Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
Dance Direct 5 star review on 4th June 2021
Suzanna
Dance Direct 5 star review on 26th May 2021
Katrina
Cheryl
Tessa G
The shoes i ordered did not fit (not dance direct fault) so i returned them around 22nd September and i have still not received my refund even though they have received the items
I am sorry that there are delays in processing your returns as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. I will pass this on to the Customer Services team so they can chase it up.
I have the same issue as I have sent few items back and almost a month with no sign of a refund.
I am sorry you have not received your refund yet. I will get Customer Services to contact you for more information so they can resolve the problem.
I haven’t received my refund that i should have recipes weeks ago
I am sorry you have not received your refund. I will get someone from Customer Services to contact you to resolve this.
I understand that Customer Services have been conversing with you and are waiting for further details from you so they can locate the items you returned and process your refund.
Ordered a few items 05/09, arrived and one item had been back ordered, but another item was missing, I emailed to advise and got no response called and was told I would receive the item in a few days as they would resend - didn’t arrive - called again and was told I would get a refund a month on and still no refund
I am sorry you have not received your refund yet. I will chase this up with the accounts department. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
I ordered a size 10 girls (a size bigger than my daughter is), there were such small not correct sizing what so ever. Wouldnt recommend buying unless you buy a number of pairs in hope you get the correct size. To be told that they are small fittings hence why I ordered a size bigger and they still didn't fit.
I am sorry that the jazz shoes did not fit. The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. If you want to return them please see the section Returns on the Dance Direct website which will tell you what to do.
I sent back my items over a month ago and haven’t had payment back.
I am sorry there has been a delay in refunding your return. I will get someone from Customer Services to contact you to resolve this.
It's frustrating this company continues to false advertise the price of its Bloch trainers. I have gone to the site believing that it's half price yet again, and surprise surprise not any colour or any size the price they advertise. Contacted them about this and still nothing has changed!! Stop false advertising to get customers to your site.
The 50% offer is on selected clearance lines only and are therefore limited to a few styles and very specific sizes. Currently the ones on offer are as follows but only in a limited selection https://www.dancedirect.com/bls0925-bloch-element-sneaker https://www.dancedirect.com/bl538-bloch-boost-mesh-sneakers https://www.dancedirect.com/bl524-bloch-criss-cross-mesh-sneakers https://www.dancedirect.com/bl570-bloch-amalgam-leather-jazz-sneakers I hope this has cleared up the confusion.
I have not received them.
I will get someone from Customer Services to look into this for you.
Refund still not processed since 23rd September despite numerous emails, calls and nobody answering live chat. Even after posting a poor review on this page still no success. I understand there is a pandemic going on but many other companies seem to be managing to function professionally and punctually. Terrible company to deal with.
Someone from Customer Services will be in touch with you to resolve this issue.
Sent you an e mail too.....ordered 9 days ago.....a week ago received e mail to say shipped, however still waiting.....appreciate more courier fault than yours but suggest look at getting different courier
The Customer Service Team have been in contact with you and are sorting this out.
No help offered still awaiting refund
As stated on the website, please expect delays in returns processing as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. Returns will be processed in date order. Please allow us some time to work through them and you will receive an automated e-mail as soon as your return has been processed. If you requested a refund then this will be processed as soon as possible.
The shoe was too small, it definitely was not the size I ordered even though it was printed so. After a week of no response via email with evidential photos the lady told me that it was trial and error and I needed to just keep ordering. I don’t think anybody has the time or money to keep reordering and sending back shoes. If you order a size you think it would be ok, not 1/2 the actual size it should be.
I have passed this to the Customer Service team who will be in contact with you
Lack of communication. Long delivery time and ended up having to open a PayPal dispute for a refund
I am sorry you had to wait so long to get your refund but I can confirm that it has been done. There was a delay in despatching your order. Due to the current circumstances we are operating social distancing measures in our warehouse, but we are now endeavouring to keep to 3 working days between order placement and despatch of the order.
Ballet shoes terrible fitting, ordered size 3 but it is no bigger than the size 1 we have at home. I also ordered a size 2.5 jazz shoes which were way bigger than the ballet shoes of size 3...
I am sorry you are not happy with your shoes. Ballet shoes always seem to come up smaller than other shoes and different brands vary in their fitting. Please contact hello@dancedirect.com if you want to return them.
Done one order and everything arrived separately on different days. I wasn’t notified this would be the case. Jazz shoes were a poor quality and didn’t represent the image online
We have more than one warehouse but only ship from one. Therefore rather than delay the whole order we shipped the ballet shoes on their own and then when the jazz shoes came in from the other site these were shipped the next day. Please send a photo of the jazz shoes to hello@dancedirect.com so they can inform the merchandising team of the difference between the image and the actual shoe.
Sizing of shoes is way off, ordered a 13 tap and ballet shoe tap shoes are huge and do not fit ballet shoes are far too small and do not fit.
I am sorry you have had problems with the sizing of the shoes. Ballet shoes always seem to come up smaller than tap shoes. Please contact hello@dancedirect.com who will help you.
I’d actually like to have my purchase before I review them?!?
You should have received one pair of ballet shoes as they were despatched on the 17th September. Unfortunately the other pair are out of stock and our supplier cannot get them to us before the middle of November. If you want to choose a different brand please contact hello@dancedirect.com who will help you.
Having ordered an item you sent the wrong colour. I was advised to email for a replacement exchange but it would take 48hrs and another 3-7 days. I have had no confirmation or acknowledgement. When the item was a birthday present I am not impressed.
Thank you for your review. I understand that you have been contacted by our Customer Service team and that they have resolved the issue.
Bonjour, une honte, commande passée le 7 septembre 2020, avec 10 € de frais de ports et personne ne sait me dire ou est ma commande ! c'est scandaleux ! On nous annonce une livraison rapide pour 6,90 € j'en est payé 10 € j'attend, j'attend, j'attend ! Je pense que c'est limite légal !!!!
Nous sommes désolés d'apprendre que vous n'êtes pas satisfaits de notre service. Veuillez faire preuve de patience pendant cette période de transition.Veuillez nous envoyer un courriel à hello@dancedirect.co.uk avec votre code postal et votre nom et nous vous fournirons une mise à jour de votre commande. Meilleures salutations
I placed my order and it took three times of contacting customer services for my items to eventually be despatched. Due to the lateness I have had to return many of the items and am still awaiting a refund (17 days after returning). Again I have contacted customer services who say they cannot trace my package and when they are unable to answer the question they close the chat. I am now over £100 out of pocket and will NOT be using or recommending this company to anyone.
Thank you for the review. Our customer service team has been in contact with you and I understand all has now been sorted.
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 3,128 reviews