Freightlink Solutions Ltd Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Freightlink Solutions Ltd

About Freightlink Solutions Ltd: Freightlink® is a leading European freight ferry ticket agent covering more than 750 ferry routes connecting more than 50 countries to couriers, hauliers, manufacturers and many other businesses – large and small – across the continent.

bookings@freightlink.co.uk

Quarry Bank
Chorley Rd
Walton le Dale
Preston

Tell us how Freightlink Solutions Ltd made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
"The manners on the phone could be better p"
We're sorry to hear you were unhappy with the manner of the person you spoke to on the phone. We pride ourselves on the quality of customer service we provide. Your feedback has been sent to our team for investigation.
"Didn’t enjoy the experience"
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your Freightlink experience. Unfortunately the initial sailing was fully booked, therefore we moved you onto a later sailing, which was not used. Refund processed.
"This was my first time to use the site. And I am 72, so a little slow compared to a more computer literate younger user. I first had to work out if you accepted cars as not all freight operators do. There seemed to be a little confusion between the car accommodation limit and the passenger limit of 12. If I have read it correctly, if there were 4 people to each car, then only 3 cars with drivers and passengers could be accommodated. The acceptance of cars was confirmed to me best by the photographs of cars on the dockside waiting to load and also parked on the ship's deck. In fact I found the gallery extremely helpful overall at giving me a really clear understanding of your operation. It was factual and straight forward. The warnings about the stairs and no lift were well made. I found the switch over to booking the return part of the journey a little difficult to follow and had to make several attempts to get it right. This involved leaving the site and starting over again. A start over option that would take the user back to square one would be helpful. Asking for details of name and car reg. etc after booking the outward journey and before booking the return took me by surprise as well. Usually the bookings are done first and then the personal details are collected afterwards. As I said at the outset I am an elderly man and perhaps not the best person to evaluate the layout of the process. I am now looking forward to my trip in September."
Thank you very much for the review. We take all comments into consideration.

Seatruck are predominantly a freight operator which means the freight vessels have a total maximum capacity of 12 passengers – this includes the freight drivers.

We do also accept non-commercial passenger bookings on certain sailings, for which we will receive a set allocation out of the 12 spaces.

These allocations will vary depending on route, and are limited to a maximum of 2 people per passenger vehicle.

Regarding the booking process, you are able to select a return option at the start as well as during your booking, but we will see if there is any way to make this clearer.
"my booking did not go to well I was booked out from Dublin when it should be hayshem and no return date booked but I spoke later that evening and got my booking corrected to the right dates"
Apologies for the error, as soon as we were notified of the problem the booking was corrected. We are glad we were able to rectify the situation for you, sorry for any inconvenience caused,
"Fairly easy booking service for straight forward routes but not a quick response for more unusual routes .. be very very wary of this as there is a premium rate phone number and any delays in answers from them will result in a very high phone charge - not acceptable !."
Thank you for your feedback. The more unusual routes usually require a response from the ferry operator and unfortunately they are not as quick as the more common route operators. We do our best to get the required information as quickly as possible.
"Online payment system failed, same card worked with phone call and human at the call center."
Unfortunately the first transaction was declined by the acquiring bank. The later transaction (of a different amount) was authorised. This is beyond our control.
"Bit too long for reception to answer"
Apologies for the delay in answering your call.
"I only needed to book one crossing and now we are signed up for an account and emails everyday, didnt sign up for that"
"Disappointed that you cant pre book a single cabin or upgrade the ticket etc."
We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with the options available. Unfortunately freight ferry operators do not provide these services.
"Sorry guysjust setup Wright you mobile apps just not working well I set up 1 booking and mobile apps to first tow don't give me to pay after I no idea to third I pay and your mobile apps charget me 3 times for 1 booking"
We are sorry to hear you have experienced some issues when making a booking with our app. We have cancelled and refunded your duplicate bookings. Our technical team will investigate the issues you encountered.
"Booking was straightforward enough but not confirmed as on standby. This could have been shown on the website before the booking went ahead."
Unfortunately due to unusually high demand caused by the issues affecting Irish Ferries, our sailing availability is affected. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
"We have travelled with freightlink on numerous occasions and have always had excellant service but for some reason this time seemed to be lacking from previous journeys it wouldnt stop me travelling again though"
We are sorry to hear your experience was not as good as previous journeys. We look forward to you booking with us again in the future.
"Notified of service changes although two ferries cancelled and our delivereies were 24hours late"
Sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with your sailing. Our customer service team are investigating.
"it is difficult to make the bocking"
We are sorry to hear you experienced some issues making a booking. Our customer service team walked you through the process via live chat. We work very hard to ensure that our booking process is as simple as possible.
"Trip was good, very clean. Staff friendly and courteous. Only problem was, I was booked to sail at 9-30am, but didnt sail until 11am. No one explained or told me why"
Sincere apologies for the delay you experienced. Unfortunately some ports are tidal and this can periodically affect sailing times.
"I booked with no problem but both my crossings have been cancelled due to an apparent not being used in 10 days which was a give away by the dates of the bookings. If you are not using withing 10 days you shouldn't book and take money. I spoke to gentleman called Martin but have received no email of rebooked crossings as off yet, so not the best of 1st use of Freightlink Simon"
Apologies for the confusion in this matter. Unfortunately this is the way that the operator DFDS works and we have no control over this. I hope our customer services manager has clarified this for you. We are currently looking at ways to make this clearer on our website.
"Disappointed to be first van there got there early but was in last 10 to be loaded asked guys loading what was the point in getting there on time when vans turned up 20 min before sailing and got straight on while I sat there until the end he told me to complain at reception on board only to be told by reception that I should have complained to guys out side they have it set up to make a fool of me the customer so not to happy"
We are sorry to hear about your loading issue. Unfortunately as we are only the booking agent we have no control over the ferry operator's boarding process.
Freightlink Solutions Ltd is rated 4.81 based on 1,003 reviews