Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
My chocolate toolkit box was not packed properly and although the items were still intact they were jumbled up inside the box so the presentation of the toolkit was completely ruined.
Hello,
I'm sorry that your product didn't arrive with you in the perfect condition we would expect it to. The person who packed your order will be made aware of this issue to ensure this does not happen again.
Friars Customer Service
Th order hasn't arrived yet
Hello,
I'm sorry that you have not received your order from us. However, I have looked into your order and delivery was attempted on 15th December but there was no answer. Your parcel is currently being held at your local delivery office awaiting collection or instruction for redelivery.
If you have any further issues, please let me know and I will look into it further for you.
Friars Customer Service
I got an email 0n 06/12/2018 stating my order 117778 had been dispatched for delivery. To date on 15/12/2018 I have YET TO RECEIVE DELIVERY.
Please look into this and let me have delivery by next Saturday.
Charles Simmons

p.s. Nothing shows up on the tracking.
Hello Charles,
I'm sorry you've not yet received your order as we would expect. I have looked into your order and there has not been a delivery attempted as yet so I will resend the parcel for you today (17/12/18) via first class post for delivery tomorrow (18/12/18).
Friars Customer Service
TINY chocolates - my elderly Uncle with diabetes was completely underwhelmed= and so was I. Ive bought diabetic chocs before -admittedly these were pretty, but for the price ,they were very small. Don't think I would buy again
Hello Christine,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the no added sugar chocolates you purchased from us. The size of the chocolates is not something we have any control over but I will, however, pass on your feedback to the manufacturer.
Friars Customer Service
Unfortunately when I opened the box they were a bit bashed and were in a pile at one end 😢 took me a few minutes to sort them out. The chocolate is all scratched and some of the papers were scrunched. Good job they were for myself and not a gift. Won’t be spending £25 on your chocolates again I’m afraid
Hello Lisa,
Please can you contact us directly to discuss this issue and we will do what we can to resolve it for you.
Friars Customer Service
Box arrived damaged. Parcel had been dropped over fence.disappointing as it was a present. Maybe fragile should be written on the box!
Hello,
I'm sorry that your parcel wasn't delivered correctly and the box was damaged on arrival.
Please contact us directly to advise us if the item inside was damaged in anyway and we will do our best to resolve it for you.
Friars Customer Service
I ordered one white chocolate and one milk chocolate Gin truffles, but received two milk.
Sending them back is too much hazzel.

