Gap 360 Reviews

281 Reviews

With 200+ trips in 50+ countries there is something for everyone!

info@gap360.com

Category:
Holidays Abroad

Anna-Louise W
Anna-Louise W
Verified Buyer

I literally have just returned home from the 4-week Gap 360 Thai Adventure and I can honestly say it was the best money I have ever spent in my life! It is such an amazing and well thought out trip with full coverage of Thailand's best cultural landmarks and a variety of activities that I would not have experienced had I gone independently.

To begin with, the two guides in Thailand, Mickey and Yo were so knowledgeable of Thailand (temples, the Buddhist religion, local customs and the main sites to visit) that it helped us all to fully integrate into the Thai community. They were such kind and interesting people that made us feel so welcome and safe throughout the 4 weeks.

The first two weeks are the most active where you will be trekking, doing the community work (painting at a local school and dam building), where you will really learn your team working skills and visiting temples. The second two weeks are the R&R weeks where you are free to do whatever you want to do whenever but the guides usually recommended particular excursions that may be of interest to you.

The group that I was in had 20 people that ranged from 18 to 25 with a mixture of boys and girls from all over the UK and two from America, making it the perfect balance for everyone to enjoy. It was generally 2 same-sex people in the same rooms at the hostels and then for the Elephant sanctuary and for the trek, we were in 2 large rooms of 8 and 12 people. I noticed also that they arranged rooms according to the relationships formed during the trip, which was very comforting as well (although there wasn't a single person I didn't get along with and would have objected to staying with).

There are a huge selection of activities (at an extra cost) for you to choose from: total wipeout courses, zip lines, Mui Tai boxing events to watch and to participate in, snorkelling (a must!), diving and night safaris with plenty more.

Things to be aware of (but not negatives at all!):
There were a lot of long journeys (some of up to 15 hours by coach/ boat) that also took about 4/5 days off the trip so be prepared with travel bands/ tablets if you don't travel well.
There are a few additional costs that we were not expecting so always carry some extra cash with you for taxis etc.
Bring long baggy trousers (although they sell elephant pants in the market for a cheap price) and t-shirts that cover the shoulders (and chest for girls) when visiting the temples to respect the country's culture.
The trek varies according to different groups (some are easier than others) but it is during the peak heat of the day so be prepared for it to be mentally and physically challenging. Don't worry about not being able to do it quickly, as I was one of the stragglers at the back but we all went at our own pace and it was a very rewarding experience.
You will need to drink a lot of water (make sure it has a plastic seal) as you can get very dehydrated but it is unbelievably cheap (not even 10p!).
I'd recommend bringing a travel towel for certain accommodation or for the beach/pool, however, every hostel we went to provided a proper bath towel for showering.
Shoes-wise, bring flip flops and maybe some sandals for the nights out. I bought some walking trainers from Mountain Warehouse with proper grip and some brought converse/nike trainers for the trek but mine seriously saved me when going up steep slopes and muddy areas and some regretted their choice!
Laundry is very easy and incredibly cheap out there and they wash and iron everything for you. It's usually around £1 for 1kg of clothing and they wash your shoes too (which helped after the trek) for around £2 a pair.
Money to take out varied according to each person. Some only spent around £600 whereas others spent nearly £1000 so have some money set aside just in case. Nowhere accepts cards other than 7-11 so always have cash on you.
I used Caxton FX as a travel currency card and that was brilliant, as it was easy to transfer money in through the app and is accepted at all atm machines. Only use the YELLOW, PURPLE, and PINK atm machines as they are the most reliable for foreign cards. Also, they charge you 200 baht (£4-£5) per bank withdrawal so I'd recommend taking out fewer large sums (5,000 baht maybe, which is around £119 with the charge) each time you withdraw.
The taxi back to the airport at the end of the trip is your responsibility to arrange and pay for but that is incredibly easy and safe to do through the hotel in Bangkok. I paid 525 baht (£12) for a 45-minte taxi to BKK and I felt very safe.
Most people brought bum bags with them to keep all valuables (money, phone etc) but I brought a neck pouch (from Mountain Warehouse) that kept everything I needed close to me and it saved carrying a clutch on nights out.
I bought most items from Mountain Warehouse (rucksack, neck pouch, travel towels, walking shorts, walking shoes, travel pillow- a lifesaver!) as it is very good quality and very cheap and then bought lots of cheap t-shirts, crop tops, socks, flip flops, bikinis and vest tops from Primark. Nothing is dressy out there, very casual as it is hot and often humid so go for comfort over style girls!
Also for phone SIM cards, a few people got one at the airport for around £12 to get their data and calls on their phones for the month with the TRUE phone provider, which I wish I had bought. However, wifi is literally everywhere you go (restaurants, bars, hotels, in the rooms, even in the jungle sometimes!)

