FreeAgent Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend FreeAgent

Tell us how FreeAgent made you happy

"It's comprehensive, quick and very rarely has any glitches (getting stuck)."
Thanks Hayley!
"Brilliant piece of software. I honestly do not know how people could do without. This makes life so much easier and being on top of things makes invoicing (and receiving money!) so much easier. I wholeheartedly recommend FreeAgent. If I could give a six I would have done so."
Thank you so much for your lovely review!
"It’s an excellent cloud product. Does nearly everything you’d want from an accountancy package, but the reporting is functional at best. No ability to export most reports, no report creator so answering basic questions like how many business miles have I done this year is difficult."
"I have found the Free Agent software reasonably easy to use. The most challenging aspect is not the software but understanding the accounting setup as undertaking this for a business mid accounting year, to ensure the VAT and Tax liabilities that it generates are a reflection of the actual. However, the ability to give access to accountants is effortless so this is not an issue. I am enjoying getting to grips with what it offers."
"I do Work for Agents So could do with Belling address and Job address might be good to put Job address in the New Projects section and on the invoice"
Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it. I've passed your requests along to our Product Team to review. If you have anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to contact us anytime at support@freeagent.com.

All the best,
The FreeAgent Team
"Superb, we love it. Allows the team to be exactly what it says on the tin, Free agents to do other stuff. Slick, very easy to use, lots of features, very click and go, does as little or as much as you want it to do, works across all technologies, and a great APP. HMRC compliant for 'making tax digital', and takes away the VAT headaches. I have used Sage in the past, and this is way better Mr Jones."
"I find the processing a little cumbersome but if this really wasn’t written by bookkeepers it really is excellent. I had cause to use support once and they were brilliant, got right to the root of the problem and clearly knew the package inside out."
"This makes my life so easy, it tracks my banks accounts, sorts my VAT and Self Assessment. I can keep tabs on my expenses and my general cash flow. Invoicing is easy and breaks it all down by customer so i always know who's paid and who hasn't. The app is pretty handy as well, a definite 5 stars"
"Excellent system and easy to use but does not cater for businesses selling goods on the invoicing side. A basic function that QuickBooks and Xero have to convert an Invoice to a Delivery Note does not exist and all my DNs have to be done on Excel outside FreeAgent. It seems others have requested DNs for at least eight years and yet we are being told it is not a priority. How difficult is it to add this feature?"
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. While we’d love to be able to add all the features our customers request, we receive so many that we do have to prioritise them.

The decision for what goes onto the roadmap is made by our product teams, led by our Execs, and following our Product Vision. We spend a lot of time reading all our customer feedback, and when deciding the work to pull onto our roadmap, we take all of this into account. As there are so many requests, we inevitably can’t tackle them all.

Our public-facing roadmap should give you an idea of some of the bigger projects we’re working on, and we do update it regularly: https://www.freeagent.com/depot/. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact us at support@freeagent.com.

All the best,
The FreeAgent Team
"FreeAgent is fairly easy to use. Is disappointing though that the tax filing doesn't work for Partnerships and we've learned this only after creating the account under a Partnership plan. Hope they'll do that soon. :("
"Simple and effective, I was up and running within an hour"
"Am very happy with it"
"Can't put additional jpeg on invoices and estimates many companies are part of institutions fcb, fita, nicf, iso9001 ect these logos need to be on letter heads. Got a one line reply saying no it's not possible. Ermmmm"
Hi Adam,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback, which we've passed on to our product managers. Adding multiple logos to templates is not on our immediate roadmap, but it is something we plan to look at in the future. In the meantime, it is possible to do by adding customer CSS. If you're interested in that option, please contact our support team at support@freeagent.com and they'll be able to share the details with you.

Warm regards,
The FreeAgent Team
"Very straightforward to use, great support team when needed, a real support to small businesses and accountants (like me)"
"As a new business the ease of use, breadth of functionality and incredible levels of customer support make using FreeAgent a joy!"
"Speedy and helpful response. Very pleased with the outcome."
"Customer support helpline was superb. Patient, knowledgeable, constructive. Thank you!"
"Looking for a way forward to MTD from QB Desktop - dissappointed as there are no delivery address options, nor way to print DN's. I think general inability to print will be downfall of me adopting this software."
"enjoying the package, the essential elements are easily accessible & clearly labelled & when I need assistance, "Rudy the Robot", is a valuable tool providing answers in real time"
"I love FreeAgent. It has made accounting and keeping track of my business finances so much easier, and more enjoyable. The layout is intuitive and the support resources are great. Whenever I've had a question I've easily been able to find a Help article that simply explains exactly what I'm looking for. Magic! And the customer support people have been great, in the rare case that I've needed it."
FreeAgent is rated 4.56 based on 325 reviews