Bon Accord Life Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Bon Accord Life

About Bon Accord Life: Independent Insurance Broker offering whole of market comparisons for Life Insurance, Income Protection, Accident Protection, Over 50s Life Insurance and Private Medical Insurance.

Tell us how Bon Accord Life made you happy

"I called for enquiry but from the off they were bent on making a sale. I didn't qualify for what I wanted so went along with the funeral plan insurance. I bought because I felt it was a fair substitute to what I wanted but the cost implications over the 10yrs is a lot, so will plan to pay ASAP to avoid that. It is insurance, so same as other insurances against what ever you pick. Whether costs increase as they say it will can only be left to be seen."
"After feeling there was 'no-one there' keeping in contact (the original guy didn't keep in contact) I got through to a very helpful lady who was 'on the ball' and extremely helpful. She listened to my description of some medical information and on feeling Zurich had been surprisingly harsh in their decision she took my case higher and on review I was accepted."
"I thought that the web site I used would give me a comparison of different providers as it was showing a variety of companies. The following telephone call was from "Golden Charter" and it seemed that the site was for this company ONLY, this was very misleading! The gentleman that contacted me was very pleasant, though I did feel "pressured", he KEPT repeating things about how good "Golden Charter" were. I did decide to start a plan as I didn't want to repeat this experience by "shopping around"."
(Golden Charter Fixed Monthly) - Posted 2 years ago
Dear Karen

Thank you for taking the time to review our service.

We try to ensure any associated websites are as clear as possible so customers are aware that they will receive a call from a qualified insurance specialist and apologise that in your case this has been misunderstood.

Golden charter are the main funeral plan option that we currently offer but we are an independent whole of the market insurance broker and we believe we have the widest funeral insurance provider range offered by any UK intermediary. We would be happy to send information regarding these products for you to compare against the sourced cover.

Please call us directly on 0800 779 7450 and we would be happy to organise this or indeed if you have any further queries, concerns or questions.

Thanks

Bon Accord Life
"Worried about it not covering cancer or if if I get murdered by someone out of my family have to be careful it's a dangerous world and I don't want my kids and husband to suffer"
(Legal And General) - Posted 2 years ago
Dear Mrs Kimpton

Thank you for your review.

All our Life Insurance plans cover all eventualities of death with the exception of suicide within the first 12 months.

If you would like a quote specifically for cancer cover within a Critical Illness policy I can ask Danielle to contact you?

Thanks

Bon Accord Life
"The procedure of setting up the policy involved , Bon Accord Life, LifeQuote, Direct Life and Zurich. During the evaluation period I received calls at home in the evening and it was not clear whether the calls were connected with my enquiry to Bon Accord or from a separate company. My contact at LifeQuote had to refer straightforward questions to Zurich which led to inconvenient delays in setting up the policy. My criticism is that there is poor communication between your companies. In one instance I was advised that my direct debit had been cancelled which was incorrect."
Dear Mr Atkin

Firstly, we would like to apologise that the process was not as straight forward as it should have been.

Regarding the concerns you raised above we have looked into the current procedure and will endevour to make sure the proper distinction is made between us and Lifequote. Also I have been in touch with Lifequote to make sure that they are clearer on their end and to make sure that communications between our two companies are made effectively.

Thanks for your honesty and your feedback which has given us a chance to improve. Thank you also for choosing Bon Accord Life when sourcing your Life Insurance.
"The agent should have started the call by warning me that the call was going to take between 30 and 45 minutes and "Would that be convenient for you or could I call you back at a more convenient time". As a result, I was constantly rushing her and becoming more and more impatient which was not actually fair on her when she was trying to be thorough."
Dear Deborah. Thank you for your feedback. Depending upon the provider and the medical disclosures a fully underwritten application can vary significantly from customer to customer. We appreciate your comments though and will endeavour to provide a better indication of the length of calls in future and arrange a call back if not convenient. We hope you are happy with what you have set up with us and will consider us for any other of your insurance needs. Thanks. Bon Accord Life.
Bon Accord Life is rated 4.60 based on 215 reviews