Barker and Stonehouse Reviews

Tell us how Barker and Stonehouse made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
"People will always complain - which can give a disproportionate view. My experience with B&S was fantastic from start to finish. Great advice for Paul and David in the Newcastle store. And of course Amber in the service customer department. All in all a pleasant experience. Not to mention the great quality furniture . (Ercol sofa and chair - delivered by one of the best delivery teams I have ever encountered. Polite - immaculately clean - simply put delivery experts). Thanks to all and B&S :)"
Are you Barker and Stonehouse? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordered an wardrobe 10 months ago, they deliveries it after 3 months of waiting, with demanded and missing parts. Then the sales people passed us over to their useless customer service, who ordered the replacement parts, waited another 3 months, they claimed replacements damaged during the delivery, so need to order again. Went to talk to the sales, they took no responsibility, but says customer service is the only channel to resolve the issue. Ok, waited another 3 months , the replacement parts delivered, but it was the wrong part. Wooo, how this company operates is a mystery. Now asking for refund, they do not give any compensation, no reply of refund, just waiting . I hope this is the worst buying experience of my life. And please avoid yours"
"Dreadful aftercare. Damaged flooring whilst delivering furniture. I would have done a better job than the delivery drivers. I would not recommend and I have now lost trust in the company. I certainly won’t but from them again."
"The worst company I have ever had contact with. 9 months without the correct bedside tables to match wardrobes and failed deliveries (not turning up/ damaged replacements). The product was bad the customer service was on a whole other level. Broken promises, being hung up on just to name a few. It’s been a terrible experience and one I hope one I never come across again. Safe to say we will never order from barker and stone house again."
"If it was possible to give 0 they would get it.My leather reclining sofa has failed to function almost since the day it was bought.Now on my second 5 month wait for parts,part has now been misplaced and no one seems to be able to shed any light on where it is. Staff at store do not answer the telephone and do not bother to call back if you leave a message. Customer service poor. Goods not fit for purpose."
"Absolutely substandard Quality. Coffee table 10 months old and edges flaking. Customer service dire. Do not buy here"
"I seem to be in good company here saying this company is full of lying rude arrogant individual who have no idea abiu customer service or delivering the product they sell."
"I’m probably going to get slated for this, but I do have to say, that maybe I was just lucky..it is what it is and we’re happy with the service all in. we have just brought the small NAVOJOS wardrobe to complement the rest of it’s range in our main bedroom, as promised it was delivered on time with no told issues until we unpacked it.. it had obviously sustained an injury to its legs, so backed with photos, I contacted the customer service and was delt with by a very pleasent young lady (Harriet) a couple of options were given but I went with the exchange (collection/redelivery) all was good 10days later we received our new wardrobe only to find it, not as we wanted I called the service desk once again and was delt with in a very suitable manner, with a mutual acceptance by both. I can honestly say I have no greavences with customer services they did a great job ;-) Thank you Harri A"
"Terrible experience; was rung up and told there was slight damage to my order of a glass side table, glass console table and glass nest of tables. I had to ring up three times to get the delivery - originally promised within a couple of days; finally arrived 4 weeks later. One of the nest was completely smashed. The other two BOTH had chips in them. The glass side table had a 2.5 inch piece of glass broken off - and the console table was scratched. I sent to lot back. I have had three conversations with their customer service people and have yet to be refunded despite promises after 6 weeks. No apology - central people blame the store"
"Worst company ever!!! Ordered a rug and was informed there was a three week delivery period, which was fine. However, three weeks elasped and not heard a thing so contacted Barker and Stonehouse only to find rug was discontinued so I would not be receiving it. Why was availability not checked at the time of ordering? Company breached contract of sale but happy to gain interest on my money for 4 weeks. No apology or compensation offered. Buyers beware!!!!!"
