FreeAgent Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend FreeAgent

sarah@freeagent.com

How would you rate FreeAgent?

"The software is very functional and user friendly The help section is very well done and found the answer to my questions quickly"
Alberto, Edgeryders
Verified Reviewer
"FreeAgent is the right mix of user friendly and sophisticated. We are hugely impressed. We have been using it for three years now, and have used both the UK and the Global versions. The UK one has more functions, but even the Global one is perfectly adequate for a small – but global and data driven – business."
Piers Gibbon Ltd
Verified Reviewer
"We looked at pretty much all the online accounting packages before choosing FreeAgent...and I am really glad we did. The software just works - I run a company providing voiceover services worldwide (piersgibbon.com). Most importantly FreeAgent have real accountants on the end of the helpline to sort out your issues. I have gone from paying a bookkeeper every painful VAT quarter...to doing it all myself. Excellent product, excellent company."
"It is easy to use."
"Without question the best decision I made for my business. Makes accounting enjoyable! Easy to use, a pleasure to use in fact, plus wonderful support. For anyone who asks my advice about what they need to do when starting a small business, my first response is to use FreeAgent!"
"I would like the webinars to be longer. Not enough on banking and reconciling the bank"
Hi Liz, thanks for the feedback. Can I just check with webinars you're referring to? And would you like banking as a webinar topic?
"FreeAgent is a good program to work with, but has some failings.I think FreeAgent is very good on helpline, and always try to achieve a resolution to the issue. I think the program could be great with some minor improvements that the company are aware of but don’t seem to be in great hurry to implement."
"FreeAgent simplifies sending out invoices, keeping track of work, expenses, and which invoices have been paid or need chasing. Support is prompt and clear - vital to a novice with no accountancy training!"
"prompt service"
"The software is excellent and so easy to use and the support is the best I've seen, cant ask for more really. Highly Recommended"
Richie Lee
Verified Buyer
"Free Agent has made my business run so much more efficient. It also means I no longer have to save shoe boxes for my reciets! Love how it manages invoices and scans you’re bank account and updates. One down side to Free Agent is the customer care. 9/10 times when I ring for support, I get put through to reception and get promised call backs. Most times they call back in the same day, once or twice they haven’t. The annoying this that they’ve called me back later in the day when I haven’t been sat at my computer. They need more staff."
Alan Kempster
Verified Buyer
"As an Accountant FreeAgent is easy to use for both us and our clients. The Support is superb and there is little that can't be sorted out."
"I'm new to FreeAgent but so far everything is good and the support has been exceptional. I would definitely recommend FreeAgent."
"Great for service oriented sole trader/small business. Its great for… Tracking projects & project profitability. Invoicing is really neat and well implemented. Banking has live bank feeds keeping things always up to date. No reconciliation as such, just “explain” transactions I.e. assign to expense category and job etc as they appear . VAT, Corporation tax and self assessment fully implemented and linked to government gateway account. Very easy tracking of out of pocket expenses & mileage. Uploading expense receipts on the move via smart phone app and camera. No more paper receipts! Attach PDFs to expenses. Upload business documents. Store insurance certificates, Public Liability, VAT certificate etc. Multi currency. RTI payroll upload to HMRC. Useful dashboard showing unpaid invoices, cashflow and a quick P&L balance sheet position. Support from FreeAgent is quick and mostly very helpful. Terrible for… Producing reports beyond clunky P&L, Balance sheet & Trial Balance. No expense reports, sales report, customer sales, user customisable report or data query. No business analysis tools. User data input can be confusing as FreeAgent pre-fills most form fields with last entered Data (presumably they think this is helpful for users entering repetitive data). Can lead to clumsy and inaccurate data entry if your jobs, invoices and expenses aren’t all repetitions. (Wish they’d just leave it all blank)."
Sarah Stocks
Verified Reviewer
"Good software allowing us to keep records and reduce our admin time. Also the customer service is incredibly fast."
Allan Of HLP Services
Unverified Reviewer
"They sorted out all my problems with ease and so happy to help"
"best product in the market"
"very unorganized, very unprofessional, untrained staff. Schedule a call but never call or pickup. Double charging of fees and never apologize. Always try to get away with their enormous mistakes. Searching my options to leave them now."
Hi Islam, I'm very sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience. Our support team are right here in our Edinburgh office. Would you like me to ask them to email you so you can discuss any questions with them? Thanks.
Richard Drew
Verified Buyer
"I've used Freeagent for over a year and the majority of things I want to do are intuitive. When I have needed to contact the Support team, they've been quick to respond and have been really helpful with useful info. The mobile app lets me do most things I want to do while on the move - great app."
"It's so easy to use! I spend less than five minutes a day on my accounts. Just one button to click add a new time slip. Then at the end of the month, the time slips pulls through to an invoice. I know exactly where my accounts are at, which makes life easy for my accountant."
FreeAgent is rated 4.64 based on 178 reviews