GardenSite Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend GardenSite

About GardenSite: Established in 1999, GardenSite has been selling thousands of gardening products online for over 18 years, and the family-owned business has been within the garden industry since 1952 - Assuring you that their expert advice, customer service and product knowledge is trustworthy and valuable. That's why so many customers choose to buy from GardenSite each and every day and why you'll find real and honest reviews right here on their Reviews.co.uk profile page.

The online garden centre boasts thousands of home and garden products ranging from garden sheds, greenhouses, pond pumps and supplies, fish and aquariums, garden furniture and structures, barbecues, outdoor lighting and much more. So whatever you need for your garden, GardenSite will most certainly stock it!

customercare@gardensite.co.uk

Tell us how GardenSite made you happy

"Garden Site should be Avoided at all costs unless of course, you want to have the same terrible experience as myself. Customer Service AFTER purchase is the worst I have ever experienced. They do not read messages or comply with Statutory Rights or Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. I received a Halls Metal Greenhouse that after only a few minutes after opening needed the metal drilling and sawing in many places. It was not fit for retail sale and should never be sold. Garden Site Customer Service was incredibly evasive and only offered a refund IF I had not opened the package AND paid £120 carriage to return. APAULLING CUSTOMER SERVICE and illegal. Luckily my bank supported me after seeing my photographs and I got a full refund from the bank, but I had to pay £82.13 to return! So your Choice whether or not to buy from Garden Site!"
Dear Stephen Price,

Thank you for your one-star review on Reviews.co.uk and other review websites.

As explained, the Halls Metal Greenhouse does require drilling to secure the building to a hardstanding base area, and this is clear in the manufacturer instructions which are also published pre-purchase on the product page.

We attempted to help you by giving installation advice and explaining how to secure the greenhouse down, but it was clear that you were unable to install the product to the manufacturer's instructions.

We work within the law and make clear within our returns policy that the cost of a return will be deducted from any refund unless you are able to return the goods at your own costs. This is what you opted to do, and as this was a bulky, heavy item (a Greenhouse), the costs are a lot higher than for a small parcel. At the time of detailing these costs and working with you to give you all available options, you opened a "Paypal" dispute which we resolved and issued a full refund following your return.

As a 60+ year old family business, we always try to provide a high level of customer service. I am sorry to read you were appalled by the service you received, having invested further it is of my opinion you were appalled by the return cost, and a cost we do not profit from.

Our reviews remain Genuine from Genuine customers and for other customers reading this review and our others you certainly always have a choice, I hope GardenSite will be your choice and the right choice. We are here 7 days a week should anyone wish to discuss your requirements further.

Kind regards
David Coton / Partner
"advertised 10 > 14 days for delivery, so far waited 20 days,just been told another 7 days to wait, not very good at all....will not use again"
"Started out with delayed delivery. Supplied poor quality Rowlinson shed. Customer service cumbersome. Complaint response inadequate. Do not recommend Gardensite as an online retailer or Rowlinson sheds if you are looking for a robust product."
We are disappointed at receiving a one-star review as we have endeavoured to resolve a problem that we believe occurred due to the shed being inadequately anchored and not as you suggest sub-standard in any way.

From our records, I see that you contacted us to say that your shed had blown over and asked why this had happened. Following an initial apology, we reviewed the photographs that you sent and
concluded that, as you live near John o'Groats in the north of Scotland, an area well known for high winds and bad weather, particular care should have been taken to anchor the shed to a solid base.

In these circumstances it is clear that we cannot accept liability, as the shed that was delivered was entirely "fit for purpose" but evidently not adequately anchored when assembled. Therefore, it is entirely reasonable that we did not accede to your request for a replacement shed or free parts, but we have offered to supply replacement parts that are chargeable.

As a 60 year old business, we have always stressed the importance of customer care, and I am distressed that potential customers may see your unwarranted negative review. However they need only see the vast majority of positive feedback that we receive to be reassured regarding the products and excellent service we offer.

