Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Read Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

sales@chilternoakfurniture.co.uk

Tell us how Chiltern Oak Furniture made you happy
Solid. chest of drawers but drawers a little wobbly when pulled out. Perhaps a larger set of drawers might be better
Cant complain about the furniture as it is very good quality, no damage, marks etc, also was kept well informed if delivery updates. Only things were I had no phone call just before hand like I was told, luckily my decorator answered the door and also i had 5 large boxes which got taken to my front door and i had to slide them to my kitchen myself...but after checking on the delivery page as I spent over £1000 I should of had the white glove service where they take to the room, set it up and take packaging, this wasnt even mentioned. Thats the only thing letting it down.
Love the products however they took the money for the 2 units I ordered and only dispatched 1! They handled it well and got it resolved but it did take some of my time to sort and no one called me back when they said they would.
Good quality furniture. Delivery time on website stated 10 working days but usually sooner but after ordering we were told delivery would be in 12 working days which was slightly disappointing. The furniture we ordered was white with oak tops, when it arrived it was actually an off white colour which it didn’t state in description or look off white in photographs. Bookcase also had slight scuff on the side, but I’ve not contacted and complained as scuff is quite minor and I don’t want to go through the fuss of sending back and waiting for another bookcase to be delivered.
Delighted with our oak console table and helpful order processing by phone.
The quality not brilliant but ok for the price and for my hallway . The top oak had a slight chip in it. But i managed to file it smooth .
Ordered Hampshire TV unit and coffee table. Although the pieces look good the quality of the shelving and doors does feel quite flimsy. My biggest disappointment however was that the company is called Chiltern Oak, the products all have British names but on arrival the packaging has no reference to Chiltern Oak or any British brands and has MADE IN VIETNAM plastered across the box. I note this is not mentioned in your product descriptions.
Hello there. I am sorry to see that you have decided to give us a 3* review based on the country of manufacture. It's worth mentioning at this point that one of the reasons our items are low in price is because they're made in Vietnam and other areas of the far east. This is because furniture crafting and manufacturing is an abundant skill in the far east, whereas in Britain it's a very rare skill these days, certainly in terms of mass-produced furniture like this. You could expect to pay up to 4x as much for an identical item if manufactured in Britain. I guess at that point it comes down to what's more important to you. The fact our items are made overseas is not something we try to hide (some ranges such as Montpellier and Strasbourg it's actually advertised as a selling point) and we don't advertise the items as being British-made. Over the years we've found that to most people area of origin is of little importance and that price is more critical. Hopefully this doesn't put you off shopping with us in the future. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
The service and delivery was very good, however the quality of display unit could be better, especially the shelves- feels cheap.
ordering was very simple, delivery was quick and they phoned to let me know when it was coming and the delivery men were very helpful and took it into the room I wanted it. only thing that let them down is the quality of the sideboard. one of the legs looks split and the joins in the wine rack were not very flush and doesn't look smartly finished. I had to take the morning off work for it to be delivered and would need to book more time off work to have it picked up and delivered again.
It’s ok but not the colour I expected
Wrong product delivered but correct one delivered the next day. Both deliveries at the time stated.
Not very satisfied with fit, had to make an adjustment to it so we could use it.
I was not very happy with the delivery because the tables looked a little dull as if they have been in the store for a long time. Also, the smaller table had a chip/graze. I couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle of returning the tables. But, I don't think I will buy from the sellers again. On the positive note, the quality of the wood seems good.
I am very disappointed with customer service since while deliberating over which bookcase to buy I called the company to ask for further information. I made it clear that I wanted a bookcase that was fully assembled wood not flat packed chip board. They assured me that it was assembled and that I only had to put in the shelves. I was told I would have choice of delivery slot, but when contacted by the courier several days later, I was told they would arrive between 4:30-6:30 PM on a specified day. I had to cancel a medical appointment because they refused to amend the delivery or else I had to forfeit delivery by a further week, which was not acceptable. Instead, on the day, they turned up at noon. The bookcase turned out to be flat packed with full assembly required and the only wood appears to be the oak top. I could not lay it flat in the area it was meant to be placed fully assembled, so I wound up stuck with a 6 ft bookcase in the kitchen for several days, which was a huge nuisance because I could not get it out without help. Altogether, the bookcase although lovely, was not what I originally wanted (real wood, no assembly to slot in place next to the door with no stress). Customer service and delivery was appalling and I do not trust them. I would hesitate to buy anything from this company again due to my experience.
