destination2.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend destination2.co.uk
Read destination2.co.uk Reviews

About destination2.co.uk:

Destination2.co.uk is a long-haul luxury Travel Operator. We specialise in providing luxury holidays to destinations all over the world at affordable prices.

With a wealth of experience in the travel industry, our specialist long-haul consultants are passionate about discovering and sharing new and exciting destinations and offer their expertise, knowledge and personal experience based on a variety of premier long-haul destinations across the globe.

Destination2.co.uk’s standing in the travel industry means it is able to secure some of the best rates available and pass these savings on to our customers.

All holidays booked through Destination2.co.uk are fully ATOL Bonded (A.T.O.L 11462) and all payments are fully secured, therefore giving our customers confidence and peace of mind their dream holiday is in safe hands.

I’ve been waiting for 3 days for a question to be answered via email. No reply when I call
Mrs Paxton our auto-replies state 7 working days for enquiries received and having waited for 3 days, the department is still within that timescale. We are sorry if you have overlooked the auto-reply content and found it necessary to post such a negative review as a result. Our website advises the methods of contact and telephone number. The line is open 9-5. We can investigate why there is no reply when you call, assuming the correct number was used and would be happy to do so if you email in your telephone number and details of when the call was made.
Horrible after sale customer care and takes no responsibility for their inefficient service and missold holidays! NOT RECOMMENDED!
We are sorry you find it necessary to post this review, we have dealt with your complaint and it would seem your personal expectation was not met in relation to the holiday, but this was not due to any misselling on our part as has been clarified.
I have an urgent inquiry I cannot speak to anyone as my holiday now not within 30 days I am offered the “bot” but this is a non standard question
Dear Derek, we do not have a customer service policy which prevents speaking to customers who are not travelling inside 30 days. You can call, email or use the live chat facility to connect with the customer service team for any enquiry. Can we suggest that you at least do so since we do not see that you have. If you have contacted our sales team instead however, they may have other priorities to address and we appreciate your understanding of this.
Terrible customer service. Still trying to resolve an issue with them - it’s like talking to a brick wall; computer says no. Don’t use them.
Miss Hendy since you booked online and chose the arrangements yourself, we would anticipate that customers ensure they meet requirements before proceeding. However, our team is now dealing with your multiple enquiries as quickly as possible and we would appreciate your understanding that they cannot always answer such without reverting to suppliers and the hotel which takes longer. They do appear to be dealing with this in the timeframe you should expect and will ensure you have full and accurate replies to inform your decision as soon as they are able.
Dear destination 2 team, I have been disgusted by the treatment of your staff in regards to my hotel booking. My family and I are British and yet because of my husband and my children's surname being of Arabic descent, their nationality was continally questioned even after sending copies of our passports (which is highly unusual for an online booking). I have tried to cancel this booking but still no answer from customer service for 2 days. Please advise if this is your usual manner of prejudice? I look forward to getting my refund in FULL!
Dear Ms Browne, please be assured that we nor the hotel /hotel supplier are prejudiced. You made your booking online and our terms state that the beneficial rates are specifically for those reservations made through the UK market where guests are UK residents. This can often be overlooked and is therefore checked. It is the hotel that is asking for the information required and we are doing so to prevent any issues on your arrival. If the hotel believes guests do not live in the UK there will be an additional charge, which is normally a large increase we would not wish you to incur.
I had never heard of Destination2 and booked hotel through them. Far too expensive compared to other websites made such a big mistake. No point helping small businesses after all. Didn’t get the best rates or the correct room. Expected 3 people to sleep on one large superior bed. Teenaged kids. Such a mis-sell.
Mr Khan, we can see that you selected the rooms yourself when making the booking online and had presumably researched the property before doing so. Our advisory for these clearly mentions 'Please be aware children sharing room with parents may have to share existing bedding' and it would be for your discretion if you proceed. We do not expect any customers to share unreasonably but the property search is guided by your entering numbers of adult/children plus children ages. The superior bedroom type is of king size and also has an extra bed so does accommodate 3. We obviously do not know if that is suitable for the gender mix of guests so would be reliant upon your making enquiries before booking to be sure it meets more specific personal requirements. However, we can certainly look at any amendment you now wish. Under the circumstances, we do not feel this is missold.
Booked a hotel in Las Vegas while reading reviews and understood that hotel is actually a crap and pictures are fake. Decided to cancel it within first 10 minutes after booking was done. Receive reply only after few days saying that cancelation fee is 90£. Thank you destination2 for stealing my money.
