Domex Appliance Services Reviews

of reviewers recommend Domex Appliance Services
customer service
Read Domex Appliance Services Reviews

About Domex Appliance Services:

At Domex, we believe appliance repair service should be straightforward, pleasant and affordable experience. If we have achieved that, great! However, if that's not the case, do let us know, this is what we are here for!

info@domex-uk.co.uk

Unit C, Surrey Business Park
Weston Road
Greater London

Tell us how Domex Appliance Services made you happy
Excellent service, would highly recommend.
Hi Harry, glad to be of service and while wishing you to have healthy appliances, we'll be happy to see you come back sometime in future. From everyone involved, thank you for your kind words.
My fridge freezer was leaking and the Engineer was efficient helpful and arrived almost an hour early to boot. Well pleased thank you
HI Barbara, you are very welcome and glad that you could keep milk fresh for long now :). Oh, nearly forgot, thank you for your time and great feedback.
Our dishwasher broke over the Christmas/New Year holidays and Domex came out within days. The Service Repair Engineer was right on time, even sent txt when he was close. The repair was quick and the fault well explained. Overall I'm very happy not just because things were repaired so quickly but I can rest easy if I have any problems with other appliances in the future. I only wish other companies were this helpful.
Dear Peter, thank you for your kind feedback and your time!
You are right...from now on all you need to remember is Domex - the solution for your appliance needs!
My washing machine broke on 31.12.14 and today on 03.01.15 it was fixed! Very impressive and fast service. Engineer was very polite and professional. Price was reasonable. So surprisingly good I had to write a review.
Dear Natasha, thank you for your time to share your great experience with everyone! We are all delighted and welcome you in future should you need help with any of your appliances.
The repairs to my Samsung fridge/freezer were completed to the satisfaction of both Domex and myself. Domex dealt with the matter promptly and effectively. My questions were answered and solutions offered without delay. I commend Domex very highly.
Dear Mr Popeck, on behalf of everyone involved, a big thank you for your kind words and see you next time. Happy holidays!
We were recommended Domex by a neighbour. Domex turned out to be excellent and competent.
Thank you for your feedback Mr Rayner, it's highly appreciated! We have indeed been to few of your neighbors, so pass our thanks to them for the referral. Merry Christmas from all of us and look forward to helping you again in future.
Repair of Hob organised in a very efficient way, I'm very pleased with the service i received.
Thank you John for the great feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you've had an excellent experience and from the whole team - Merry Christmas!
Extremely disappointed with the service from the customer call centre to the engineer visit. I had an issue with my Grundig washer dryer displaying a "safety" message mid cycle and switching off. On the first visit on Monday 18 November, the engineer Michael noted there was a fault with a computer component and he told me reset it so it should be fine but it was not a permanent fix. I shared my concern in waiting around if the issue occurred again. I asked why he could not repair the faulty component rather than a temporary fix. The engineer Michael reassured me that if the issue occurred again he would come repair and the job would be noted as high priority. He reassured me he works every day so he can come the same day. He said he would have the relevant part ready in his van. On Thursday 21 November, I called Domex again as washer dryer had the same issue. When I called Domex back and there was no priority booking as promised. I had to wait till the following week for a repair and the next available appointment was Monday 25 November. I was not happy as the engineer Michael had emphasised that the job would be treated as a priority should the issue occur again and that he would have the parts ready. I was told an engineer would arrive Monday 25 November so reluctantly I booked yet another day off work. On Monday 25 November I was called by Domex who advised an engineer was at the door. I opened the front door to check and there was no one at the front. I also went downstairs to the flats main door and checked no one was there. I called Domex back and they advised the engineer had left to complete another job near by and would be back straight after. I was confused as the engineer had not even attempted to knock or buzz via the entry system. I waited for the engineer to return and received a further call from Domex asking me about parking permit. They advised the engineer had received a parking penalty and was not willing to park on site without a permit. I informed the caller who I now know is Graham Ross the Customer Service manager that I would contact the property managers to arrange a parking permit. I advised the engineer had 10 minutes parking allowance. Within minutes Graham informed me that the engineer had now left and was too far away to return. Graham informed me that Michael had attempted to ring the door bell twice and there was no answer. This was false information as I was in the flat along with my partner and the bell did not ring at all. The bell has been tested and works fine. I was advised this is the same engineer Michael who visited on Monday 18 November so he is well aware of how the buzzer system works. He is also aware of the parking situation. I am disappointed that he was dishonest about ringing the door bell as my partner and myself can verify he did not ring the door bell. He also did not even attempt to communicate with us to support him with parking. Instead he left for another job. This was a complete waste of my time as I had taken time out of work to wait for the engineer. The engineer made no attempt to get hold of us and informed his manager that he rang the door bell which he did not do. He was also very impatient and left without even trying to get hold of me. I spent hours waiting for his arrival and he could have the courtesy of calling me or ringing the bell to try get hold of me at least before leaving. I am overall extremely disappointed with the customer service.
Dear Yollanda,

I thank you again for your review and complaint you logged with us and I am deeply sorry that your experience has not been a great one.

