I would advise, to shop elsewhere. This Company has quite a number of very unhappy customers.
Order No. 333579: 3 weeks after paying £420 for a Shed: they cancelled my offer. Offered refund, and 5% discount off option to re-purchase alternative 7x7 wooden shed (RRP £529). Asked for the alternative, as a replacement at no extra cost (Consumer Rights Act 2015). Rather than supply at cost, David Coton (Partner) refused. "We have Thousands of Customers: I can`t keep them all happy". When I asked if he was familiar with Trading Standards and County Court options; for me to pursue a resolution to his Company breaking their Sales Contract: "I can give you the Guys name at TS, and I`ve had CCJ`s before". Greedy, Flippant, Ignorant, Unsympathetic and Criminal. AVOID!!
Awful customer service. Bought a greenhouse which was delivered with key parts missing. Response is you will just have to wait until denmark sends replacement parts. They just dont care. Avoid this company!
do not use this company they do not operate as they would like you to believe they do not reply to phone calls or emails after they have taken your money avoid at all costs they are not to be trusted
No communication, state on there web site three day dilivery, don't answer the phone, don't respond to emails, if you carnt supply item then don't advertise it, having to go through pay pal now to get refund, never buy from this company again
Super disappointed. Ordered a statue and it came in good time. The delivery man wouldn't drive down to the house but did reluctantly agree to take it off it's pallet so I just had to carry it in the wooden box, more awkward than heavy but the delivery man could have been more helpful as I was on my own. He was actually going to drop the pallet off on the side of the road and leave me with it. When I unpacked it I noticed a mark in the statue that was on the front and so obvious when looking at it. I emailed Gardensite immediately as their customer service lines were unreachable and now I have emailed twice since the 15/5 and although I get an automatice confirmation email of receipt I have heard nothing from them how they are going to resolve the issue. I doubt I will ever hear from them so now I have a statue with a mark in it, won't be able to use them ever again and left thinking I should escalate through the mastercard provider I used. I wouldn't use this supply.
GardenSite is rated 3.95 based on 150 reviews