Barker and Stonehouse Reviews

Marsh Street, Middlesbrough United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Telephone

How would you rate Barker and Stonehouse ?

"I wish I had read these reviews before I purchased items off them. Same issues as all the others. On my first order I bought dining chairs, even though the website said in stock they werent! I then had to wait 2 months for delivery. A week before delivery was due I received an email saying there was going to be a further delay. After writing a snotty email I then got contacted to say they email was an error. After giving them the benefit of the doubt I then ordered 2 coffee tables. On the day of delivery I received a call to say that the leg on the small table had fallen off while being loaded onto the truck, and stock wouldn’t be available for 2 months!!!!! Stupidly I stuck with it, have received the table today and found s fault with one of the legs!!! Stock is not available now for a month and a half!! They then said they would offer me £20 GW, which is just rude. They would rather lose me as a customer, spend the money on covering half the country to collect them, then give me a sensible offers. To make matters worse the customer service team can’t arrange collection and refunds for online purchases so I now have to wait for them to call me, and apparently they can only contact them internally by form!!! They are a joke, don’t waste your time, I should have listened to the alarm bells!!"
"They are complete nightmare, joke. I haven't got any more words to describe this company. Nearly 3 weeks ago bought a lot of furniture from them for only one reason - I have been promised my delivery date will be 30th of July, which is 3 weeks after I bought the stuff. Guess what? At around 3pm I rang them asking is the delivery man still coming today, the answer knocked me off my shoes - NO, you are not even on the delivery list not just for today, but following week as well. The lady on a phone just said - you are too far from our warehouse (45 min drive) and it has to be booked as long distance delivery. That's was a complete joke! She said the only she can do is book me in for week commencing. I said - ok, I have no choice, please do. And funniest thing was she said someone from their delivery department will contact me next day in a morning to confirm delivery day - no one didn't! I have tried to ring them ,but unfortunately had no luck for someone to answer my call. Guys, stay away from this company, they are absolute pain. Now I will chase them for a refund as cant get my furniture."
"NEVER USE THIS COMPANY. HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE! BOUGHT 2 DINING ROOM TABLES AND WERE DAMAGED ON DELIVERY. NOW I AM EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITH INSURANCE POLICY. DO NOT USE."
"Visited the Gateshead branch 5 July approx 5 pm. Store had no customers the staff did not greet me in anyway. I was not asked if I required help and on returning from first floor there was 2 staff either side of stairs a female and male talking over me with absolutely no customer service at all. Do you’re staff get paid to ignore customers. Yet on going to the cheaper furniture shop next door their customers service was 5 star. I suggest in these changing times for retail you revue you’re staff"
"The furniture gets treat like the bulk manager treats his lads diabolical that’s why their is so many bad reviews regarding broken furniture"
"Stay away at all costs , spent nearly £3k on new bedroom furniture and bed , furniture arrived damaged and delivery drivers very rude , walked over our luxury carpet in their dirty boots and told my wife they were not allowed to remove them under H&S guidelines , she asked if they had shoe covers and they said no they had ran out of them !! Finally got a delivery date for our bed , arrived today totally damaged and even worse the drivers tried to hide the damage and get a clear signature. Reported the damage immediately and Bed was recollected within 30 minutes and a full refund issued within 35 minutes ... Nice flashy showroom but no infrastructure to back it up .. Transport is terrible and rude drivers .... avoid at all costs"
"Dreadful experience I don’t normally comment on companies however I do need to say I have found my experience with Barker and Stonehouse dreadful and will never be ordering from them again. We ordered a leather chair and after a few weeks found marks appearing on the arm. We reported it to Barker and Stonehouse and sent a photo. Before even reviewing this they alleged we had dropped something on it. They then sent someone out to review the chair. He explained it was a manufacturing fault and attempted a repair which although better was not great. Having not heard of anything for a month we called them to ask for a progress update. They then claimed the case had been closed weeks before as the report had allegedy said this was customer damage. Someone is lying here and I think I know who. It is such a shame as we really liked the store and the product doesn’t look bad. If you do order though be aware they will do anything they can to avoid providing a replacement."
"Hi there, bought a sofa and 2 chairs form barker and stone house last November, nothing like what was in the showroom, had the technician out straight away to check the cushions as they seemed very crumpled and not plump, was then told by the technician that they were fine and that was how they were meant to be, not happy with this I then got another technician to come out independently and have a look, was told by him that he had lots of complaints about the cushions on the sofa and chairs, and that I would have to take out the cushions from there covers and give them a plump up every week to keep there shape, I was never told this in the shop by the sales guy, what a performance, 1 year on and my suite looks like a 10 year old sofa. Would not recommend anyone buying from this company, my old suite looked better when I gave it to a charity shop, wished I’d kept it."
"Spent a lot of money in their Wandsworth store...once they have your money they forget about you. Delivery took months and damaged furniture...which they try and take no responsibility over. There are plenty of better furniture shops out there...save yourself the stress."
Barker and Stonehouse is rated 1.00 based on 9 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!