BritishBins Ltd Reviews

BritishBins Ltd 5 star review on 5th August 2016
MARTIN kinghoward
BritishBins Ltd 5 star review on 3rd August 2016
dawn holloway-reeves
ordered two weeks ago,still not arrived
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Any of our custom clinical items normally take between 3 - 4 weeks, so unfortunately this still may take a while longer. If your order has not arrived after 4 weeks, do please get in touch via our website. Hope you have a great day, BritishBins
The Hailo bin never arrived from British Bins. After 3 weeks of waiting the company could not pinpoint where the bin was (was coming from Germany) so I cancelled the order and ordered the same thing from Amazon, arrived within 4 days and also came from Europe.
When we placed the order on 6th January we were advised that delivery would be made within 10 days, we finally received the bin on 30th January, had we been told that it would take 24 days after placing the order we would have sourced it elsewhere.
I purchased a bin for work and when it was delivered, I was told that it cannot he returned. This is a confidential bin that is lockable (I never asked for a customised bin). Bear in mind that all confidential bins are lockable in the first place. British Bin insisted that it was customised and that it cannot be returned. They will take it back however the only amount they can return is £20 (but they’re taking the bin that I bought). The £20 isn’t even half of the £75 that I paid for it. They were very interested that I will purchase another bin, take my money again and the rest of the £75 that I paid for. The man who I spoke to was harsh when I told him that I’m not happy with his return procedure. We will never purchase from BritishBins again.
Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We welcome all reviews and publish both good .....not so good online for everyone to see.

I'm sorry that you believe the service you received was not of the high standards that we try and hold ourselves too.

I would say that it is standard practice in our industry, and carried out by all companies selling similar related products, that if you change your mind regarding a product and wish to have it collected then we charge customers a return fee.

As you can appreciate a lot of the items we sell due to the size are delivered on a pallet at considerable cost. To deliver and then collect means the company would be at a loss.

If items are faulty then it goes without saying this would be collected without any charges at all. This is all stated in our T's & C's which i appreciate is not the first thing you read when buying something but it is a good idea if you are unsure about the item, i.e size , colour, etc

We will look into your comments and see if we can learn from the experience and improve our service.

Thanks again for the feedback

BritishBins
Mis-selling as far as bin colour was concerned..
Awful after sales help. Never go near British Bins again.
I placed an order for a ‘Grey’ wheelie bin and was sent a black one. When I called I was told it was a dark grey. The item was clearly black.
Let’s pictures talk ...
After 8 months bin lids is broken
They won’t replaced
Hi Rami,

Thank you for your feedback.

If we were able to verify that the enclosure lid was indeed broken through no fault of your own we would have been able to replace free of charge as part of your warranty.

As you are well aware through speaking to the team however, the images you sent did actually suggest that the enclosure was damaged through poor use as opposed to a manufacturing quality, and it is for this reason that we refused to send the replacements you requested.

BritishBins.
When i ordered the bins i said i wouldnt be at home to take delivery untill August 2nd i even sent a separate email to the ladies details on your confirmation email saying for the second time even though i was happy to pay now could you please deliver on or after the 2nd of August.You totally disregarded both these instructions and delivered weeks ago .I wont know if the bin is there untill the 2nd of August.Cannot think why my request ( 2 requests) should have been a problem.
S.Parratt.
Hi Steven,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused with this, I have looked into this order and have seen the problem. I'm sorry to say that the first note you sent with the order was missed by our billing team largely due to the fact that processing orders placed online is largely an automated process. We are struggling to locate the second email that you have sent to us with your delivery instructions, could you let us know the address that you sent it to?

I have checked with dispatch and the bin has been left in a secure location and should be there on your return. Apologies once again for any inconvenience this might cause you.
Web page does not clear the trolley of contents when closed. As a consequence, when decided to buy the bins a week later I ended up ordering twice the number of bins needed.
One of the bins received was not what was ordered. When claimed about this I was asked to prove that it was not the wrong one (how do you confirm a negative??).
It was also demanded from me to round all bins together and take a "Group photo", to prove I was given the wrong bin. The most idiotic request I have ever received and not taking into consideration that the bins were spread over three floors and I'm not based at the delivery address.
The phone helpdesk was even worse, insisting on me doing something not practically possible, making me very angry and even accusing me of fabricating facts, based on previous mistakes also done by British Bins (!).
At the end, someone showed up unannounced and solved the issue.
Was it necessary to put me under so much stress and take nearly a month to fix this??
We are STILL waiting for delivery and the weather forecast looks as though we will be needing it in the next day or two.
Duane Frewer.
4 weeks later and I am yet to receive a simple delivery. Not impressed!
We order gray bin the company delivery black. without wheel wtf very poor custumer servise we contact to return but n answer bad
Hi Kamsat,
Whether the RAL colour we stock is 'Black' or 'Grey' is open to interpretation. It's commonly referred to as charcoal grey within the industry, but we clearly state many times all over our website 'Please note, colour shades are approximate. Black/Grey is particularly subject to individual interpretation.'

We're very sorry about the missing wheel. This doesn't usually happen, and my colleague Debra spoke with you to arrange a replacement set to be sent out free of charge. Unfortunately you never called us back when you said you would.

If you want to get back in touch, we'll be happy to send you a replacement set of wheels.

Warm regards, BritishBins
would not stick to bins waste of money
Hi Graham,
We've sold hundreds and have never had a complaint about our mini binis not sticking to bins, but as always if you had contacted us we could have sent you a replacement immediately.
The offer still stands!
Warm regards,
BritishBins
recently purchased a can crusher but it broke on the second day of use.
Hi Jaqueline, sorry to hear that. We hope that you understand that the product is just for use with aluminium drink cans, and not for food cans?
BritishBins Ltd is rated 4.69 based on 604 reviews