Bon Accord Life Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend Bon Accord Life

About Bon Accord Life: Independent Insurance Broker offering whole of market comparisons for Life Insurance, Income Protection, Accident Protection, Over 50s Life Insurance and Private Medical Insurance.

Click Here

Tell us how Bon Accord Life made you happy

"Apologies to anyone who read my initial review and spent any money with this company. I bought a policy based on what I had been told, thinking I had got a good deal. Turns out I had been 'misinformed' about the deal and as such meant that the deal I got was not what I wanted and a bad deal for me (deal sold by Sean MacLean). Subsequently I have had no end of trouble trying to get a refund for a situation created by this company. They do not respond to emails, the do not return calls - in spite of numerous promises that they would (Kelly is the person they refer too as dealing with things but she is never available to speak to - even when she is sitting next to them!). They make all sorts of promises when I call them but nothing happens - they have admitted they are at fault but have done nothing to rectify the situation they have created. 2+ months later they are forcing me to go to the financial ombudsman because they will not respond to my complaint. My advice and, I cannot express this strongly enough, is to look elsewhere for financial needs this company are very poor."
"I wanted to let you know I am extremely happy with the service Mellissa Lowrie provided when setting up our cover. I didn’t feel pressured about taking the cover like I did at the bank. Thanks again and I’ve recommended you to friends and family members."
"I have had to write to Rangers FC and ofcom today. As a Rangers FC fan I am being called minimum 4 times a day by this desperate company to take out life insurance. They call com Manchester or Stirling and won't take no for an answer. What a reputation you are giving to MetLife who I am also contacting with details of everyone who called me."
Dear Mr Douglas

I have investigated your complaint regarding the way Bon Accord Life have conducted ourselves when attempting to source you a Metlife Multi Protect policy this month.

Firstly, we apologise for any part we have played in causing you any frustration and rest assured we always take negative feedback very seriously. After looking at our own records we called you twice on the 18th of this month with no answer but spoke to you on the 20th. This call was the initial explanation of the MetLife product, at the end of the call we arranged for all the information to be sent via email and then to callback on Monday the 23rd of January at your request.

My colleague Sarah tried once as requested, on Tuesday we tried four times over the course of the day, we then tried once on Wednesday and twice yesterday (Thursday). I am sorry to hear you feel these attempts to contact you were excessive but please understand if we had managed to get a hold of you at any point and you let us know you were not looking to proceed at this stage we would have accepted this and you would not have received any further calls. However, at no point did you let us know that that you did not want the cover.

