FreeAgent Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend FreeAgent

Tell us how FreeAgent made you happy

"Easy to navigate and user friendly for people like me that work in a visual industry and not number literate!"
"FreeAgent is great for getting your business up and running. It highlights tax milestones and calculates a lot for you. It could improve the way it works by taking the Accountancy help & introduce that into the tool in a step by step process within the application. The chatbot article suggestions help 85% of the time, the 15% needs some work. It is value for money for the first two to three years but as your business grows you begin to realise you need an accountant and that's why the intro of co-pilot is interesting."
"I'm new to cloud accounting so have nothing to compare to. The user interface is not bad but could be more intuitive, and it would help if it was simpler to customise things, such as adding accounting categories."
Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. You can actually add new accounting categories. This article explains how: https://support.freeagent.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001216910-How-to-add-a-new-category
"Handy, intuitive app to keep track of income and expenditure. Would be good to shortcut the contacts / projects lists to favourites so not having to scroll through every time. On the website, some of the relationship between contact and project is rather clunky and takes a while to negotiate. Good summary invoicing facility."
"can not import open banking with nationwide, over 3 weeks now."
Hi Phil, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. We are working to provide a stable Open Banking feed to Nationwide and hope to have this available very soon. In the meantime, our third-party feed provider does offer a feed to Nationwide accounts. The bank recently introduced additional security steps that may have interrupted an existing feed via this method. If you contact our support team (support@freeagent.com) then they will be able to investigate this for you. Thanks.
Hi again, we have some good news, Nationwide is now available via Open Banking. Learn more about how to make the switch in our knowledge base article: https://support.freeagent.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360005409100-How-to-switch-from-your-existing-bank-feed-to-an-Open-Banking-bank-feed
"Time saving and intuitive to use. a great help to the less well organised like me"
"It’s only been a couple of months and FreeAgent has made business start up a lot simpler than it otherwise would have been. Customer support has been excellent and the app is a winner. Well done FreeAgent, keep going! 💪"
"I understand maths and spreadsheets. I am not an accountant. This software has been so easy to set up and use. I have only had two calls to the help desk (very prompt human response) and they were about technical terms. This has taken away that quarterly nightmare."
"Too expensive"
"Poor question! Some aspects I would rate good or very good, some poor or very poor. What should I score it to be helpful to you?"
"It is as good as an accountant. Simply the best in its offering. I regret why I got to know about it so late."
"The accountancy and book keeping aspect of running a freelancing enterprise has been made so much easier by using FreeAgent. My experience with customer service has been outstanding and I have great confidence in the support team to help my business run efficiently."
"Really good guys! Really really good! I've just clicked into the mobile app and completed my daily accounting stuff in about 2 mins. Now that's a real timesaver. Many thanks - Jeremy"
"Really simple to set up and use. Has helped simplify managing my business processes"
"Great software and easy to use"
"I finding this app and customer service excellent so far. Very pleased."
"According to my accountant, the bank feed doesn’t seem to tally. It has cost me extra money getting it sorted and I have been advised to do my accounts using an xl spreadsheet. I am now considering my options regarding using your service."
Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear that you've experienced issues and appreciate your frustration. If you could please contact our support team at support@freeagent.com, we'd like to further investigate this for you.

The FreeAgent Team
"I'm really surprised. I always relied on an accountant, but since our accountant and tax layer went bankrupt and left me high and dry I decided to take the matter in my own hands. This is the best decision I made so far. The effort I put in matches the effort I had to prepare and discuss paperwork with the accountant. And he pocketed some 2,500 - 3,000 a year. Go figure. This software is awesome!"
"The straight forward nature of this programme is superb. Helps me complete complex tasks easily. Great layout (apart from the fluffy animal pictures). Bank feed is awesome ... so much easier than manual updates ... saved me bags of time! Reminders to submit to HMRC would be great (PAYE, VAT etc). Overall ... excellent. Thank you."
"Easy to use expert help only an email away Very good system for small businesses I would only change one thing and that is I would of done it years ago Keep up the good work."
FreeAgent is rated 4.53 based on 407 reviews