"Worst company I have ever dealt with had bad experience a few years ago said I would never shop at your store again but saw a nice coffee table I liked thought I would give you another try could not be as bad now surely how wrong was I you have gotten worse coffee table legs have lots of paint missing offered 10 pounds what an insult ignored texts promised to get in touch never do I wonder if you have anybody working in your store as every body you are told to speak to is not at work today takeing the table back to morrow as looked like I found it at the bottom of a cliff"
"We visited Battersea branch, one of the staff were very pushy and were choosing the fabric of the sofas etc she was bored and looking around! I am aware this isn't the most exciting to chose someone else's sofa but a bit of professionalism wouldn't harm! They promise you anything just to buy it and once the item is ready for the delivery they inform about the conditions- delivery every other weekend, full day slots etc. Shame, disappointing experience"
"RE: NAVAJOS RECLAIMED WOOD PANELLED BED FRAME, CHESTNUT We bought this bed a year ago when we moved house, we have spent an absolute fortune at B&S on furniture for a 5 bed house. I'd agree with other posts that B&S charge a fortune, which to be fair I don't mind paying if you get a quality product, unfortunately you don't and its just marketing hype! The bed is not fit for purpose, it looks great however the slat system comes undone all the time and slats pop out. The more annoying thing is the central support is far too flimsy to support the weight of the slats, a superking matress and two people. The central support ended up bending! Far cheaper Ikea beds are better designed and sturdier. I've had to buy a central support and fixings from Ikea and modified the base. It's now sturdy and doesn't creek waking me up every time I turn over! In summary, overpriced badly and badly designed. engineered!"
"Awaiting my third replacement for damaged bedroom furniture. The store gives the perception that this company sells high end products but really they are no better than some of the cheap stores that you can get similar furniture from at less than half the price! I spent a fortune on this order, and I have to say it is the worst experience I have ever had when buying furniture. My advice is to avoid B&S like the plague!"
"Awesome experience with barker and Stonehouse - ordered the san Quentin table with matching bench and leather chairs, managed to get the bench and table from the outlet store for a great price. Communication was all via email with a lady called Lauren Poulter who couldn’t have done more to help me get the best prices and add extra things to my existing delivery to save on delivery costs. She really was outstanding and very friendly from the start right up to helping me when the delivery was running slightly late (just by half an hour). Delivery men were fab, constructed everything and the quality of the furniture is great. Couldn’t complain about anything. Thank you."
"Store looked good. But when two wardrobes come opened 2 packs and both badly damaged. Delivery drivers weren’t exactly careful. To be fair we got full refund and after reading reviews we cancelled all of £6.5k order"
"I recently spent £4000 in Barker & Stonehouse in Gateshead. On the day that i received my 2 sofas (1 high back & 1 scatter cushions) i rang up to ask if i could possibly change the scatter cushions to high back as immediately did not like them in my living room. I was told that they would contact the manifacturer and call me back. No call back, this happened 3 times within the week following. Spoke to the store manager twice who insisted that they could only contact the manufacturer via email. Then every time I called back they said no response and they would email again. Staff were rude and not helpful. I still have not heard anything 2 months later. They were quick to take my money but you better hope your happy with your order as the after sales is very bad. I will never shop there again and would NOT recommend to anyone."
"Unfortunately the same as everyone else. damaged wardrobe base delivered in November, still waiting for a replacement. Have to chase customer services, who fob you off each time you ring them with an excuse. Still no replacement date and reading the reviews not much hope of resolving this. For the price you pay for the furniture its very disappointing"
"Disgusting customer service. Ordered our items in July- it’s december and still not here! Today we were finally expecting our delivery and they haven’t showed up.called the store and they don’t know where our order is!! Don’t go to Hove branch of barker and stonehouse. Also as a side note, dining room table we bought stains when you put anything on it- it’s a dining room table!!!! Totally useless piece of furniture and cost over 2k. In summary; poor service, expensive and defective items, terrible communication. Will NEVER use this company again"
Barker and Stonehouse is rated 1.53 based on 40 reviews