Berry's Reviews

of reviewers recommend Berry's
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Berry\'s Reviews

About Berry's:

Berry's has been a family run jewellers for over 110 years. During this time it has opened boutiques in Leeds, Hull, Newcastle, Nottingham, York & Windsor.

If you are looking for a totally unique piece of jewellery, why not try our jewellery design service. Our in-house designers can work with an existing piece of jewellery to make a brand new style or create something totally unique from scratch to your own individual specification.

As well as our repairs, cleaning and restorative services we can also help you with valuations and gemmological appraisal as part of our comprehensive range of jewellery and watch services.

62 Albion Street, United Kingdom

Tell us how Berry's made you happy
Tried to phone to find out about my order but it says number blocked. No follow up email despite trying to contact you. Bad service would not recommend. Not happy
I sent an email to the LEEDS branch with a view to buying a watch and got no response for five days so I sent another asking to confirm they had received my email. No response so I phoned LEEDS and they had received my email. No sensible explanation given. Anyway, the brand I wanted was only available at the YORK branch so James said he would forward my email to them. STILL NO RESPONSE.
Do they want to sell watches or not?????
Great offer on the watch I wanted.
Liked you good pay with paypal.
Website easy to use and quick next day delivery and free.
Would use again.
Very easy and smooth and my daughter loved her present.Thank you
Having bought Breitling watch from Berry`s Newcastle just over 5 years ago went into shop for battery replacement, staff member said it would be about £100 which i agreed to, however he said that it would only be sent away for an estimate, as they usually say that the watch will need a full service. As i have had no problem with the time-keeping i assumed that this was only as a precautionary measure. nearly 2 weeks later i received a phone call from a shop member saying the watch failed the quartz time test and needs a full service, price would be in excess of £500. Having declined the offer the watch was returned with a £80 charge. when i picked up the watch i complained about the bully tactics and asked if i could have the repair firms telephone number, Berry`s declined saying they would get the company to give me a ring to dicuss the matter as i thought that this was my watch and that it was up to me if i required the service or not, 5 days later i am still waiting to hear from either one. not a happy chappy
Used Berry’s (Leeds) in the past for my watch service and gifts for my wife and been really pleased with the very attentive staff, professionalism and customer delivery. I felt very well looked after and completely trusted them with my timepiece. Unfortunately, I will not be entrusting them again after my latest experience. My favourite watch is 10 years old and has worked perfectly over that period (never had or needed a full service in my opinion - watchmaker family member gave me confidence in my judgement). Timekeeping has been as good as my ‘2nd’ main watch, a quartz movement throughout. Recently took my ‘No1’ watch in for a £250 maintenance service (to be sent away to Breitling). Shop advised they would recommend a full service given its age (at a price range somewhere around 3x the cost of the maintenance service) and that if I reneged once the proper, final quote was provided by Breitling, I would need to pay a £50 ‘return undone fee’. I declined their kind offer of a full service (c£800 was some way more than I wanted to pay to service a watch which has given me no issues whatsoever accuracy wise). Berry’s therefore accepted my watch for sending to Breitling to undertake my requested Maintenance service at a cost of £250. A few days later, Berry’s emailed to advise Breitling say they needed to do a full service on my watch. I reconfirmed my preference and request for a maintenance service. Breitling refused to undertake the Maintenance service telling me it needed a full service (even though it is working perfectly well and accurately). I refused (again, as I did before the watch was sent to Breitling) the full service. I am now faced with having to pay a £50 return undone fee to get my watch back even though it is Breitling who have reneged on the service I asked for and the service which Berry’s accepted my watch for. After a long exchange of emails, I have been unable to have Berry’s see that they should be supporting ME as the customer given seemingly Breitling are not delivering ‘our’ requested service (I have not reneged on any contract that I have entered into with Berry’s and remain wanting the maintenance service). I have now been told by Berry’s to take it up with Breitling direct. Berry’s, as my agent in this transaction, have simply dropped me and that’s not a great place for me to be now having to deal with the faceless behemoth that is Breitling, to retrieve my prized watch. Why on earth should I pay £50 to have my watch back in no better condition than when I left it with Berry’s?. I know a few Breitling owners who similarly are not impressed! At the time of writing, I remain awaiting word from Breitling but once I do get it back, I will in future use another quality jeweller for my watch and gifting needs. Not happy!
Ruined a family heirloom being passed down, gutted. We asked for a simple engraving and it was faint and out of alignment.. letters were too far away and not even level with the rest. In certain light angles it couldn't even be seen! I could have done it better myself. Ruined Christmas for us.
Deal done on a watch and payment made. The order was subsequentally cancelled and refunded as they decided they didn't like the terms they offered after the sale. Very poor.
