Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
Dance Direct 5 star review on 4th June 2021
Suzanna
Dance Direct 5 star review on 26th May 2021
Katrina
Cheryl
Tessa G
I got my footless tights on Monday and only got them out of the package Ion Tuesday. I have just went to put them on and there’s a massive ladder down the side. These were quite expensive and I only been wearing them for four days!
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that the tights you have ordered are faulty and we are sending a free replacement out to you asap. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly on hello@dancedirect.com.
I gave only one star since they asked me my opinion. It’s the only website where items suddenly disappear! I was about to order some Capezio pointe shoes plus some leotards, suddenly all the capezio pointe were out of stock ! Why do they keep taking stock in and out of the website? Very unreliable! Not happy so I deleted the whole basket! Plus I have received several times the wrong item / colour/ size with the hassle of having to print the return label and post it back .
I am sorry you have had issues with the stock on the website. I have passed this on to the IT team and they are working to get this sorted out. If you have received the wrong item please email hello@dancedirect.com who will be only too willing to help you.
Cannot receive my shipment as sent internationally with no tracking or phone number attached International shipments must be sent with tracking so we can follow Shipment now is lost
I understand that you have been in contact with the customer services team. It usually takes 15 days to deliver to Kuwait but as things stand at the moment some things are taking longer. We are checking with Royal Mail to see if we have included the correct information on the address label as we have never had to attach a phone number before. We hope your parcel arrives soon.
It has been more than 8 days since ordering and still NO information on the shipment. Crappy service and will never buy again.
Thank you for your review and for your call earlier today. I can confirm that your order was shipped on 25th January and delivery to Finland can take 5 to 10 working days, but please note that there may be delays currently due to the ongoing restrictions. With regards to the dispatch e-mail, I am really sorry that you did not receive this and we are currently looking into this.
Fiz a encomenda em 29/11/2020 e não recebi a encomenda nem a devolução do dinheiro no valor de 39,..€. Não recomendo esse site. Enviei um e-mail a solicitar esclarecimento e até o momento nada. Uma vergonha.
Thank you for your review. A member of our customer service team has already been in touch with you and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
I'm extremely unsatisfied, 'cause: - I did order from your website on 2021-01-21 - the payment was done immediately and I can see in my bank account - waited till 2021-01-27 for the confirmation for dispatched package - did not receive any information, send and email to you regarding it and did not get any feedback - I'm in serious need of this package in next few days and not sure what I should do?
Thank you for your review. Your order was placed on the 21st January shipped on the 22nd on a non-tracked service which can take around 10 working days to arrive in Lithuania. Please note that there may be delays due to the ongoing restrictions but I hope that you will receive your parcel soon.
very poor fit
I am sorry that the shoes did not fit. The manufacturers all work to different sizing standards and we publish their sizing charts to try to help you get the correct size. If you want to return them please see the section Returns on the Dance Direct website which will tell you what to do.
Tried to order a UK 11 instead of a UK 12 (which I ordered previously) of the black CZ458 but from the order form contained with the new pair of shoes received today, you sent the UK 12 again. I don’t have time to be messing around ordering more pairs now so I’m going to have to put up with a worse fitting, different style of jazz shoe. I’m disappointed I had to pay shipping for you to send me the wrong shoes.
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues when ordering. I have checked the order and can see that one pair was ordered in a UK 11 and the Capezio pair in a UK 12 and the order was over £40 so it went with free delivery. If you would like to exchange these for a smaller size you are welcome to return them using our free returns service or alternatively you can return them for a refund.
Item not received!
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order. I can see that it was dispatched as planned on the 14th December but it looks like there are some delays with Royal Mail due to the volume of parcels they are currently dealing with. Please allow an extra few days for the parcel to arrive and you can also check the tracking information which you received via e-mail on the 14th December.
It’s just a tutu, pictures show an outfit Rip off
I am sorry you are not happy with your purchase but the description does say: * A beautiful Capezio tutu skirt from their Fairy Petals range * Stiff Tulle tutu featuring petals, perfect for all fairies out there * Team with a leotard to complete the look
I was mislead to buy an outfit that I needed for my daughters rock star day the information about delivery being on time was misleading I had to sort my delivery out with my local postoffice to make sure I will receive it on time dance direct couldn't accept that the misleading information was given to me by there staff very argumentative
I am sorry you are not happy. There is a notice on the website to advise of the current timescales and the parcel was dispatched within 2 working days rather than the 3 as advertised. When you enquired about your parcel you were given the tracking number and advised to contact your local sorting office to see if you could perhaps collect it to receive it quicker and that they may be able to help. I can see from the tracking number that it was sent on a tracked 48 hour delivery and delivered on time.