David Coton / Partner.
"i resently purchased a large pegoda and for it to be constructed for me. I asked questions about preparing the site and got great feedback on how to do it. Since then i have emailed and asked for a delivery time shedule and have heard nothing and no updates as to when im likely to get it. Great service prior to buying but rubbish after purchase. I am still non the wiser when it will be here"
Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your review.

Our apologies for not responding to your email sooner regarding delivery times. We have since found your original email, which had unfortunately gone into our email spam folder, hence our non-reply.

I believe that Dan has been chasing this up for you and has replied to your email and has tried to call you. He has liaised with the delivery and installation team in order to contact you directly in order to book in a convenient install date.

We hope that your issue has now been resolved, if so we would appreciate it if you could kindly amend your review once you have had your product delivered and assembled to your satisfaction, as we are sure you will be very happy with your purchase.
If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please call us on 0121 355 7701.

Kind Regards,
GardenSite Customer Care Team.
"The worst mistake i have ever made was making a purchase from the Garden Site. Ordered a 8ft x 10ft Metal shed for it be damaged, not the size i ordered, fitted by odd job men who told me themselves that the shed was rubbish after i paid £742.00. The roof had holes in it, the panels were warped, dented, scratched and the quality itself was poor and flimsy. After numerous requests for a refund and sending photographic evidence of the damage, waiting for staff at Garden Site to return from holiday and Investigating me, still no refund. I sent letters advised by the Citizens Advice, their response, we'll send new panels. I then said no thankyou i want my refund please, still no refund. In the end after 4 months of this going on i had to contact Money Claims Online which is a small claims court. Only then did i get my refund plus court costs. Now at this moment i still have the shed dissasembled up my back garden as Garden Site have ignored my requests to take it away, leaving sharp metal panels in a heap in my back yard. Their customer service is absolutely shockingly appauling. So as you can gather this is the worst shopping experience i have ever had, and i regularly shop with other companies online. Basically they gave me the run around for 4 months, holding back my refund which i was entitled to for faulty goods. They was in breach of the Consumer Rights Act and have been reported to Trading Standards."
"""I buy one item from your website and still waiting delivery regardless of your delivery note within 5 working days!!!!!! Yesterday I make a phone call to ask for details and I received assurance that the delivery company will call me. I still waiting this call......... Very poor delivery...... I'm strongly disappointed and definitely I will put my bad feedback for your customer service and delivery options! I will strongly not recommend your company Without regards"
Good Day Rafed,

Thank you for your review. We apologies for your disappointment, however do feel this is rather unfair that you are reviewing us in this manner as we state that delivery is "FREE Delivery normally within 5 working days" for the water feature you ordered. It was exactly 5 working days on the day of your review and it is correct that a call is made from the delivery partner due to the size of the item ordered, this is done directly with your local delivery depo.

Kind Regards
David Coton / Partner
"i bought a garden pond from garden site a few weeks ago and also a UV light at an extra cost of 60 GBP and it has never worked we contacted garden site and spoke to one of your colleagues and all she said when asked for advice and she sent me a manual which I already had and did not tell you very much about UV light does it actually light up when working or not. my phone number is 01303488456 any advice would be helpful before returning the item to the garden site"
"they did not have trimmer wire for the strimmer they sell and told me to buy streamer wire for another model and re-wire the existing spool. as opposed to order in the right one!"
"How can i write a review i haven.t got the product yet. It was ordered on 20th may and it is now 7th june and no delivery date."
"1. I was promised a PM delivery yet that conversation was ignored and I was allocated an AM slot 2. I was then promised I would get a telephone call before delivery so I could get to the property. I never got that call. The delivery driver was pretty rude"
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your feedback.
We're sad to hear that the delivery distributor let you down on the day of delivery. We can see that your original order notes regarding your delivery preference were passed over to the delivery distributor, but from your feedback realise that these were not actioned.
We will definitely pass your feedback over to our delivery distributor, that if they are to allocate a time slot with our customers, then it should be honoured. We don't specify or guarantee specific AM/PM delivery time slots on our own website pages and advise customers that they are all-day time slots, unless the courier states otherwise.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Kind Regards,
GardenSite Customer Care Team.
GardenSite is rated 4.33 based on 123 reviews