Cutting Edge Skirting Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cutting Edge Skirting
Read Cutting Edge Skirting Reviews
I ordered a sample that hadn’t arrived for over a week after I was informed it was dispatched, after which a replacement was sent. This took so long to arrive (I’m still not sure whether it was the original or replacement that I got) that I’d already bought elsewhere
Sorry to hear there was a delay in you receiving your sample but of our samples are dispatched 1/2 days after they have been requested and are sent out by first class post.
Had architrave and skirting, architrave extremely rough, needs sanding down before it's painted.
Cutting Edge Skirting 2 star review on 1st July 2019
Ordered 4 mdf skirtings. All 4 arrived damaged. Had just enough to finish the job as over ordered. Guessing a carrier issue rather than CE Skirting.
Good Morning Simon,

We appreciate your feedback but sorry to hear that you recieved your order in that condition.

Glad to hear you were able to finish the job off.

If you had notified us straight away after getting your delivery, we would have been more then happy to offer you replacements.

Thanks for the order.

Cutting Edge
I did like how well wrapped the items were but the bottom line is either their website is confusing or they sent the wrong items. I ended up with far to many skirting board and not enough architrave.
I’m a propert doveloper and I needed a particular profile of skirting board and used this company. The delivery was prompt but the undercoat on the skirting board and architrave was dimpled and I had to sand it down before I could paint it. Given the cost this was disappointing. I don’t think I would use this company again.
Dreadful delivery service, had to wait in all day and took a day off work to do so. Skirting was at the depot on time but they did not bother putting it on a van or telling me they they were not delivering. Did not deliver next day either which was the Saturday. Took another day off work on Monday skirting was out for delivery at 8.00 by 8.30 it was back in the depot where it remained even after it was delivered at 16.00. Tracking is useless!!
Cutting edge informed me that a manager was looking into this since taking a further day off and paying guys to fit the skirting that did not turn up had cost me an extra £220.00 but 2 weeks later I've still not heard anything.
The product is OK it came packaged really well with no damage (it was streight edge skirting board) the finish on the face was a bit inconsistent some were fine but others were orange peel in texture(caused by spaying to much paint at once) the main problem was that the flat top edge felt like very rough sand paper so needed a really good sand to make it useful which kind of makes buying pre primed skirting a bit of a waste of time as once you get it to a state where it can be used you need to prime it.
Over all it worked out very expensive for what it was so would not use them again and cannot recommend them.
That said the customer service person responded very quickly and did her best to sort out the delivery problem she was very nice and very helpful it's just a pity that it was not followed up after I got the goods.
Ordered a fair bit of skirting and architrave from CE, which was 'ready primed'.
Must have been a problem with the spray machinery because every piece had a lovely tyrolean finish - the primer had been spattered on. It took hours of rubbing down with sandpaper to achieve a smooth finish before I could paint it.
Because of all the extra work involved I do not feel I could recommend CE Skirting.
Product was delivered to incorrect address and left outside which is not Cutting Edge Skirting fault - but it is their problem. I complained to Cutting Edge about the error and that some of the skirting boards were water damaged and 2 weeks later have received no response. I will be purchasing future requirements elsewhere.
very disappointed with the skirting. ordered a large amount, all the same profile, chamfered round. it was only when the lengths had been cut to go into the rooms prior to fitting that it became evident that two different profiles of chamfered, round had been supplied. one in green mdf and one in beige mdf. the green and beige were different profiles so the mitres and straight joints did not match !!!!
My delivery was messed up and they had no way to identify what had caused the problem. The guys in the office were sympathetic, and worked hard to understand what was going on but were ultimately powerless to resolve it and were unable to give me any real insight into the hold up.

On the day of my delivery I had 4 separate confirmations that my delivery WOULD be on time (i.e. within the 7am to 4pm window), including 2 verbal confirmations but it didn't appear until 2 days later. Not only was it hugely inconvenient to take off 3 days of work but due to resulting scheduling issues it put my project back for 2 weeks.

The final insult was they believed a suitable compensation was to reduce my delivery fee down from the express to the standard package, an insulting £12 refund to reflect on the entire debacle.

Poor.
Had to order (and pay for) some more skirting to replace water damaged that courier had left outside in rain. Expensive delivery charges, day late and when it goes wrong CE not interested.
The new batch of skirting was at least 2mm higher than first. Won’t be using again.
Delivered downside of house in torrential rain with no attempt to keep dry or leave a note.
Promised next day delivery so made the order. Was then telephoned to be advised as it was a Bank Holiday weekend that there was no Saturday delivery.
Order was then cancelled and made arrangements with local timber company at a substantially cheaper price.
Communication between courier and your representative was awful. We were told our items would be delivered on Thursday (partner took the day off work) but had a call on the day to explain the couriers van wasn't big enough so would be delivered on saturday. Friday afternoon had a call to say the courier was outside but nobody was home, was then told would be delivered for definite on Saturday (we stayed in all day) and nobody turned up. Our delivery turned up on Sunday evening with no advance warning, luckily we were home.
Half of the items were damaged and the wood split
Cutting Edge Skirting is rated 4.58 based on 389 reviews