Bon Accord Life Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend Bon Accord Life

About Bon Accord Life: Independent Insurance Broker offering whole of market comparisons for Life Insurance, Income Protection, Accident Protection, Over 50s Life Insurance and Private Medical Insurance.

Tell us how Bon Accord Life made you happy

"Completed an online form for life insurance, i was just browsing and looking for quotes, on Monday I got a phone call and spoke to Gary Mitchell at first he seemed really nice and helpful but as soon as I said I was just looking for quotes and keeping my options opened his attitude changed! I felt like he was backing me into a corner to do the application there and then although I said to him numerous times that I'm only looking for quotes and advise and would like to gather enough information before going ahead. He made me feel really uncomfortable on the phone call that I had to end up hanging up ending the phone call. Now bon accord will not stop phoning me I feel harassed at this stage having 4/5 missed calls every day and now they have passed my phone number to other insurance companies I'm getting bombarded with calls which should be against data protection. I think this firm is very unprofessional and should not make customers feel like they have to sign up to something they don't want to nor bombard with calls. Ough to work on customer service skills. If this continues happening I'll be seeing to it further!"
Thank you for your review and we apologise for the poor level of service you have received.

Firstly I can assure you that we do not, and would not, pass your details, or anyone's details on to any other company.

We are very keen to investigate all the issues you have raised but need to clarify your details to be able to fully complete an investigation. From your registered email address it looks like we have called and spoke to you once, and had a total of 5 other calls go to "busy".

Our compliance team can verify this and can also review the call made to yourself which made you uncomfortable. Clearly that is not good enough and we apologise for making you feel this way.

If you could please email compliance@bonaccordlife.com confirming the number we called you so we can look into this as a matter or urgency.

Thank you, Bon Accord Life.
"I had a very unsatisfactory conversation with Dylan McGregor over life insurance. I was made to feel like I was some sort of criminal. All I did was complete an online enquiry form on a web site and got this uneccessary event which I am still very annoyed about several days later. I am now receiving unsolicited emails which had triggered this review. In my view you should avoid contact with this firm and sit down with somebody face to face. That way you might be treated with some adult respect. Also surprise surprise I am since getting loads of dodgy telephone calls so I guess they have passed on my details. I will be making further complaints to the relevant regulatory bodies about this firm."
Dear Steve

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience and apologise on behalf of Dylan for how he made you feel. We are very keen to investigate all the allegations you have raised. In order to do this we require your full name or phone number we called you on. This will allow us to listen to all calls and check and correspondence. Please can you provide these details to our Compliance Manager, Blair.Mitchell@bonaccordlife.com.

Lastly, we can assure you we take data security and privacy very seriously and never pass any details on to any un-authorised third parties.

We look forward to hearing from you and hope to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.
"Apologies to anyone who read my initial review and spent any money with this company. I bought a policy based on what I had been told, thinking I had got a good deal. Turns out I had been 'misinformed' about the deal and as such meant that the deal I got was not what I wanted and a bad deal for me (deal sold by Sean MacLean). Subsequently I have had no end of trouble trying to get a refund for a situation created by this company. They do not respond to emails, the do not return calls - in spite of numerous promises that they would (Kelly is the person they refer too as dealing with things but she is never available to speak to - even when she is sitting next to them!). They make all sorts of promises when I call them but nothing happens - they have admitted they are at fault but have done nothing to rectify the situation they have created. 2+ months later they are forcing me to go to the financial ombudsman because they will not respond to my complaint. My advice and, I cannot express this strongly enough, is to look elsewhere for financial needs this company are very poor."
"Recently advisor from this company contacted me regarding life insurance and I found them providing sub standard advised and lack of product knowledge."
Dear Sir

Firstly sorry for your bad experience of our company.

I have observed the call and your consultant Scott was giving information into non medically assessed life cover which unfortunately we do not provide to people under 50 which explains the knowledge gap.