Dear Mr Vasiljevs, we are surprised to hear this and do trust your comment is based upon fact rather than frustration. TripAdvisor reviews show it as a 4 star rated property with only 1,980 below average reviews out of 14,195. You also chose this yourself and when booking online on our website, ticked to accept the terms and conditions of booking which included cancellation fees. We have not stolen your money, it is committed to a supplier as these terms also advise. Furthermore, as per the booking terms, any description of the property is provided by that supplier. We are sorry if the property no longer meets your personal expectation, but the cancellation fee is beyond our control.
I have booked 2 holidays this year with Destination2. The first was in February to the Maldives and then the recent one to Dubai in April. Both times we have arrived at the airport and Destination2 have not had us booked on the flights. We have had to wait right up until the check in closes to get our tickets issued which has been stressful and the last one to Dubai they were going to close the check in but the tickets came through!!! This is unacceptable and has been very stressful. We contacted the company both times, never had an apology nothing! If you want a stress free holiday I would not book with this company.
Mrs Elliott we are sorry to learn that you had such unfortunate experiences, on both occasions we had booked the flights but some administration appears to have been lacking within the supplier process through whom we deal. We do regret the inconvenience caused as a result and are disappointed if formal apology was never given but would like to take this opportunity to offer such.
Advertising holidays in Thailand, taking £5600 of hard earned money for a 10 day family holiday, 11 days prior to the date of departure and misleadingly suggesting that the covid regulations are very straight forward, one agent was impatient and very unhelpful when contacted regarding any covid related questions, and even said we also need visas or face a fine( after we’d paid for the holiday of course), whilst another said we won’t have enough time to get the sand box Thai pass.( again after we had paid) oh and because the holiday is now in 5 days we are not entitled to a refund. Beware, once they have your money they offer no advice or guidance in the locations they are offering for holiday destinations
Paul we can see that you originated your booking online on our website and the full terms and conditions including recommending the various government and airline websites for entry were available to read before you ticked to accept them. We would otherwise expect that customers have researched the destination themselves before committing to booking in this way. Thereafter, our consultants answered the questions raised by referring again to the information on those sites. We are not responsible for that information and can only pass it on but it is still your responsibility to check and ensure you can comply before committing to booking and before travelling.
Immediately after booking a January 2023 holiday I received threatening emails demanding the balance of the holiday be paid in full or all monies already paid could be forfeited. The first time I called to query this was over the weekend and customer services are closed. When I tried on the Monday morning - following the automated prompt for the payment option - the recorded message instructed me to go online for all payment matters and cut me off. Eventually after choosing another option I was able to speak with an adviser. She informed me that emails are automated and stop once flights are confirmed. Sadly she seemed to miss the point that threatening emails are distressing and unprofessional!
Mrs Brisley we are sorry for the distress caused and will look into why this happened to avoid repercussion. Thank you for your feedback about it. Some of our processes are automated so we have not had control but we do need to understand what caused the generation of such communication.
Two months down the line and still disappointed with the level of support given following our inability to travel because of a PCR positive test and Dubai not accepting a covid recovery pass. No cancellation rules were printed on our booking, destination 2 still sitting with over £1000 of our money......Poor
Graham this review is also disappointing to us as our consultant has tried to help you with rebooking rather than ignore and leave you to make an insurance claim. However, as you should know because you booked online and accepted the terms and conditions, your contract is with the hotel and it is up to them if they agree a change of dates and rates that apply. They hold your money for the reservation you could not travel to and we can only assist in such situations. These terms also describe the rules for cancelation or amendment and we are sorry you overlooked these when ticking that you accepted them.
Very disappointed with constant - excessive - price increases for our honeymoon due to changes out of our control. Lack of interest in helping with changes until I contacted the hotel directly and they contacted Destination2. After paying almost £4000 more than the original booking I was advised if we wanted to change the dates slightly there would be an additional £2000 charge so it would be cheaper to lose the deposit on the original booking and make a new booking, Poor communication when new booking was made, email received to advise the new booking couldn't be made, eventually spoke to someone about this after several calls and they advised they would speak to the hotel and get back to me. No further communication until 4 days later when another deposit was taken from my account - no communication or confirmation for a further 3 days until I phoned and complained about this. The whole experience has really taken the shine off what should have been a really special honeymoon.
Suzanne we are sorry but when amending a booking, the rates we are obliged to use are not those for entirely new business since these are ofter preferential for promotion to encourage a new customer and we are not permitted. However, when you did book online, and we had also amended the existing booking, this caused a duplication conflict which needed resolving. We are sorry that your expectation was not managed about timescales to address this but are pleased that new dates could be provided in exception to accommodate your budget.
