BritishBins Ltd Reviews

BritishBins Ltd 5 star review on 5th August 2016
MARTIN kinghoward
BritishBins Ltd 5 star review on 3rd August 2016
dawn holloway-reeves
The lids are a bit bent so they don’t close flush and the lip around the top is very short so it doesn’t compensate for this gap that can leave enough space for animals to get inside. Easy to assemble and look nice though.
Hi Mohammad - sorry to hear. That sounds like a significant structural deformation! We'll just review your order and see if there were any problems in transit. Sincere apologies, BritishBins
Sent out the wrong bin key to what was advertised on website. Full refund was issued and told to keep the wrong key.
Sorry about that, Derrick. If there's anything else you need, do please let us know!
I wanted the bin to store chircken food. It's a bit lightweight and the lid doesn't fit tightly, but it will do. Initially, Tuffnalls delivered just the lid to an address over a mile away. I phoned the supplier who immediately sent out the rest of a bin, with specific instructions to Tuffnalls to deliver it to my address. They left it at the same wrong address. It's 4 stars for BritishBins and none for Tuffnalls. I have emailed a complaint to them, but received no reply.
We're sorry this has proved to be a headache! Do please let us know if there's anything else we can help with on this.

All the best, BritishBins
Nice design and prompt delivery, I was expecting the bin to be more sturdy. Especially the cover it’s soft I can see it won’t last too long.
Still waiting for bin to be made and delivered. Around six weeks was mentioned. Obviously it is paid for so am hoping I will be getting it.,,,,
Good service, galvanised garden bin looks good and is good size for garden waste but lid isn’t as snug fitting as i hoped so smells do escape!
On the plus side: Prompt delivery time. On the negative side: It seems silly to complain about the aesthetic appearance of bins, but I did find that the bins we received were scuffed with black marks/ scratches and even had an occasional "dribble" of plastic on their surface. The bins were intended for use inside an office and I wanted them to look smart. I don't think anyone else here really noticed, but as the person who placed the order I was a little disappointed.
Size as expected but a little flimsy
Excellent customer service, unfortunately the photos and the descriptions don’t give enough information to allow a proper selection of product.
Bin stickers were ok, just a bit small.
First bin i recieved was damaged, but after sending a photo this was quickly replaced. Service was good. I felt the postage and packaging very expensive.
Hi

Many thanks for your 3 star review. We do make our delivery costs clear upfront to avoid any confusion. We generally pass the delivery costs on without making profit and we use a range of couriers and logistic companies to keep costs to a minimum.

Because we sell large items, they can be expensive to deliver !. If a book on Amazon costs around £3.99 to deliver and it doesn't take up much space you can imagine how much more a your standard council 240 litre wheelie bin costs - and most of the space it takes up is it is just air!

We are always looking at ways to keep costs down for our customers and constantly reviewing prices and charges so we remain competitive, thanks again for your feedback

BritishBIns
The specification has changed since my last order a few years ago. However I now understand the logic of this change in the cost saving for a part that is not required by all customers. Perhaps (it may exist) a prompt like - customer who have bought this also purchased the tow bar?
Hi Neville

Thanks for updating your review and understanding the logic of us no longer supplying the link - but lowering the price as a result. We did this after listening to our customers who felt that the links weren't necessary and resented being charged for it.

We will definitely look into making this clearer on our website

Thanks again

BrithishBins
Afraid we could not get the lid mechanism to work correctly so decided to use without lid. This is the second bin we have purchased and same problem?
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. This is one of Hailos best sellers for well over 20 years so were surprised to hear this.

Please get in touch , send us some pictures as well and we'll see if we can spot why the lid mechanism isn't working correctly and help you resolve this issue

BritishBins
Ordered a gravity lock for a two wheel bin, but instructions included were for a four wheel bin...Also the screws supplied were not suitable to securely fix the locking mechanism, so had to get some longer ones from Homebase
Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please get in touch so we can look into your order. Honest mistakes happen from time to time and if we don't hear from our customers then there's no way we can make right the wrong and improve our service to prevent the same thing happening again. Sounds like you may have put the screws in the wrong way round??? We can also email you the correct instructions.

BritishBins
The product is fine but the item was just dumped to an address that was not ours. Luckily the other business rang me to come and collect the item.
Hi

Sorry to hear that there was an issue with your delivery. Please contact us so we can investigate the matter so we can improve our service.

British Bins
Bins turned up with dents and jammed together.

Fit of lid varies due to bins being out of shape.

Handles have rusted out in 10 days.

You need to find a better delivery method
HI Christopher,

Many thanks for your review, Please contact us so we can look into the matter for you and make improvements to our service where possible

Kind Regards

BritishBins
Took two weeks to arrive, but delivered promptly once chased.
The courier was curt with me, I also found the lock very stiff at first.
The bin was delivered quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately one of the plastic lugs that the lid attaches to broke off after a couple of weeks
Quick delivery bin ok bit flimsy but does the job
BritishBins Ltd is rated 4.69 based on 604 reviews