Berry's Jewellers Reviews

of reviewers recommend Berry's Jewellers
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Berry\'s Jewellers Reviews

About Berry's Jewellers:

Berry's has been a family run jewellers for over 110 years. During this time it has opened boutiques in Leeds, Hull, Newcastle, Nottingham, York & Windsor.

If you are looking for a totally unique piece of jewellery, why not try our jewellery design service. Our in-house designers can work with an existing piece of jewellery to make a brand new style or create something totally unique from scratch to your own individual specification.

As well as our repairs, cleaning and restorative services we can also help you with valuations and gemmological appraisal as part of our comprehensive range of jewellery and watch services.

62 Albion Street, United Kingdom

Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd September 2021
Angelika Flach-Vandyke
Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd September 2021
Angelika Flach-Vandyke
I don't usually do reviews but i felt that i must give credit where credit is due. I finally plucked up the courage and bought my dream watch from Berry's in Feb 2020. The whole process was first class. I was made to feel appreciated and valued instead of just a number. My watch came promptly and was even gift wrapped, which, even though was a small detail, really made you feel special, a bit like you feel at Christmas!!. Unfortunately my Mrs tried to get the bracelet adjusted for me but the person doing it completely messed it up and lost two screws (not cheap) in the process. Embarrassingly i rang Berry's and explained the situation, thinking i would be scolded or patronised for doing something silly i was met with understanding and reassurance. I was advised to send it back to them and they would make it all better!. In just under two days it was returned to me with two new screws in situ. They even buffed out a couple of scratches where the person who failed miserably had scratched it. To my surprise all of that was carried out free of charge! Berry's even telephoned me and asked if the watch arrived safely and if i was happy with it. Now that is what I'm taking about!! The only reason i cannot shop at Berry's in the near future is because I'm now skint, so, as soon as my Bank Manager, sorry, i mean, as soon as my Mrs releases more funds i shall be back. On a side note, 10/10 for your website, it lifts my spirits when i am down in the mouth at work. It is my go to place to bring a bit of sunshine into my soul! I have even got work colleagues on it too. Shame you can't post videos on here because i made a little video the day i came home from being away in work and opened it all up. Thank you Berry's you're getting 10/10 I have attached pics of the watch and my Wolf watch winder which was free and was delivered as promised.
You have already had my comments
Used Berry’s (Leeds) in the past for my watch service and gifts for my wife and been really pleased with the very attentive staff, professionalism and customer delivery. I felt very well looked after and completely trusted them with my timepiece. Unfortunately, I will not be entrusting them again after my latest experience. My favourite watch is 10 years old and has worked perfectly over that period (never had or needed a full service in my opinion - watchmaker family member gave me confidence in my judgement). Timekeeping has been as good as my ‘2nd’ main watch, a quartz movement throughout. Recently took my ‘No1’ watch in for a £250 maintenance service (to be sent away to Breitling). Shop advised they would recommend a full service given its age (at a price range somewhere around 3x the cost of the maintenance service) and that if I reneged once the proper, final quote was provided by Breitling, I would need to pay a £50 ‘return undone fee’. I declined their kind offer of a full service (c£800 was some way more than I wanted to pay to service a watch which has given me no issues whatsoever accuracy wise). Berry’s therefore accepted my watch for sending to Breitling to undertake my requested Maintenance service at a cost of £250. A few days later, Berry’s emailed to advise Breitling say they needed to do a full service on my watch. I reconfirmed my preference and request for a maintenance service. Breitling refused to undertake the Maintenance service telling me it needed a full service (even though it is working perfectly well and accurately). I refused (again, as I did before the watch was sent to Breitling) the full service. I am now faced with having to pay a £50 return undone fee to get my watch back even though it is Breitling who have reneged on the service I asked for and the service which Berry’s accepted my watch for. After a long exchange of emails, I have been unable to have Berry’s see that they should be supporting ME as the customer given seemingly Breitling are not delivering ‘our’ requested service (I have not reneged on any contract that I have entered into with Berry’s and remain wanting the maintenance service). I have now been told by Berry’s to take it up with Breitling direct. Berry’s, as my agent in this transaction, have simply dropped me and that’s not a great place for me to be now having to deal with the faceless behemoth that is Breitling, to retrieve my prized watch. Why on earth should I pay £50 to have my watch back in no better condition than when I left it with Berry’s?. I know a few Breitling owners who similarly are not impressed! At the time of writing, I remain awaiting word from Breitling but once I do get it back, I will in future use another quality jeweller for my watch and gifting needs. Not happy!