I hope you don't take these last points as negatives at all, as they certainly aren't! I just would've been interested to hear them before I left so I was prepared that's all. It honestly was the best month of my life and you will make such good friendships out there that will last for a very long time.
Don't worry if you haven't done anything like this before on your own because I hadn't and I wouldn't have changed it for anything! I would advise that you go alone and not with someone you know so that you can fully experience it for yourself and get the most out of it. I felt completely safe at all times but just be sensible and don't go off by yourself and keep your valuables close at all times.

Have the most amazing experience and enjoy every moment of it because there is so much to enjoy and you won't regret it! I hope this helps a lot of you and good luck on your travels!
Hi Anna, thank you so much for your review! We are so excited that you had such an amazing time on your trip, we want everyone to have a great travel experience and love the chance to hear about it when travellers return home so thank you for updating us :) You have also provided such great information for future travellers, that we will be sure to pass on to new customers, but it would be awesome if you were interested in writing a blog for Gap 360 about your experience with lots of tips and tricks to help other going on the Thai Adventure. A member of our marketing team will be in touch!
Elliott G
Elliott G
Verified Buyer

I've just got back from a tour of Europe and was very impressed with the how well organised everything was. A massive thanks to Amanda Dutchess- the leader of our European Wonder- who worked very hard to ensure everything ran like clockwork. Because of her, and the amazing people I met (none of which I knew before going), I'll be booking my trip to the U.S. with Ga360.
Verified Buyer

Gap360 found the best deals, I am a budget backpacker and they literally halved my cost of flying! I have recommended this team to so many of my friends and managed to convince two of them to get a deal from gap360 and come and join me abroad'
Alexi T
Verified Buyer

Can't thank you guys enough for this trip, literally been a trip of a lifetime for me. Have wanted to go to Australia for a very long time, it has always been a top place on my list to go to and explore, and without you guys me being able to see and do so much wouldn't of been possible. I was so nervous about coming here and must of questioned the company 10,000 times so thanks for answering every question I asked even if I did ask more than twice (or ten times!) I have really found myself on this trip, met some amazing people and have rebuild my confidence in many ways from trying new, nerve racking actives. To doing things I never thought I would of and being able to tick things off my bucket list! Thankyou for everything and I will defiantly be travelling with you guys again in the future! β€πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ’›πŸ‘‹
Hi Alexi, thank you so much for your lovely review we are so happy we were able to provide you with a trip of a lifetime and that our support gave you the confidence to go! Looking forward to having you back on one of our trips soon :)
Eloise
Verified Buyer

I went in to gap 360 in tunbridge wells for an appointment with Charlie today. He was so helpful and had some great advice about the trip. So much so that we left having booked 28 day travel to Europe which I am so excited about. Thank you!!
Hi Eloise, it was great to see you yesterday. Have an awesome trip!
Ella
Verified Reviewer

I've been unsure about where to head on my travels and about the details of the trips I'm thinking of taking. Jon Hodson at Gap 360 has really helped in answering the questions I've had! I'll probably have many more as I'm not heading off until May but so far the service has been fantastic!
Hi Ella, thanks for the lovely review! We are here to help you all the way through until you finish your trip with us so feel free to get in contact with any other questions you may have :)
Laurent
Verified Reviewer

2 years ago we went to China with Gap360 and had the best time ever, so this time we didn't hesitated to go to Thailand with them as well
Arron
Verified Reviewer

Gap 360 made everything easier and gave all the information we could possibly need. The customer service was brilliant as they answered any questions we had and they were always polite and insightful!
Ryan G
Unverified Reviewer

After months of searching and trying to decide which company to go with. I have to say GAP360 made it so simple! From booking to receiving my confirmation, it was a simple process.

