FreeAgent Reviews

of reviewers recommend FreeAgent
Read FreeAgent Reviews

marketing@freeagent.com

Tell us how FreeAgent made you happy
Very good overall but needs a CIS contractor module
FreeAgent is a great bit of software, with lots of features and it's also very reasonably priced compared to its competitors. The mobile app isn't as good as the browser tool, but the app is still useful for some purposes (such as invoicing on the go).
Absolutely brilliant accounting program. Very easy to use and excellent customer support.
Too complex. Not intuitive. Too many layers of multiple choice.
I like the time tracking/projects feature which was what drew me to FreeAgent in the first place, but when it comes to invoicing it needs an easier way to customise the invoice layout - virtually impossible for the everyday person to adapt! And the standard layouts don't look good. Also would like an option to save an invoice without emailing it as I prefer to email directly from my own email. Other than that it seems easy enough to use, with a useful knowledge base and clear instructions on how to use the program.
Good product which is very clear on its target market- micro-businesses. It's flexible for most situations and although missing some of the sophisticated 'back office' stuff that comes with Sage, for most businesses, this isn't a problem. Customer services is very good with an emailed response within an hour during business hours.
4 years of accounts GONE!!!!! … Been with free agent since 2017 decided to use them to file my tax return on the day I completed The last few remaining questions on the tax return i noticed year and dated needed adjusting to be the 30th of April and not the fifth so I changed the year end date and clicked on save changes I then opened it back up only find that the year end had changed and all of my figures since 2017 were 0 they have said that everything up to now has now gone and the only thing I now have is 21 to 22 tax year if I want any figures from previous years I will have to upload bank statements I think this is absolutely shocking and disgusting I will now have to hire an accountant which will cost me between £1200 and £1800 I would seriously recommend that you do not use this software
not much time - but-brilliant!
It launch in 2007 I believe, and by the look of it hasn't been updated since. On the plus side it does seem to have everything necessary to keep track, send invoices, receive payments (stripe) etc. Which to all tense and purposes are in the background. Where you really have an opportunity to show off your business, look professional, make people want to pay your invoices ! Is where it really disappoints, and I mean disappoints. Invoice templates look dated, lack any colour customization, sure you can stick your logo on but that's about it. Sending them via email you can write any message etc and seems ok from your side. On the receiving end its.......well... an email, with line text of your message, with then a hideous blue hyperlink which then takes the customer to the payment portal. This was enough to put me off and even though it was free with my bank I won't be using for the reasons above. Pity really.
Hi Kel. It’s possible to customise the layout, typography, and content of invoice themes, but doing this does require some knowledge of HTML and CSS. This article has more details: https://support.freeagent.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115001219090-Invoice-templates-Creating-a-custom-invoice-theme-with-CSS We'd be more than happy to discuss this with you in more detail, please feel free to email us on support@freeagent.com. Thanks, Team FreeAgent
Totally changed the way we run our business, very easy to learn and has some great features. Would highly recommend to anyone.
Customer service is superb, software is simple to use and easy understand. Wish I had it years ago
Very good and fit for purpose, makes life easier
I love FreeAgent, I’ve been using it for a few years now. It’s great value for money and does its job :-) My only criticisms are you can’t divide a purchase order into different spending categories and as a partnership, there is no facility to file year end online.
I am truly impressed with all of the features and services, thank you very much. I also live the way FreeAgent is always developing and improving.
Rubbish software. It won't let me submit a VAT return. I asked for assistance....got nothing. Too much advertising not enough, if any, content. complete waste of money.
Hi there. Our support team would love to hear from you on support@freeagent.com. We can work with you to get your account set up, talk through how to submit your VAT Return and how to make best of use FreeAgent. Thanks, Team FreeAgent
Very professional team
It's straight forward and easy. A few simple additions would make it that much better and nudge those stars up: 1. Recurring journal entries - some things happen every month, why enter them manually 2. Auto bank feed update at login or a button to update the feed - at the moment some accounts , such as Wise, are not automatically updated when logging in which means either manually uploading statements and reconciling later or waiting until the feed updates. When I do my books, i'd like everything updated so I know where I am at.
Just found impossible to set up Unless your an IT expert, then impossible
Hi there. We'd love to help you get your account set up and talk you through how to make best use of FreeAgent. If you can contact our support team on support@freeagent.com they'll be delighted to help. Thanks, Team FreeAgent
Recently spoken to a number of the team with questions about 'Year end' and how we can use the system more effectively. All have been extremely helpful and knowledgeable, thank you!
FreeAgent is rated 4.50 based on 541 reviews