Barker and Stonehouse Reviews

Tell us how Barker and Stonehouse made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
"Excellent service from Matt and Ryan"
Are you Barker and Stonehouse? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Leather sofa went soft in middle seat after a year, purchased extended warrenty, however they wouldnt even helpas they said warrenty would be in leather care kit, which I had used many times and definately was not in there, they would not look back at records to see that I paid for it. Now sold sofa online at cut down price and never used them since"
"Appalling customer service. Took over 4 weeks to receive dining room table. It looks ex display. Have attempted to email, call and Facebook customer service. 2 weeks later and I'm being given the run around by customer service. Super disappointed in the brand."
"After reading online reviews I was very appreciative about buying from Barker and Stonehouse. My own experience has been perfect. The salesman was helpful not pushing us for a sale . We were kept updated on the progress of our order. The delivery arrived at the expect time we had been given. Delivery men were friendly and professional Graham and the other chap (sorry didn’t catch your name) placed our 2 sofas in the living room. We are thrilled with the service we have received from Barker and Stonehouse and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend"
"Absolutely diabolical. After ordering several items of bedroom furniture one of which was a dressing table, I waited for 4 months until delivery for this item. After a few weeks the paint started to flake and I contacted customer services and sent images and they advised they would repair as a goodwill gesture?! An appointment was made for 2 weeks time and after waiting in all morning a person from Homeserve turned up to repair the item. After confirming that the paint should not be flaking and I was right to complain he came downstairs 15 mins later to explain that he did not have the correct paint? He advised they had just taken the contract on with Barker and Stonehouse and then explained that the light paint was too light and the dark was too dark and scuttled from my home. My husband was present at the time and heard the conversation and we both agreed his behaviour was bizarre. Barker and Stonehouse then contacted me the next day to explain the flaking paint was my fault and they would not repair the item. I explained my absolute disgust in them as a company and in the complete and utter umprofessional behaviour of both Barker and Stonehouse and Homeserve. The person who came out to repair the item stood in my home and blatantly lied to my face. I wrote to their Head Office complaints department and was offered £50 off any further purchase. I have contacted the furniture ombudsman and I am pursuing them through Trading Standards as this situation is completely unacceptable. Barker and Stonehouse have claimed the Homeserve report is independent even though they have paid for it which is ludicrous and given the other reviews I am far from the only person who has been subjected to this charade. The product is not fit for purpose. I urge anyone considering buying furniture from them to go to a reputable company who are renowned for their customer service and product. This company charge extortionate prices for substandard quality."
"Thank you to John and Gary with our delivery today. They were both very helpful friendly and efficient with a vey heavy and awkward piece of furniture."
"Saltdean East Sussex Had to wait ages for the chef. Then wait again for gravy which was thick, stodgy and luke warm. Out of the 5 members of staff there 3 of them looked miserable as sin. They couldn't be bothered to do anything attitude. The ice cream machine was runny and then ran out. Won't be going back."
"Well it is a shame that you have to leave 1 star, not happy at all with their customer service department, I phoned today regarding a problem with peeling paintwork on some bedroom furniture, absolutely no help at all, all I can say is stay clear, they charge top prices for the goods and supply poor quality items, this is not the first time I have had problems with their products !!!"
"Absolutely appalled with the attempted delivery of a Orla Kiely sofa.This product was ordered several weeks ago and arrived today in a highly damaged fashion. To say we are disappointed is an understatement. How could this happen is beyond us! We took time off work to wait in for this damaged sofa!"
"This is how my missano sofa has gone after a couple of weeks... I thought by purchasing from b&s I would be getting quality... I wish I'd have gone to ikea instead .. I couldn't have looked any worse"
"I had the missano 3 seater sofa and love seat less than to weeks it's gone baggy and looks awful... I'm so disappointed"
"Served by Paul Smoult very helpful and knowledgeable product advice, nice no pressure atmosphere and a free coffee, Thank you Mr & Mrs Wilkinson Hepscott"
"hugely disappointed. Great staff and great product on display. staff in store could not be nicer. That is where the nice experience ends. Delivery dates constantly moved no one returns calls or emails - product delivered was not only faulty - but not correctly put up - unable to speak to someone. so disappointed as have the potential to be great. Shame the staff in-store have to suffer to the staff behind the scenes"
"We bought a sliding door wardrobe from B+S around 4 years ago. After a long delay it arrived and the first impression was cheap and nasty but it served a purpose for a few years. We’ve recently moved, dismantling it was bad enough but it’s completely failed on re-assembly. An Ikea wardrobe we have has been assembled and dismantled several times and is still as good as new. B+S is overpriced cheap rubbish masquerading as better quality. Go to Ikea!"