I have emailed Berrys twice over a 7 day period regarding upgrading an Omega Constellation.
So far I have been completely ignored.
Whilst the staff were helpful over the phone, there were unfortunately a few unacceptable issues that occurred. Firstly, the watch that I ordered had the wrong address and was attempted to deliver to the wrong address - which could have lead to an exceptionally expensive item ending in the wrong hands. In addition to this when I was finally able to rectify the matter and received the watch, I was disappointed to see that the item had not been placed correctly back in the box - meaning that the watch was able to move and scratch in the box. Finally when taking the item to the Omega shop to have links removed, they informed me that the watch had been handled incorrectly when priorly handled and links adjusted. This further disappointed me as the item was not only meant to be new, but in excess of £4500 and would expect the highest standards/care when being dealt with. Overall this is far from a glowing review...
"I've tried for two weeks to see the watch I want. I've been promised it will come to Hull but only when I chase. I'm trying to buy a watch with an RRP of £8.6 k. Service was initially good, subsequently beyond shocking. They have my email, mobile and company details. No contact, no calls, no email, nothing.
Beyond shocking........"
Greedy, Greedy Greedy selling over pricing engagement rings by a huge amount e.g.: selling an engagement for £8000. After an unsuccessful proposal and asking to return ring offering £3000. Please anybody considering using Berry's - they really don't give a damn.
Couldn't even get into the store as the so called "doorman" would only speak through a closed door as me and my friend were shopping to buy a new watch , very disgusted and embarrassed . My budget was £2/3000 obviously my money isn't good enough and i spent it else were.... I will be writing to head office about my very shocking experience as a consumer. Resident of Nottingham
poor customer service, strongly disappointed the last time I have bought anything
The whole experience
Epic fail yesterday in your Newcastle store! The shop assistant was rude and obnoxious beyond words. We came in to get a battery for a Cartier and buy a IWC watch. Staff member was so rude we never got to the IWC watch. Look back on your cctv I'm the one who was told to remove their hat?!!! Yes really a beanie cold weather hat that in no way obsecured my identity.
My partner proposed 2 months ago with a beautiful ring he bought from Berry's (I really can't fault the way it looked - it was gorgeous). As any excited fiancé, I was desperate to get it re-sized so I could wear it without worrying about it falling off. When we took the ring in we were told it would take 10 working days to re-size, but could take 4-6 weeks if the ring needed to be completely re-set. We were assured we would be told how long it would be once the manufacturers had had time to assess it. After hearing NOTHING for 3 weeks, I decided to call them to see how much longer it was going to be. The person who answered the phone said that they would need to call the manufacturers and get back to me - fine. A few days later and I still hadn't received a call back, so I tried again and the same thing happened. After calling them 3 times over a period of a couple of weeks and never getting a call back, I decided to email them. By this point, I had been waiting 6 weeks and was told that there had been a 'problem' casting the mount and it would be AT LEAST another week. Obviously, I was disappointed but reasoned with myself that it was important for the ring to be made properly so that it would withstand lots of use. After almost 8 weeks I was finally told the ring was ready to collect - hurrah! Unfortunately, when we went to pick up the ring it was still too big. Due to the design of the ring it would feel looser on my finger than the sizing rings I'd tried. We weren't told this when we were getting sized up so this did irritate me slightly. Anyway, I found a temporary solution to keep the ring from falling off my finger (after all, I'd been without the ring for 8 weeks and wasn't prepared to go another 8 weeks without it). I've had the ring back for 2 weeks and already a stone has fallen out of the 'shoulders'. This wasn't a cheap ring by any means (and I've had Primark rings that have withstood more use) and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
We are so sorry to hear about this at our Head Office, please could you let us know which store this concerns and we will look into this for you. We have checked with our central buying department and they are not sure which particular model of ring that this is. It is most unusual for this to happen and we are sorry that the communication has been lacking. We will respond as soon as we can identify which ring and the store concerned. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Put the quality of the product aside, there is a terrible customer service, they treat you really bad , are rude and have no respect. The only reason was because I purchased this online and needed a fitting. They had such a terrible attitude. And i am talking about the Windsor branch.
Note, If you purchase from them and change your mind within 14 days, you can't return the item. First time ever I've heard this.
Not going back for sure.
We are so sorry to hear about the service received in our Windsor store, it is not up to our usual five star ***** level of service. If the item was purchased online, we do offer a 14 day returns policy, this is a legal requirement of the distance selling regulations, so we are sorry you were not made aware of this. If we can help you further, please email customerservice@berrysjewellers.co.uk
Berry's is rated 4.85 based on 978 reviews