I have now removed your details from our system and updated Sarah to make sure that you receive no further calls.
"Cold called me on my landline, explained I had life insurance and wasn't interested. The member of staff refused to accept this and kept trying to pressure me to take cover with them. I eventually hung up. Since then I've revived 2 further calls on my mobile in spite of being asked to be removed from their lists. The staff do not listen when they're told you're not interested and continue to try and force you to take out their cover. The lowest of the low in my opinion. Hard sell techniques being used."
"I spoke to a gentleman named Chris and he was very helpful and friendly. He gave me impartial advice and I decided to open a policy today. His customer service skills were excellent and I am very happy with the new policy"
"Lisa Wright is a lovely sales lady, very thorough, knowledgeable and helpful Anne Warwick"
"I recently bought a MetLife policy from Rachel Paterson and am very satisfied with the level of cover until the time comes for me to buy life insurance. Rachel explained everything clearly and with complete professionalism - fantastic customer service and I will certainly be back to purchase life insurance from her."
"just had a whole of life insurance policy,very professional consultant Peter Eakin. would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone 5*****"
"Brilliant, very happy with the friendly service, thankyou shauna for sorting me & my wifes policys"
"I was getting a couple of Bon Accord products for me and my wife, and our advisor Traci (with 'i') got me through everything for the long process, with patience and kindness. And humour, very important, that. She explained to me everything whenever and wherever I needed it, twice sometimes. Extremely helpful and knowledgeably lady, and it is good to have someone dedicated to your case. I think it was exceptional service and I am very happy. Hopefully the rest of my relationship with the company will be like that forever. ;-) Best L"
"Spoke to Shauna and explained what I wanted,she was very efficient and explained everything without the jargon we took out the policy we wanted with the payments we could afford,"
"I am registered for no cold calling. Someone called purporting to come from this Company and having received my details from Rangers FC database. I have not bought tickets, merchandise or anything else from that source. So where did my details come from? Do they not check with the TPS register before having their people call?"
We are sorry to hear of your concerns. I can assure you we follow all TPS guidelines and take data security extremely seriously. We have passed your concerns on to our Compliance team who will aim to resolve any issues and hopefully put your mind at ease over why we contacted you.
"I was contacted by a young lady from Bon Accird life in connection with a life insurance policy I took out with Aviva in 2012. She introduced herself, but did not explain the connection between Bon Accord and Aviva; then she proceeded to undertake a review of my requirements, asking a number of personal questions. I was reticent to divulge some of the information she was asking for, largely because of my increasing suspicion about her imtention. She advised that my existing policy could be conveyed to a different product offering the same return for a smaller monthly payment. When I said I wasn't interested in changing my policy she inferred that I must be stupid, at which point I disconnected the call. My advice to others would be to be wary of cold callers from Bon Accird Life........"
Dear Mr Smith Thank you for your email. Firstly, please accept my apologies for your negative experience. At Bon Accord Life we do not cold call and under our regulatory requirements have an obligation to our clients to keep them informed of market changes or policy adjustments that could benefit them. This is of course optional and we would be happy to remove you from future contact if you desire. We have reviewed the call and noted Hannah completed the DPA with you as well as confirming she was calling from Bon Accord Life in relation to the Aviva policy we set up. As you stated we arranged your Aviva policy in 2012 and were re-contacting you primarily because you did not put your initial policy in trust and for many customers this can be of enormous benefit to them from both a financial and peace of mind perspective. While this is a free service we completely respect your decision not to take us up on this offer. Further into the call Hannah then as part of her service, looked at ways of helping you save money or improve your cover. A lot of questions were asked but only questions that would have been needed to get the up to date quotes. From reviewing the call we did not identify any reason why you felt that Hannah implied you were stupid and believe she conducted the call in a professional manner. We do though apologise for giving you this impression. We hope that you continue with the plan we arrange for you in 2012 and we would be happy to discuss your experience in more detail to help us improve our service. In the first instance please contact our compliance team on 01786 477 800. Thank You. Bon Accord Life.
"This Us the second time that you have forced polices on me that I don't want. So could you cancel any Inssurancs policiy that you have In my name. I am not happy with this forceful action you doing to sell your products. Y P Manston"
(Engage Mutual) - Posted 3 years ago
Dear Mrs Manston

Firstly we apologise for the inconvenience caused by the service levels you received. In any event where a customer is unhappy with our service we accept that we have failed to deliver the high level of service that you rightly expect and deserve.

Our records show that we arranged a policy on the 29th of February 2016 but we do not have any records of any other policies previously arranged.

As a company we always endeavour to keep the customers best interests at the heart of everything we do and we are sorry to hear that you feel the policy was forced upon you. After listening to the call we believe the end of the conversation with your husband was completed quicker than the standards we set and appreciate this must have had an impact on your feelings and caused the possible confusion that followed.

We have a strict and robust monitoring process and on this occasion the sale was not conducted as effectively as what we would expect from our consultants. Feedback will be provided to the individual to ensure all our clients are given the appropriate time to ask further questions or fully raise any concerns.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally and attempt to regain your trust.

Blair Mitchell, Compliance Manager - Bon Accord Life.
"Marcus Campbell was excellent ,listened to what I wanted and didn't try to sell me something I didn't need,very professional ,"
"God service, clear and concise information given. Best cover for me found."
"i was contacted as I was offered a free offer to put my life insurance into trust . I agreed to this but up to now have not recieved . We discussed my metlife policy taken out some years ago and i was told clearly that I could have 2 k of funeral cover if i took out a new policy . I agreed to this but when i received policy it states that this 2k cover is only available after 5 years . for the first year i would only get return of premiums so worse than my current policy . I am extremely annoyed that this happened as its misselling and poor advice ."
Dear Phil Grimes, I am sorry to hear the service levels you have received are not up to our usual standard. Our free trust service is very popular and I can only apologise for any delays in getting this arranged for you. I understand our Compliance Manager has made contact with you and is committed to resolving both issues you have mentioned to your full satisfaction.
Bon Accord Life is rated 4.56 based on 242 reviews