Berry's Reviews

of reviewers recommend Berry's
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Berry\'s Reviews

About Berry's:

Berry's has been a family run jewellers for over 110 years. During this time it has opened boutiques in Leeds, Hull, Newcastle, Nottingham, York & Windsor.

If you are looking for a totally unique piece of jewellery, why not try our jewellery design service. Our in-house designers can work with an existing piece of jewellery to make a brand new style or create something totally unique from scratch to your own individual specification.

As well as our repairs, cleaning and restorative services we can also help you with valuations and gemmological appraisal as part of our comprehensive range of jewellery and watch services.

62 Albion Street, United Kingdom

Tell us how Berry's made you happy
I don't usually do reviews but i felt that i must give credit where credit is due.

I finally plucked up the courage and bought my dream watch from Berry's in Feb 2020. The whole process was first class. I was made to feel appreciated and valued instead of just a number. My watch came promptly and was even gift wrapped, which, even though was a small detail, really made you feel special, a bit like you feel at Christmas!!.

Unfortunately my Mrs tried to get the bracelet adjusted for me but the person doing it completely messed it up and lost two screws (not cheap) in the process. Embarrassingly i rang Berry's and explained the situation, thinking i would be scolded or patronised for doing something silly i was met with understanding and reassurance. I was advised to send it back to them and they would make it all better!.

In just under two days it was returned to me with two new screws in situ. They even buffed out a couple of scratches where the person who failed miserably had scratched it.

To my surprise all of that was carried out free of charge! Berry's even telephoned me and asked if the watch arrived safely and if i was happy with it. Now that is what I'm taking about!!

The only reason i cannot shop at Berry's in the near future is because I'm now skint, so, as soon as my Bank Manager, sorry, i mean, as soon as my Mrs releases more funds i shall be back.

On a side note, 10/10 for your website, it lifts my spirits when i am down in the mouth at work. It is my go to place to bring a bit of sunshine into my soul! I have even got work colleagues on it too.

Shame you can't post videos on here because i made a little video the day i came home from being away in work and opened it all up.

Thank you Berry's you're getting 10/10

I have attached pics of the watch and my Wolf watch winder which was free and was delivered as promised.
You have already had my comments
Used Berry’s (Leeds) in the past for my watch service and gifts for my wife and been really pleased with the very attentive staff, professionalism and customer delivery. I felt very well looked after and completely trusted them with my timepiece. Unfortunately, I will not be entrusting them again after my latest experience. My favourite watch is 10 years old and has worked perfectly over that period (never had or needed a full service in my opinion - watchmaker family member gave me confidence in my judgement). Timekeeping has been as good as my ‘2nd’ main watch, a quartz movement throughout. Recently took my ‘No1’ watch in for a £250 maintenance service (to be sent away to Breitling). Shop advised they would recommend a full service given its age (at a price range somewhere around 3x the cost of the maintenance service) and that if I reneged once the proper, final quote was provided by Breitling, I would need to pay a £50 ‘return undone fee’. I declined their kind offer of a full service (c£800 was some way more than I wanted to pay to service a watch which has given me no issues whatsoever accuracy wise). Berry’s therefore accepted my watch for sending to Breitling to undertake my requested Maintenance service at a cost of £250. A few days later, Berry’s emailed to advise Breitling say they needed to do a full service on my watch. I reconfirmed my preference and request for a maintenance service. Breitling refused to undertake the Maintenance service telling me it needed a full service (even though it is working perfectly well and accurately). I refused (again, as I did before the watch was sent to Breitling) the full service. I am now faced with having to pay a £50 return undone fee to get my watch back even though it is Breitling who have reneged on the service I asked for and the service which Berry’s accepted my watch for. After a long exchange of emails, I have been unable to have Berry’s see that they should be supporting ME as the customer given seemingly Breitling are not delivering ‘our’ requested service (I have not reneged on any contract that I have entered into with Berry’s and remain wanting the maintenance service). I have now been told by Berry’s to take it up with Breitling direct. Berry’s, as my agent in this transaction, have simply dropped me and that’s not a great place for me to be now having to deal with the faceless behemoth that is Breitling, to retrieve my prized watch. Why on earth should I pay £50 to have my watch back in no better condition than when I left it with Berry’s?. I know a few Breitling owners who similarly are not impressed! At the time of writing, I remain awaiting word from Breitling but once I do get it back, I will in future use another quality jeweller for my watch and gifting needs. Not happy!
Great on the day Overall and came away with a luxury product.
I wanted an additional strap and folding clasp for the watch and wanted to order there and then but the sales lady offered as a good jestuer, would include the extra in with the price originally quoted. What a nice group to deal with!.

