Gap 360 Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
customer service
Read Gap 360 Reviews

About Gap 360:

With 200+ trips in 50+ countries there is something for everyone!

info@gap360.com

Tell us how Gap 360 made you happy
Could not recommend this company enough! We have booked so many tours with them I've lost count, they are always the cheapest and easiest, they will match or lower any price other prices you find for the same tour and always have good discounts and add ons. You get a personal Travel coordinator everytime you book who will literally help with anything from flights and accommodation to random questions about the country you're visiting. They have been the most helpful and organised company we have used and we cannot fault them at all!
Thanks so much for your review Rachel, we really appreciate your kind words! We love helping people travel, and it's always so nice to hear our service has our travellers coming back to us! Hopefully there's many more of your adventures with us to come! 😊🌎
I paid and booked for the 16th of June and then had a email saying that they couldn’t do that.
Thanks for getting in touch James. Unfortunately the date you chose became fully booked just after you selected it online. We tried our best to squeeze you on but sometimes this is not possible. We've offered to switch you to another date - our trips which leave the week before and after the 16th June still have spaces and are currently on offer too. If there's anything else we can do to help you to decide then please do let us know :)
I did the 25 day Thai adventure tour. Gap 360 are good when it comes to bringing travellers together who are interested in seeing the same places so that part is done well. When it comes to the tour I feel there are a few things GAP 360 could do better. On this tour I feel I was left in the dark about a lot of things as the information was not provided upfront eg. where we would be staying and different people got information at different stages. When we first started out it would have been nice to have a hard copy of the itenary our guide told us the information but this was done over a 30 min speech and lets be honest how much of that can anyone take in! When it came to the tour it seems there was something in the itenary that was not actually happening namely the total wipe out adventure course, as i was really looking forward to this i was quite disappointing which meant we had a LOT of free time especially after the 18 day trip. It seems the itenary was generally thin when visiting the islands and i feel the guide did not provide any help or share her knowledge on what we can do on the island (other than what we knew already e.g water sports) it seems we were left to our own devices so i often googled the area to see what we can do. Given I paid a lot of money for this I expected a lot more when it came to the orientation, the itenary and the no of meals that were included (which seemed to be less than advertised) When it comes to the standard of hotels we stayed in it wasnt great and they were often in the middle of nowhere without much interaction with other travellers. Some of the hotels weren't at a good standard we found ourselves at a hotel in Koh Samui where all the water outlets has brown water coming out for one day :(. Basically i was not impressed. I understand we are backpacking and cant expect a 5* hotel but some of these places didn't even reach 2* due to cleanliness no of dead bugs in the rooms and hotel amenities. The greatest experience was probably the Elephant sanctuary this was without a doubt a highlight - it was an all inclusive stay and the owners were great they really looked after us and made us feel at home. After Gap 360 work on a few things and review their price to reflect what they offer then this trip is not to be missed but make sure you read into it and ask questions so your not left disappointed. To be fair the people on my tour really made up for a lot of the negatives but it was not all bad it just reflecting on the trip now i expected a lot more.
Hi there. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time in Thailand but we're sorry that some aspects of the itinerary did not meet your expectations. We'd love to discuss this further with you. Are you able to pop us an email to info@gap360.com so that we can speak to you directly?
Have done three trips now with gap 360 but my last trip on the Thai experience was a massive let down. It wasn’t a Thai experience, the guide didn’t provide us with information about Thailand, he took us to western and expensive restaurants every night (Mexican, pizza, burgers). We didn’t do all of the activities on the itinerary and the accommodation was so far away from everything!
We are sorry to hear that you found some aspects of the Thai Adventure disappointing. We can see that the Operations team have already been in touch with you about your feedback but thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we want to assure you this has been passed on to our local team.
Enjoyed every moment of my tour, met some amazing people along the way.
Hi Sarah, thank you for your great review!
Last year I went on the Thai Adventure and had an absolutely brilliant time and therefore felt gap360 were a great company to stick with. This year I did the Bali Turtle Conservation Project and was extremely disappointed. The introduction week was fun and interesting and a good chance to get to know the people I would be volunteering with. However, in the second week we moved to Nusa Penida for the turtle conservation project to begin. We were made aware the living conditions would be extremely basic and that was fine. However, they were not just basic but also unstable, horrendously dirty and generally felt quite unsafe. There was a big earthquake the day we got there, causing large cracks in the dorms walls and bamboo bunk beds that did not feel particularly safe as they were so insecure they were wobbly even without the earthquake threat. So much so, myself and a friend I made on the trip booked ourselves into a hotel for the remainder of the time we were there. I know the earthquake obviously couldn't be helped but afterwards there was no kind of measures taken to ensure the safety of all the volunteers there. Plus, gap360 