Great on the day Overall and came away with a luxury product. I wanted an additional strap and folding clasp for the watch and wanted to order there and then but the sales lady offered as a good jestuer, would include the extra in with the price originally quoted. What a nice group to deal with!. I then had a phone call ensuring that I had requested the correct fastening. Yes a folding clasp as befor. Next day I get a call to say it's arrived and I need to bring in my recipt as proof. So than I take time off from work and go to Nottingham and pick up the item. In the shop I get given a strap and no clasp? The store sales then informes my that there has been a mistake!!! She can order a clasp, but there will be an additional charge of £210 but I could . On the day I purchased the watch I would have paid the price, it was me that wanted the strap and clasp. Feeling rather let down to say the least. The store realised the mistake on the order and amended the sales slip after the event
I was looking at an Omega watch and from the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were made to feel special Paul who looked after us in the York store in stonegate was amazing.
Dear Daniel, Thanks very much for the 5 star review! We look forward to seeing you in store again soon.
First class customer service, attention to detail and a real personal touch.
Dear Richard, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, hopefully we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Extremely happy with the service provided and a big thank you to Oliver Watson for all the help which he provided with patience and professionalism , I wish every company to have someone like Oliver ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Dear Alex, Thanks very much for the 5 star review! We look forward to seeing you in store again soon.
Deal done on a watch and payment made. The order was subsequentally cancelled and refunded as they decided they didn't like the terms they offered after the sale. Very poor.
Had tiny scratches and did not come with all original packaging. I know this because I already have one and bought this one for my niece
Sublime customer service by the brilliant Markus and his team in the Berry's Victoria Quarter store in Leeds. Unlike their highstreet competitors, I found Berry's to be extremely accommodating, understanding, polite, pleasant and most importantly: patient. No buyer wants to be fed a load of rubbish to get an easy sale by a cheesy salesman - Instead, Berry's see your purchase as an experience and as such guide you on your journey to buying jewellery. They aren't pushy at all and didn't ask once if I'd like to buy anything. For their fantastic customer service alone they had a sale out of me from the very moment I stepped through the door. They went above and beyond with EVERY request I made with superlative communications on every level. Thank you so much for guiding me on my journey in buying my first luxury timepiece. I'm over the moon with it. I will defintely be a returning customer (might have to save up a bit first mind!)
Andrew and the team at Nottingham have been great with us! We’ve been in a few times now and they’ve always been lovely and looked after us really well.
Was good experience considering an online retailer rep was attentive and made reservation for item to delivered to my place of work
Love my necklace, very good service good discount fast delivery thank you
Dear Angela, Thanks so much for your kind review, we're glad the items were well received.
Fantastic customer service from start to finish. Michael Park made the experience of purchasing my first luxury watch very special and memorable. His knowledge was limitless, and we had some wonderful discussions about watches. A true gentleman! The rest of the staff also made my father and I very welcome and couldn't have done more for us. I will be using Berry's again in the future for sure. Many thanks again.
Dear James, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, hopefully we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Excellent service and price very happy
Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 19th September 2021
good customer chat, lovely gift wrapped Gucci ring , :)
My second purchase this year, Zoe looked after me again. Ordered a Fope Ring , which had to be ordered from Italy. Was informed of the 6 weeks delivery time upfront. Ring arrived beautifully wrapped. Very happy with my Ring, excellent service
Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd September 2021 Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd September 2021 Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd September 2021 Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd September 2021 Berry's Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd September 2021
Dear Angelika, Thanks so much for your kind review, we're glad the items were well received.
I wrote a negative review about the communication from the York store a couple of days ago. I have now spoken with the store manager and have cleared up the misunderstanding which arose. I do not know how to delete my previous review so I am sending this corrective review and want to reiterate the 5 star service which I received from Berry’s. They are a first class company and Michael White is a great ambassador for them. I will certainly use them again and will never write another review again in a fit of pique. My sincere apologies to both Berry’s and Michael in particular.
Dear Raj, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, hopefully we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Really look after you bought an omega planet ocean and the service was fantastic can't do enough for you
Dear Robert, Thanks so much for your kind review, we're glad the items were well received.
Fabulous enjoyable experience choosing and buying a watch with Reka at Berry's in Windsor. She was welcoming, knowledgable and nothing was too much trouble. This is how customer service should be done! Reka's colleagues also helpful and personable. Cannot recommend highly enough.
Dear Shirley, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, hopefully we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Berry's Jewellers is rated 4.86 based on 1,354 reviews