destination2.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend destination2.co.uk
Read destination2.co.uk Reviews

About destination2.co.uk:

Destination2.co.uk is a long-haul luxury Travel Operator. We specialise in providing luxury holidays to destinations all over the world at affordable prices.

With a wealth of experience in the travel industry, our specialist long-haul consultants are passionate about discovering and sharing new and exciting destinations and offer their expertise, knowledge and personal experience based on a variety of premier long-haul destinations across the globe.

Destination2.co.uk’s standing in the travel industry means it is able to secure some of the best rates available and pass these savings on to our customers.

All holidays booked through Destination2.co.uk are fully ATOL Bonded (A.T.O.L 11462) and all payments are fully secured, therefore giving our customers confidence and peace of mind their dream holiday is in safe hands.

The website was very easy to use, but I was not impressed by the billing department. When I placed my order on 15th Jan, the website said that the deposit was due now, and the remainder on 30th Jan. I clicked on "pay full amount" but it only took the deposit. On 17th I received a very aggressive email saying that I was very late paying the full amount. The order confirmation still said 30th. When I called to discuss, I was told that there is no connection between your website and the billing department, and that yes I needed to pay immediately. How can your website not show the correct billing information? This was not a pleasant experience to be accused of late payment, especially when actually I had tried to pay on the 15th.
It was very easy booking online, but no one told me that my flights will not be confirmed for another month, I had to ring back and ask, I was told it is because of Covid, it would have been helpful to know that as I was concerned that I was unable to enter my passport details and I when want onto the BA website some random email address and phone number were underneath my name, which was actually entered incorrectly your end. So going forward I think it’s best to advise everyone of this.
Hello Charlotte, thank you for your feedback about this we will address accordingly.
booking was easy enough, very disappointed that you pay a deposit, and the new coronvirus starts up, i was told that if the airline cancels the flight you can get a refund, but you only get a credit note if you are not allowed into the country you have booked for, or if you are not allowed out of the uk, my holiday is costing almost £5000, which is a lot of money gone from my account, i dont want a credit note for my money, i would like my money back, after all i paid in cash so think i should get cash back. give them credit they gave me a week extension on my payment date, im very nervous about spending £5000 only to be told just before my holiday we cant go, i would accept a credit note for my deposit, but i doubt that would be approved, i know its not their fault, but its so unfair, there should be something in place to cover this, i have to pay the balance by next sunday, what would you do? pay or loose £200, i'm desparate to go on holiay,
David we can appreciate your dilemma, however, in relation to what the airlines and hotels offer under such circumstances, it is, as you point out, beyond our control. We have dealt with this ongoing situation for many months now and always try to achieve the best outcome. Since your departure is 3 months away we hope that it will be better to allow travel or clearer by then about options but unfortunately, we cannot predict this.
Booking process simple and received my docs. However still waiting for answer to my query about airline e tickets so I can book my seats.
Mr Powell our customer service department has an auto reply to manage your expectation about timescales for response and they will address your enquiry. We therefore appreciate your patience.
Booking was excellent but failed to tell us half the hotel was not open!!
We trust that you have raised this in the correct manner for investigation Mr Strudwicke.
Well the booking process was easy enough, and the speed of production of an acknowlegement reiterating what we had booked was impressive stating that we had paid the deposit and that the balance was due in December. That was the Tuesday . On the thursday we received an email that we could not open & download as we were away for the next 3 days. On Sunday AM we came home to a very strongly worded email stating that the balance of our holiday was overdue and that all sort of charges might be incurred if we did not pay up immediately (and some of the details of flights etc were wrong) . A phone call to the customer service line was answered by an automated message and 2 Emails since to customer services asking them to speak to me to explain what was going on have not even been acknowledged. Sorry - we are not impressed - and this was our first booking with the company - unless this is sorted soon it might be our last
FIRST TIME USED, SO CAN'T COMMENT UNTIL AFTER HOLIDAY!
After booking a holiday last week cannot understand why an extra £100 has been put on the final bill, have telephoned twice now and the agent has not responded on both occasions. Would be good to get an answer as so I have peace of mind.
Great pricing and quick to sort the holiday, however slow customer service and incorrect flight details provided, casuing a lot of wasted time haging on the phone to the airline to get the right info!
More contact would be preferred
destination2.co.uk 3 star review on 5th October 2021