I then had a phone call ensuring that I had requested the correct fastening. Yes a folding clasp as befor.
Next day I get a call to say it's arrived and I need to bring in my recipt as proof.
So than I take time off from work and go to Nottingham and pick up the item.
In the shop I get given a strap and no clasp?
The store sales then informes my that there has been a mistake!!!
She can order a clasp, but there will be an additional charge of £210 but I could .
On the day I purchased the watch I would have paid the price, it was me that wanted the strap and clasp.
Feeling rather let down to say the least.
The store realised the mistake on the order and amended the sales slip after the event
Deal done on a watch and payment made. The order was subsequentally cancelled and refunded as they decided they didn't like the terms they offered after the sale. Very poor.
Had tiny scratches and did not come with all original packaging. I know this because I already have one and bought this one for my niece
Sublime customer service by the brilliant Markus and his team in the Berry's Victoria Quarter store in Leeds.

Unlike their highstreet competitors, I found Berry's to be extremely accommodating, understanding, polite, pleasant and most importantly: patient. No buyer wants to be fed a load of rubbish to get an easy sale by a cheesy salesman - Instead, Berry's see your purchase as an experience and as such guide you on your journey to buying jewellery. They aren't pushy at all and didn't ask once if I'd like to buy anything.

For their fantastic customer service alone they had a sale out of me from the very moment I stepped through the door. They went above and beyond with EVERY request I made with superlative communications on every level.

Thank you so much for guiding me on my journey in buying my first luxury timepiece. I'm over the moon with it. I will defintely be a returning customer (might have to save up a bit first mind!)
Contacted Berry's via the online chat to confirm the item I wanted was in stock and after considering the purchase ordered the following day. As an after thought I needed to get links removed from the watch and again was able to do this swiftly via the online chat by confirming my order number with Elliot and how many I'd like taken out. Item arrived the following day, perfectly packaged. An absolute pleasure to deal with a company with such impeccable customer service.
The order, purchase and delivery went according to plan with no problems.
Very satisfied with the experience.
shopped at Berry's for many years and always received first class service
I bought few watches from the York branch, The staff is always fantastic! Thanks to Lee for his service. Thanks again and see you soon!
The team at Berry’s are very polite, helpful and professional.
The item that I bought was delivered swiftly and wrapped and presented beautifully. Excellent quality and service.
Great shopping experience and good range of products and brands. Thank you to Chinda for looking after us - great knowledge and attentive service. Highly recommended.
I recently bought a watch at Berry’s and the service was amazing and helpful. I initially spoke to Rod who took the time to chat a while regarding my purchase and kindly directed me to their online service. Danny and the online team guided me through the process with patience and efficiency and my purchase arrived the next day. I would recommend Berry’s to anyone looking for a good jewellers and would certainly shop there again...... thanks guys.
Berry’s offered a wonderful service from start to finish. The bracelet that I ordered is beautiful. Berry’s delivered on time and it was exactly as I imagined it. Thank you Berry’s!
Fantastic customer service, nothing was too much trouble.
Good delivery and prompt
I have been a Berry’s customer for many years now. The consistent high level of customer care and service is second to none. You always seem to see the same staff in their shops year after year, so I guest they are just a well run business which reflect in great customer care. Well done team Berry’s!
Staff polite helpful and professional
Very impressed with the service and the range of products offered. I wanted to purchase a watch for my husband and the range of brands on offer was fantastic. I managed to purchase what I wanted at a competitive price and also with a free watch-winder. The free arrived in the time frame quoted and is a quality product.
Berry's is rated 4.86 based on 1,110 reviews