themselves were uncontactable at this time when we had queries and problems that we needed help with. I understand at this point we may have been under the jurisdiction of Green Lion but when we were very scared from the earthquake and wanted to talk to someone that could help us, it was very difficult to be taken seriously by the staff of Green Lion and we wanted to talk to gap360 to find out what we needed to do if a tsunami had happened (because there was a tsunami warning put in place by the government and we had to run to the hills) in terms of worrying our passports would be damaged etc. and we needed advice from British contacts. Following the earthquake, we started our volunteering project the next day. Considering the price of this trip, I had expected to learn a lot about turtles, their habitats, their lives and the problems they face which we are trying to combat. Instead, all week, we simply took the turtles out the tank, cleaned and feed them and put them back. It was of course lovely for us to be hands on with the turtles but felt very pointless and rather than helping their cause, if anything we were hindering them from gaining survival skills because they are constantly being played with therefore in the wild it seems like they would not be able to fend for themselves. Due to the disappointment this week caused, myself and quite a few other members of the group decided to just do one week with the turtles and switch the second week to teaching or construction where we could really see we were actually making a difference rather than doing something for our own fun. I also then discovered through someone who stayed for the second week that 26 out of 30 people booked a hotel for their stay after seeing the appalling accommodation. Overall, the trip was extremely disappointing, especially considering how impressed I had been by gap360 last year with the Thai Adventure trip. The need for us at the volunteer projects very much felt more for our benefit than the animals. Or perhaps maybe just a way to get our money. I met some great people and made some great memories but as a student anyway this trip was a real treat for me and I had been saving up for a long while to be able to do it, just to be let down. I would like to know of some way I can look for some form of compensation or refund because quite frankly the trip was not worth the price we had to pay. I am so disappointed by this experience that I would now reconsider when recommending gap360 to friends compared to before when I would sing their praises
Hi Hannah, thank you for your review. It's great to know that you had a brilliant time on our Thai Adventure last year and we are sorry to hear that you felt that this trip with us was a disappointment. Our Assistant Operations Manager will be in contact with you and we will be in contact with our in country team to get to the bottom of this.
Although I had the most amazing time and did some incredible things, I genuinely think that was down to our group rep and the group I was in. However, I feel that once you are out of the company Gap360 do not care about you, it's all about the money for them. Also, whoever wrote the itinary need to actually do the trip and maybe then they will get the information right. I am glad I did it and have made memories that I will cherish forever but I do not recommend Gap360 as a company.
Hi Stevie-Jo, thank you for your review - we are glad to hear that you had an amazing time in Thailand! Your personal Trip Coordinator will be reaching out to you for more information regarding your additional comments, please look out for an email :)
The experience I had in Bali is not one that I would take back, however I wish it could have gone so much differently! As I was doing turtle conservation, I expected to feel as though I had done some good. However when I got there, there was no turtle expert only interns from Thailand that spoke no English and a ton of mistreated dying turtles. It became clear to me that my fellow volunteers were more keen to take pictures than work as they had signed up to do. This company, green lion, takes your money to spend a fraction of it on turtle eggs so you as the consumer can abuse it before returning it to the sea dooming it- that is if it survived that long. Other problems I had include: Not having enough drinking water provided; not enough food prepared; expensive taxi services; no hot water; no clear information; no contact to coordinators; not being able to do construction as the school was closed; not ever beening able to do teaching. All in all I would not recommend this trip to anyone and in future I will personally steer clear of any booking company and sort it out my self as that seems to be the only way of getting the real experience and at the cheapest price.
Hi Ella, thank you for your feedback. This is something that we are immediately addressing with the in-country team as we are surprised to hear this. One of our Trip Coordinators will be in contact with you to discuss further.
The agency I went through were not very clear in the orientation session on how a few things worked so there was a confusion when I didn't get the FULL bonus I assumed I was entitled too as they never told us otherwise. And when I confronted them about this, they weren't very helpful or sympathetic, which wasn't comforting considering my circumstance.
I had an incredible experience and absolutely loved it - both the volunteering and tour! However, I don't think I would go through gap 360 again as essentially all they did was book two seperate things for me - 2 weeks volunteering and an 8 day garden route tour (NOT 2 weeks as i was told) and probably added extra fees for their service. I also had little information beforehand, I didn't even know what organisations the parts of my trip were through so went into it very blind. Also, before going I asked how many people would be on the tour and was told 8. There were 9 of us, but the other 8 people only booked the day before the tour so the information I was given was clearly wrong! I did have the best month ever, and gap 360 were great at booking and organising, but I don't really see the point in going through a large company like this in the future as it would be so much easier and cheaper to just book myself!
Hi Fiona