We have responded to you privately and since the receipt of your email we are working actively to resolve not just your repair but also your dissatisfaction.

Once the repair is complete we'll be in-touch to see if all is well.

Ross G.
CEO
The engineer came for the second time and again would not wait for the tumble dryer to finish the cycle. As I insisted that he does a proper check, he took one item (a pillowcase) out of a full wash and put it through the test for 20 minutes. Although even this one item came out damp he passed the appliance saying that his reader was showing the correct temperature, although this was only measured at the beginning of the cycle. He completely dismissed the possibility that the sensor could be faulty or whatever else. So he left me for the second time with the faulty appliance without even attempting any repair. The dryer still has to go through several cycles to get the clothes reasonably dry and then they have to be finished off on a clothes rack. That not only takes a lot of time but it costs a lot in terms of electricity too. I am very disappointed with the service, it was shallow and incomplete, two visits and nothing has been done so far. The engineer would not even give me a report but said I had to order it on the Internet and takes a few days to appear. We have since taken a video of going down to the basement to restart the machine when it stopped in mid-cycle again. This is the same recurrent problem which has not been resolved in multiple visits, it has not even been identified. Every callout means us taking time off work to meet an engineer who does not have enough time allocated to mend the appliance.
Dear Mrs Foster,

We are sorry to see you dissatisfied with our service.

On the first visit in September, our engineer had found the drier with excessively blocked condenser and lint filter which definitely prolongs the drying cycle and possibly even not drying fully. These blockages had then thoroughly been cleaned and appliance tested afterwards.

On the second visit (in November) It's important to mention that the Low Temperature Option had been selected which would have impacted the performance of the dryer i.e. take much longer to dry. Our engineer did also run the test cycle mentioned and was satisfied with the performance. He spend over 1 hour and a quarter on site.

We have done everything to complete this repair on behalf of Domestic & General. However, if you still think you have a problem and feel that our service was not up to your expectations, you could speak to D&G and ask them to allocate an alternative repair company.

Customer Experience Manager
I would absolutely recommend Domex service centre. They are efficient and effective. My appointment was booked swiftly and Michal my engineer was most professional. He saw the problem and put everything in place to rectify. He was proficient in what he did. Just now waiting for parts to arrive as they have been ordered. Thank you Domex
Waited a week for appointment.2Engineers arrived.Inspected dishwasher said they would order a new part but the machine was now working.It worked for one day then stopped again.Phoned Domex to be told that no new part had been ordered and the job had been logged as completed. Now waitng for further phonecall in between washing up!
Dear Christine,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to see your frustration that may seems like we've not done our job. We've managed to identify you and are working on expedite the repair for you and we'll be in touch shortly.

In the meantime, if you need me email to graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk or call and ask for myself.

Customer Experience Manager
A truly awful company. The most incompetent technians. The most pointless customer service (never apologises or admits to mistakes). AVOID.
Dear Samantha,

I'm sorry to see that you had awful experience with us. We know sometimes things could go wrong and clearly this happened to you.

Would you kindly provide us with your job reference and/or post code and 1st line of your address please? This will help us find out what has gone wrong and will serve as an opportunity to try to put things right for you.

Would you email the above to: graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk please?

Thank you in advance and I look forward to seeing how we can assist from here.

Best Regards,

Domex
This company destroyed my new dishwasher in 2018 when it only needed the detergent dispenser replaced. It was left dented, badly sealed and the electrics exposed to water making it potentially lethal. I recorded video of the technicians in action each time, just in case (I might publish these) but luckily Domex (Graham who will deny in his reply that it was them) admitted it was negligent when, after a third visit and lots of waiting in between when they could be bothered to come out again, a senior technician inspected the appliance. He wanted to take the appliance away for a complete refit but I complained to the manufacturer who arranged for it to be refunded fully from the retailer for Domex's incompetence. To this day I've had no formal apology or compensation from Domex for risking my safety/life and wasting hours of my time. What reminded to post this review is today I have been forced to use Domex again for my washing machine as Hoover-Candy engineers don't cover central London and there was more incompetence, this time with scheduling appointments. If you are forced to use this company I suggest watching the engineer like a hawk and video record their actions if it looks like they are banging away or forcing things into place as you might not be as lucky as I was to have the manufacturer [eventually] back you up when it goes wrong. I am now considering referring last year's debacle to the HSE, BBC Watchdog and other organisations that might have an interest. With video evidence and recorded phone calls of all of the above facts I do not expect a rebuttal claiming anything different though I'm sure they will try. I reserve the right to post my evidence online and send to third parties. Graham phoned me to admit Domex did attend this job for my appliance and has never denied the above account occurred.
We have responded to Andrew via other platforms already to the very same review and there isn't anything else that we need to add.
First available appointments were 9 days from our call. That would have been ok and we were prepared to wait. But then they cancelled the appointment the day before and refused to give us a sooner appointment and we would have needed to wait over two more weeks for an appointment. So don’t use them at all if you need an urgent appointment or half decent customer service on the phone.
Dear V,