Paid a deposit on 15 March, received an order confirmation stating “on request” and that someone would be in touch within 72 hours to confirm. It’s now 22 March and no confirmation or contact.
Mark the booking is confirmed and our advice states that you will be contacted by a consultant, either by email or by telephone. We actually emailed on 16th but perhaps this has filtered to your junk/spam mail and deleted. We have just resent this so please do check all account areas. We regret that this misunderstanding has caused a poor review.
Good deals and very cheap. BUT that’s the price you pay as it’s completely inflexible or refundable if something happens. Customer service couldn’t care less.
Dear Mr Seekings, you made your hotel only booking online and are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier which you agreed to when doing so. We are sorry if you did not appreciate this. Unfortunately, it is not a case of our not caring, but we act as your booking agent only in such situations and have to also abide by the terms and the contract you entered into.
Horrible experience so far. Made a package booking for a holiday in june. When querying the baggage details, im being told that baggae is chargable with this oaticular airline. I have checked the air lines website and the baggage allowance is free with this international flight. Even worse im told it may be a it/ or air line issue. I was told i would be given a call on monday. It is now wednesday. Had to chase up myself. No reply. Im glad this review came along because customer service are poor and packages advertised incorrectly. Horrible experience so far and toldthe person who refer me to destination2 never to advertised this company again.
Mr Sheju Rahal we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and apologise that this issue was experienced. The allowance has since been rectified and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Customer service hopeless and still don’t have the correct information to get on the airlines website in order to book particular seats. Spoke to several people and no help at all. When you paid 8k for a holiday you’d expect better!
Mr Pegg your email will be addressed in relation to this but we should draw your attention to the auto-reply that you will have received when contacting the customer service team. This does advise that there is a 7 working day timescale for response and we appreciate your understanding that they will investigate your query and reply in due course. Unfortunately, not all staff deal with the administration and therefore may have genuinely been unable to assist which we regret is perceived as not willing to help you.
Desination2 will take your money and book you on the cheapest flights they can to maximize their profit margin. Once they have your money their customer service never responds to your queries. My advice is that you are better off going to your local travel agent.
Dear Mr Forrest, you appear to have experienced a flight change which can happen and your consultant will contact you about this. It is however denied that we operate in the way you describe. Emails to our customer service team have an auto-reply about timescales for response in order to manage your expectation and they appear to be within that still. If you have emailed your consultant, please be aware that they also may not be on shift to respond as quickly as you expect but you will be contacted.
On booking the website displayed a misleading advertisement that and booking for bed and breakfast would be upgraded to half board for free, no dates are specified so it's impossible to see if you will get the free upgrade, but the way it is advertised leads you to assume that it has been applied. Following the completion of the booking I tried 3 times to verify whether the upgrade was applied, using email, and live chat twice. All times I was told someone would get back to me, no one ever did. In the end had to phone through to ask, only to be curtly told that the upgrade is only for certain dates, which still were unspecified, and the upgrade would not be applied. Shocking false advertising and terrible customer services, will not use this company again.
Thank you for highlighting this Mr Needham, it is under investigation and for review of your booking. You will be contacted via normal channels and we appreciate your patience.
Discusted with the service i booked a holiday and within 5 minutes it had reduced by £700 Upon emailing customer service i was told tough basically and i would have to cancel and lose my deposit of £198 ... worth it as i can re book and still save £500 but wont with this company they are so rubbish at customer service ... i think they are just doing it to keep deposits Hey ho ....Live and Learn ... dont touch this company
Dear Ms Morley we do appreciate how frustrating a price reduction can be. Unfortunately, since the website content is provided by multiple suppliers and hotels who may choose to offer promotional prices in order to generate new business, we have no control over when these may appear. The supplier for the arrangements may be different for your original booking and any rebook since several suppliers can offer the same. As you know, the basis for booking here is a request to purchase arrangements if they are available at the price shown, and due to supply and demand, this may not fulfil. But once you have committed and a booking is confirmed, there are associated cancellation fees charged by these suppliers. We do however wish you well in obtaining the best deal to suit you.
Went to book a trip to Dubai and it timed out with an error code. Tried again and it went through. When I checked my bank both trips had gone through and the money taken twice. Now I’m told if a cancel one of the bookings I lose all the money for that trip. With all todays cancellation policies. Is this really the case. !!
Mr Bibby will arrange that this is looked into for you, however there are immediate order emails sent once a booking is made and these were sent to you for the original and the second one. Unfortunately these bookings may have been with different suppliers who charge for cancelation, but we will investigate.
destination2.co.uk is rated 4.56 based on 1,118 reviews