Thank you for your feedback on your recent South Africa trip. We're sorry to hear that you were unaware of the names of our in country team and that there was some confusion regarding your group size. This feedback is very important to us and has been passed to the appropriate teams. It is great to hear you that you found Gap 360's pre-departure service good and that you had an amazing time in South Africa!
Tour guides were friendly. However, the tour group was far larger than advertised on the website (max group of 36 with 2 tour leaders). Group was actually over 40 which made the experience less enjoyable and didn't get to know the whole group as well.
The team were really helpful prior to going on the trip, I felt that they were readily available. However, the information provided about the trip was very misleading/simply incorrect. Many of the items stated in the trip information simply were not provided on arrival. I enjoyed the trip but felt that it was not right that many aspects of the trip that I'd paid for were not delivered.
I personally think the trip was poor value for money. There was not much included in this and the optional activities really bumped the costs up. The guides however were really friendly and went out of their way to help us with any issues we had and ensure we had a good time
I booked a trip way in advance of the trip date because I was advised that I would save lots of money with the early bird discount. However, it turns out I only saved £20 when this years prices came out which is not a saving at all when I'm paying nearly £3000 (European pioneer) for a trip. Now the trip is on sale which saves over £100. Don't be persuaded by the early bird price, it's not worth it!
Very friendly staff
Once in a lifetime
The Spanish school was very well chosen. I arrived in Quito without speaking a word of Spanish and within a week I understood almost everything. The teacher was excellent. My host family in Quito played the game and was very patient with me even though I did not speak the language. From the beginning
great guide
THE TEAM AT GAP 360 HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL AND FREINDLY. THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL AND GAVE ME ADVISE AND INFORMATION WITHOUT HAVING TO ASK FOR IT. I DID A LOT OF RESEARCHING BEFORE BOOKING WITH GAP 360 AND THEY WERE BY FAR THE MOST FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL COMPANY. I HAVE NO REGRETS AND WOULD RECOMMEND GAP 360 TO ANYONE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT DOING A TESOL COURSE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH OTHER COMPANIES! THE SUPPORT YOU GET FROM GAP 360 IS ONGOING EVEN WHEN YOU WORKING
Gap 360 is rated 4.66 based on 882 reviews