We are sorry to see your frustration about the lead time for your first appointment and how you have been dealt with. 9 days is long time, especially for our standards. However, right in the middle of holidays we were a bit overwhelmed. Similar to great restaurants on a busy Friday/Saturday night.

You haven't given us any job number, nor did you shared your name so we can't look up what has happened. If any of our team needs to learn anything from the interaction with you, we need to be able to identify it and review your entire journey. That's how we learn and improve. Sadly, without that key info, we won't be able to do that and frankly your feedback is as good as no feedback.

To this end, if you could drop me a line to graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk with your job number, we'll be able to review how things went and if any of our team needs improvement we'll act upon it.

Graham R
Customer Experience Manager
Sid,came and did our repair today. Polite and on time. Gave good advice for future use.
This is my second time with Domex, different appliance. Same excellent, efficient and friendly service. Happy customer and have already recommended to a friend locally.
engineer was rude, and left my washing machine worse than before he did the so called repair, it flooded my kitchen, the original repair was the machine was not spinning. would leave no stars but don't have the option. Second visit the engineer could not wait to leave he was in the flat less than 2 minutes, this engineer definitely had a problem when I told him that he had not fixed the problem he told me that he was 5 minutes away and to call him. Domex promised to send somebody else between 10:00 am and 13:00 hrs but they did not come. Would not have this company anywhere near my home again worst company every
Dear Mrs Morris,
I’m sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been a good one.
When you reported the leak the day after our visit, we did what we could to get the engineer there that day. The engineer refitted the emergency hose.
You called in later that day to say that leak was contained, but that there was still a drip.
As you said in your review this was booked for 22/02/2018 between. Due to a cancellation in your area, on our supervisor’s job list, there was a mistake made. Your appointment had been cancelled off his job list. Once you called and the mistake was picked up @ 13:04 we wanted to get him to you within the hour. Unfortunately ( and understandably) you were not going to be available.
As you already mentioned, you were not happy for us to re-attend. I apologies for the mistake made.
Kind regards,
Domex
The service engineer Nickolay was an extremely efficient and helpful engineer. I would recommend this firm and him in particular as he was so helpful ; he showed me his ID which was reassuring; and had my new machine connected him in no time at all; he tested its functions ; and briefly explained the basic running of the machine to me; and what particularly struck me was he moved my old machine out of the kitchen across my living room for me; I am disabled and also have a tiny kitchen which meant I wouldn’t have much space to move at all otherwise; so I don’t know how I would have managed with cooking etc otherwise; it is refreshing for someone to go that extra mile in order to help; I was so grateful; also he very polite and on leaving said I hope you have a good weekend and enjoy your machine; so thanks Nickolay so much moving the old machine means I can use my kitchen this weekend as I won’t be able to get old machine taken away till next week: I would highly recommend this company for efficiency and I reckon technicians like Nickolay; who genuinely show kindness to Disabled lady on her own deserve a pay rise; I was so impressed I just felt I wanted to comment: I shall remember this company for appliance services again; and have no hesitation in recommending this company; he arrived promptly too; rare in engineers of today:
Excellent customer care representative on phone, efficient service engineer, dependable service. Were recommended by the appliance manufacturer.
Domex came out and diagnosed that my range cooker needed a new induction generator. I paid for the parts and labour up front and they visited to do the repair. I was present during the repair and after around 1.5 hrs I asked them how it was going. I was told fine and that they would be finished in 10 minutes. I popped back after 10mins and found that they had already left, my mobile then rang, they were calling me from their van and told me cooker not fixed and more parts are needed. I rang Domex and they asked me pay for 2 more parts costing hundreds of pounds on top of what I have already paid. I have asked for some clarity over what they had done and for a service report but no one can answer any of my questions and say that there is no service report available. I have spoken to Domex twice now and each time they have promised to get back to me and failed to do so. I am currently left waiting for basic information with no apology or explanation - and still with a cooker that needs fixing....
Domex Appliance Services is rated 4.78 based on 826 reviews