Direct unlocks Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult
Read Direct unlocks Reviews
It's a scam. They will request more money. Do not use.
I am a EMT who broke my phone during a job I bought a new iPhone XR off Facebook and turned out to be locked to Vodafone I’ve paid over 70€ for directunlocks to unlock my phone for them now to turn around and say “sorry it’s due more payments” and to get the premium service I’ve waiting 5 days to hear this I am beyond enraged
This is a scam, they dont mention the second payment required until you've already paid them the first one, lesson learned, wasted money, very unscrupulous business practice......
NOT open regarding their costs. You make first payment then before you receive the unlock details you must pay a whole lot more... I did not!! so lost the £20 up front.
Honestly, if there was a zero star option available I'd use it,
This is about 3 months in now, still no unlocked phone, I've paid twice now, and just yesterday i was told I need to pay another £60, this is off the back of me initially thinking that it would cost the price of the first payment which was £20, the second was £60 now another £60????
If you can... Avoid using this service please it's just 1 scam after another
I ordered an unlock from directunlocks.co.uk on the 12th June for 28 euros.

Straight away on the 13th June I received an email, 'Thank you for pre-ordering your unlock code....'

Pre-ordering? I thought I just BOUGHT the damn thing.

The email continued, '....to release the unlock code, please pay the additional €74 as stated in the terms and conditions...'

So, first part of the scam, nestled away in t &cs that nobody actually reads, they no doubt have stated in cryptic language, 'oh yeah, by the way you'll need to pay a lot more money...'

Anyway, I emailed them and asked for an immediate refund, I felt I'd been scammed, that this second payment should have been stated upfront.

directunlocks.co.uk got back to me quickly saying they wouldn't give me a refund but, '...may we suggest finishing the process for just an extra €67.20, removing our profit margin entirely...'

I hemmed and hawed and looked over the Trustpilot rating of Directunlocks.co.uk - more on that later - and finally decided to go ahead with the payment. It is my old iPhone 6 from work, which was connected to Vodafone, and my son was really looking forward to having it.

So, you pay the extra money and you receive a link saying, 'Track your order here', and then, 'Current Unlocking Timeframe: 5 days, 22 hours' with the timeframe going down, and the 'Progress' going 5%, 10% etc... all very impressive.

But as stated by at least one other reviewer here, another part of the scam is that, even after the timeframe has long passed - 5 days and 22 hours passed several weeks ago - when you log in to see progress of your unock code, you always see 'progress is 99% complete'.

For days.Weeks. And when you email directunlocks to find out when it will be ready a gentleman replies promptly saying something like, 'Extremely sorry about this, it looks like the server is down. I'll get back to you ASAP as soon as I have more info, I promise. Again, I'm very sorry.'

Of course, they never do get back to you, unless you email them again...and so the scam continues - playing on the false hope of the 'customer' that this nice gentleman from directunlocks replying to my emails must be honest because he replies promptly and some day or hour soon the 99% progress will be 100% and voila, my unlock code will delivered for my son to use.

Anyway, complete scam. Waste of time and money. I'm just hoping- judging by other reviews I read on Trustpilot - that directunlocks.co.uk don't dip into my credit card details and go taking more money.

Also, I see on Trustpilot after negative reviews by victims of this dubious business that directunlocks.co.uk leave a comment of their own: 'the phone for which you sought an unlock code was blacklisted', thereby implying guilt on the part of the customer, as if the phone for which they require an unlock code was stolen or acquired through other such shady means.

Don't believe this for a minute. No doubt these unfortunate 'customers' received the same initial email I received from directunlocks: '...we are now pleased to inform you that the unlock for your iPhone 6 is now ready for purchase...'

I also see that directunlocks quickly tries to suppress several reviews on Trustpilot: several reviews, no doubt ones like my own, are greyed out and illegible, with 'Direct Unlocks reported this review for breaching Trustpilot guidelines'. These reviews have been reported by directunlocks.co.uk in as little as 2 hours after having been written...and I see some are still illegible after several weeks! What is this about, Trustpilot? 54% excellent reviews for directunlocks...well of course this is going to happen if you are blocking the negative reviews!

I just wish I had typed into Google initially, 'directunlocks reviews' instead of 'directunlocks trustpilot'.

That way I would have seen more clearly the litany of links that directunlocks is a scam site and would never have used it.
I ordered an unlock from directunlocks.co.uk on the 12th June for 28 euros.

Pre-ordering? I thought I just BOUGHT the damn thing.

Of course, they never do get back to you, unless you email them again...and so the scam continues - playing on the false hope of the 'customer' that this nice gentleman from directunlocks replying to my emails must be honest because he replies promptly and some day or hour soon the 99% progress will be 100% and voila, my unlock code will be delivered for my son to use.

Anyway, complete scam. Waste of time and money. I'm just hoping- judging by other reviews I read - that directunlocks.co.uk don't dip into my credit card details and go taking more money.

STAY FAR AWAY I Don't know why companies like this is allowed to trade They are not a honest company Just ripping people of and getting away with it
This is a scam.... be aware !!!!!!
They are totally fraud website. They asked me to pay $24 to unlock, then once I paid, they asked me to pay $299 more... they said initial payment just for the validation.

Stay away !!!!! This is a scam
Paid them two times, after 5 days they still cannot unlock it. They said they would offer a full refund; I emailed them my receipt showing the payment of the phone. No response from them.
I e-mail them the the proof of purchase of my phone repeatedly. They do not read the e-mails and do not reply to e-mails.

In summary, I'm dissatisfied with their services because:
1. They do not disclose the full price upfront; they asked for a small amount then requested more money afterwards
2. They don't refund your money if they are not able to unlock the phone; they ask for a proof of purchase and then don't reply to your e-mails; they assume your phone is blocked/banned and is the your fault - here they are dishonest because checking if phone is blocked is a free service that they should use before asking for money
trustworthy service for unlocking iphones, but a little expensive
Useful and reliable
G
Well done .And job completes on time
Took a little longer than expected but overall a good experience
Falsely advertised price charged. $19.99 was advertised but $61 in total charged to unlock it.
Did as expected very quickly. Also, excellent tutorials!!
Quick n easy
Wonderful Company
Exellent with accuracy
Sorted but beware extra fee
Direct unlocks is rated 1.76 based on 112 reviews