FreeAgent Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend FreeAgent

Tell us how FreeAgent made you happy

"Very easy to use and with a great help system to back you up"
"Given my lack of financial or systems knowledge I was not looking forward to using any HMRC recommended package. However FreeAgent is intuitive and easy to use and the help service is quick and easy to understand."
"Intuitive and simple to use"
"I'm a freelancer only a couple of weeks into my experience of FreeAgent but it has all the features I need for my small business. Time tracker is one of the most important, the ability to pull transactions directly in from my bank account is another. Easy to use, intuitive and a clean uncluttered interface. It works how I work, capable of monitoring numerous projects on the go at once (I do web design, graphic design and copywriting). Obviously a lot of thought has gone into the presentation and behind-the-scenes coding. Good job!"
"Finding it straightforward to use. The few queries that I've had have been promptly & efficiently dealt with"
"Overall Free Agent is good but there are improvements to be made in the invoicing templates. There is a large gap of white paper on the invoice and some of the important information such as company details, vat no and company registration are in different places so looks messy. The project section which I thought would be really useful is not very user friendly when it comes to adding late bills and additional expenses. I haven't found the information on the help sheets very helpful on the project section."
Hi Liz, I've passed your review onto the team and one of our Senior Product Designers would be happy to help you out. If you drop us an email at support@freeagent.com then he'll pick it up and get back to you. Thanks.
"Very easy to use. Has even saved me money by finding a old invoice that wasn't paid"
"Amazing, so easy to use."
"Spot on, easy to use, HMRC MTD compliant, we love it. Our own little accountant in a click ..."
"Despite ALL the info being available: can't even tell me my future bank balance on any given data. An accounting platform which can only detect cash flow insolvency after the event??? Chocolate teapot! (of course there's a 3rd party add-on which does this, for another £39 per month - but then what on Earth was the point in the first place?)."
Hello! We're sorry that our software isn't quite fulfilling your needs. We do support many different functions such as VAT filing, RTI payroll, Self Assessment etc, and we're not aware of any other products out there that can do this within a single solution. We do also have an integration with Float but this would be an additional cost, as you mentioned.
"It's comprehensive, quick and very rarely has any glitches (getting stuck)."
Thanks Hayley!
"Brilliant piece of software. I honestly do not know how people could do without. This makes life so much easier and being on top of things makes invoicing (and receiving money!) so much easier. I wholeheartedly recommend FreeAgent. If I could give a six I would have done so."
Thank you so much for your lovely review!
"It’s an excellent cloud product. Does nearly everything you’d want from an accountancy package, but the reporting is functional at best. No ability to export most reports, no report creator so answering basic questions like how many business miles have I done this year is difficult."
"I have found the Free Agent software reasonably easy to use. The most challenging aspect is not the software but understanding the accounting setup as undertaking this for a business mid accounting year, to ensure the VAT and Tax liabilities that it generates are a reflection of the actual. However, the ability to give access to accountants is effortless so this is not an issue. I am enjoying getting to grips with what it offers."
"I do Work for Agents So could do with Belling address and Job address might be good to put Job address in the New Projects section and on the invoice"
Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it. I've passed your requests along to our Product Team to review. If you have anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to contact us anytime at support@freeagent.com.

All the best,
The FreeAgent Team
"Superb, we love it. Allows the team to be exactly what it says on the tin, Free agents to do other stuff. Slick, very easy to use, lots of features, very click and go, does as little or as much as you want it to do, works across all technologies, and a great APP. HMRC compliant for 'making tax digital', and takes away the VAT headaches. I have used Sage in the past, and this is way better Mr Jones."
"I find the processing a little cumbersome but if this really wasn’t written by bookkeepers it really is excellent. I had cause to use support once and they were brilliant, got right to the root of the problem and clearly knew the package inside out."
"This makes my life so easy, it tracks my banks accounts, sorts my VAT and Self Assessment. I can keep tabs on my expenses and my general cash flow. Invoicing is easy and breaks it all down by customer so i always know who's paid and who hasn't. The app is pretty handy as well, a definite 5 stars"
"Excellent system and easy to use but does not cater for businesses selling goods on the invoicing side. A basic function that QuickBooks and Xero have to convert an Invoice to a Delivery Note does not exist and all my DNs have to be done on Excel outside FreeAgent. It seems others have requested DNs for at least eight years and yet we are being told it is not a priority. How difficult is it to add this feature?"
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. While we’d love to be able to add all the features our customers request, we receive so many that we do have to prioritise them.

The decision for what goes onto the roadmap is made by our product teams, led by our Execs, and following our Product Vision. We spend a lot of time reading all our customer feedback, and when deciding the work to pull onto our roadmap, we take all of this into account. As there are so many requests, we inevitably can’t tackle them all.

Our public-facing roadmap should give you an idea of some of the bigger projects we’re working on, and we do update it regularly: https://www.freeagent.com/depot/. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact us at support@freeagent.com.

All the best,
The FreeAgent Team
"FreeAgent is fairly easy to use. Is disappointing though that the tax filing doesn't work for Partnerships and we've learned this only after creating the account under a Partnership plan. Hope they'll do that soon. :("
FreeAgent is rated 4.56 based on 335 reviews