Edwardes Bros Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Edwardes Bros

Tell us how Edwardes Bros made you happy

"*** The ordering process via the website was easy and provided good confirmation of order via E-mail. The delivery process is where the issues have arisen. DPD did not provide any advance warning of delivery (18/2/19), so there was no one at home to receive the order. The only documentation was a delivery note advising that delivery would occur the next day (19/2/19). I received an E-mail notification of the planned delivery slot 11:38-12:38. The DPD driver failed to deliver my parcel between 11:38 and 12:38 (19/2/19) as he did not reach St. Giles Close via Short Drove, Holme.He did not proceed beyond the “Road Closed” sign – the missed delivery E-mail showed a picture of the Road Closed sign. The road between Short Drove & St. Giles Close is NOT closed. The only bit of road that was closed was between the B660 and St. Giles Close. Providing this stretch of road is not used, then the DPD driver should be able to access my house & leave the parcel in the garage. I am expecting the delivery on 20/2/19. If the DPD driver fails to proceed past the Road Closed sign, then I may not get my delivery on 20/2/19. The road works are due to last between 18 - 22 Feb 2019. I look forward to receiving my order at a date TBD!"
"Still haven’t received items, your courier is very dispointing, I have now had to buy from another supplier, really dispointing for me to miss deadlines to complete job."
"The staff on the phone are very pleasant and helpful and your prices are very competitive. However each time we place an order there is a problem and the order arrives incorrect or there are items missing/to follow!"
"Competitive prices, good ordering process, prompt shipping. BUT, package delivered by DPD soaking wet at one end, cardboard falling apart. On questioning the driver, he said 'we received it like that'. Not sure who's to blame, but unacceptable for any delivery, even more so for sensitive electronic equipment (heat and smoke detection with radio links)."
"Delivery promised 31/12/18 by DPD Slot due at 11am Followed up product not received by DPD from Edwardes Email to Edwardes - no response yet. Disappointed but hopeful of delivery soon."
"Ordered wire for Tuesday delivery but not delivered. "waiting for stock". Drove 10 miles to collect and then waited 20 minutes to be served. Reluctant to use Edwardes again."
"The order on the websit was fine but the dpd delivery was rubbish. The stated delivery window was between 12.31 & 13.31 but after 2 calls (10 & 20 min each) the driver eventually turned up at 17.20. I’ve just placed another order and if there is another unreliable performance I doubt I’ll be doing so again."
"The parcel was not delivered to the place I requested by DPD. Instructions were very clear and confirmed in an email from Edwardes/DPD : As per your instructions, we can confirm we will deliver to - Garage (Please leave on black trunk in back of garage. Thank you.) - at the address below DPD took no notice of that message, carelessly leaving the parcel on the floor of the garage, near the front. As a result the parcel was crushed on one side when it was caught by our car wheel. Fortunately the contents are fine BUT, WHAT IS THE POINT OF LEAVING CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS if they are not followed."
"Parcel was delivered to the wrong address which i had to ring to sort the problem eventually delivered only for the wrong items dispatched so again more phone calls to sort out overall very poor service"
"I have purchased from this company before and the service is always very good. I was disappointed to find that between October and December the item I recently purchased had increased in price from £*** to over £*** which seems an excessive increase ."
"Delivery is rubish, driver said he couldn’t find me, why not ring to get more information?"
"Ordered shower as said in stock on website, got email next day saying not in stock and would get them in later that week. Still no shower, now I have to wait until January for it. I really needed this shower before Christmas as family coming. Not good service at all."
"Basic ordering/delivery fine, but service around faulty goods was very poor - half a dozen emails flatly ignored, had to go direct to manufacturer to resolve."
"Wrong item sent."
"Placed my order, money taken then emailed the next day and told out of stock for a few days. So no idea when I'll receive what ive paid for"
"I ordered a door bell which said it could be used with batteries which were not included. It said it needed a transformer and noted two types but as it did not say not included, I assumed it was included. Disappointed as I could have bought elsewhere cheaper."
"ORDERED SOME WIRE ON A MONDAY, QUITE SIMPLE REALLY, GOT A CALL BACK TO INFORM ME ON TUESDAY THAT THE WIRE WAS NOW OUT OF STOCK BUT WOULD BE DELIVERED TO ME NOW ON FRIDAY. NO DELIVERY, I RANG TO INQUIRE AND WAS TOLD THAT THE WRONG COLOR WIRE ARRIVED. THEY NOW INFORM ME THAT THE DELIVERY SHOULD NOW BE MADE ON TUESDAY, 8 DAYS AFTER PLACING A SIMPLE ORDER. I WOULDN'T NORMALLY BOTHER TO WRITE THIS BUT I KEEP GETTING EMAILED ASKING FOR FEEDBACK ON MY ORDER.......... THAT IS MY FEEDBACK"
"*** Carriage ridiculous. Cost not clear until payment made! Would not buy again"
"Ordered bulbs for my father and at check out delivery was £*** something but when payment went through it was £*** Absolute joke! If we knew delivery was going to be that for 4 bulbs then we wouldn't of bothered!"
"Hi Sorry but this time We have been let down by your company. Despite checking stock and then ordering we were told you are out of stock with lamps and delivery has been delayed that too after me calling this afternoon. Please be careful next time. If you don’t have stock then you should let us know for us to get the materials from other people. As we can not afford to let our contractors down or delay the job. Thanks."
Edwardes Bros is rated 4.82 based on 8,490 reviews