I am sorry to hear that you feel the policy that Scott offered to you was not appropriate and I will be sure to provide feedback to the team to ensure we are more aware of the product you have now taken through a different company.
"I have had to write to Rangers FC and ofcom today. As a Rangers FC fan I am being called minimum 4 times a day by this desperate company to take out life insurance. They call com Manchester or Stirling and won't take no for an answer. What a reputation you are giving to MetLife who I am also contacting with details of everyone who called me."
Dear Mr Douglas

I have investigated your complaint regarding the way Bon Accord Life have conducted ourselves when attempting to source you a Metlife Multi Protect policy this month.

Firstly, we apologise for any part we have played in causing you any frustration and rest assured we always take negative feedback very seriously. After looking at our own records we called you twice on the 18th of this month with no answer but spoke to you on the 20th. This call was the initial explanation of the MetLife product, at the end of the call we arranged for all the information to be sent via email and then to callback on Monday the 23rd of January at your request.

My colleague Sarah tried once as requested, on Tuesday we tried four times over the course of the day, we then tried once on Wednesday and twice yesterday (Thursday). I am sorry to hear you feel these attempts to contact you were excessive but please understand if we had managed to get a hold of you at any point and you let us know you were not looking to proceed at this stage we would have accepted this and you would not have received any further calls. However, at no point did you let us know that that you did not want the cover.

I have now removed your details from our system and updated Sarah to make sure that you receive no further calls.
"Cold called me on my landline, explained I had life insurance and wasn't interested. The member of staff refused to accept this and kept trying to pressure me to take cover with them. I eventually hung up. Since then I've revived 2 further calls on my mobile in spite of being asked to be removed from their lists. The staff do not listen when they're told you're not interested and continue to try and force you to take out their cover. The lowest of the low in my opinion. Hard sell techniques being used."
"I am registered for no cold calling. Someone called purporting to come from this Company and having received my details from Rangers FC database. I have not bought tickets, merchandise or anything else from that source. So where did my details come from? Do they not check with the TPS register before having their people call?"
We are sorry to hear of your concerns. I can assure you we follow all TPS guidelines and take data security extremely seriously. We have passed your concerns on to our Compliance team who will aim to resolve any issues and hopefully put your mind at ease over why we contacted you.
"I was contacted by a young lady from Bon Accird life in connection with a life insurance policy I took out with Aviva in 2012. She introduced herself, but did not explain the connection between Bon Accord and Aviva; then she proceeded to undertake a review of my requirements, asking a number of personal questions. I was reticent to divulge some of the information she was asking for, largely because of my increasing suspicion about her imtention. She advised that my existing policy could be conveyed to a different product offering the same return for a smaller monthly payment. When I said I wasn't interested in changing my policy she inferred that I must be stupid, at which point I disconnected the call. My advice to others would be to be wary of cold callers from Bon Accird Life........"
Dear Mr Smith Thank you for your email. Firstly, please accept my apologies for your negative experience. At Bon Accord Life we do not cold call and under our regulatory requirements have an obligation to our clients to keep them informed of market changes or policy adjustments that could benefit them. This is of course optional and we would be happy to remove you from future contact if you desire. We have reviewed the call and noted Hannah completed the DPA with you as well as confirming she was calling from Bon Accord Life in relation to the Aviva policy we set up. As you stated we arranged your Aviva policy in 2012 and were re-contacting you primarily because you did not put your initial policy in trust and for many customers this can be of enormous benefit to them from both a financial and peace of mind perspective. While this is a free service we completely respect your decision not to take us up on this offer. Further into the call Hannah then as part of her service, looked at ways of helping you save money or improve your cover. A lot of questions were asked but only questions that would have been needed to get the up to date quotes. From reviewing the call we did not identify any reason why you felt that Hannah implied you were stupid and believe she conducted the call in a professional manner. We do though apologise for giving you this impression. We hope that you continue with the plan we arrange for you in 2012 and we would be happy to discuss your experience in more detail to help us improve our service. In the first instance please contact our compliance team on 01786 477 800. Thank You. Bon Accord Life.
"We was miss sold this policy.My husband is a professional driver(Not covered) I have osteoporosis(Not covered) So we cancelled policy same day as we received the paper work.Only they did not bother to cancel as wished and went ahead and took payment.Not been at tall helpful in solving the issue.Would not recommend to my worst enemy.Livid"
We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy and that our service has fallen short of the high levels of service you quite rightly expect to receive.

