Cardyard Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cardyard
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Cardyard Reviews

info@cardyard.co.uk

Tell us how Cardyard made you happy
Obviously, I'd like the margins to be less, but hey they are not a charity, but a business, and a good business at that. I was impressed at the speed of response to my queries and the speed of processing. These guys are definitely filling a gap in the market and I hope they succeed!
Thanks for your review of Cardyard Tim, and for your well wishing. I hope we see you on Cardyard again soon.
Mike
I paid £90 for a £100 pound selfridges gift card. Selfridges rarely have discounts so it felt great to get ten pound off! Also it only took a weekend for it to arrive.
Thanks for your Cardyard review Megan. I'm very glad you are pleased with our service and were able to make a great saving with a discount Selfridges gift card. Best wishes Mike
DO NOT BUY FROM CARDYARD!

I have been buying online for countless years, but this has been the worst experience I've ever had.

I tried to make a test £4 purchase to see if this site was a scam or not and it not go ahead. The same card I've used to make hundreds of online and offline purchases this year without problem.

I chased them up and they asked me for my ID. No company I've ever made an online purchase has asked me for that. I scanned and emailed them my proof of ID immediately.

Then they did not reply to me.

They simply wrote me one sentence saying "check Intercom". I had no idea what intercom was, as not a single of the hundreds of thousands of people I've communicated with by email over the years has asked me to "check Intercom".

I eventually discovered this was their online chat facility. Why they can't simply answer my email or give me a ring beggar's belief.

No replies there whatsoever. I even sent them screenshots showing there's no reply there.

I tried ringing them multiple times - no answer to the phone.

Left message to be rang back - re reply.

Tried contacting them again by email etc. But they are complete and total amateurs.

I haven't received my voucher code!

This is literally the worst shopping experience I've ever had. Wasted three hours of my time with no result.

This site is probably run by a one man/woman in their bedroom - hence never picking up the phone - probably from Eastern Europe or somewhere like that due to the poor and difficult-to-fathom English and is a complete shambles of an operation.

Don't touch them with a barge pole: you will regret it!
You made an attempted purchase on our website, but the purchase failed and you received a full refund to your credit card. You were invited to send ID to complete this purchase and you complied with this request. However, by the time you had sent the ID, the purchase had been refunded to you. You are now free to make future purchases if you wish.
Cardyard has always been fully a UK company; all staff live and work in Exeter, Devon. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce.
They are with holding my payment although I met all quarantine conditions, they seem to believe I am liable for the collapse of Thomas Cook Plc although Thomas Cook went into administration 23rd of September which is three days after the quarantine period was passed.

I am still waiting for payment
The demise of Thomas Cook is a very big and sad event. Many thousands of people have lost their jobs and their livelihoods and many gift card holders have lost all their money. You were smart enough to sell your gift card on Cardyard and we have been corresponding with you to explain that this unfortunate event has led to a delay in your payment. We expect to have this resolved within the next 2 weeks.
Sent in a gift card for £100 pounds, was told multiple times (I.e. in letters, emails, and on the website) that I would be paid £81 but only received £76. I then sent them the email proving that I should have had an extra £5 and was ignored.

Avoid this site.
I am sorry to read that you felt to write this review Kane. Our customer services team has communicated with you and explained why there was a difference. Regards Lea.
Absolutely terrible. Offered a john lewis card to them, they forced me to send a picture of the pin on the back before I got a price. I then rang up telling them I didn't wish to continue with the sale, the man was actually rather kind on the phone and said it had been taken off the site. I then went to look at the card balance a few weeks later to find they had sold it and i had no money left on the card. when I called up to complain the man on the phone was cold and rude, despicable service and a total SCAM. Avoid at all cost.
We provide a service to buy and sell gift cards. You asked us to sell your gift card for you which we did and paid you the promised sum of money as cash. During the process you asked us to stop the sale, but the card had already been sold. 4 months later you come to us and complain that the sale hadn't been stopped. I can see a need to provide clearer and more timely information on when a sale can be halted and when not.
You guys take a long time to send the money back to the consumers.
Hi Jalil, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Payment terms are as per our terms and conditions depending on the card that has been sold. Thank you for using Cardyard.
Absolutely terrible, will never use again
We have responded to an earlier review and we are sorry that you feel so strongly to leave another review regarding this. We have corresponded with you to resolve this issue and have put procedures in place. We hope to see you back in the future.
Never use this again I was told I would receive £208 and I received £167 for my £200 vouchers of John Lewis, rip off really, I will never use this site again
Hi Jackie, thank you for leaving your review. We received 4x£50 John Lewis gift cards, which would give you a cash value of £167. From our understanding, you have been paid the correct amount, however please feel free to contact us to discuss this further.
Bought a card, never worked neither in store nor online, the card had £0 on it Reported it to them and got a refund issued within a week.