"WORST customer service I have encountered. I ordered a wardrobe with chest of drawers and on 3rd of March from Birstall Store and waited for the store to contact me on delivery time. after the stipulated 9 weeks they still had not contacted to inform me of what's happened so I begun chasing them. The customer service was so useless and all they kept saying was they could not do anything about it till I went to the store to speak with the manager who explained the delay and tried to arrange a delivery time. When I got delivery date and time, I requested for a change in slot time, but again customer service could not help again. The lady said she will get the warehouse to ring me by 8 am to discuss rearrangement but you can guess - no one called so I called central office who then got them to call me to finally arrange a convenient time to deliver. My experience with Barker and Stonehouse is really painful an upsetting and I would never recommend anyone to make purchases for delivery from them."
"I wish I had read this review site before ordering from B&S. Dreadful customer service. I ordered a nest of tables in February. They were delivered at the beginning of May. The marble top of the one of the tables was broken. It’s been three weeks of endless phone calls, unhelpful staff responses, inconsistent responses, not one promise of a call back was kept. I even wrote to the managing director yesterday, 24 hours later no response from him either. I still haven’t been contacted by the company. I wouldn’t recommend buying from this company based on my after sales experience with them."
"Corner sofa ordered first week in January 2019 today is 16th May 2019. 22nd March sofa delivered 3 matching upgraded cushions other 2 different style and colour. Rug delivered totally wrong rug. Today 16th May correct rug delivered..No cushions. Customer Service just pass on to other people. I bought from this company as they have a good name. I still haven't used my sofa as I want even wear on the cushions. I have been treat disgustingly passed from pillar to post. Next time I will stick with my old favourites DFS. Do not use this company if you want your furniture in under 6 months!!"
"Don't understand all the bad reviews as I've had fantastic service throughout. Delivery was on time and all furniture arrived in perfect condition and placed where I wanted it. Would highly recommend."
"Hi there, To whoever reads this review please take it seriously as I have never received such disappointing service before. This is actually the very first bad google review that I have ever written. Their stores look beautiful but that is it I’m afraid. I’ve spent nearly £3,500 with Barker and Stonehouse and wish I hadn’t. Here is my experience. 1. The delivery guys simply dumped my dining room table and couldn’t be bothered to install it as agreed in store. I live on my own and cannot lift up a solid oak table on my own. Also it’s not your everyday tools required to put it together. I had to give up another afternoon off work so that they could come back and assemble it. 2. 4 out of the other 6 items which were delivered that day were damaged. Rather than send replacements, they sent somebody round to just touch it up with paint. Shocking considering this is brand new furniture. One of the problems is a dining table bench which clearly has not been lacquered in the same way as the other bench. This has been confirmed from the furniture specialist they sent round who agreed something’s not right. I have not heard anything back from Barker and Stonehouse on this matter. 3. I am missing 4 metal prongs which should have come with the shelving unit I ordered. These are to support the shelf. On the phone, they surprisingly had no idea which ones I needed and I’ve been sent the wrong ones twice. I still have not received them. 4. Also, one of the items that was initially delivered was incorrect. They sent me a replacement today and guess what…. it is damaged. This has been going on for weeks now and wasted 4 days off work so that I could be in for them to keep coming round and fixing their many mistakes. They are also very non-flexible with long distance deliveries (even if you do only live 2 hours away!). There is something seriously wrong here and I really do urge you to NOT order from Barker and Stonehouse."
"People will always complain - which can give a disproportionate view. My experience with B&S was fantastic from start to finish. Great advice for Paul and David in the Newcastle store. And of course Amber in the service customer department. All in all a pleasant experience. Not to mention the great quality furniture . (Ercol sofa and chair - delivered by one of the best delivery teams I have ever encountered. Polite - immaculately clean - simply put delivery experts). Thanks to all and B&S :)"
Barker and Stonehouse is rated 1.71 based on 59 reviews