Hi Cindy. Thank you for leaving detailed feedback. Feedback, be it positive or negative, is always extremely helpful to us as it helps us to improve our services. Your comments regarding assembly of the item are deeply concerning to me because the item you've purchased is fully assembled and not flat-packed. Are you able to confirm that it is the correct item you've received? The SKU Code on the box should be WPMN30. With regards to delivery, I can only apologise that the dates you were provided weren't convenient to you. Unfortunately it's not cost effective for us to go to areas purely to deliver a handful of orders, hence it makes sense for us to pre-plan that we're heading to certain areas on certain days. I'm wondering if there has been a mix-up with the delivery time as 4:30pm - 6:30pm is not a time-slot we would offer. Hopefully in time you will be happy with the item you've received although would welcome any correspondence from you via telephone with regards to the above issues. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Overall a well made item of furniture but arrived damaged. A small scratch on the face edge. I need to contact supplier to see if they can repair it.
Pleased with the style and lovely wooden top.But really disappointed with the draw.Had to repair it as the runners for the drawer broke after just a few times of opening and shutting it.
I ordered two Chester grey medium sideboards. Upon delivery I first noticed that they weren't the same colour as they looked online, which in itself was a little disappointing. We decided to keep them as the colour grew on us. We deposed of the packaging but then noticed a few defects. There were a couple of cracks in the wood and also a dent in one of the fronts of the units that hat been painted over. Other than this the units are very sturdy and of reasonable quality for the money. Quick delivery and delivery men were very helpful and informative.
For anybody reading this, this is Part 1 of hopefully what will be a 2 part review. We ordered some ‘Portland’ bedroom furniture from Chiltern due to the look of the furniture on offer/ the competertive pricing/the good reviews and the free delivery. The furniture arrived as promised and because our purchase price warranted ‘white glove’ delivery it was to be assembled! With this in mind one would expect the delivery team to have the required tools/equipment to do the necessary, NO! My wife was asked for scissors for wrappings etc and a screwdriver for assembly. The furniture is of the quality expected but there are defects on the wardrobe and the oak top on the said wardrobe has been screwed on with the ‘face side’ inside!! I have mailed and phoned Chris and Karl at Chiltern and they assure me the wardrobe will be replaced ASAP. When this happens and if all ok, then my rating will be upped to 5. We all know that sometimes stuff gets damaged etc and we are willing to accept that.If Chris and Karl deliver as per promise then I can only thank them for the lovely furniture and quality service. As for the delivery team, get some tools👍
Suffolk Grey Painted Oak Large Hall Bench Description is misleading - 'chunky oak top' and 'a lot thicker than many similar alternatives'. Top edge of bench certainly lives up to the billing, but main area of top was relatively thin veneered MDF. Couple of other issues that took shine off what could be perfect, but is instead OK/satisfactory. Item had damage inside despite pretty good packaging, and received no response to an email sent to Chiltern Oak Furniture, but decided to repair ourselves to save hassle of sending it back. Don't think we'd buy from Chiltern again though.
Hi Mr Pollock. I'm very sorry to hear that you're not entirely satisfied with your purchase. I just wanted to put your mind at ease and let you know that no MDF has been used in the top surface of this product. Oak veneer is used beside solid oak on the top surface to prevent the solid wood from cracking. I'm very sorry that your email wasn't replied to. The only thing I can say in defence of the guys dealing with the emails is that you mentioned in your email that you would be back in touch when you'd made a decision on whether to keep the item. I would however still have expected them to acknowledge your email and I will discuss this with them. Please note that if you're unhappy with the item we will collect this for you and offer you a full refund. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Delivery was very good, arrived day after ordering. Quality was not quite as good as I expected, more veneer than oak.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.73 based on 2,609 reviews