Booked holiday 16 September and I received an email saying I would get further contact within 72 hours by telephone or email but today is 22nd september and I've still not received call or email.
Lisa we are sorry that you cannot locate the booking paperwork and will arrange resend. Please kindly check your junk or spam mail folders in case it is filtered.
It was easy to find a good deal but I’ve been struggling to get hold of anyone to get a confirmation of my booking, it’s now been 5 days.
Hello Nitasha, although you do not mention in what way you have attempted contact, we will arrange a resend of the paperwork. Please ensure you check your junk/spam mailfolders in the next 24 hours as often customers email account filters divert there.
Tried to book online. Got different quotes at different times of the day which were around £1000 different in price for exactly the same holiday. Have you and rang Shauna the agent who was great, she amended our dates slightly to reduce the price. However, the same evening, I decided to do online quotes again and the price had gone back down which means we are now overpaying for the same holiday. Baffling!
Thank you for your feedback, Deborah. The website costs and availability can change rapidly as suppliers receive booking requests from many sources and unfortunately, this is a matter over which we have no control. However, our agents will always endeavour to offer the best possible options for your personal needs at the live costing at the time of booking. We do hope that this has clarified the process.
Would really appreciate the opportunity to speak to someone.
We are unsure as to which department to refer your request but we do trust that our team will be able to assist as we have asked for a call back.
The price went up 50 % from the price booked on the internet . The reason given was the original booking was Rogue and not available
Mr Shaunak our website terms do state that it is not live and bookings are a request only. We are sorry if this was overlooked.
Staff managed to get me a good Package for our holiday but the problem was to get someone to ring you back for an important query. I think you could do better in responding to calls and also waiting time for calls to be answered.
Thank you for your feedback Menna, we are sorry if you experienced delays in answering your call. Volumes have been high leading into the bank holiday as people decide to travel last minute.
Sean was very easy to deal with and knowledgeable. Still waiting for a confirmation email however 3 days after booking and no way to contact him direct
Jonathan thank you for your comment, we will address this internally since it seems to be a training issue but we can see that you have now contacted our customer service team who have sent the paperwork. We apologise for the inconvenience.
really need to have more means of communication as its frustrating and stressful when we cant communicate prior to receiving our holiday pack which still hasnt arrived yet.
We do apologise if you did not receive the documents on booking and for any inconvenience. According to our records, these were sent on 15 August 2021 but we will resend the pack and ask that you check your spam/junk folder for any filters.
Being told on the phone that they can’t email me the quote we just went over, somewhat reluctantly, because they are too busy and there are 12 people waiting is not the kind of service I expected from you. I rang back to speak to the guy to book it, the lady said he’d call me me back in a min. That call didn’t come. Ironically I booked online a more expensive trip to Dubai. I understand it’s busy times in your industry but people are spending a lot of money on travel and this one guy was far off good customer service. V disappointed. I’ve just spent 2.2k on a trip to Dubai with you guys and unfortunately would rethink to recommend.
Nicholas we are sorry to hear about this experience. Quotes are not usually emailed since prices are live and may not stay the same when a booking is actually made if the suppliers alter them. A verbal quote effectively is not guaranteed if not booked straight away. This is the main reason they are not sent and the time taken to do so in such circumstances is not productive. Our lines have been extremely busy lately as travel begins to resume, and we regret that all of this was not expressed better. But we do take on board your comments about promised return calls and thank you for your honest opinion. We welcome your custom and are sure that any future experience with us will be to your satisfaction.
This is my second booking with Destination2. The first experience with D2 wasn't excellent because, unfortunately, my trip was cancelled due to COVID, and I had to fight to have my money back for months. Eventually, I had my money back through my Credit Card agreement which paid me upfront the amount I have paid to Destination2. I will try again booking exactly the same trip for a future date, and I am wondering if the trip will be cancelled again; what will happen this time
Hello Pedro, refunds were sadly taking a long time to come back from suppliers and airlines back then but as is confirmed by you receiving your money via chargeback, the refund to you was never denied only delayed beyond our control. We could have rebooked your holiday as an alternative at that time but are very pleased to welcome you back as a customer none the less. Clearly the unprecedented circumstances affected your review rating and we hope that your future trip travels as planned and you enjoy a wonderful holiday.
destination2.co.uk is rated 4.44 based on 561 reviews