Edwardes Bros Reviews

of reviewers recommend Edwardes Bros
customer service
Fastest Growing Retailer in the Reviews.io Customer Voice Awards, Winter 2019

Tell us how Edwardes Bros made you happy
The air extractor is suppposed to be silent but it's very noisy !
I will not go into vast detail but this is the 2nd large MK Prestige order my company has given you this year and I have had problems with them both Paid fully up front for the orders but nightmare communication etc and as for Tuffnells you need to change your carrier Merry Christmas From Gary & Sharon Moorey GJM
Delivery lets you down .DPD promised delivery on a certain day and gave a time, extended time on that same day and did not deliver.Order was required for am next day (ordered in plenty of time ) disappointed
two incorrect items delivered that were not ordered, I was also charged for this.
I think it rather presumptuous of you to ask for a review once I have received my order, which seems to be two days overdue according to yourselves.
A completely different lighting ballast turned up to the one ordered on your website. I had to totally rewire the fitting as a result which was at height, Street Lamp head, and turned what should have been a simple job into a bit of mission - an email would have been nice just to give me a heads up on what I was getting!
Products and delivery perfect. Website pictures and info a con!
Poorly staffed at lunchtime - only one person serving three people. Click and collect - not right product. Am still awaiting credit to my account
I ordered a ballast online to replace the one I have that broke. The one online is nothing like the one I received, completely different to the picture, but the right product code etc. Called the sales line but nobody picked up. So I am out of pocket by £18.
An excellent service spoilt by extortionate delivery charges an item costing 0.90p cost more than 7.50p delivered, enough said!.
*** The ordering process via the website was easy and provided good confirmation of order via E-mail. The delivery process is where the issues have arisen. DPD did not provide any advance warning of delivery (18/2/19), so there was no one at home to receive the order. The only documentation was a delivery note advising that delivery would occur the next day (19/2/19). I received an E-mail notification of the planned delivery slot 11:38-12:38. The DPD driver failed to deliver my parcel between 11:38 and 12:38 (19/2/19) as he did not reach St. Giles Close via Short Drove, Holme.He did not proceed beyond the “Road Closed” sign – the missed delivery E-mail showed a picture of the Road Closed sign. The road between Short Drove & St. Giles Close is NOT closed. The only bit of road that was closed was between the B660 and St. Giles Close. Providing this stretch of road is not used, then the DPD driver should be able to access my house & leave the parcel in the garage. I am expecting the delivery on 20/2/19. If the DPD driver fails to proceed past the Road Closed sign, then I may not get my delivery on 20/2/19. The road works are due to last between 18 - 22 Feb 2019. I look forward to receiving my order at a date TBD!
Still haven’t received items, your courier is very dispointing, I have now had to buy from another supplier, really dispointing for me to miss deadlines to complete job.
The staff on the phone are very pleasant and helpful and your prices are very competitive. However each time we place an order there is a problem and the order arrives incorrect or there are items missing/to follow!
Competitive prices, good ordering process, prompt shipping. BUT, package delivered by DPD soaking wet at one end, cardboard falling apart. On questioning the driver, he said 'we received it like that'. Not sure who's to blame, but unacceptable for any delivery, even more so for sensitive electronic equipment (heat and smoke detection with radio links).
Delivery promised 31/12/18 by DPD Slot due at 11am Followed up product not received by DPD from Edwardes Email to Edwardes - no response yet. Disappointed but hopeful of delivery soon.
Ordered wire for Tuesday delivery but not delivered. "waiting for stock". Drove 10 miles to collect and then waited 20 minutes to be served. Reluctant to use Edwardes again.
The order on the websit was fine but the dpd delivery was rubbish. The stated delivery window was between 12.31 & 13.31 but after 2 calls (10 & 20 min each) the driver eventually turned up at 17.20. I’ve just placed another order and if there is another unreliable performance I doubt I’ll be doing so again.
The parcel was not delivered to the place I requested by DPD. Instructions were very clear and confirmed in an email from Edwardes/DPD : As per your instructions, we can confirm we will deliver to - Garage (Please leave on black trunk in back of garage. Thank you.) - at the address below DPD took no notice of that message, carelessly leaving the parcel on the floor of the garage, near the front. As a result the parcel was crushed on one side when it was caught by our car wheel. Fortunately the contents are fine BUT, WHAT IS THE POINT OF LEAVING CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS if they are not followed.
Parcel was delivered to the wrong address which i had to ring to sort the problem eventually delivered only for the wrong items dispatched so again more phone calls to sort out overall very poor service
I have purchased from this company before and the service is always very good. I was disappointed to find that between October and December the item I recently purchased had increased in price from £*** to over £*** which seems an excessive increase .
Edwardes Bros is rated 4.83 based on 9,213 reviews