I would like to complain as I have not received the jazz shoes for school that I have paid for and ordered for my daughter 3 weeks ago could you please let me know when I would receive them ?!!!!
I am sorry the shoes have not been received. Your parcel was despatched on the same day as you placed your order and the Royal Mail Tracker says it was delivered on the 20th. We are contacting Royal Mail to ascertain where it was delivered to. We will send you an email when we have more information.
I am very disappointed! I ordered a catsuit for an upcoming workshop and was sent the wrong size. I sent it back promptly on the 9th Nov also paying for post as I couldn’t find a free returns note and requested an exchange for the size I originally asked for. I contacted them on the 25th Nov and they emailed me to say that it has now been shipped. My child is now wearing a pair of leggings and a T-shirt for this workshop Tomorrow! Fuming! Terrible customer service! I’ve ordered off another dance site and had it delivered in 48hrs. I will not be using DD again!
I am sorry that you had to wait for so long to get the correct item. If this should happen again please contact hello@dancedirect.com who will help you resolve any issues due to incorrect items being sent, without having to wait for the returned parcel to be processed.
I ordered some items from them and returned them immediately but it has taken them nearly 6 weeks to refund my credit card despite several phone calls to chase. the people I spoke to were very off hand and told me I was just in a queue and couldn't tell me when it would be one. Very poor customer services as far as I am concern.
I am sorry that there were delays in processing your returns as our returns warehouse is operating a strict covid-secure process. Due to the lock down and subsequent constrictive working conditions we did get behind in processing returns. The team have worked hard to deal with the backlog and catch up. Returns are being processed in date order and we are in a position to process them much quicker now. I am sorry you feel that the Customer Service you received was not up to standard as we always do our best to look after our customers. I will raise this with the Customer Service manager.
I sent back my daughter’s Tap shoes more than a month ago and I still haven’t received the new pair. I sent an email one month ago and none has replied. I called the customer number and someone told me that takes at least 21 day to process the form, well now it has been 30 days and nothing happened. I just feel my money are gone. Thanks for this questionable service.
I am sorry you have not received your refund. I have asked Customer Services to look into this and someone will be in touch with you.
I returned 1 pair of jazz shoes as had ordered 2 sizes. Royal Mail delivered these back to the company on 19/10/20. I have contacted via email on 2 occasions in regards to my refund but have been told this has still not been processed. I appreciate due to Covid-19 that things are different at present, however I would just like my money back.
I am sorry you have had to wait so long for your refund, we are trying our best to get up to date with returns but the new Covid rulings are delaying the processing of these. I can see that the credit was done yesterday, 19th November, and refunded to your bank. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
took over 2 months to get shoes in the right size and had to re order as they said an exchange wasn't available. I know Covid is partly to blame but over 2 months!
I am sorry you had to wait so long for the shoes but the replacements you requested were not in stock so Customer Services left a message to ask you to reorder and to say that your return had been credited to your bank. We’re sorry we’ve fallen short of your expectations on this occasion.
Still waiting for a refund from an item that Dance Direct recieved on the 14th September. I appreciate that times are difficult at the moment due to Covid, but I received a refund from another dance uniform supplier within a couple of days of its return. (items for both suppliers were sent on the same day!!!) I've used Dance Direct for years and always recommend to parents but I'm feeling very let down at the moment.
I am sorry you have had to wait so long for your refund. I can confirm that the credit was raised today and refunded to your bank so it should show up on your account soon.
Very poor return /refund policy. Almost two months after my return I still have not received my refund.
I am sorry you are still waiting on your refund. I will arrange for the Customer service team to contact you to resolve this issue.
I sent back a return on 26th September requesting an exchange for a bigger size and I still haven't received any form of communication from you. My daughter has been 4 weeks without a ballet leotard for her lessons. When I have chased I've been told there's nothing that could be done to help speed the process up.... Absolutely awful and disappointing service!!
I understand that Customer Services have been in contact with you regarding this and have sorted it out for you. I am sorry you were kept waiting so long.
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 3,150 reviews