My Thailand Adventure 4 weeks (October) was amazing and I made some really good friends. The tour guides (Paris & Nut) were excellent, they made the trip enjoyable and their knowledge of Thailand and it's history was fascinating to learn about.

I would highly recommend this trip with Gap 360.
Ryan G
Verified Reviewer

I would highly recommend this trip with Gap 360.
Verified Reviewer

Gap 360 gave me the opportunity to have one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding experiences of my life, whilst volunteering in Ghana on the Teaching and Childcare Program. The staff were helpful and prompt in their replies and reassured any queries I had before I travelled. I decided to extend my trip whilst I was in Ghana as I was enjoying it so much and this was really simple to do. Whilst there were certain general things I would change about the trip, I would highly recommend this company to anyone :)
Hi Millie, thank you so much for your great review! We are delighted that you had such an amazing time on your trip and that you would recommend us as a travel company :)
Fraire S
Verified Reviewer

Gap 360 Enabled me to have the best 2 weeks of my life. The tour i did was Thai Intro which is a tour ran by Intro Travel this company is brilliant and i had the best time with all of the people i met. Would recommend to anyone!!
Sophie W
Verified Reviewer

Fantastic service - really helpful staff, very responsive to emails and great competitive prices. Really made tailoring my perfect trip an easy and enjoyable process!
Georgie
Verified Reviewer

I have just returned from the Indochina trip and loved every minute of it. I have met some fantastic people and we shared amazing memories together. I would recommend Gap 360 to anyone.
Hey Georgie, thank you for your recommendation!
Alexi T
Verified Reviewer

I am about to leave to go on a tour around the east coast of Australia somewhere I have wanted to see and go my whole life now! Gap360 have really given me the confidence to book with them and helped me with all my questions silly or not - I leave in January when the plan was to go next October but I found the courage to just book it! You only live once and I cannot wait!!! Thankyou so much gap360 for putting my dreams into a plan and then into action and I'll see you on the other side!!!!
Thank you for your review Alexi, it means a lot to hear that we have been able give you the confidence to go ahead and book your trip! It's going to be an awesome adventure, make sure you let us know how it goes!
Georgia
Verified Buyer

Gap360 have been incredibly helpful, nothing has been too much for them. No complaints. Communication has been spot on
Verified Buyer

I booked my trip at the very last minute and Gap 360 were so helpful at answering all my questions and making sure every aspect of my profile was up to date in a very short space of time. Their responses were quick which made planning and booking my trip a lot easier.
Hi Megan, thank you for your lovely review. We are glad that were able to help you get everything sorted in time for your trip - getting all those last minute bits sorted out is what we do best!
Verified Buyer

Friendly and very helpful team
Daisy
Verified Reviewer

When I decided to go to Australia I looked at a lot of different travel websites, but it has to be said that gap 360 was the best. They helped me organise and plan my excursions and offered really good deals for what I wanted to doing. They provided me with insurance as well. They can help with flights too but I booked mine separately as my mum is a travel agent.
Everyone seemed really friendly and helpful, and emailed in to make sure everything was ok and to find out if I had any questions.
I would recommend the website to others, especially first timers
Hi Daisy, thank you for your recommendation. We are so happy that we were able to help plan your travels in Australia, we hope you had the most amazing time!
Ross D
Verified Reviewer

Gap 360 were superb, Jon, Sophie and Dilek made my holiday booking super easy! They answered all my questions with great detail and ensured everything went smoothly, would 100% recommend Gap 360 to a friend!
Hi Ross, thank you for your review. We are so pleased that we were able to make your travel plans run as smoothly as possible - that's what we are here for!
S W
Verified Buyer

They made my Philippines dream happen!
Nathan F
Verified Buyer

Sophie and Kali were incredibly helpful in organising my trip. Lovely people who know what theyre doing.
Hi Nathan, thank you for your review - it's great to hear that Sophie and Kali were so helpful when you were planning your trip. We think they are pretty awesome too!
Hannah
Verified Buyer

Very kind and helpful staff
Gap 360 is rated 4.65 based on 281 reviews