Wasted more time and money then what the card was going to save me.
Hi Kaizar,
Thankyou for taking time to leave us a review.
Unfortunately, although it happens very rarely, due to our company being a gift card exchange there is a risk that this may happen.
Unfortunately you reported the issue to us out of office hours but your refund was issued the next day however sometimes banks take longer to show the money in your account
We are so sorry that you had this experience with us and would welcome you back if you gave us a second chance
Katie
I think card yard is great. They have a wide range of gift cards you can sell and buy. I love making a bit of money using them. I think it takes a long time to get your money once sold. I think that once you have sold a certain amount of gift cards you should get your money a bit faster as you are trusted. Anyway great idea and we'll run business.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review Connor. I am pleased to read that overall you are positive of the service you have received from Cardyard. We are currently reviewing our payment process how to improve earlier release where possible. Lea
Impossible to navigate the site on your first visit to sell a card. Completely UNCLEAR instructions just when you think you have finally got it done after half an hour and have an email confirming...You wake up the next day and have an email rejecting the card because you ''didn't forward the original email'' Yet A) Nothing on the site telling you how to do that and B) Why should I forward an email with details of a third party to a company I do not know?? THAT is an infringement of THEIR privacy rights as well as mine
It is bad enough that I was losing 10% of the value of the card but fore the time WASTED on this site it's just NOT worth the effort.
The ''company'' needs to make thing CLEARER on their site
Dear Tom, I'm sorry to hear you found your experience on Cardyard frustrating, but were able to take the time to write a comprehensive review. We are always grateful for feedback so we can audit our processes and improve our service. We make it very clear when selling to us we need the original e-gift cards. I appreciate this information is embedded in the process - it appears on the final sell screen and in subsequent emails, but you would have preferred it was made much clearer at the start. We are very generous with our payments; you will not find anywhere else that pays 90% face value for a gift card. We require provenance of the gift card, and if you cannot provide that, then we understand our service is not for you.
Kind regards
I was lucky enough at work to be rewarded with a significant amount of gift cards for a well known online retailer. Amazingly the item I would have spent my generous vouchers on was not available so I began to investigate options of selling my gift cards and making my purchase elsewhere. I looked at a number of companies and decided that Cardyard was the one for me.
I have to be honest, I was nervous about sending my gift cards off in the post (special delivery) to a company I have never used before and with friends and colleagues voices ringing in my ears....."be careful, you can't trust companies like that" etc etc I was a little bit on edge.
The gift cards were delivered the following day by 1pm and I received an email from Cardyard the day after delivery to confirm receipt. I assume this is because the delivery was to a PO Box rather than an office address but the one day delay did nothing for my nerves!
Shortly after I had an email to say the cards were being verified then another email five days later to confirm they were all OK and payment would be sent to me. Three days later I had the remittance advice email and the money was in my bank account.
All in all a very simple, fast and efficient service and one I would use again and be happy to recommend to others. Would I like to have been offered more money for my gift cards.... of course, who wouldn't, but I realised that I can also buy from Cardyard vouchers for the retailer I need at a discounted price so I can offset some of the loss. Ultimately I've got cold hard cash in my bank account which I am free to spend where I want as opposed to sitting on gift cards for months and months and potentially letting them go to waste.
Cardyard, you made me happy!
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to read that in spite of initial hesitations and concerns, you decided to choose for Cardyard to sell your vouchers and that the whole process met your expectations in a positive way. Indeed when shopping at Cardyard, it can save you quite some money at your favourite retailers or by selling your vouchers it simply gives you cash as and when needed. Regards, Lea
Initially I was extremely wary, however after buying a number of gift cards, I was surprised how profession and exceptionally quick they arrived through the post, the next day! Thank you... will continue using & would strongly recommend.
Thanks for your very helpful review of Cardyard Irene. All purchases are covered by our 42 day money back guarantee if there is any issue, so we should probably make more of this to give assurance. Thanks for your supporting words too.
Best wishes
Mike
Really useful service, quick and easy to use and I got more money than I expected.
Thanks for your review of Cardyard AJ and hope to see you on the site again. Kind regards, Mike
Great quick service.
And that's just for starters! I hope you are able to use Cardyard again soon. Thanks, Mike
Easy to use, good customer service. I was a bit nervous about the idea of sending my cards off, but I had the agreed money in my bank account very quickly. Definitely worth a go!
Thanks for your review Emily, and for having a go. We really appreciate you sending us your unwanted gift cards and we look forward to seeing you again on Cardyard soon. Mike
Excellent customer service. Everything quick and reliable. Not to mention best prices!
Thank you for your review Cristian.

Mike
Used this website to save a little money on Christmas presents! The transaction was simple and the voucher came through by email the same day!
You can use it along side discount codes on the shops website which is the best it!
I will be using again!
Thankyou for taking the time to leave this lovely review Rosie :) It's wonderful to hear that you were able to save money on Christmas shopping and that you found our process fast.
We look forward to seeing you again at Cardyard and thankyou for using us :)
Katie
Great concept, and brilliant service. Everyone wins.
Thankyou for taking the time out of your day to leave this review Neil. It's great to hear that you find our service brilliant :)
We hope to see you again and thankyou for using Cardyard
Cardyard is rated 4.76 based on 1,165 reviews