First time in many years of ordering you have let me down.
Hello Darleen,
I'm sorry that you received the wrong item in your order from us. The items should have been checked prior to packaging them for dispatch and I will pass on your feedback to the packing team so that they are aware of the error with your order and to ensure this doesn't happen again.
By way of apology, I will send out the correct item to you today via first class post and there is no need to return the incorrect item to us.
Friars Customer Service
Not tried it yet, as is advent calendar, but smaller than expected.
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your purchase from us. The dimensions of the Advent calendar are detailed in the item description on our website so that our customers are fully informed of the product before they make a purchase.
Friars Customer Service
Ordering was easy and quick, haven’t tried the chocolates as they are a gift. I was however disappointed on receipt of the goods. £13 inc delivery is extremely expensive for what turned out to be a small trinket sized tin with a few chocolates.
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your purchase from us. However, the full dimensions of the tin and the weight of the contents inside is detailed in the description on our website so that our customers are fully aware of what they are purchasing.
If you wish to return the item, please contact us directly and we will be able to advise you on how to do this.
Friars Customer Service
Good service, but the flavour of the Macaroons were not nice at all. Nice packaging but no nice flavour
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the macarons you ordered from us. Due to the nature of this product, the flavour and colour can vary from time to time and they are not always suited to everyone's personal taste.
I will pass on your feedback to the team so that they are aware of the issue you have highlighted in your comments.
Friars Customer Service
I am writing my review after taste testing Friar's chocolates for the first time.
We purchased a box of floral creams, and considered ordering some of the other wonderful sounding chocolates which I had read about on Friars own website; for this coming Christmas.
However; as we were not familiar with this particular brand, I was eager to test the floral creams, for now, I was looking forward especially to the violet & rose flavours. Expectations were high, especially after reading Friars own statement; in the description for the Floral creams (The rose and violet creams were a winner of the famous great taste gold award). I did search “The Great Taste Award” website, and could not find the year that these chocolates actually won that particular award.
And so, I am unsure of how old this award actually is, Friars, do not state when the award was given in the description about the award, perhaps a date could be incorporated; then perspective customers have an idea of how long ago this was.
If it was more than a few years ago, is the taste award still valid for these chocolates? The lavender and violet creams were quite un-inspiring, and the geranium and rose lacked in flavour. I felt they were over sugary, and the expectation of the overall taste was just not there, and for the £18, I do feel they were just not worth the price tag.
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the floral creams your ordered from us. These chocolates are a previous winner of the Gold Taste Awards and are one of our best selling products.
I will however, pass on your feedback to the team.
I thought the PlayStation Chocolate was a bit small
Hello Angela,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the size of the games controller you ordered from us. We list the dimensions of the chocolate controller on our website listing so as to avoid any confusion with the actual size of the product.
If you wish to return the controller, please contact us directly and we will be able to arrange this for you.
I ordered my item 2 weeks ago and it still hasn’t come... not very reliable
Hello,
I have looked into your order and your parcel is recorded as being delivered on 12th September at 12:09 by Royal Mail. It may have been left with a neighbour and a card should have been left informing you of this.
I would suggest that you check if any of your neighbours may have taken it in for you and forgotten about it, as this is sometimes the case.
Please contact us directly if you have any further queries.
Friars Customer Service
Novelty Chocolate Lipsticks after paying nearly £5 for delivery at 175g arrived broken
Hello,
I'm sorry that your item arrived broken and not in the perfect condition we would expect them to arrive in.
I have refunded your order in full and I hope that this is a suitable resolution for you.
Friars Customer Service
When I tried to use your web site to order I was told that insufficient stock was on hand and I had to phone my order in the next day when I was told by a really nice lady that there was plenty stock. This is the second time I have had the same problem.
Hi Kerr,

I am sorry there was insufficient stock available on the website when you tried to place your order. The stock levels of the imps will be monitored more closely from now on to avoid this happening in the future. Sorry again.

Kind Regards,
Friars Customer Service.
Nothing special that you couldn’t get elsewhere, overpriced for what it is .
I am sorry to hear that you thought the product you bought was overpriced. We know it can be difficult to tell the size of items when purchasing online which is why we include the weight and dimensions of our products to try and give an indication of the size. Again I am sorry you were not happy with your purchase.

Kind Regards,
Friars Customer Service.
Chocolates look abit tired , for a gift so, will see the outcome when gift recieved. The box is small for the £20 price tag. Don’t think we will order again.
Thank you.
Hello,
Thank you for your review and I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the chocolates you received from us.
All of our chocolates are freshly packed and as they are handmade, this is reflected in the price.
It has been brought to our attention that the information printed on the labels fades after a very short period of time and we are currently looking to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Friars Customer Service
For the amount you charged for this I expected a 70cl bottle, I should have read the small print. Will not be placing any further orders regardless of how nice this may taste.

Eugene Johnson
Hello Eugene,
I'm sorry that your were disappointed with your products from us and no longer wish to place any further orders with us. Our website description clearly states the size of the bottle and a full list of contents so that our customers are aware of what is included inside the gift box.
If you wish to return the items for a refund, please let me know and I will arrange this for you.
Friars Customer Service
I ordered 3 of the prosecco funny bear jars and 2 of the 3 jars arrive smashed.

Hopefully I will be able to get replacements. I am happy to send back the smashed ones if needed.
Dear Sarah,
We're sorry to hear that, it is unusual. We will send you out 2 replacements immediately.
Kind Regards
Still have not had email ref despatch and still not recieved
Hello Alan,
I'm really sorry that you haven't received the item and that you have not received any delivery notifications from us.
I will resend your item today on a Tracked 24 hour service which should arrive with you tomorrow.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused by this issue and I will look into it further to find out the whereabouts of your original parcel.
Hello Alan,
I'm very sorry that you have not received the item you ordered from us and that you have received no emails regarding your order.
I will resend your order today via our Tracked 24 hour service and you should receive this tomorrow.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue and I will look further into your order to find out the whereabouts of your original parcel.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.80 based on 4,981 reviews