With regards the policy itself, the plan you chose was the MetLife Multi-Protect plan. We understand your husbands occupation is an HGV driver which is covered on the plan - Please see this handy link from MetLife - http://www.metlife.co.uk/uk/campaigns/Owl/MetLife_AP_sales_aid_A4_driver.pdf.

I think where the confusion may be here is the fact that Professional Divers are not covered as this is considered to be one of the low number of excluded occupations. If your husbands was a Professional Diver the application would not have been processed. Please rest assured that if you decide to take another MetLife plan that professional drivers are very much covered and it looks like this was simply down to you mis-reading the word "Divers" as "Drivers".

With regards the osteoporosis, there is an exclusion on the broken bones benefit for this condition so I understand if this was your main area of concern why you may have re-considered purchasing the plan. I can confirm though that osteoporosis is covered under the hospitalisation benefit which kicks in after the plan has been in place for 12 months. This covers accidents or sickness and includes pre-existing conditions such as osteoporosis. All other aspects of the plan would of course be covered from day 1 such as the accidental death benefit and the various pay-outs for accidents and injuries.

Please accept our apologies that the plan was not cancelled resulting in MetLife taking a Direct Debit from your bank. I can confirm that on receipt of your complaint today our compliance team have organised a full refund of your premiums and cancelled your plans with MetLife. Our team turned this around and resolved this issue within the same day and I hope that goes someway to restoring some faith in our service.

Once again please accept our apologies for you having to complain and hope the above at least clears up some of the issues regarding the policy and the service you have received. We are proud of the fact that the vast majority of our customers are delighted with the service and products that we provide them with and hope that one day you too could join them.

If you would like to discuss any of this further or in light of the policy covering professional drivers and would like to re-instate your plan please contact our compliance team on 01786 477 800.

Many thanks

Martin@Bon Accord Life
"This Us the second time that you have forced polices on me that I don't want. So could you cancel any Inssurancs policiy that you have In my name. I am not happy with this forceful action you doing to sell your products. Y P Manston"
(Engage Mutual) - Posted 3 years ago
Dear Mrs Manston

Firstly we apologise for the inconvenience caused by the service levels you received. In any event where a customer is unhappy with our service we accept that we have failed to deliver the high level of service that you rightly expect and deserve.

Our records show that we arranged a policy on the 29th of February 2016 but we do not have any records of any other policies previously arranged.

As a company we always endeavour to keep the customers best interests at the heart of everything we do and we are sorry to hear that you feel the policy was forced upon you. After listening to the call we believe the end of the conversation with your husband was completed quicker than the standards we set and appreciate this must have had an impact on your feelings and caused the possible confusion that followed.

We have a strict and robust monitoring process and on this occasion the sale was not conducted as effectively as what we would expect from our consultants. Feedback will be provided to the individual to ensure all our clients are given the appropriate time to ask further questions or fully raise any concerns.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally and attempt to regain your trust.

Blair Mitchell, Compliance Manager - Bon Accord Life.
"i required a policy 50plus plan with LV.i was given information that i would pay premium until age 81 and terminal illness cover for£50per month. what i got was my details have been passed to third parties without my knowledge and i must pay premium until age 91 and there is no cover for terminal illness. Sorry this is not acceptable.I have spoken to LV and cancelled the policy Thank you."
Dear Narrinder Gupta Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear of your concerns. We do not pass your details on to any unauthorised third parties and we take data security extremely seriously. The only external company who we would pass your details to would be LV= in order to process the cover you asked for. I have passed this on to our Compliance Manager who will review the call recording and attempt to get in touch with you within the next 48 hours.
Dear Narrinder Gupta

I understand you have now spoken with our Compliance Manager and have decided to keep one of the two plans we arranged for you. I understand there was some confusion as our consultant was discussing two different policies with you and we apologise for this mis-understanding. Thank you for your business and we hope that you are happy with what we have arranged for you and that you will come back to us in the future for any further needs. Thank You. Bon Accord Life.
Bon Accord Life is rated 4.59 based on 230 reviews